Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean this season being a bad team doesn’t really effect whether you can win or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Davis has to hang onto that first one

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

That's only true because all but 3 teams in the NFL are bad this year.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Singletary saw the kamara and mccaffrey rumors

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

McKenzie man

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t care if it was a fluke, beating this Bills team was real :cool:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
About to turn this off.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Josh Allen and Jordan Phillips are friends again :unsmith:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
After decompressing for a few hours, working out, etc., my takeaways from today are: (1) Zach Wilson sucks and needs to get better fast, (2) the defense is real good and is going to keep them in every non-Bills game on their schedule, and (3) the Jets are still 5-3, in the middle of the playoff hunt, and have another shot at New England in a couple of weeks, I'm not going to let myself be all doom and gloom. *shrug*

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Reasonable jets fans are no fun can't you all just rapidly oscillate between they'll beat anyone and they'll pick first like mcmagic

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

About to turn this off.

I could watch Rodgers eat poo poo all day.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There were about 5-6 plays where Wilson could've run for like 20 yards and he made bad throws. He just doesn't seen the field well.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

There were about 5-6 plays where Wilson could've run for like 20 yards and he made bad throws. He just doesn't seen the field well.

Yeah, 100%. He was really bad today! Which is crazy because the first 1.75 quarters were some of the best football he's played.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Just watched the highlights from the quarters I didn’t see.

Tua had one underthrow of Hill that would have been an easy TD with Mahomes. He also did make the one really bad deep throw way too late but the Lions are terrible so Tyreek just went up and got it with no one around him still somehow.

Outside of that though? Wow. Made some great throws on the run, great pocket movement and some A++ touch throws.

Best game of his career AND he got hosed on a TD because Sherfield definitely broke the plane.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah, 100%. He was really bad today! Which is crazy because the first 1.75 quarters were some of the best football he's played.

If he doesn't throw that heinous first pick on a easy ball to a RB 3 yards ahead of him the Jets likely go into the half 13-3 or 17-3 and win the game too. That was the second most important play of the game after the 10 Ref swing for the Patriots.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It is really weird how Wilson never just runs with the ball this year. He has great opportunities to do it every game but he always tries to force a throw instead. Gotta be the coaches telling him to do that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TheBizzness posted:

Just watched the highlights from the quarters I didn’t see.

Tua had one underthrow of Hill that would have been an easy TD with Mahomes. He also did make the one really bad deep throw way too late but the Lions are terrible so Tyreek just went up and got it with no one around him still somehow.

Outside of that though? Wow. Made some great throws on the run, great pocket movement and some A++ touch throws.

Best game of his career AND he got hosed on a TD because Sherfield definitely broke the plane.

He got a lot of poo poo for that underthrow, but he had a free rusher right in his face and had to throw it early without being able to really set his feet properly.

https://twitter.com/pointsbetusa/status/1586773024488902656?s=46&t=5Agbj7cmNTds7fMtxKcL2w

But yeah, overall it was a badass day for Tua!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
All I want for Christmas (okay, in the post season) is Lamar.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The true test of the Dolphins season is if Tua can still throw those darts on the run in places like New England and Green Bay in the cold.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

your king: Welll sure he underthrew it but a guy was right in his face and he couldn't set his feet and the other team didn't have heat exhaustion and mercury was in the seventh house
t a s t e's king: 50 yard dime with a guy close enough to give him covid

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Phobeste posted:

your king: Welll sure he underthrew it but a guy was right in his face and he couldn't set his feet and the other team didn't have heat exhaustion and mercury was in the seventh house
t a s t e's king: 50 yard dime with a guy close enough to give him covid

Let’s be real 17 is all the East’s king right now

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LightReaper posted:

Let’s be real 17 is all the East’s king right now

ryan tannehill?

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Ehud posted:

ryan tannehill?

I meant king of the hill not over the hill

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I won’t bend the knee until he can defeat the Dolphins during the 2022 season.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Jaire Alexander is rethinking this talking poo poo to Stefon Diggs approach.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I dare Josh Allen to defeat the Dolphins while playing inside of a volcano.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TheBizzness posted:

I won’t bend the knee until he can defeat the Dolphins during the 2022 season.

^^^

it’s a “what have you done for me lately?” league

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
It hasn’t mattered, but tremaine Edmunds has had a RB dead to rights twice, and failed to wrap up or whiffed and given up the first down. Would be backbreaking kind of plays in a close game. But. Welp.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Raiders can get out of the Derek Carr deal with minimal dead money after this season. That could be a real option as well.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Carr to the Jets would be a good move but it'd have DOOMED vibes all over it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Josh playing like he checked out at halftime

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Yeah it would be good from so many aspects but the vibes would just be so immediately and awfully off

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

t a s t e posted:

Josh playing like he checked out at halftime

He’s completing 50% with 2 loosey goosey INTs and it still feels like he’s playing great.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

The Raiders can get out of the Derek Carr deal with minimal dead money after this season. That could be a real option as well.

There's a reason why Carr has never done anything. You don't want him lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Metapod posted:

There's a reason why Carr has never done anything. You don't want him lol

Do I want him for 5 years? No. Do I want him as an option for next year? 100% yes.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Guess Allen was due for one of THOSE games

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

Guess Allen was due for one of THOSE games

Joining the esteemed ranks of AFCE QBs to average 8.7 YPA and throw multiple INTs on October 30, 2022

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

They low key played like poo poo for half the game but whatever, big dubs

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

packers are a good team to play like poo poo against

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Won by 10 and I'm disappointed there weren't more style points. I've become what I hate.