Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I think all the views for that video are from us lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
More gold from the Cruz crew

The rampant blatant homophobia of these people is, frankly, astounding

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
To me Ted Cruz looks like Tragedy and Comedy found a long lost brother, Smugedy (note: Both pronounciations are valid)

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
HOLY poo poo they use dip-to-white transitions when cutting into a shot of Cruz because you can see the poster frames spazz out in the shadows of Cruz against a dark background, readjusting the chroma compression as the flash algorithm throws up its hands and screams "WHAT THE *gently caress* AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS NOISE? WHAT SHAPE AM I EVEN LOOKING AT. CHRIST!"

The Cruz team literally has prostproduction strategies in place to address the challenges imposed upon them by his radioactive pallor.

This 30 second spot is a masterpiece. I am enjoying this more than I've enjoyed any film in the last three months. I am not making a joke.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Willie Tomg posted:

HOLY poo poo they use dip-to-white transitions when cutting into a shot of Cruz because you can see the poster frames spazz out in the shadows of Cruz against a dark background, readjusting the chroma compression as the flash algorithm throws up its hands and screams "WHAT THE *gently caress* AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS NOISE? WHAT SHAPE AM I EVEN LOOKING AT. CHRIST!"

The Cruz team literally has prostproduction strategies in place to address the challenges imposed upon them by his radioactive pallor.

This 30 second spot is a masterpiece. I am enjoying this more than I've enjoyed any film in the last three months. I am not making a joke.

I would just like to say that I appreciate this post and it is hilariously dead-on.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me

Intel&Sebastian posted:

To me Ted Cruz looks like Tragedy and Comedy found a long lost brother, Smugedy (note: Both pronounciations are valid)

gently caress lmao

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Willie Tomg posted:

His head is shaped like the nation of France.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

I get a disturbing Freddie Mercury vibe off him. He needs some white spandex jumpsuits and a short staff mike.

Probably says more about me than him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Donald Trump Iowa campaign events? They're gonna be yooge, they're gonna be classy, they're gonna be bigger than all those other events hosted by losers. Who knows events better than Trump? Right. Nobody.

quote:

But don’t look for the sort of town-to-town, Pizza Ranch-to-Pizza Ranch campaign Laudner put together for 2012 Iowa caucus winner former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum.

“That was a mad dash,” Laudner said. Trump’s campaign will “look like a typical caucus campaign, but bigger.”

With Trump, he said there will be bigger events with more people and more time with people in one setting.

Boom. They're just better events, OK?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

echronorian posted:

More gold from the Cruz crew

The rampant blatant homophobia of these people is, frankly, astounding

Tim Cook, noted moron.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

echronorian posted:

Someone posted this monstrosity in response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Oh hey, remember that compulsory speech all of the Liberty University students had to go to and watch Ted Cruz? Looks like someone's going to push the IRS into investigating that for violating the law that prohibits churches from allowing their space to be used specifically for politics.

https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-separation/falwell-follies-liberty-university-president-denies-political-intent-after

quote:

On March 23, Liberty University allowed its convocation to be taken over by a man who announced to the world that he is running for president. And the school did this with full knowledge that he intended to say this.

Last week, Americans United wrote to John Koskinen, commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, and told him that it’s high time he began enforcing the law prohibiting partisan politicking by houses of worship and other tax-exempt entities.

Federal law bars most non-profit groups from intervening in elections by endorsing or opposing candidates. The IRS has not been enforcing the law for the past few years. A federal court ruling required the IRS to do internal reorganizing, and the flap over the alleged scandal concerning Tea Party groups – they were supposedly being subjected to heightened scrutiny – made the IRS skittish.

In its letter to Koskinen, AU argued the court case was resolved years ago, and the Tea Party “scandal” turned out to be largely bogus, so it’s time to move on and start enforcing the “no politicking” law again.

To demonstrate the seriousness of the issue, Americans United noted that U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) recently appeared at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va., at what amounted to a campaign rally.

Hours before arriving at Liberty, Cruz sent a tweet stating that he would announce that he was running for president during the event. And that is exactly what he did. Cruz was surrounded by more than 10,000 Liberty students, who were required to be there, by the way.

AU did not officially ask the IRS to investigate Liberty – although some media outlets reported that; rather, we used the Cruz appearance as an example of the kinds of problems that are occurring because the law is not being enforced. We also pointed out the ongoing problem over the Alliance Defending Freedom’s “Pulpit Freedom Sunday,” where pastors are prodded to flagrantly violate the law by endorsing or opposing candidates from the pulpit.

Liberty provided Cruz with a nice backdrop for a candidate rally. It’s the sort of thing, AU believes, that should draw IRS scrutiny. Our point was that the agency needs to start enforcing the law now because it’s pretty clear that, for better or for worse, campaign 2016 is under way, and we’re only going to see more violations like this.

Jerry Falwell Jr. and other Liberty University officials insist that the school has done nothing wrong. In an interview with Alicia Petska of the Lynchburg News & Advance, David Corry, the university’s attorney, said, “The event was a speech. It wasn’t an announcement of candidacy for the Republican nomination of president….We were clear with the folks from the campaign in advance that this would not be an announcement.”

It wasn’t an announcement of Cruz’s candidacy? I have to wonder what speech Corry was listening to. Of course the event was an announcement of Cruz’s candidacy! Virtually every major media outlet reported it that way, and Cruz methodically planned the whole thing to kick off his quest for the White House. CNN noted that Cruz deliberately picked Liberty to make the announcement to boost his standing with the Religious Right.

Falwell told the News & Advance that these types of events featuring speakers – called “convocations” – are a regular part of the school’s educational program. He pointed out that speakers are drawn from various communities – business, politics, religion, entertainment, etc.

That may be so. But on March 23, Liberty University allowed its convocation to be taken over by a man who announced to the world that he is running for president. And the school did this with full knowledge that he intended to say this.

In a nutshell, Liberty University sponsored the first Ted Cruz for President campaign rally. It should not be allowed to do that while retaining its tax-exempt status.

It is time for the IRS to start enforcing the laws of the land.

Unfortunately, the IRS has never bothered to enforce that law.

Prosopagnosiac
May 19, 2007

One of us! One of us! Aqua Buddha! Aqua Buddha! One of us!

Sir Tonk posted:

Tim Cook, noted moron.
"It pays to be on (secretly homosexual) Obama's side"

Yeah Tim Cook is desperate for more money, that's why he announced on Friday he's giving it all to charity after he dies.

It's been said before, but these people really do live in a different reality than the rest of us.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

eternalname posted:

gently caress lmao

Someone on these boards mentioned that Cruz looked like a Doonesbury character come to life. I can't unsee that now.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chantilly Say posted:

The plan involves the Joker showing up to the UN in robes and a turban and laughing while Batman curses his inability to harm him because of diplomatic immunity. Also, this is simply meant to distract Batman so the terrorists can nuke Gotham. I feel like I have to clarify this was a 1988 storyline.

Why would Batman give a poo poo about diplomatic immunity? He's not affiliated with any government, and has already racked up thousands of assault, trespassing, illegal wiretapping charges, and has a space based weapon which is all kinds of unconsionable by the UN. What's ignoring international protocol to him?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Riptor posted:

What's this mean? Genuinely curious

EDIT: Not what MP means but the insinuation

MP's tend to be more conservative and assholish for the same reason regular police tend to be conservative and assholish.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
There was a Garth Ennis Punisher arc where the gov't jumped through a bunch of hoops to capture him and ask him to kill Bin Laden. If I remember right he didn't say no, but just escaped and it was never mentioned again? I think?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

There was a Garth Ennis Punisher arc where the gov't jumped through a bunch of hoops to capture him and ask him to kill Bin Laden. If I remember right he didn't say no, but just escaped and it was never mentioned again? I think?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

And they sure don't want to start. I'd love for them to, but whoa boy will it get crazy around the country if it really got serious. The right would lose their minds.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sir Tonk posted:

And they sure don't want to start. I'd love for them to, but whoa boy will it get crazy around the country if it really got serious. The right would lose their minds.

On the other hand, would anyone notice? We're pretty maxed on right wing outrage.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
WHAT COULD IT BE?!?! :iiam:

Probably announcing that he's going to work on a bipartisan commerce bill, or something equally exciting.

:lol: Question 7 of his event FAQ: "What if I can't attend? Will the event be recorded?"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

He does have the healthy pallor of a corpse in a open casket funeral.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

:lol: Question 7 of his event FAQ: "What if I can't attend? Will the event be recorded?"

As office manager of a church, my mom still mails out cassettes of each week's sermon to the older, bed-ridden members.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am signing up here to my request tickets!

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Probably going to be at the Marco Rubio announcement. I might even be on tee vee.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

MP's tend to be more conservative and assholish for the same reason regular police tend to be conservative and assholish.

How does the MP work? It sounds like a chicken hawk organization/position.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Fulchrum posted:

Why would Batman give a poo poo about diplomatic immunity? He's not affiliated with any government, and has already racked up thousands of assault, trespassing, illegal wiretapping charges, and has a space based weapon which is all kinds of unconsionable by the UN. What's ignoring international protocol to him?

Because comic books.

Someone post the one with Doctor Doom and Magneto crying at Ground Zero on 9/11. :xd:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Arkane posted:

Probably going to be at the Marco Rubio announcement. I might even be on tee vee.

I hope Rubio gets some of that Huntsmentum.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Anyone else think that Indiana will be a primary/general election issue that candidates feet will be held to the fire over?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Oh hey, remember that compulsory speech all of the Liberty University students had to go to and watch Ted Cruz? Looks like someone's going to push the IRS into investigating that for violating the law that prohibits churches from allowing their space to be used specifically for politics.

https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-separation/falwell-follies-liberty-university-president-denies-political-intent-after

Colleges let candidates use their facilities all the time, not sure what law is beong broken here. Unless they are specifically ordering their students to vote for Cruz.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

sullat posted:

Colleges let candidates use their facilities all the time, not sure what law is beong broken here. Unless they are specifically ordering their students to vote for Cruz.

They required their students to attend the rally.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Probably not imo. It's still a long time away and the GOP debates won't mention it at all if it's still a losing issue. The immediate backlash has already stopped anyone important who was planning on spiking the ball.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

sullat posted:

I think the issue is that Liberty specifically considers itself a Church/has an attached affiliated church (I don't actually know which), so if they used the church side of things to directly promote a political candidate, then that could violate their tax exemptions. In any case it's a rarely enforced law and I doubt anything comes of this.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Cantorsdust posted:

They required their students to attend the rally.

The way I heard it was that they were only required to attend a non-Cruz event that was held before the rally, Cruz's thing was held immediately afterwards.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Arkane posted:

He's not going to pick you, Jon.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Arkane posted:

Save that airtime for other goons, you already wept on CSPAN's call-in line for Huntsman.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Dr. Tough posted:

The way I heard it was that they were only required to attend a non-Cruz event that was held before the rally, Cruz's thing was held immediately afterwards.
Where did you hear that? This is the first time I've heard that story.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

PhazonLink posted:

How does the MP work? It sounds like a chicken hawk organization/position.

MP's are as the name suggests the military version of the police. They are responsible for base security meaning their job can be quite dangerous, but normally isn't. Not all MP's are assholes, but they do have somewhat of a reputation of being what every power hungry jerk wants to be when enlisting because they get off on disciplining people.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Clinton's informal advisor is discovered to be illegally lobbying from his email hack: http://gawker.com/did-clintons-backdoor-adviser-illegally-lobby-for-putin-1693111549

The "Clinton is a lawyer therefore she'd never do anything illegal" comment on that story is pretty great. Not sure if it's sarcastic or serious, but either way, awesome.

What are the odds that emails about this are in the ones turned over to State? 1 in a million or 1 in a billion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Venom Snake posted:

MP's are as the name suggests the military version of the police. They are responsible for base security meaning their job can be quite dangerous, but normally isn't. Not all MP's are assholes, but they do have somewhat of a reputation of being what every power hungry jerk wants to be when enlisting because they get off on disciplining people.

As always, Terminal Lance is here to help http://terminallance.com/2014/11/21/terminal-lance-355-police-your-own/

• Locked thread