Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

Because you are not fair and balanced. You clearly need an avid iron warrior and a good player on it :colbert:

A good player wouldn't play Iron Warriors. Check and mate :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
You're right. I'm not good. I'm a loving genius.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Perturabo was the best primarch because he preferred to stay in his basement and paint minis instead of going on the great crusade with his family.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Death Guard family photos!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Perturabo was the best primarch because he preferred to stay in his basement and paint minis instead of going on the great crusade with his family.

Huh... Pert and I both had an abusive stepfather... We both preferred to stay home rather than go abroad with him, and we are both spergs. Am I Pert?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Pert is the most accurate goon primarch. Even his choice or boyfriend, Magnus the shy nerdy bookworm, fits the goon fantasy.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Because you are not fair and balanced. You clearly need an avid iron warrior and a good player on it :colbert:

I am neither good nor play iron warriors so I couldn't do it either

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

DJ Dizzy posted:

Huh... Pert and I both had an abusive stepfather... We both preferred to stay home rather than go abroad with him, and we are both spergs. Am I Pert?

We're all Pert, a little bit on the inside.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Has anyone used the liquitex sprays for priming/basing? I got a whole mess of infantry to paint up, and i dont have space for an airbrush set up

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You mean rattle can primer? Most brands work great

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Immanentized posted:

Has anyone used the liquitex sprays for priming/basing? I got a whole mess of infantry to paint up, and i dont have space for an airbrush set up

I use Grey automotive primer I bought at Walmart for a few bucks. Works like a charm. Just give it a good shake and it goes on nicely

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Tactical squad is finally done:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Those look great! I'm looking forward to finishing this ZM board and getting back onto mans

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

adamantium|wang posted:

Tactical squad is finally done:

Looks sick.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

Pierzak posted:

Looks sick.

They are Death Guard.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Xir posted:

They are Death Guard.

:rimshot:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Xir posted:

They are Death Guard.

:thejoke:

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

:thejoke:

Gurkhali
Apr 25, 2006
Oh Andy Johnson's Magic, he wears a magic hat.....
I started painting an iron warrior after buying some of the Vallejo metal colour range, I’m reasonably pleased with it (considering I’ve barely touched a brush in 6 years).
Any suggestions on how to improve it would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve got 2 Calth sets and 20 Mk3 marines so far - are there any ‘standard’ load outs I should be considering for my troops choices to ensure I don’t end up hating myself once I’ve glued them all together?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Gurkhali posted:

I started painting an iron warrior after buying some of the Vallejo metal colour range, I’m reasonably pleased with it (considering I’ve barely touched a brush in 6 years).

I’ve got 2 Calth sets and 20 Mk3 marines so far - are there any ‘standard’ load outs I should be considering for my troops choices to ensure I don’t end up hating myself once I’ve glued them all together?

Dude, that looks fantastic; nice and shiny, with good hazard stripes. Consider yourself done.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Bolter hazard stripes :popeye:

Not even I'm insane enough to try that.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
First time in 6 years? G Dang son, that's a really good looking space mans. Bolter stripes are SO drat good.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Those stripes are amazing!

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
That marine is so well painted I'm contemplating smashing all of mine with a hammer.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

ijyt posted:

Bolter hazard stripes :popeye:

Not even I'm insane enough to try that.

I'm looking at doing something like 55 marines worth of gun hazard striping. Needless to say, this is the point where my batch painting has stalled out.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Xir posted:

That marine is so well painted I'm contemplating smashing all of mine with a hammer.

I bet you won't do it

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Gurkhali posted:

This guy's looking loving dope. The caution stripes on the bolter are an excellent touch and do a lot to not just make him look like a silver spaceman. There's really just two things I can think of to improve the paintjob:
1. The eye lenses. They look alright, but there's not much depth in the color. Paint them a darker red first, leaving the darker red in the corner where the white dot is and also separating the lens from the bottom of the eyehole on the helmet. Right now that bright red kinda bleeds into the helmet a little. Then, add a dot in the inside corner of the helmet with a brighter orange. You can mess with the colors however you want, but the technique outline in this video will do ya good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZYObTNdhkA

2. Dude needs some unit markings! An Iron Warriors transfer/freehand design on his blank shoulder would finish the model IMO. As is he looks great, but it's that next level of detail that would make him really shine. Even with those two things in mind he's a great looking mini, but that should be what you need to take him to your next level. Welcome back to painting!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Gurkhali posted:

This is really great. Clean IW. :popeye:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Gurkhali posted:

Very solid painting dude. As far as standard load outs, tacs pretty much just run around with bolters and you'll likely want at least 30 of them. Vets look like tacs but might have fancier armor and are basically king poo poo right now, so making some guys with combi weapons and/or close combat weapons mixed in is a good idea.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

Hixson posted:

I bet you won't do it

The temptation passed.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Those hazard stripes are amazing.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Gurkhali posted:

It's poo poo mate. Bin it.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'd consider death at the thought of painting 80 hazard stripes bolters.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Can I still toxx a LOW and is it kosher to Toxx a model that's almost done? Got a LOW recently and in my rush to paint I forgot to toxx.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

The Sisko posted:

Can I still toxx a LOW and is it kosher to Toxx a model that's almost done? Got a LOW recently and in my rush to paint I forgot to toxx.

I'll allow it.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

:rms:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sisko posted:

Welcome to The Toxx Challenge, brother! Sit down and have a tankard of ale, and the old wolves will tell you the glories of days gone by.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Welcome to Toxxing, m'lord.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Those of you about to die (of mesothelioma) we salute you

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

SRM posted:

Welcome to The Toxx Challenge, brother! Sit down and have a tankard of ale, and the old wolves will tell you the glories of days gone by.

Welcome to the Fang, pup. The space wolves are the best legion and GW refuses to give them competitive rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hamshot posted:

Welcome to Toxxing, m'lord.

That better be 500 cult levies as discussed in the slack