Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dog Jones posted:

Regarding A, I'm not interested in defending this 'aggressive' word. I know that the US is pursuing (or has successfully pursued) charges against Assange and WikiLeaks via a large scale criminal investigation, because of the large amount of evidence which the government has released directly, and because high level US officials have openly admitted that the investigation exists. The actual proceedings of this investigation are secret. I don't see why this is controversial.

Because there are no actual charges and there is no evidence that charges will ever be filed. That's what makes it a conspiracy theory instead of a fact.

quote:

Regarding B, I've never said that the US fabricated rape charges against Assange. There is no evidence that suggests the US government fabricated the rape charges that I am aware of, and I do not think the US government fabricated the rape charges.

Right, you don't think this is true, you're just defending others who think that this is true. You're defending a completely hosed up and stupid conspiracy theory that has no supporting evidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dog Jones posted:

I mean I don't think I'm gonna hang around if you guys are feeling like maybe I should get banned or probated for responding to the messages you all send me, yall are bitch made for that though.

Like if yall wanna stop talking about this we can you don't have to go get the teacher

I'm saying that you should not be probated or banned for "responding" to us you dumbfuck

e: although I think cucumisaphilia is probatable, you probably should have checked the forum rules before loving all of those watermelons

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 1, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

chitoryu12 posted:

Someone casually mentioned the conspiracy theory that Assange has been secretly murdered, and Dog Jones launched into claims that the real crazy conspiracy theory here is that Assange is fleeing from a rape investigation and not because the US government is going to haul him to a CIA black site.

It's funny because the post I made was mostly about conspiracies about the Podestas and pizzagate and some weird lefty site being "Well, if you take a bunch of circumstantial evidence and poo poo from wikileaks, they probably are the greatest serial child abusers in history and every Democrat is part of a giant pedo ring" and then at the end I casually mention "hey where'd the Assange is dead thing come from?" and then Dog Jones was triggered and here we are.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

fishmech posted:

Yes, but what the lizards don't want you to know is that it was faked on Mars.

Did Stanley Kubrick still direct anything?

Serious question: Were the leaders of Soviet Russia also reptoids?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Stickarts posted:

Because they're bad, duh

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Dog Jones posted:

Is this supposed to be like a parody of something I've said or something? You just got here though and I've never said anything like this before.... I donno about you pal. We'll see.

It's what you said right above my post mocking you. Jesus, dude, read what you post.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Stickarts posted:

Stanley Kubrick was actually a native Martian so yeah.

The leaders of Soviet Russia were actually turtle reptoids, unlike the capitalist world's lizard reptoids. It's very different.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dog Jones posted:

An emoticon is not a sufficient criticism of the arguments I presented to you. I'm sorry to tell you that you can't expect to be taken seriously if you're only way of addressing opposing viewpoints is to say 'your words are meaningless', 'everything you said doesn't count because of a reason which I will keep secret', and 'nah that doesn't address what I was saying for a reason which I will keep secret try again'. These are really laughable sophisms, and I imagine you are in a panicked furor trying to justify to yourself that you have anything worthwhile to offer in the discussion.

Everything in your first post I have addressed directly in my prior posts which you are pretending don't count. There is nothing more to say about them until you read and respond to what I presented earlier.

One novel thing thing is the reappearance of your fantasy that the bail-money campaign was a scam. Earlier, when you stupidly called it a scam outright without any actual evidence that the campaign was launched in bad faith or with the aim of fleecing people, I directly asked you for evidence that the campaign was a scam. Even though my post didn't count or whatever, I think you learned all the wrong lessons from being exposed as an obvious liar. Instead of backing off the charge that it was a scam, you try again to make it sound like a scam without actually referring to it as such. You do this by saying Assange was theatrical and manipulative of pathos in his attempts to elicit money, 'begging' supporters for money. You go on to say that he skipped bail 'as soon as the money was raised', hoping to evoke in the readers mind a sense that Assange skipped bail BECAUSE the money had been raised. Do you feel self satisfied when you are done writing a fabrication like this? You are only fooling yourself when your primary challenge as a writer is to obfuscate weak and baseless ideas.

Really? That doesn't sound like my logic. It sounds more like some obviously absurd bullshit. I think I see the problem though. You don't understand the Right of Asylum (the internationally recognized human right which is at the center of the argument you are trying to make). You are mixed up because you take an additional moment to contemplate the difference between a criminal who is in jail due to being successfully prosecuted in a fair trial, and someone like a political prisoner or a refugee. If you take a moment and really think about it, you will see that these two types of people are subject to very different circumstances. If you look at the definition of the right of asylum (the thing which you're entire argument focuses on) in the universal declaration of human rights, you will see that it reads:

"Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution."

and not:

"Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from anything that they don't want to deal with."

So as to avoid any further confusion, let's look at the definition of persecution: "hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs."

Do you understand now that the logic of the Right of Asylum doesn't say criminals have the right to escape justice?

The insane conclusion you arrived at there wasn't a result of 'my' logic (its not my logic actually, its the logic of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights), it was a result of your complete lack of understanding of the subject matter.

It's tough for me to respond to your charge that all the people who disagree with your view are gay homos, who jerk each others cocks off for the fun of it in a big goofy gay circle. I guess I just have to concede that all my ideas are the ideas of a homo sex moron who loves to jerk off every dude who agrees with me about Assange.

I want to say your claim that I am just pretending that there are circumstances which rightly made Assange concerned for his will being and likely were the chief motivators of his actions despite his best intentions does not actually address the evidence and nuanced exploration I previously wrote for you. But in light of the fact that those were all the pretend games of a cock jerking idiot fag, I guess I have to admit you are right.

Lmao you didn't address a single thing she said you big gay moron

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Actually if you read all these words that talk in circles around your point without ever actually addressing the point I think you'll find that faaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dog Jones is like qalnor but somehow dumber

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Stickarts posted:

Were advocates of Judeo-Bolshevism lizard people? Think about it for a second.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I do notice that Lizardmen theorists tend to claim people on "our side" for lack of a better term tend to be Lizards, and I've heard that is because whoever the bad guys are are actually good becuase they're resisting the Lizards.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I wondered why this thread got so active lately and it looks like someone's getting ready to go full kyoon.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Okay, get this - I think Dog Jones... is a troll

Only a troll would insist on putting "donno" in almost every post

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Doesn't trolling rely on an asymmetrical expenditure of effort? By the time you type a novella, you aren't the troll anymore.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lizard people can only survive on this planet via welfare and medicaid ergo these institutions must be destroyed

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Speaking of lizard people, does anyone know when David Icke started pushing the lizard people conspiracy? I know he became famous for it in the 90's but wonder if he'd started spreading it earlier. Like say just after hit SF mini series V had stopped its original run.

Wouldn't be the first time a TV show has started a cult of paranoids.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I'm just asking questions here but why does David Icke only talk about the reptilians when there are many competing races? Not just the major lizard-men and turtle-men but also snake-people, alligator-men, raptor-men, and the various bird-people.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

fishmech posted:

Stanley Kubrick was actually a native Martian so yeah.

The leaders of Soviet Russia were actually turtle reptoids, unlike the capitalist world's lizard reptoids. It's very different.

Shbobdb posted:

Were advocates of Judeo-Bolshevism lizard people? Think about it for a second.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Because they're bad, duh

I have so much left to learn.

fishmech posted:

I'm just asking questions here but why does David Icke only talk about the reptilians when there are many competing races? Not just the major lizard-men and turtle-men but also snake-people, alligator-men, raptor-men, and the various bird-people.

Wait, so do signs point to Icke being a reptoid??? If so, which kind? Who amongst these lizardly folk are allies and enemies in this great galactic battle?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Baka-nin posted:

Speaking of lizard people, does anyone know when David Icke started pushing the lizard people conspiracy? I know he became famous for it in the 90's but wonder if he'd started spreading it earlier. Like say just after hit SF mini series V had stopped its original run.

Wouldn't be the first time a TV show has started a cult of paranoids.

Icke first started with the reptilian stuff in his book "The Robots Rebellion" published in 1994, about 4 years after his famous appearance on the Wogan show where he declared himself a "son of the godhead". Although Icke is by far the person who has done the most to spread the reptilian material, he is not really the inventor of it so much as he is the person who created the most viral form of the theory. Reptilian Conspiracy theories were nothing new before David Icke, they were however rather rare. (Even amongst the oldschool UFO types the whole reptilian thing was regarded as the territory of fringe nuts.) The version of the theory that Icke peddles is mostly lifted from Credo Mutwa, a man who claims he is the last true Zulu Shaman and the keeper of the true history of the human race. Credo had created his own version of the reptilian theory long before Icke came onto the scene, but he and his theory were mostly a local sideshow in South Africa. And then one of the students of Credo noticed similarities between Icke's theories and Credo's invented fables and the result of that was this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4apWOUNOx64

The entire thing is over 6 hours long and is so non-stop nutty that it really isn't even possible to mention any highlights, it is all batshit. The above video however is the single most important source for the current version of the reptilians theory. Other more minor conspiracy theorists ( most notably Jordan Maxwell, Michael Tsarion, and Alex Collier)

If you want a good example of a full blown high-compaction Narrativist from the Paranoid Cluster, then you really can do no better than this video right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP4-ZFo6qAs

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 1, 2016

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

like hell I'm gonna actually watch any of that, but can you tell me what the man who appears to be Tommy Lee Jones has to do with extra dimensional shape-shifters who control society, this theory isn't about antisemitism i swear

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought the Lizardman stuff came from a guy in the early 20th century who had some kind of magic radio that let him look under Los Angeles and there he found the hidden city of the Lizard People.

Sorta like how Ancient Aliens is literally people believing Lovecraft to be writing about real stuff.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I thought lizardmen were based on the semi-legitimate 1600s 'science' about the earth being hollow and a bunch of luminous gas being in a bunch of weird rotating shells in the earth that powers the magnetic field and leaks out to make the northern lights and somehow that means people could live underground but since it's underground they'd have to be lizard like or whatever

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

twistedmentat posted:

I thought the Lizardman stuff came from a guy in the early 20th century who had some kind of magic radio that let him look under Los Angeles and there he found the hidden city of the Lizard People.

Sorta like how Ancient Aliens is literally people believing Lovecraft to be writing about real stuff.

Theosophy was big in the 19th Century and lizard people is a natural outgrowth of Theosophy. Given that theosophical societies were often secret societies and that secret societies were closely tied to nationalist societies in the long 19th Century.

"The good guys are fighting the lizards" and "the lizards are the bad people" is a good oversimplification. Nationalists were against ancien regime foreign royalty (such as the surviving Hapsburgs, Windsors, Romanovs and Bourbons) but were also all about national royalty (Savoy, Hohenzollern, etc). It's not generally consistent. For example, the Greeks overthrew a Bavarian King and elected a Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (AKA House Windsor) king (which was rejected by the European powers) so they compromised on a Glücksburg (Danish) who was the son of the then Duchess of Wales.

More importantly, ethnic nationalists don't like minority groups. In the "having just discovered the Nationalism technology" countries in east of the Rhine or south of Po there was an abundance of Jews because people West and/or East of them had kicked them out. Undesirable ethnic minorities became associated with undesirable foreign rulers.

Then there is also Disraeli. I'm not a big fan of the Great Man theory but I think his impact is worth discussing, especially in the anglosphere. A Jewish Prime Minister made a certain segment of the population go bug-gently caress insane. He was a dandy to boot, so he flaunted his deviant ways. He was a Tory, so the opinions of people that mattered made it acceptable but there was a populist backlash. For example, the reason why the British Royal Family is both lizard people and secretly Jewish is because of an old conspiracy that Albert was unable to satisfy Victoria's insatiable sexual appetite so Disraeli "introduced" Jewishness to the royal line (this kind criticism is almost always present where a woman is in a dominant position. It's gotten more muted but, for example, jokes about Merkel's nebbish husband fall into this grand tradition).

Anti-royalist ultra-Nationalism post WWI accelerated things. The Nazis are kinda obvious (Jews are evil, Judeo-Bolshevism, etc) but where you really want to look in America is the John Birch Society. They synthesized and normalized a lot of these conspiracy theories for the modern post-war American audience. My own person True Conspiracy Theory is that most anglophone Conspiracy Theories were generated by the John Birch Society.

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
I think Icke's on record as being a fan of the original V series. For him it's probably a nice soap opera to watch. You have to wonder if things like that factor in to conspiracies though. While conspiracy theories follow similar themes throughout the ages they tend to take on contemporary ideas to make them new again. I remember seeing a site here on SA from a guy who thought that Hollywood celebrities were posing as Crisis Actors a good few years before that idea became mainstream in conspiracy culture. He was genuinely off the deep end and people seemed to think he had some sort of disorder based around facial recognition. But then a few years later that idea gets taken on wholesale and Crisis Actors are a new way for people to sell books with and make videos with.

It's the same with Pizzagate. The recent stuff about child abuse by high level politicians in the UK most certainly influenced how it came about. The idea that people in power that are on the Evil side of things are running a satanic sex cult was there before the evidence, somewhere in the back of peoples minds. All it took was for something to look at like the Podesta emails and people found the evidence for it, like they always will.

The Assange stuff is interesting because while it's another attempt to proliferate more conspiracy theories, it's a different angle. Most conspiracy theories are bourne out of the need to create tangible villains. It's why conspiracy is more like religion than anything else, it's people trying to make a simple symbol system to help them understand the world. One where there is absolute good and evil and they're on the side of the angels. The Assange stuff is more about creating an Angel than a Demon and you can see how much harder that is to do for conspiracy theory logic. In normal conspiracy theories everyday human mistakes or misunderstandings or coincidences by those who they want to cast as the bad guys are easy to turn into conspiracy lore. If it doesn't make total sense then that can be explained by them being secretive or powerful or whatever. When you're trying to create an angel you find that these details that don't match the narrative are a lot harder to explain, they don't sit as well.

This is why the next few years of conspiracy are going to be fascinating to watch. We've got an Alex Jones approved guy in the White House. It's like they've had their Book of Revelations war and they've won. So now what? They're not going to be able to call back to Hillary and Obama for very long, so where do they go then? Will it die down or will they turn their attention to the UN or Jews or will they turn on Trump? Will conspiracies start shifting around to the left wing of politics again? Either way it's a fine time for people who like laughing at dipshits.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also the Cubs won so they can't talk about the "curse" anymore.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Data Graham posted:

Also the Cubs won so they can't talk about the "curse" anymore.

I'm still convinced we got monkey pawed on that one

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm still convinced we got monkey pawed on that one

The cubs will win the world series but it will be the last world series ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Looks like the pizzagate thing has actually resulted in an attempted mass shooting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.59298d89c259

Probably lucky that the guy wanted to find the alleged tunnels before he started shooting I assume.

Also when reading about the debunking of Pizzagate, I found a lot of references to "pedophile symbols" and leaked documents from wikilinks which I am skeptical of because :tinfoil: types are always going on about symbols of Satanism or Pedos or whatnot, so I always am skeptical about hearing about a symbol of something bad being found somewhere.

Though straight up white power and nazi symbols are excused as being "just celebrating heritage" by the same people.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34954474

This is the second time this election cycle that bullshit has resulted in someone bringing out a gun, though thankfully no one was hurt.

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

Alex Jones has had to do a calm-the-gently caress-down Pizzagate video after this, which pretty shows how nuts it's all getting. So where are we at now?

quote:

It's confirmed, pizzagate is a psyop now. If they can shove it in our faces that a pedo ring exist and nothing is done to bring justice then they can set up a casus belli to crack down on "fake news" with the lone gunman tied to the conspiracy theory as the false flag.

Deep in a bowl of word salad it seems. Sadly though, our wonderful band of internet sleuths are starting to devour each other as sub-theories and crossover fan-fiction bullshit from the Assange thing, Benghazi, Jimmy Saville, Reptoids and whatever else are somewhat muddying the waters and causing infighting. A lot of them are realising that the whole thing is a bunch of nonsense so it's clearly a distraction from the main issue, which is Saint Julian being cloned (yes we're cloning him now) in Antarctic Guantanamo. It's getting very heated, the passion of these little whackjobs is really something to behold.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Modrasone posted:

Alex Jones has had to do a calm-the-gently caress-down Pizzagate video after this, which pretty shows how nuts it's all getting. So where are we at now?

Deep in a bowl of word salad it seems. Sadly though, our wonderful band of internet sleuths are starting to devour each other as sub-theories and crossover fan-fiction bullshit from the Assange thing, Benghazi, Jimmy Saville, Reptoids and whatever else are somewhat muddying the waters and causing infighting. A lot of them are realising that the whole thing is a bunch of nonsense so it's clearly a distraction from the main issue, which is Saint Julian being cloned (yes we're cloning him now) in Antarctic Guantanamo. It's getting very heated, the passion of these little whackjobs is really something to behold.

The Internet is capable of speeding up compaction cycles to such an extent that the process of compaction and its accompanying development of the Inner Narrative can be now observed in real time.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Is Alex Jones even in a position to get people to calm down now though? We've reached the stage where narratives are creating narratives and its completely out of the control of any one figure to be able to control it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Skinty McEdger posted:

Is Alex Jones even in a position to get people to calm down now though? We've reached the stage where narratives are creating narratives and its completely out of the control of any one figure to be able to control it.

Well he's in a position to distract them with new things to freak out about, which can make them calm down on other things.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
this is also how you raise toddlers. they don't and can't understand why something is bad/dumb/wrong to do, so the best thing to do is distract them with something else

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009

Modrasone posted:

The idea that people in power that are on the Evil side of things are running a satanic sex cult was there before the evidence, somewhere in the back of peoples minds. All it took was for something to look at like the Podesta emails and people found the evidence for it, like they always will.
It's not a new idea, either. Look up "Bohemian Grove" (an idea espoused by, among others, Hunter Thompson.)

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin
Jul 19, 2000

Oven Wrangler
The Bohemian Grove is an actual thing, in that it's a club where a bunch of powerful men meet in the woods to get drunk and party. It's basically just a high-budget fraternity. I was in a frat for a little while in university, and aside from the cost, the "cremation of care" and spooky owl statue wouldn't have been that out of place in the new pledge initiation.

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

Miss-Bomarc posted:

It's not a new idea, either. Look up "Bohemian Grove" (an idea espoused by, among others, Hunter Thompson.)

That's what I was getting at. The idea pre-exists and just gets chucked in there because it feels right and is Within Lore.

So it's day six or seven of this and where are we at now? Not only did the subreddit for this get banned for doxxing, harassing and all of that fun stuff, the subreddit they used to evade to the ban was banned as well. They keeping making them for some reason, even though they're just going to get banned again. It's like the don't know a world outside of Reddit. In fact, looking at some other stuff suggests there's a lot of sheltered people involved in this one. Somebody posted some damning new evidence where a gig marked as "All Ages" was put on at the pizza place in the evening. Why would they let children go somewhere that serves alcohol and in the evening too the sickos? People had to point out to the poor bumpkin that its a pretty standard thing based on start times and curfews and Chuck-e-cheese serves beer now too in some places so get a grip. In the same way that people found the murals at the pizza place and Podestas art collection totally sick and depraved, it seems a lot of the pizzateers haven't really experienced how tragically hip metropolitan culture can get. Is this just sheltered rural teenagers having a meltdown at the affluent end of city life? It's certainly an element.

The lizards have landed too. In fact standard conspiracy tropes are landing thick and fast. The shooter guy has an IMDB page so that's the Crisis Actor angle taken care of. MKUltra has been invoked. There's a little bit Da Jewzzez stuff in there too. I guess this is what happens when there's no more data to analyse, it's time to get out your splurge guns like the end of Bugsy Malone and spray absolutely every other conspiracy theory you've ever head of all over your buddies.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin posted:

The Bohemian Grove is an actual thing, in that it's a club where a bunch of powerful men meet in the woods to get drunk and party. It's basically just a high-budget fraternity. I was in a frat for a little while in university, and aside from the cost, the "cremation of care" and spooky owl statue wouldn't have been that out of place in the new pledge initiation.

The place exists, you can go visit it now if you want: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove - and of course people talk business there, because why wouldn't they? That said, I wouldn't put any stock into the claims of human sacrifice and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't really blame people for thinking that people in power are secretly child molesters because that's literally a thing in the UK.

• Locked thread