Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

RareAcumen posted:

So who do you guys think is gonna be the big reveal in the new Spider-Man game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sn5x1aLrUY&t=409s

Personally my top three most hopefuls are

1. Spider-Gwen.
2. Hulk
3. Deadpool

I mean, there's always the possibility that it's another villain and loving Sandman jumps out of the plane.

Majima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neo Rasa posted:

Speaking of Vanillaware and the PSP though, it is kind of crazy that not only did we not get Grand Knights History but that it was never re-released on anything else.

There's a translation patch for it these days at least.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Everybody is forgetting Dragon Quest XI and that’s literally a crime

My taste is eclectic as all gently caress so there's probably like ten other things I'm excited about that I forgot too. I will literally never run out of games to play, it's loving sick.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

I didn't forget, I just find mainline DQ games boring

Cursed opinion

Thank you Fix.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Apparently if you preorder Div Original Sin 2 on PSN you can play it now, up to the end of the first chapter : devs say that is up to 30 hours of play. Anyone here doing that? I wanna know how the port is.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m glad Spider-Man and RDR2 are coming out within two months of each other because it means I’ll have had my fill of AAA fast-paced acrobatic intense gaming and be ready for the more atmospheric, slow-paced style of RDR.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Seedge posted:

Apparently if you preorder Div Original Sin 2 on PSN you can play it now, up to the end of the first chapter : devs say that is up to 30 hours of play. Anyone here doing that? I wanna know how the port is.

gently caress, i forgot that and Pillars of Eternity 2 are both coming out on PS4 soon, on top of the other million things coming out.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I already have Kiwami 2 and Shenmue 1/2 pre-ordered and I'll probably add Smash, TWEWY and RDR2 to that list

I'm so glad that I have Best Buy GCU through June of next year

edit: The PS4 is my first Sony console and it's rapidly becoming my favorite, but I still give the sentimental edge to the Dreamcast

curried lamb of God fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 9, 2018

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I tried Googling and couldn't find an answer: Are PS Vue accounts linked to PSN accounts? If I had a Vue subscription, but never used it on my own PS4, could my housemate sign into my Vue account on his PS4 while still logged in under his PSN account?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Dick Jones posted:

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I tried Googling and couldn't find an answer: Are PS Vue accounts linked to PSN accounts? If I had a Vue subscription, but never used it on my own PS4, could my housemate sign into my Vue account on his PS4 while still logged in under his PSN account?

Yeah I think you can share with up to like 4-5 people at once streaming

Even though PS is in the name i don’t think it’s relegated to that or any specific PSN account

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
PS4 slim and pro are by far the best looking of the Playstations.

PS3 Fat and Superslim are ugliest, PS2 fat third ugliest. But at least the PS2 had a flat top so I could rest games on top of them, unlike any PS3.

PS2 slim was actually nice because it was so thin that most of the ugly ribbing was gone.

PS1 well, at least it was symmetrical and clean but it felt the cheapest.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Also, I'd might as well ask here: are OLEDs fine for gaming or is burn-in a real issue? I'm going to buy a TV around the time of Black Friday and the LG C8 is my top choice, but I'll go for an X900F if it's a better choice. I don't really watch much TV besides sports, so I'd use it 90% of the time with my PS4 Pro and Switch

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
So after playing Just Cause 3 for awhile I'll just say this:

The game is definitely good but it's nowhere near as good or fun as JC2. It feels like they really lost sight of what made that game a true masterpiece. It's not like I wanted the same game but they changed way too much, almost always for the worse. I did many replays of 2 but can't see myself ever replaying 3 after I'm done.

Fight me.

This makes me extremely apprehensive about Just Cause 4; I think there's true potential for them to completely ruin the franchise if they keep moving things in the same direction.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Samuringa posted:

God of War: They're setting up a lot of stuff in these first bits. I'm guessing the man who attacked Kratos was Loki, given the frost attacks and generally being a cocky jerk and the the interesting part wasn't just Atreus being Kratos' son but also "Faye", which might be a nordic deity I am not aware of(A nickname for Freiyja?). Kratos also wields the Axe but didn't know it was crafted by Brok and his brother? Interesting.

Overall it's being a good experience, and quite more challenging than what I expect from a God of War game. The BR Dub is also fantastic, and in the opening they credit them instead of the original voice actors which is a fantastic little detail.

:3:

Please update us as you play through the game

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm skipping both RDR and Spider-Man for now. My interest in open world games is very limited, and I'm tired of the formula and Rockstar's writing for that matter. And I have a massive backlog anyway...

Anyway, I own all of Sony's console and have enjoyed them all. The lack of character action games on the PS4 is a crime though. Thankfully, God of War and later DMCV rectify that to some extent.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Renoistic posted:

I'm skipping both RDR and Spider-Man for now. My interest in open world games is very limited, and I'm tired of the formula and Rockstar's writing for that matter. And I have a massive backlog anyway...

Anyway, I own all of Sony's console and have enjoyed them all. The lack of character action games on the PS4 is a crime though. Thankfully, God of War and later DMCV rectify that to some extent.

Yeah I'm working on my massive backlog right now. Getting closer to done with Horizon's main quest. Hopefully I can knock a few more games out before Red Dead drops. I probably won't get Spiderman right away, if at all.

Is anyone else getting We Happy Few? I pre-ordered it because Best Buy had some price glitch on it a while ago so I'm getting it for like $35, but it's getting less than stellar reviews...

Jackson Polack
Feb 13, 2018

DrNutt posted:

Gonna be some hard choices for me this fall, my budget and schedule isn't going to allow a ton of games and there's just off the top of my head: Spiderman, Yakuza Kiwami 2, RDR2, AssCreed Odyssey, all of which are massive loving games.

Ill probably hold off on Odyssey as AssCreed games are always the worst in terms of how they perform day 1, but all of these plus Hitman 2, D:OS2, Spyro, NBA2k19 and then I dumbly bought Watch Dogs 2 for 17 bucks in the aussie winter sale along with resubbing to PS+ to redownload Mafia 3. I have a 500gb solid state hdd which I honestly might have to upgrade to 2tb cause I hate juggling hdd space.

I uninstalled Arkham Knight from my backlog to clear space and also cause Im saved at some tank battle that is the least tolerable thing ive played in a game for a long while. Im caught in a Naval battle in AssCreeds Origins on my way to Ceasar in the story and that might end up giving it the boot too cause the game world isnt really novel anymore and the missions just arent challenging at all.

People always talk about nostalgia for the older generations but my parents had to be pretty tight with money and and didnt really understand or like video games so it was pretty challenging to get more than one game a year, maybe two games if I was extremely lucky. I basically relied on borrowing games from friends and demo discs, or dipping a few generations back with emulators. I played the demo level of one of the Spyro games so many times over and over as a kid without ever getting a chance to play the full game and thats something I wanted so much that I honestly might have an emotional episode playing the remastered trilogy. I understand people feeling the pinch in their wallet and laughing at Day 1 purchases and preorders but its always a little "gently caress yes. i made it." moment whenever I throw down the money on a game i want to play right away.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Jackson Polack posted:

Ill probably hold off on Odyssey as AssCreed games are always the worst in terms of how they perform day 1, but all of these plus Hitman 2, D:OS2, Spyro, NBA2k19 and then I dumbly bought Watch Dogs 2 for 17 bucks in the aussie winter sale along with resubbing to PS+ to redownload Mafia 3. I have a 500gb solid state hdd which I honestly might have to upgrade to 2tb cause I hate juggling hdd space.

I uninstalled Arkham Knight from my backlog to clear space and also cause Im saved at some tank battle that is the least tolerable thing ive played in a game for a long while. Im caught in a Naval battle in AssCreeds Origins on my way to Ceasar in the story and that might end up giving it the boot too cause the game world isnt really novel anymore and the missions just arent challenging at all.

People always talk about nostalgia for the older generations but my parents had to be pretty tight with money and and didnt really understand or like video games so it was pretty challenging to get more than one game a year, maybe two games if I was extremely lucky. I basically relied on borrowing games from friends and demo discs, or dipping a few generations back with emulators. I played the demo level of one of the Spyro games so many times over and over as a kid without ever getting a chance to play the full game and thats something I wanted so much that I honestly might have an emotional episode playing the remastered trilogy. I understand people feeling the pinch in their wallet and laughing at Day 1 purchases and preorders but its always a little "gently caress yes. i made it." moment whenever I throw down the money on a game i want to play right away.

Same but when I get a new pocket racer part in yak0

Jackson Polack
Feb 13, 2018
The pocket race cutscenes are truly truly iconic

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yakuza 0 just made my body hurt from laughing at the goofiest joke I’ve ever read in a video game. The substory involves working with none other than the director of the worldwide smash hit movie Indian Jeans.

I can’t believe they did this. It’s too perfect. The entire producer story is beautiful in every way.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's something absolutely weird about the model said director gets. I don't know it it's intentional or not but he just has this constant super intense but also dead eyed stare and it just adds to everything already in that scene.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

HGH posted:

There's something absolutely weird about the model said director gets. I don't know it it's intentional or not but he just has this constant super intense but also dead eyed stare and it just adds to everything already in that scene.

That whole substory had very odd things graphically, there was no attempt at lip syncing either, the mouths just moved up and down.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's all sub stories

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

FAUXTON posted:

:3:

Please update us as you play through the game

I reached Alfheim and the way both the Dwarves and Kratos talked about Faye I retract my guess that she was Freyja, but as they keep mentioning "warrior" and one that specifically knew the dangers that they would face on their journey and prepared both accordingly, I'm taking a wild guess that she was a Valkyrie. Also, Atreus has been mentioning being sick far too much for it to not be relevant, and I'll take another wild guess that it has to do with two deities from different pantheons procreating and the physical body not being able to withstand the dissonance.

Stray Thoughts:

Jormungandr helped us on our journey, and as one of the catalysts of the Ragnarok I guess there's going to be a lot of godkilling in this one.

The portal to Jotunheimen was closed, meaning something notable happened to the Ice Giants. The simple answer would be that the pantheon genocided them, but as every single race has been at arms against each other I'm guessing that they closed their borders to prepare an assault on Asgard or Midgard.

Atreus reading the runes are going to be a plot point at some instance of the game, but I can't quite remember if there was a Nordic God dedicated to deciphering or compiling knowledge. He also couldn't understand what Jormungandr said but he felt his intentions, so it' goes deep.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Samuringa posted:

I reached Alfheim and the way both the Dwarves and Kratos talked about Faye I retract my guess that she was Freyja, but as they keep mentioning "warrior" and one that specifically knew the dangers that they would face on their journey and prepared both accordingly, I'm taking a wild guess that she was a Valkyrie. Also, Atreus has been mentioning being sick far too much for it to not be relevant, and I'll take another wild guess that it has to do with two deities from different pantheons procreating and the physical body not being able to withstand the dissonance.

Stray Thoughts:

Jormungandr helped us on our journey, and as one of the catalysts of the Ragnarok I guess there's going to be a lot of godkilling in this one.

The portal to Jotunheimen was closed, meaning something notable happened to the Ice Giants. The simple answer would be that the pantheon genocided them, but as every single race has been at arms against each other I'm guessing that they closed their borders to prepare an assault on Asgard or Midgard.

Atreus reading the runes are going to be a plot point at some instance of the game, but I can't quite remember if there was a Nordic God dedicated to deciphering or compiling knowledge. He also couldn't understand what Jormungandr said but he felt his intentions, so it' goes deep.

Did you ever get the name of the guy who attacked kratos in front of his house?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

gently caress I cannot wait to replay God of War

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

FAUXTON posted:

Did you ever get the name of the guy who attacked kratos in front of his house?

one thing that sort of annoys me about that is the game gives you his name during that encounter if you have the subtitles on, but kratos finding out is more interesting if you dont have them on to find out that way imo.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I am going to play RDR2 for a million hours

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What next gen consoles will be like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3foliIWsdZA

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

el oso posted:

I am going to play RDR2 for a million hours

The crazy thing about RDR is that I only played it through once more than 5 years ago but so much of it left a lasting impression on me. That said, I do not want a side mission in 2 where I gallop all over God's creation picking flowers.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rabidsquid posted:

one thing that sort of annoys me about that is the game gives you his name during that encounter if you have the subtitles on, but kratos finding out is more interesting if you dont have them on to find out that way imo.

Ahh, okay. I hadn't turned any subtitles on when I played through so I was thrown off by the reference to Loki at that point. Loki is a major character in the game for sure.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

One thing about RDR I remember is it was released in a May 2010 sandwich between Alan Wake and Alpha Protocol, all good games. Was the shortest timeframe for me playing new releases back to back. This fall may give it a run for it's money we'll see.

Mr. Podunkian
Feb 28, 2005

welcome to murder city, i'm the mayor

Seedge posted:

I dunno how the game works natively on the PS4, but for what it's worth, I'm playing DOS2 on PC with a controller and the gamepad controls are fantastic. They're a bit like the Wasteland 2 port in that you have direct control over your party outside of combat, but blows WL2 out of the water in that it's clear the gamepad controls weren't tacked onto a game clearly built for KB+M controls (WL2 had some extreme jank at times due to it simultaneously being a Unity Engine game, which generally feel kinda sluggish on the PS4, and also gamepad support being added after the fact for the director's cut)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Something I really enjoyed about God of War was I, like many American children, had a bunch of bullshit busy work around greek mythology growing up, on top of my being a big Harry potter-like dweeb, so i knew all the locales and characters and monsters beforehand.

I know next to nothing about Norse mythology so I finally got experience this immersive fantasy culture without having any ideas about who was supposed to be good or bad.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Is anyone else getting We Happy Few? I pre-ordered it because Best Buy had some price glitch on it a while ago so I'm getting it for like $35, but it's getting less than stellar reviews...

What made you do that, just it being a mistake?
It looks woeful and has for the last 4 years. Someone else said they were interested in it recently and I really can't figure how it's even got this far in development without the team working on it deciding to pack it in because they also finally realised it looks poo poo.

PS+ mafia 3 is much appreciated, it's been on my radar for a while but I wasn't confident dipping in. I think I'd have been disappointed if I'd bought it, but I'm enjoying it so far. It's pretty loving hard though, death comes quick and often unannounced.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
One thing I discovered about Mafia 3 is they have news reports that play between songs, and it's depressing as hell because they are often things that would be just as at home in 1968 as they are in 2018. Like I heard one that was about two black teens who got killed when they went up to someone's house for help with a flat tire. Jesus Christ. :smith:

Also, I've found medium difficulty not too challenging but it's because the stealth mechanics are so easy to use that I basically silently kill my way through every encounter. If you're dying a lot, make sure when you get the choice of which district to go to, go to the one with Vito because you will unlock the ability to have someone come pick up your extra cash. That way you don't lose half when you die.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DrNutt posted:

Gonna be some hard choices for me this fall, my budget and schedule isn't going to allow a ton of games and there's just off the top of my head: Spiderman, Yakuza Kiwami 2, RDR2, AssCreed Odyssey, all of which are massive loving games.

know the feeling. i digitally preordered spiderman and rdr2. and the only physical games i am getting are asscreed odyssey(got the gold edition and thanks to gift cards and discounts its only 5 bucks) and fist of the north star. i am also picking up bendy when it hits ps4 and probably the warhammer diablo clone. the rest i will just buy at Christmas.

Mr. Podunkian posted:

I dunno how the game works natively on the PS4, but for what it's worth, I'm playing DOS2 on PC with a controller and the gamepad controls are fantastic. They're a bit like the Wasteland 2 port in that you have direct control over your party outside of combat, but blows WL2 out of the water in that it's clear the gamepad controls weren't tacked onto a game clearly built for KB+M controls (WL2 had some extreme jank at times due to it simultaneously being a Unity Engine game, which generally feel kinda sluggish on the PS4, and also gamepad support being added after the fact for the director's cut)

it played great on the demo on my xbox one. so i am sure it will be good.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DrNutt posted:

One thing I discovered about Mafia 3 is they have news reports that play between songs, and it's depressing as hell because they are often things that would be just as at home in 1968 as they are in 2018. Like I heard one that was about two black teens who got killed when they went up to someone's house for help with a flat tire. Jesus Christ. :smith:

Also, I've found medium difficulty not too challenging but it's because the stealth mechanics are so easy to use that I basically silently kill my way through every encounter. If you're dying a lot, make sure when you get the choice of which district to go to, go to the one with Vito because you will unlock the ability to have someone come pick up your extra cash. That way you don't lose half when you die.

yeah, Mafia 3 is loving great atomospher/story wise and i love that it never pulls it punchs, but nothing every feels cheap or for shock sake. honestly its the best Punisher game i have ever played too.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I'm early doors but I was trying to play mafia 3 like a 'stealth for a bit, get spotted, gently caress it start a gunfight' but I'm finding those outrageous to get my way out of. Also seems like either respawning enemies or a lot of places pack an unreasonable number of bad guys in.

I'll go full stealth next time I play it, it does seem like if I was patient it would be easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Bust Rodd posted:

Something I really enjoyed about God of War was I, like many American children, had a bunch of bullshit busy work around greek mythology growing up, on top of my being a big Harry potter-like dweeb, so i knew all the locales and characters and monsters beforehand.

I know next to nothing about Norse mythology so I finally got experience this immersive fantasy culture without having any ideas about who was supposed to be good or bad.

Just be aware that, like the earlier GoW games the story is definitely of the 'What if the gods were the bad guys?' variety. The gods definitely do some bad poo poo in the stories but they were always meant to be the good guys, and the frost giants (usually) the bad. The neat thing is that GoW mostly gets the stories right, but they're told from a different perspective. Thor being a brutish rear end in a top hat was often played for laughs. I'm a little miffed GoW butchered the 'Thor's hammer gets stolen' story - Neil Gaiman's version of it (from his book Norse Mythology) is one of the funniest things I've read this year.