Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nomad2020 posted:

go to your forums settings and opt out of that poo poo, it's stupid that it's on by default.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

those all get broadcasted via opt-all meaning optional, meaning turn it off, dipshit

the h1z1 invasion was either before opt-all or it was sent to all, which is likely even if opt-all was a thing because it was mittani doing a bunch of hurfing about it to get people hyped about it. you also cannot opt out at least some of the twitch talk shows for the same reason. you just deal with it and scroll past it if you dont care about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Nietzschean posted:

the h1z1 invasion was either before opt-all or it was sent to all, which is likely even if opt-all was a thing because it was mittani doing a bunch of hurfing about it to get people hyped about it. you also cannot opt out at least some of the twitch talk shows. you just deal with it and scroll past it if you dont care about it.

it was on not opt, for like a day

but also nothing was happening

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

nomad2020 posted:

go to your forums settings and opt out of that poo poo, it's stupid that it's on by default.

Because no one would ever turn it on.

Also when you turn it off. You end up on the special list for disloyal subjects.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rhymenoserous posted:

You kinda left and hosed over the one alliance that was interested in doing suicide ganking on an industrial scale.

yeah but miniluv cant kill neutral pilots that happen to be blues, it's far too restricting to do what i'm doing in miniluv, which is both fortunate and unfortunate

djent
Nov 28, 2013

It's metal to like clowns

Nietzschean posted:

i am sad for whatever monolithic culture you inhabit where there is only one variety of pizza

out of curiosity what is it

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
and also seeing how at least a third of the targets end up being imperium, it kind of would be detrimental to hunt near jita anyway as an imperium member

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

those all get broadcasted via opt-all meaning optional, meaning turn it off, dipshit

Yea I know that, the point is the leadership shat all over what should have been something cool. The idea of being pinged for a all hands on dick major space battle is cool as gently caress, but the reality turned out to be just another form of spam that I ended up filtering more than actual spam emails which really defeats the whole purpose.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

nice hotlinking nerd

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
having been there since it started your idea of what it could be, never was

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i dont see any bacon or pineapple on that pizza m8m8m8m8m8

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

nomad2020 posted:

It should be on by default. That's why you can opt out. Because not everyone has weapons grade autism about too many broadcasts

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Because no one would ever turn it on.

That's exactly why it's dumb that they're on.

I'm not particularly loyal, just want to fight the holy war and when things cool off again i'll get bored in about 5 mins.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

abigserve posted:

*** underdogs with huge supercaptial fleets, of course

being outnumbered in supercapitals is hardly a new thing, that describes us for basically every moment of our existence minus about a year and a half

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ullerrm posted:

"It is true, but it is also a shame to have said it." Reddit feeds on outrage and scandal.

dragonstalking posted:

Everyone on earth feeds on outrage and scandal

ftfy

BRUAH.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Despera posted:

Oh god you are almost as precious as videogames

Eh, not really. Mine is less :shobon: newbie and more "I haven't been hating myself enough for the last year, so I resubbed to eve. Whats new?" I'd guess the caldari one is trash since the destroyer its based off of is pretty bad, but a man can dream. Don't care, gonna buy one anyways because I love its paint scheme.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

vyst posted:

It should be on by default. That's why you can opt out. Because not everyone has weapons grade autism about too many broadcasts

most people don't have weapons grade autism about eve online, the popular online space ship game, being ever present whenever they use their favorite desktop chat client.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vodkat posted:

most people don't have weapons grade autism about eve online, the popular online space ship game, being ever present whenever they use their favorite desktop chat client.

if you play eve, you have weapons grade autism

sorry friend videogames, its true :shobon:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Elmnt80 posted:

Eh, not really. Mine is less :shobon: newbie and more "I haven't been hating myself enough for the last year, so I resubbed to eve. Whats new?" I'd guess the caldari one is trash since the destroyer its based off of is pretty bad, but a man can dream. Don't care, gonna buy one anyways because I love its paint scheme.

Good to have you back Elmnt, the AAS Hole is being re-established, and Groon is getting back together and rousing itself out of its slumber. They're not even blue to goons either atm, the DROOG PVP Juggernaut marches on.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Elmnt80 posted:

Ironically, if you're doing swag smallgang poo poo, the Caldari one is the best one because it has the CPU to fit an expanded probe launcher.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ok so in your bizzarro monolithic culture the only available type of pizza is half-cheese, half-pepperoni from a place called estes park.

well ok then.by what artifact of civil management is this literally the only pizza place in your area?

in most of the world that has access to pizza you could have other varieties as well, such as perhaps entirely pepperoni or maybe another thing on it with the pepperoni.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

if you play eve, you have weapons grade autism

sorry friend videogames, its true :shobon:

:iceburn: but if someone as nerdy as me doesn't want to login to jabber because, as much as I like the idea of being called into some major :frogalert: space battle, it generally just shits up whatever else I'm doing then it shows that something has gone majorly wrong.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

vodkat posted:

:iceburn: but if someone as nerdy as me doesn't want to login to jabber because, as much as I like the idea of being called into some major :frogalert: space battle, it generally just shits up whatever else I'm doing then it shows that something has gone majorly wrong.

What we're saying is you're a bitch though. So this experience you are having is that of a bitch and not a normal one the rest of us have.

djent
Nov 28, 2013

It's metal to like clowns

Nietzschean posted:

ok so in your bizzarro monolithic culture the only available type of pizza is half-cheese, half-pepperoni from a place called estes park.

well ok then.by what artifact of civil management is this literally the only pizza place in your area?

in most of the world that has access to pizza you could have other varieties as well, such as perhaps entirely pepperoni or maybe another thing on it with the pepperoni.

yes, toppings

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Syndic Thrass posted:

someone vouch me into a highsec incursion group

PM me or jabber me on #zulu or gf dot com if you dont want to publicly endorse/support me (super understandably)

I'll vouch you [if you spy for me :getin: ]

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I actually missed the start of this war cause it's easier to just not login to jabber than go turn off opt all broadcasts.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zephyrine posted:

No one has any roles except me and all cargo is under collateral but the queue still gives an idea about where people are going.

The 'PushXed' he's talking about was basically the Fountain 2013 AltCorp goons had for PushX. Disgruntled PushX director still had access to their hauling website, started feeding intel to MiniLuv. Next thing you know, PushX is dead.

Also G$, there's hardly any blue freighters in Jita at the moment. When everyone's trying to murder your coalition, literally everyone in the game is red.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i don't get the whole broadcast thing, like why does getting a message in a chat room cause this weird anguish

if you don't like what the message says then don't do the thing or click on the thing, it's not like it's robbing you of your soul

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Hey I did an interview for a video game show, watch me display my stunning lack of knowledge of Goonswarm and Eve in general!

https://www.twitch.tv/queuetimes/v/59846774

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

I realize you think you got some sick burn in here, but the ~true goon~ well has been tapped out for pretty much the last several years. And I don't think KF even has it's reddit req anymore.

I never posted on Reddit and got in. You still need an account I think but that would be all.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Glory of Arioch posted:

i don't get the whole broadcast thing, like why does getting a message in a chat room cause this weird anguish

if you don't like what the message says then don't do the thing or click on the thing, it's not like it's robbing you of your soul

i actually killed broadcasts completely on my pc because pidgin is a stupid piece of poo poo and the flashing was giving me odd framedrops in the video games

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

vyst posted:

What we're saying is you're a bitch though. So this experience you are having is that of a bitch and not a normal one the rest of us have.

And thats the exact sentiment that made me leave goonwaffe yesterday

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i actually killed broadcasts completely on my pc because pidgin is a stupid piece of poo poo and the flashing was giving me odd framedrops in the video games

yeah pidgin is pretty garbage

instantbird would be a good alternative but it is missing poo poo like tabs on the right, OTR, and i haven't bothered to modify the emote pack to output packs for it

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

I never would have guessed that goons would lose their space in the same way as ATLAS.

I hope the aftermath kicks the game into another resurgence, reading about all of this has made me want to resub.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
I think most of us evac'ed to saranen way before hand, this shouldn't be as humiliating as Atlas. :cringe: I hope

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vodkat posted:

you wont be missed

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

vodkat posted:

I only turn on jabber only when I feel like playing eve, if there is a ping i like, i go on it; if there isn't any ping until i don't want to play eve anymore, i close the application. easy, i don't see why there is an argument on the topic

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

you wont be missed

you wont be missed

-Fresh

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

vodkat posted:

:byewhore:

E: snideness aside, if you're not having fun with a group, leave. Noone will mourn your passing because if you weren't having fun, odds are you weren't fun to hang around either at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Altran posted:

I only turn on jabber only when I feel like playing eve, if there is a ping i like, i go on it; if there isn't any ping until i don't want to play eve anymore, i close the application. easy, i don't see why there is an argument on the topic

Right, there are serious problems in GSF and the pings are not one of those problems. More pressing issues are that we are rolling over without a fight, we can't win timers at all right now, we aren't making timers to contest, the plan for the future relies upon winning timers.

• Locked thread