Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

trump has not pulled out of nafta.
Sources are saying he's preparing the paperwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Five years is a long time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"White house contemplates doing thing" is not the same as "trump has done a thing" but yeah this is still being kicked around. If it happens it's going to suck for a lot of people but also be amazing to watch the enormous blowback as his base discovers just how stupid an idea this is.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Leperflesh posted:

"White house contemplates doing thing" is not the same as "trump has done a thing" but yeah this is still being kicked around. If it happens it's going to suck for a lot of people but also be amazing to watch the enormous blowback as his base discovers just how stupid an idea this is.

Yeah, no more NAFTA! Wait, why do tomatoes cost $7 a piece?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm sure Krugman will have a hell of a column about this

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
my president is a fat bloated orange dumb retard moron :buddy:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
You guys I'm starting to think that Trump may not be smart

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Also he can't unilaterally do it. Congress has to pass the withdrawal in a law, which on a state-by-state basis would be a really loving tough sell.

e. unless the treaty were breached in some way, allowing him to "follow the treaty" or whatever bullshit they'll come up with

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 26, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Also he can't unilaterally do it. Congress has to pass the withdrawal in a law, which on a state-by-state basis would be a really loving tough sell.

Bingo

The executive order can gently caress things up but he can't unilaterally end NAFTA.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It might also be the first of his campaign promises he actually keeps?

Yeah, Mexico is the #1 importer of like 30 states exports.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 26, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think he's got the pipeline going, right? He's signed executive orders permitting coal waste dumping into rivers, too. And um... oh hey looks like his latest order is an attack on national monument status for like 20 national monuments, cool.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I mean the constitution doesn't explicity grant the right to end a treaty, just execute it. Theoretically there is an argument that he could without the "consent of two thirds of the Senate" but it would probably wind up in court.

Soooooooooooo yeah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
My favorite Ross is Ross O'Donovan

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I mean the constitution doesn't explicity grant the right to end a treaty, just execute it. Theoretically there is an argument that he could without the "consent of two thirds of the Senate" but it would probably wind up in court.

Soooooooooooo yeah

Well there you go, he intends to execute the treaty, I'd hope for quickly and painlessly but given how well state-sponsored killings have gone so far this week, the omens are not good.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I'm glad in these trying times that Jill Stein voters have clear consciences.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

A ton of (stupid) people think these ESPN layoffs are due to their "Liberal Agenda" instead of cord cutting.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

A ton of (stupid) people think these ESPN layoffs are due to their "Liberal Agenda" instead of cord cutting.

Lol, danny Kanell is like the antithesis to "liberal agenda". I mean, he doesn't openly bash gays is like the most liberal thing about him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The best part of the ESPN purge thus far has been the end of Trent Dilfer. Good riddance you coattail-riding motherfucker

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
So this ESPN purge is supposed to whack about... 100 people? :stare:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

drat, it hit Jayson Stark too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shangri-Law School posted:

I'm glad in these trying times that Jill Stein voters have clear consciences.

"I stand by my protest vote," he quietly whispers to himself at the opening ceremony of the 2018 Hunger Games.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, ESPN is shedding a ton of people due to Disney slashing their budget due to cable cutters.

Turns out paying $1.5 billion per year for MNF isn't a good deal.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sean10mm posted:

And yet Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith remain...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It was cool and good when Jill Stein voters forced the Democrats to run a completely out of touch buffoon that couldn't beat a literal cartoon supervillain.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Congrats millennials, we did it

We killed espn

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Man, ESPN's ride has been crazy. First as a network that no one would thought would succeed because who would want to watch sports 24/7? Then there was ESPN2, then ESPNEWS, then ESPN Magazine, then Classic, then 3, then 360, and the ocho and so on. Now it's all crumbling down.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

And yet Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith remain...

Skip has been gone for a year

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes. Over in the stock trading thread we've discussed the situation occasionally. ESPN is seen as an anchor around Disney's neck right now, and Disney is aware of the problem and becoming increasingly aggressive in addressing it. ESPN is going to be slashing costs and making big changes to try to recover from their precipitous decline in viewership... and NFL football is one of the key areas where they need to do that.

Nov 6, 2002

Eli Wiggum posted:

The best part of the ESPN purge thus far has been the end of Trent Dilfer. Good riddance you coattail-riding motherfucker

The Dilf was fired?!!! This should be a national holiday!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

Skip has been gone for a year

I meant living :colbert:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Congrats millennials, we did it

We killed espn

Giving the NFL $15 billion for MNF was such a bad idea.

I also don't get why they put all their talking head shows up as free podcasts. I can still listen to Highly Questionable / PTI / ATH with less commercials then TV for free made dropping cable that much easier.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I actually like Max Kellerman

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Giving the NFL $15 billion for MNF was such a bad idea.

I also don't get why they put all their talking head shows up as free podcasts. I can still listen to Highly Questionable / PTI / ATH with less commercials then TV for free made dropping cable that much easier.

They also have the nba a way too expensive deal

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I mean they're not executing Danny Kannell and Trent Dilfer, although I'm willing to listen to the idea.

a neat cape posted:

I actually like Max Kellerman

Did they get rid of him too? I like him since he's a big old boxing nerd who probably watched those 6 hour shows with Bert Sugar just talking about old boxers regularly back when they were around.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It's cool how Stein voters' only argument is that they were completely irrelevant. They don't even have a token victory to point to.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I mean they're not executing Danny Kannell and Trent Dilfer, although I'm willing to listen to the idea.

It could be a special ESPN broadcast of JACKED UP

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Did they get rid of him too? I like him since he's a big old boxing nerd who probably watched those 6 hour shows with Bert Sugar just talking about old boxers regularly back when they were around.

Max is safe I think.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Jill Stein and Gary Johnson were both stunningly dumb for presidential candidates

Nov 6, 2002

As opposed to the mainstream candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

3rd parties attract only literal crazy people because anyone who wants to succeed would be in one of the dominant parties

There's a name for this theory but I can't think of it

• Locked thread