Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Jesus. I’m at 71k, god know how long it will take me to GM them never mind MM. how did you do it? Massive investment into the worm farm seems like the only way but what a waste once it’s done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I just spent 200 billion upgrading worms. I hate mega masteries.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Pretty much, I blew a bunch of silver on worms as well.

MMs suck, I'm stuck on like 600K garnet right now. At least with Chum you can workshop it and just occasionally sell it. Manually exploring for garnet is boring and annoying. Even the other gemstones could be farmed through chests.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

monkeytennis posted:

Jesus. I’m at 71k, god know how long it will take me to GM them never mind MM. how did you do it? Massive investment into the worm farm seems like the only way but what a waste once it’s done.

I have had that grinding in the background for a long time. Several months ago I finally sunk a lot of silver into the materials and got to 2000/1400/800 production. I also had been just mashing it anytime I scrolled by in the crafting screen prior to that. The recent leaps in inventory helped a ton.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

I found it was limited more by grubs since you can’t buy them.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Just splashed a load of cash on worm farming so let’s see. Also working on garnet, ruby, jade and shimmer stone along with brooms as I play.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

It’s me, looking down at you all from T250. Good view from up here.

please ask me for stuff if you need it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah I’ve just had chum burning away on all my craftworks templates. Currently at 575k and if I remember to sell enough probably making 25k a day?

It didn’t feel that expensive to setup the worm and trout farms, but silver isn’t really my limiting factor anyway. It’s these mega masteries.

I think large nets will be the pain in my rear end. I’m going to have to trade for rope.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

hambeet posted:

Yeah I’ve just had chum burning away on all my craftworks templates. Currently at 575k and if I remember to sell enough probably making 25k a day?

It didn’t feel that expensive to setup the worm and trout farms, but silver isn’t really my limiting factor anyway. It’s these mega masteries.

I think large nets will be the pain in my rear end. I’m going to have to trade for rope.

Definitely make sure you're up close to your inventory limit on straw/hr. I am generally maxed on rope+twine by the end of the day unless I do something else with it. Remember silver isn't of huge use outside of growing production.

893k large nets and rising!

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
At 3000 straw/10 minutes antlers are the limiting factor for my LNs. I suppose if you spend a lot of time exploring the forest then you'll run out of rope (and stone for iron rings) fast, but I'm dumping most of my exploration looking for pears and moonstone. Already opened most of my corn prize bags.

Ruggan posted:

well if you've got 15 bananas lying around doing nothing I could use them :v:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

NFX posted:

well if you've got 15 bananas lying around doing nothing I could use them :v:

Still working on that one myself, lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

H110Hawk posted:

Definitely make sure you're up close to your inventory limit on straw/hr. I am generally maxed on rope+twine by the end of the day unless I do something else with it. Remember silver isn't of huge use outside of growing production.

893k large nets and rising!

yeah i was finishing off yarn, which i just hit, so now it's all rope so it's probably not as dire as i was thinking it was going to be.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thank you duckbar for the rope!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

meanwhile i'm grinding literal thousands of pirate hooks, this sucks

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh thanks for the heads up.

I’m only on pamrats III and have 1,400ish pirate hooks, so it’s good to know I’ll need another 3,100 :negative:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah that was literally the last thing I had to accumulate over the course of a couple weeks of nets, but now I’m freeeee

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i finished Money for Nothing
that....sure was a questline

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Just finished 550k flarefin mastery and got to here. Really glad I have been idly working on wooden box for a while.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
It certainly helps to start planning ahead. I, wondering what MMs we’ll need for levels 250-300 though :ohdear:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
If we need 100 more MMs for the next tower levels I'm probably done with the tower.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
The T249 update made me put the game down. Nothing fun about grinding very specific MMs.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

IMO it's the specific mega-masteries being required rather than just allowing us to work at any one we want or take advantage of any that we already have. Like, I'm stuck behind 700,000 Fancy Pipes because they're only useful for this tower level so I mastered them then made other more useful stuff with my wood. It's not as good as the regular tower levelling because at least then you could see what you were close on mastering then concentrate on that - here I'm just straight-up just waiting for my sawmill goods, and it's not even worth grinding out wood exploring because it generates other resources that will void unless I spend more wood making things that aren't Fancy Pipes.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

man gently caress 8 Life Eggs this is going to take forever

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Is there a way to auto sell stuff or have craft works void things?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
No I think production just stops when it hits max inv.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
What are the T249 MM's? buddy.farm hasn't updated with them yet as of a day or two ago.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

they've allegedly been listed in the library since not long after T250 came out. someone in trade chat had to point it out to me.

https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=Spoilers check white links at bottom of page.

249 is Awl and Chum

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

hambeet posted:

they've allegedly been listed in the library since not long after T250 came out. someone in trade chat had to point it out to me.

https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=Spoilers check white links at bottom of page.

249 is Awl and Chum

Lol OK good times. At least awl is easy. Thanks!

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
I'm on April Trout... XXI

Is there anyone who can lend me 250 Magic Conch Shells? I have the rest of the fish, and I can send the shells back after finishing the quest.

My in game name is "Turambar"

Edit: VVV Aww, crap
Edit 2: This is now no longer a concern. While fishing, I accidentally pressed "sell unlocked fish". It seems that Anglerfish also counts as a fish, even though it's not a fishing reward. Oops!

Turambar fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 17, 2024

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bad news my dude, they're not mailable.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Barreft posted:

man gently caress 8 Life Eggs this is going to take forever

Leeks rule everything around me

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Beasteh posted:

Leeks rule everything around me

Just make sure you have enough soap for the next step.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ruggan posted:

Got any of the hickory omlettes? I'm eat 8-20/day right now. :v:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

Got any of the hickory omlettes? I'm eat 8-20/day right now. :v:

I can spare a few, sent

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I've been taking a long break since I hit T200. Has there been any updates on a potential guild system? Would like to jump back in, but it's lonely.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah i would think a guild system would be nice, but is it just for chatting or separate trade chats or shared / pooled goals or quests. if it's the latter stuff i think that'd be super cool, but it'd probably be a lot of work to implement and their roadmap seems pretty chockers.

since t250 came out i've finally learned to take a more chill approach to the game. i dont get frustrated at the pace anymore. i can't. if i do it'll just sink me, so i'm kind of enjoying the game now knowing it's okay to not complete a quest this week, and i'll slowly chip away at pamrats & starmap as well as whatever the monthly poo poo is.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ruggan posted:

I can spare a few, sent

Thanks!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Egg of life is going to be golden potato all over again isn’t it. Fucks sake lol.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I snapped and used my spooky pies on egg of life

Any idea where egg of earth is from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Beasteh posted: