Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Guest2553 posted:

Oh well as long as it's reality might as well suck it up since that's the way it's gotta be and there's no way to change it. Thanks for trying to educate an ignunt niggruh like myself, massa.

You change it by either overthrowing it or becoming part of the system. The overthrowing part usually doesn't work, but the change from the inside is definitely something that happens. Case in point how lady business attire retailers are going out of business because women aren't expected to spend a fortune on dry-clean-only work clothes. That didn't happen until women starting influencing corporate policy.

There are probably other more important examples, but gently caress if I'm going to cite poo poo on a Saturday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I present a funny gif for us to all laugh at lightheartedly.

https://gfycat.com/VengefulBriefAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I get that, but you're putting a lot more nuance than idiot over there approaching it from the side of 'it doesn't affect me to it's not a problem, gently caress you for being born not white or wealthy, i got mine'. As if being aware that he's benefiting from a hosed up system and not caring is something to be proud of.

With a side of disparaging sexual minorities :ironicat:

BWM is a lot funnier when it's not exploitative, there's a difference between people who spend all their discretionary income on horse psychics and people who have been systemically subject to redlining and pogroms to destroy preemptively destroy any ability to acquire economic and political capital. Saying stupid inflammatory poo poo and hiding behind 'b-b-but no politics :smug:' rule is some trick-rear end bullshit.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 8, 2017

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Lowness 72 posted:

Thanks for trying to put the thread back on track.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Krispy Wafer posted:

Case in point how lady business attire retailers are going out of business because women aren't expected to spend a fortune on dry-clean-only work clothes. That didn't happen until women starting influencing corporate policy.

Is this your own observation or have you read anything good on the subject? It sounds interesting.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

can we go back to posting about people buying horses, and investing all their retirements in MLMs and stop getting into racial slap fights?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
[quote="“therobit”" post="“477163738”"]
Is this your own observation or have you read anything good on the subject? It sounds interesting.
[/quote]

It's a real thing and affecting retailers like J. Crew, Banana Republic, and Macy's. The Limited just went out of business partly because of it.

The part about women in management influencing dress codes is just an observation. Like how colleges finally started taking campus sexual assault seriously only after women constituted 51% of the study body. It makes sense that marginalized groups would start getting a say in stuff once enough of them get past the institutional gatekeepers.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

epenthesis posted:

Every single thing he says is deliberately designed to piss somebody off, and one response leads to another, and suddenly there's a pointless argument in the thread instead of content. You can't prevent everybody from taking the bait.

It would probably be better at this point to probate people just for responding to him.
Or maybe it is because you are a delicate little snowflake who is very easily offended?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

baquerd posted:

Could, but no, don't care. If SA wants to swing hard left, it (oh wait, is that the right pronoun?) can do it without me.

John Smith posted:

Or maybe it is because you are a delicate little snowflake who is very easily offended?

Jesus christ. Can we not?

Move on to something else and off of this line of conversation.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Moneyball posted:

Jesus christ. Can we not?

Move on to something else and off of this line of conversation.
I had made a comment that literally has nothing whatsoever to do with being far-right, and everything to do with being BWM for car leases. I think that in this specific case, it is only fair that you probate epenthesis if anyone.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

This is a better way to put my previous post.

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

Toucans are the Prometheus guys in disguise? Ridley Scott you son of a bitch..

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

FateFree posted:

Toucans are the Prometheus guys in disguise? Ridley Scott you son of a bitch..

Oh God don't get an SA thread onto Prometheus, it'll be an even worse derail.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Fil5000 posted:

Oh God don't get an SA thread onto Prometheus, it'll be an even worse derail.

Extrasolar expeditions: BWM, BWL. On the other hand, the only things worth spending money on are experiences, not stuff! Gotta travel as much as possible!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

SpelledBackwards posted:

Extrasolar expeditions: BWM, BWL. On the other hand, the only things worth spending money on are experiences, not stuff! Gotta travel as much as possible!

Developing near human androids: GWM. Being clubbed to death with the head of one of those androids, BWL.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Lowness 72 posted:

Who put a camera in my kitchen??

Just joking, my kitchen isn't nearly that big or nice.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Working is BWM, indeed.

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

Why idiot learns that running a country costs money.

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/752zlb/single_30_taxes_are_killing_me_i_use_two/

quote:

Single. 30. Taxes are killing me. I use two exemptions on taxes...

Example of last check: Gross: 3601.51 Total taxes: 1024.41 That's near 30% WHY??? What am I doing wrong here? Fed tax 582.41 Medicare 51.69 SS tax 221.05 State tax 169.26
How do I get this more reasonable? I bust my rear end and my check gets sacked for $1000. Wow. I thought America stood for something.
--------
if 99% was normal would you still be so nonchalant? Where do you draw the line?
--------
I accept the fact that if I resist taxes I will be put in a cage and I don't want to spend time in a cage. That's the only fact I accept at this point. How do I bring this down?
--------
To think that a revolution was fought over so much less... King George III: Tax on tea, tax on paper, tax on sugar, tax on some imports= revolution. USA now: income tax, sales tax, employment tax, property tax, inhertiance tax, import tax, export tax, gas tax, cigarttes/alcohol, capital gains tax, medicare/social security tax, excise taxes....

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

He's learning this all now at 30?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You know what is great about taxes?

No matter the tax rate, you can always find a reason to bitch about it.

Which is what sparked the eventual formation of America and creation of freedom: bitching about something.

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
No, there's a hefty in' fee.
And if you don't throw in your (thousands of) buck 'o five(s)
Who will?

Solution: make less money

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

That "put in a cage" thing sounds like Sovcit/Freeman on the land parlance, this guy knows exactly what he's doing. Or at least he thinks he does.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Looked at his post history, found the usage of the term "lefty snowflake"

i am shocked, who would have thought that people who regularly use such diction are reality-denying idiots?

shocked i tell you

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

"BWM: To think that a revolution was fought over so much less"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
My mom came over from korea w/ x millions in cash to buy a home in the sf bay area
Me and my sister successfully convinced her out of it by just literally telling her every time we met "THIS IS A loving STUPID IDEA BUY A REIT FUND JESUS"

She bought a house
in korea

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Is that GWM or B?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Moneyball posted:

Is that GWM or B?

depends if it was N or S

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
detached house in seoul is basically the only real estate investment more idiotic than a detached house in palo alto, which she was looking at

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Is the neighbourhood DPRK artillery adjacent, at lease?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bob dobbs is dead posted:

My mom came over from korea w/ x millions in cash to buy a home in the sf bay area
Me and my sister successfully convinced her out of it by just literally telling her every time we met "THIS IS A loving STUPID IDEA BUY A REIT FUND JESUS"

She bought a house
in korea

I was certain you were going to say Vancouver.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

FrozenVent posted:

Is the neighbourhood DPRK artillery adjacent, at lease?

south of the river, so they would get about 2 hours notice of any shenanigans wrt artillery
but a great target for nork icbm

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

south of the river, so they would get about 2 hours notice of any shenanigans wrt artillery
but a great target for nork icbm

It would seem BWM to waste ICBM tech on a delivery within the same peninsula. Use a short range missile and save dat money.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's like they stopped listening before the teacher got to the "without representation" part of the slogan.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
IRBM are what you're thinking of, and incidentally what North Korea (most likely) has.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Ask/Tell > Business, Finance, and Careers > Bad With Money: Wow. I thought America stood for something.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

paragon1 posted:

It's like they stopped listening before the teacher got to the "without representation" part of the slogan.

I am certain that if we traveled back in time we would find plenty of people certain they were creating their libertarian Utopia in the Americas, the modern Tea Party is not special.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

For all the right bangs on about supporting job creators they seem to be pretty opposed to funding the largest employer in most countries.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

howdoesishotweb posted:

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
No, there's a hefty in' fee.
And if you don't throw in your (thousands of) buck 'o five(s)
Who will?

Solution: make less money

"Decrease income - if you make less money, you owe less tax!" Thanks. I am crying now. This really is the world we live in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

"Decrease income - if you make less money, you owe less tax!" Thanks. I am crying now. This really is the world we live in

You want to be careful not to move into that next tax bracket :p