Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

Tired Moritz posted:

I have Veronica too so idk.

Same here, I see Veronica on the Google Play app icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Space Crabs posted:

It's pretty obvious lucina is going to win the whole thing right?

Yeah it looks like most of the losing people just joined team Lucina to guarantee 1k feathers for themselves. She has as many votes so far this round as she got in total last round, so clearly a lot of people have hopped on.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
Ephraim keeps shouting at me to give him more but apparently repeated 3x Ephraim teams aren't enough for him/them. Keep up the good fight, Chromites! Make us Ephraims work for it!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I just wanted Eirika to win something for once. Rip her chances.

She did, she won against Elise.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

mistaya posted:

drat, Eirika has more votes than both boys and she's getting lapped. :stare:

She is putting up a better fight then Lucina's previous victim.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

On the downside, Nino #2 is 3*, and is gonna take a few weeks to bring up to speed.

On the upside? She's +SPD/-DEF. :getin:

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm not sure which is more disappointing, the inherent lameness of this voting gauntlet itself, or the fact that this stupid thing was what the grayed out mystery mode on the world map was meant for.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Scoss posted:

I'm not sure which is more disappointing, the inherent lameness of this voting gauntlet itself, or the fact that this stupid thing was what the grayed out mystery mode on the world map was meant for.

The most disappointing thing is that we're not getting free lucinas for cheering her to victory. We're just getting more feathers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone got that comic of Roy vs. Hector?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm amazed how quickly the hysterics regarding feathers and stamina reversed.

There were a couple textual things on the wording of flags that made it seem like next month's event won't be identical to this one's. Maybe that game mode is just a generic "brawl of the month" or something.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Anyone got that comic of Roy vs. Hector?

The Weapon Triangle is a harsh mistress.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

A shameful Roy, only doing 23x2 to a green unit.

EDIT: So here's a question about the weapon triangle skill, actually. If, say, you have someone like Robin who gains advantage against colorless dudes. Would weapon triangle still apply to that?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 10, 2017

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Nuebot posted:

It's Hector, though, the highest-Defense green unit in the game (so far).

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

What's the point of this mode, exactly?

I don't actually have any of these heroes, including Klein

Elyv fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 10, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AweStriker posted:

It's Hector, though, the highest-Defense green unit in the game (so far).

At max level, Roy would easily ORKO Hector, with plenty of room to spare. The battle forecast is presumably from a lower level battle where Roy's gotten unlucky.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: So here's a question about the weapon triangle skill, actually. If, say, you have someone like Robin who gains advantage against colorless dudes. Would weapon triangle still apply to that?
Yep. From reddit: https://m.imgur.com/a/FGsgn

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh boy! The Ursula map!

Oh boy! It's just another gently caress-off annoying chokepoint.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This one can't just be tanked with Tiki

I suspect only hector can truly tank it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My team might not be able to handle this map

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

This one can't just be tanked with Tiki

I suspect only hector can truly tank it

Effie was doing a pretty good job but then the axe knight decided to stop by

I think I might have to, gasp, run a healer

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I got the 3 star Ursula no problem, but I have no idea yet how I'm going to tackle the lunatic version

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Eh, it's not as bad this time around. There's a square near you only Ursula can target on turn 1, so you can counter kill her without getting mauled. Then you can send in the cavalry or fliers to mop up

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Gonna wait for pics and tips. :)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wooooooooooow, i just burned 60 fuckin orbs and they were all 3* barst what the gently caress

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

wooooooooooow, i just burned 60 fuckin orbs and they were all 3* barst what the gently caress

I went through like 30 orbs without even getting an opportunity to get a blue or green unit

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Elyv posted:

Effie was doing a pretty good job but then the axe knight decided to stop by

I think I might have to, gasp, run a healer

I did the 4* one with Hector/RobinM/Subaki/Roy. Roy was there just for Shove. Subaki Swapped Hector around and tanked a hit from Ursula. Hector did most of the heavy lifting, but Robin dismantled the Cavalier, helped to bait in Ursula and did some major damage to both her and the Knight, especially important since Hector can't ORKO Ursula.

U-DO Burger posted:

Eh, it's not as bad this time around. There's a square near you only Ursula can target on turn 1, so you can counter kill her without getting mauled. Then you can send in the cavalry or fliers to mop up

The Ninja will be able to target you through that square, actually. They both have Poison Daggers, so anyone not named Hector will be taking quite a bit of damage - RobinM does better, but he can't ORKO them in retaliation without a boost of some sort, and then the Cavalier will Draw the Ninja Back.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Eeeeeeey, got not one but two 5* Ninos to go with my 5* Eirika and soon-to-be-5* Sharena. A good day!Even though I wanted Effie.

Holy crap, one is +atk/-def!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Reset Smith posted:

I got the 3 star Ursula no problem, but I have no idea yet how I'm going to tackle the lunatic version

I mean, her skills are garbo so unless she has stupid high base attack it's not worth saving 2k feathers. Especially with the tournament feathers.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Eirika + Nino worked for me. You might need a healer with that combo though.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
If anyone wants a basic structure for Lunatic challenge map, here's how I finally did it:

Team of 5* L40 Lucina, 5* L40 MRobin, 4* L40 FRobin, 5* L36 Elise
FRobin moves to square where only boss can hit. MRobin moves next to FRobin in order to be hit by bottom thief. Lucy moves next to MRobin to give him an attack boost (mightn't matter, but wasn't chancing). Elise moves to very top left corner.
Enemy moves up. Boss kills self v FRobin given cavalry and weapon type+colour. Bottom thief takes half health v MRobin and is pulled back by Red Cav. Green Tank moves up slowly as does Thief2.
Turn 2: FRobin's job is done, move out of way of everything. MRobin baits bottom thief into killing itself on him. Lucy moves to make room for retreating FRob (also moves up a bit). Elise holds.
Enemy bottom thief dies v MRobin. Other thief moves to their top corner and hits and almost kills Elise but doesn't AND gets gravity'd so can't move next turn. THIS IS IMPORTANT, AS THIS TAKES THE THIEF ENTIRELY OUT OF ACTION FOR THIS TURN AND THE NEXT. Green tank moves down again, and Red Cav breaks a bottom wall segments.
Turn 3: Elise pulls out of corner and heals either Lucy from chip damage done by AoE or MRob. FRob moves one space under corner, where she'll sit for remainder. MRob blasts the cavalry for most of it's health, then Lucy finishes it off.
Thief starts to move towards chokepoint but too slow and too late. Green tank attacks Lucy for a lot but takes a lot in return.
Turn 4: Finish off tank with whoever, pref MRob, get everyone out of range of thief and heal with Elise. Have MRob and Lucy be just outside thief's range.
Enemy thief moves down at normal movement and into range.
Turn 5: Gank thief with Lucy and MRob.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ApplesandOranges posted:

The Ninja will be able to target you through that square, actually. They both have Poison Daggers, so anyone not named Hector will be taking quite a bit of damage - RobinM does better, but he can't ORKO them in retaliation without a boost of some sort, and then the Cavalier will Draw the Ninja Back.
Nah there's a square just outside of the ninjas reach where you can in fact bait Ursula t1. You need some heavy hitting green or archer with buffs to kill her. I used my +atk Klein with an ATK buff from Olivia to do that. Then sent Robin in the SW corner where he stayed the whole time.

After that it took me like five tries to find the correct reshuffling pattern on the left to get everyone to survive. Found the trick was to use Klein to kill the top ninja through the wall.

Fun map, probably pretty strict on requirements.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

I did the 4* one with Hector/RobinM/Subaki/Roy. Roy was there just for Shove. Subaki Swapped Hector around and tanked a hit from Ursula. Hector did most of the heavy lifting, but Robin dismantled the Cavalier, helped to bait in Ursula and did some major damage to both her and the Knight, especially important since Hector can't ORKO Ursula.

My +Atk Hector with an Atk buff OHKO'd Ursula. Frankly, he can take on the entire enemy team by himself with just a healer. Her counter-kills both ninja and Ursula, and still has enough HP to survive a hit from the horseman. He would eventually die to the axe guy, but that's what the healer is for.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Mar 10, 2017

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
3* FRobin can deal with the Lunatic Ursula by herself. I used her on my clear by placing her in that one spot that only Ursula can reach. Next turn, I pulled her back to the safe spot by the wall and stuck Cordelia with +atk from Sharena in the choke. Enemy phase, red cavalier suicided himself and both thieves poked at Cordelia. Player phase, Cordelia kills both thieves because they charged Galeforce for her and YTiki moved into the choke to deal with the armor. Definitely took some planning and number crunching to make sure it would work.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I just wish we could actually USE the map and not the tiny little corner in the top-left. Chokepoints are never fun.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Beat it with 4* Nino, 3* Olivia, 4* Camilla, 5* Sharena.

Turn 1. Baited Ursula with Camilla.
Turn 2. Killed the Axe with Nino and Olivia's Dance. Sent Camilla to kill the top Dagger.
Turn 3. Moved Camilla out of range of the bottom Dagger. Used Sharena and Nino to kill Ursula, then Olivia's Dance to pull Nino back.
Turn 4. A little hazy on this part, but Sharena killed the Sword and I want to say I pulled her back to bait the bottom Dagger.
Turn 5. Killed bottom Dagger.

Took me a few tries to get it right.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

On turn 1 the square above the left weak wall can be reached by Ursula, but not the ninjas.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That guy had my exact plan! Speaking of robinM though, what about Cecilia? She any good?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Speaking of robinM though, what about Cecilia? She any good?

No. She's not tanky enough to trade well with archers, and her speed is really low. Green is also a bad color against sword lords, which is the other half of the reason MRobin is usable.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Clarste posted:

No. She's not tanky enough to trade well with archers, and her speed is really low. Green is also a bad color against sword lords, which is the other half of the reason MRobin is usable.

I thought so, but hoped there was some secret that made her good.

Oh well, now to grind up as many orbs as I can scrounge together from the remaining story missions and pray I roll a 5* nino.

EDIT: This map's starting position is the worst. All my tanky dudes start in back and my fragile ranged units just get instantly gibbed by the ninja.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Mar 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Assuming you're talking about the Ursula bonus map, the fact that your tanky guys start in the back shouldn't matter at all because you have all the time in the world to reposition as long as you stay out of their range.