Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I hate you guys for making me think there was a new strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Johnny Aztec posted:

I hate you guys for making me think there was a new strip.

Maybe when the new strip does come out, it'll finally answer the Crystal question.

joke-tag </sarcasm> wink smiley

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

:siren: NEW STRIP IS UP! :siren:

Not really

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

You utter bastard, I started reading that and was excited and then I read over and saw the strip number :downs:

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

oobey posted:

I love and hate you. :)

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
Well that confirms that Durkon is Chaotic Good.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

oobey posted:

Not really

You son of a bitch.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
You fuckers. When there are 18 new posts I expect a new strip. And yes I realise the irony of being post 19 BUT I DONT CARE I AM ANGRY OVER A WEBCOMIC.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

oobey posted:

Not really

that is seriously hosed up

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

oobey posted:

Not really

I clicked the new page planning on doing just this, you bastard. :D

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

:sigh: Poor Durkon. Getting short-changed by destiny and in screentime. Here's hoping the next arc is HIS turn to have a long chain of badass moments.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
With 20 odd new posts and no new strip in my RSS, I thought this was another alignment debate.

Room Temperature posted:

Speaking of, I quite enjoyed the line numbers she was holding on.

I don' think I get this one. What's special about 2, 3, 5, 8, 11?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fibonacci sequence.

I don't actually know what it means, I just know that it's math.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Fibonacci sequence.

Except it isn't the Fibonacci sequence.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

LightWarden posted:

With 20 odd new posts and no new strip in my RSS, I thought this was another alignment debate.

I don' think I get this one. What's special about 2, 3, 5, 8, 11?

There was nothing special about it, one of the creators confirmed they were just random numbers. Stop PBFing this.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Strabo4 posted:

There was nothing special about it, one of the creators confirmed they were just random numbers. Stop PBFing this.

One of?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

YggiDee posted:

Fibonacci sequence.

I don't actually know what it means, I just know that it's math.

Fibonnaci sequence adds the current and previous numbers to get the next number; it's 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13. So that isn't even part of it.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
But what if 5+8=11 in the OotS universe?

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Then +5 swords suddenly aren't so good.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sefer posted:

Fibonnaci sequence adds the current and previous numbers to get the next number; it's 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13. So that isn't even part of it.
He's obviously using base 12 notation. :colbert:

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

DoctorTristan posted:

Then +5 swords suddenly aren't so good.
Or maybe the plus 8 swords aren't as good. Think about it!

Room Temperature
Oct 16, 2007

mildly amusing

Sefer posted:

Heh, oops. I thought I knew how to add. I think I was excited because I thought that if 11 was the correct number then it would be circular (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 11 -> 1, 1, ...) Anyway, I'm stupid. I, I never knew...

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

Oh, gently caress you guys. <:mad:>

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

Santa's greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn't exist
hey now, you got to read that nice piece about Durkon

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

I finally get to do this, I'm just so happy!!

:siren: New Strip is Up :siren:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Looks like the page is up for real, now.
Edit: Crap, beaten. Very cute, though. No wars, indeed.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jul 16, 2009

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Roy is clearly channeling John Lennon there.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
eXCeSS bought me this account because I am a whiny BITCH!

Ashenai posted:

Roy is clearly channeling John Lennon there.

It's easy if you try.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

This strip actually bums me out a little, because I realized that when/if Roy and Celia die, they won't get to be together in the afterlife. Roy will go to his LG heaven, and Celia will just merge back into her elemental plane.

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

she could just spend all her time on the mountain with him right? And even if she couldn't/doesn't I doubt Roy will be torn up about it for long. I mean, he's always got the Tavern of Infinite One Night Stands.

Entertainer13
Apr 25, 2009
Surprisingly philosophic. It felt like a cute filler comic when I'd be expecting more groundwork laid for the next arc. So, a nice surprise!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Comedy option: Celia gets a wish to become mortal, finds mortal life ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

IMJack posted:

Comedy option: Celia gets a wish to become mortal, finds mortal life ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Nah, if there's anything fantasy writers agree on, it's that dying of old age is way loving better than eternal life.

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

Pope Guilty posted:

Nah, if there's anything fantasy writers agree on, it's that dying of old age is way loving better than eternal life.

Unless you're an extraplanar being who lives in a realm perfectly suited to you. (Or rather, you're perfectly suited to it)

EDIT: And you can visit anyone you care for in the afterlife as a minor action.

Neorxenawang fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 16, 2009

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Celia has yet to be impressed by anything humans get. They get crappy senses, they're not all sorcerers, they have to walk--let's wait until she says, "Oooh, you guys get a bile duct? That's so cool! We have to drink some bile once a week to supply our body's needs," before the idea of racial transformation is raised.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

There's at least one thing about human anatomy that Celia appears to be impressed by.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
As nice as these "me-time" chapters are, and I'm sure they'll end up being the calm before an almighty storm much like the New Year's party in Azure City, I'm looking forward to getting the team into wacky adventures again asap.

Sick_Boy
Jun 3, 2007

The reason Milton wrote in fetters when he wrote of Angels and God, and at liberty when of Devils and Hell, is because he was a true poet and of the Devil's party without knowing it.

Pope Guilty posted:

Neil Gaiman being a notable exception in Sandman.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Sick_Boy posted:

Neil Gaiman being a notable exception in Sandman.

Yeah, the eternals are so goddamned pleased with their lives. Hardly an issue goes by without Delight making some wry crack about how lovely it is living forever, or Dream pausing to revel in the wonder and beauty of the lands he commands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I think he is referring to Hob Gadling. Immortality in Sandman was great for some guys, and horrible for others. Really, their life was the same as it was before they were immortal, for better or worse. Just longer.