Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

milotic snipe

my milotic will be in the premier ball, obviously, as its the best ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dienes posted:

That's why I said some, not all.

the only actual hard to decipher unknown are G Q and V 3/28 isn't bad

janssendalt
May 7, 2015
Hey guys,

I just got a New 3ds XL. Haven't owned a handheld console since I played Pokemon Yellow on my GameBoy Color

I want to get back into the Pokemon games. What game should I start with, Omega and Sapphire?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

janssendalt posted:

Hey guys,

I just got a New 3ds XL. Haven't owned a handheld console since I played Pokemon Yellow on my GameBoy Color

I want to get back into the Pokemon games. What game should I start with, Omega and Sapphire?

X and Y have a better singleplayer campaign, but Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have a better post-game and are basically necessary if you want to get into multiplayer. There's no wrong answer, however.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

X or Y are the best reintroductions gogogo

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Pokemon Yellow on the Virtual Console. Relive those memories.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Yellow to reunite with old friends that you can bring with you to Sun/Moon. And X/Y to catch up on the latest gen before the new games hit.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
if you're really only looking for a nostalgia kick, yellow is fine, but x/y and or/as are so, so much better, in terms of literally every aspect of the games. x/y are the better reintroduction for a lapsed fan, though, and i think i'm in the minority on this, or/as is a better experience.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
I don't know how you guys felt about it but I really liked the trainer rematches in HGSS. You'd see like Bugcatcher Wade go from a level 8 Caterpie to 4-6 mid 50's awesome bugs. Kinda made the world more 'real' when other trainers were levelling up and expanding their teams. Also the Gym Leader rematches. I know it'll never happen but each generation I secretly hope for that to come back. Hell I'd even take a VS Seeker again.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the rematches in oras are way better than hgss because they don't require a phone

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

ORAS had the "Trainer's Eye" feature of Dexnav, which unlocked rematches with trainers. The return of gym leader rematches would be great, though.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015
I got X! (and OR :P, but will play X first).

I'm eager to play again... but, I now have to wait 2 hours for Amazon to send me the codes.

Here's my ID if anyone wants to add me: Lews - 1564 6801 4660

Thanks for the recommendations, guys

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

janssendalt posted:

I got X! (and OR :P, but will play X first).

I'm eager to play again... but, I now have to wait 2 hours for Amazon to send me the codes.

Here's my ID if anyone wants to add me: Lews - 1564 6801 4660

Thanks for the recommendations, guys

enjoy, Game-R

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Super No Vacancy posted:

milotic snipe

You guys whine about not seeing shiny pokemon, I haven't seen a wild Feebas since 2002. Every Milotic I had since has been born from that one.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
My first shiny was a Ferroseed..I traded it for a shiny Klink.

Where did that shiny Klink go. I miss it.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Rudoku posted:

You guys whine about not seeing shiny pokemon, I haven't seen a wild Feebas since 2002. Every Milotic I had since has been born from that one.

Bulbapedia posted:

In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Feebas may be found normally in any tile and with any rod, but their rate of appearance is low in most parts of the route. However, if the player fishes in the water under the bridge by the Weather Institute during the daytime, Feebas will appear in those tiles 100% of the time. This also happens when the player fishes in the water close to the stone northwest of Pokémon Ranger Catherine, near the route entrance, during the nighttime.
Once hooked, Feebas is fairly easy to catch, with a catch rate of 255.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Isn't there new sun and moon info scheduled to be release soon?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Isn't there new sun and moon info scheduled to be release soon?

Tomorrow, I think?

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
I'm playing through Soul Silver to catch some remaining legendaries for my AS pokedex. I can't wait to go back to the new games and not have to deal with phone calls from Joey about rattata or the completely insane encounter rates.

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008
Hey thread, I recently bought my first handheld console ever and have been playing Pokémon X and Alpha Sapphire. I'm currently going through the latter with an all-Dark team and it's been really fun.
Feel free to add me (Gus 3540 3594 5850) as I currently only have one acquaintance with the games and I'd like to have more people to trade with.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

theyre easy to find in black and white and the sequels as well. you can even fish up milotic

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Programmable Soda posted:

Hey thread, I recently bought my first handheld console ever and have been playing Pokémon X and Alpha Sapphire. I'm currently going through the latter with an all-Dark team and it's been really fun.
Feel free to add me (Gus 3540 3594 5850) as I currently only have one acquaintance with the games and I'd like to have more people to trade with.

There's a trade thread in private games. You can get pretty much anything you want. I'll be lurking next weekend with boxes of rare and shiny things I cloned to give away.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Morality check: First pokemon on Route 45 happened to be Raikou, threw an ultraball and caught it first attempt. According to Nunzlocke rules it counts, but it's still a roaming legendary. About to face Clair

Current team:
Oddish (Level 14)
Kingler (Level 23)
Gyrados (Level 31 -- Caught as Magikarp with old rod)
Golem (Level 40)
Hypno (Level 33)
Fearow (Level 27)

If I keep him I can probably beat the Elite 4, if I don't use him I'll probably wipe at Claire.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RealFoxy posted:

Morality check: First pokemon on Route 45 happened to be Raikou, threw an ultraball and caught it first attempt. According to Nunzlocke rules it counts, but it's still a roaming legendary. About to face Clair

Current team:
Oddish (Level 14)
Kingler (Level 23)
Golem (Level 40)
Hypno (Level 33)
Fearow (Level 27)

If I keep him I can probably beat the Elite 4, if I don't use him I'll probably wipe at Claire.

If you ran into a roamer as a first on a route, and caught it in an ultraball try one, you should deffo use it.

:psyduck:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Zore posted:

If you ran into a roamer as a first on a route, and caught it in an ultraball try one, you should deffo use it.

:psyduck:
Heart Gold loving sucks as a Nunzlocke, grinding is painful because everything is 10 levels or worse lower than the next gym.

The only thing I can do is grind up this Gyrados with Avalanche in hopes of OHKO her dragon types otherwise

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Current team:
Oddish (Level 14)
Kingler (Level 23)
Golem (Level 40)
Hypno (Level 33)
Fearow (Level 27)

Fate has Blessed you with a powerful ally.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Good news friends, I kept Raikou and beat Clair without losing anything!

Bad news friends, I wiped on Ho-Oh because Golem missed literally 7 Rock Blasts (80% Accuracy) in a row and I got critical hit by two Sacred Fires in a row. Everything else I had was more or less under-leveled compared to Ho-oh and I just wiped completely out. I've got SOME pokemon in my box right now I can fall back on but there's no way I'm going to re-train a bunch of level 20 pokemon for 30 hours to go fight the Elite 4.

So ends my journey in Pokemon Heartgold.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
competitive gens ranked in order of goodness (combo of being competitive gens and fun to play):
adv
dpp
rby
gsc
oras
bw

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oras is definitely better than everything other than advance but otherwise i agree. maybe i'd put bw over gsc, gsc was the worst

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Countblanc posted:

oras is definitely better than everything other than advance but otherwise i agree. maybe i'd put bw over gsc, gsc was the worst

oras is a snoozefest lately, clef tran ferro zzzz who even cares

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

tho you are right adv is the best by a mile IMO. perfect mix of balance and variation

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So I restarted my Y file. I just got to the part where you wake up Snorlax. I've been playing these games since the original Red and Blue, never caught a Shiny before, and I just found a Shiny Blue Flabebé. I caught it in my last of 2 Premiere Balls, and it's a decent nature (Calm) to boot!

Let's hope its IVs aren't garbage, but hopefully Sun/Moon can correct that anyway.

I named her Prudence (After "Dear Prudence.") :3:

Edit: Holy poo poo.

Copy & Paste Results
Flabebe - #669 (Calm)
HP: 12 - 19
Att: 24 - 30
Def: 30
SpA: 28 - 31
SpD: 30
Speed: 9 - 15

:stare:

I might play the lottery tonight.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 31, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i would just like to report that the pokemon go thread is provably insane and i'm glad that dicsussion of that game was banished away from this one lest there be a bunch of people ive never seen post about pokemon try to compete to be seen as the most casual player here

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i would just like to report that the pokemon go thread is provably insane and i'm glad that dicsussion of that game was banished away from this one lest there be a bunch of people ive never seen post about pokemon try to compete to be seen as the most casual player here

im gonna make this same post in the pokemon go thread but with the thread names reversed :twisted:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

GSC is complete garbage. It's slow as gently caress and has even less variety than RBY did in team composition.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its hosed up to think that the generations which introduced chansey and blissey are both revered and respected gaming institutions

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Super No Vacancy posted:

milotic snipe

Milotic is so pretty :3:

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost
I just had a very lucky ORAS win. Needed Thunderbolt to inflict paralysis *and* fully paralyze the opponent during the same turn... which actually happened. :mrgw:

UN6W-WWWW-WW4Y-H76A

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i'm so casual i don't even play the game i just think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm so casual i put hm moves on my battle pokemon

• Locked thread