Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah...which raises the question, of their two big franchises why is this one the one that's going multiplayer? Its mechanics are just going to be awful for it across the board.

I mean, whether it was this or TES, I have zero faith in their ability to do it well.

tes already went multiplayer when they made that mmo. I never really understood why people wanted their games to be multiplayer in the first place tho tbh. like that's the opposite of what I want from them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

tes already went multiplayer when they made that mmo. I never really understood why people wanted their games to be multiplayer in the first place tho tbh. like that's the opposite of what I want from them
I meant as far as a game developed by Bethesda itself.

In this particular case though, was there even demand for a multiplayer Fallout?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

probably? people really wanted coop in tes too

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I really didn't care about Red Dead Redemption 2 but I just watched 3:10 to Yuma makes me want to be a outlaw

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m not insanely red hot super hyped for RDR2 like I usually am for Rockstar games but I know for a fact I’ll preorder it for the midnight launch and play it nonstop for weeks. It’s like my hype has already run it’s course knowing the game would eventually come out. I’m just ready to play it.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m not insanely red hot super hyped for RDR2 like I usually am for Rockstar games but I know for a fact I’ll preorder it for the midnight launch and play it nonstop for weeks. It’s like my hype has already run it’s course knowing the game would eventually come out. I’m just ready to play it.

Really hoping they don't pull a gta V Online

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Over There posted:

what do you mean? never played gta5

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea you can literally just stand there. it only doesn't count if you have a menu open

Oh really? My experience was that the “hmm I need to do this now” thought popping up paused it

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Manatee Cannon posted:

what do you mean? never played gta5

GTA Online is it’s own other mode. It’s a bloated as hell online game that makes Rockstar more money than they know what to do with.

Over There posted:

I’m sure the online will be similar.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Over There posted:

The single player experience looks pretty robust and I think it will be fun to go online and play cowboys with friends. Of course, depending on what you mean by "pull a GTA v online" I might agree with you because the pricing of poo poo only got more and more unreasonable as time went on despite the online portion being generally enjoyable.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There were a lot of gameplay things in RDR1 left over from old GTA that I really hated like the clunky aiming, camera troubles especially inside buildings, and in general bunch of really slow transitions between activities and essential game functions. Replaying GTA5 again it still has some of those things. Is RDR2 going to, or is it going to be streamlined in the way most other open world games are these days?

edit: GTA5 has like a billion camera, movement and aiming options while other games have just a few, because everyone else put in the effort to make all that stuff work well the first time. I sure hope RDR2 is like the latter.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 12, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I know gta online is its whole other thing, but rdr had one too and that's fine? idk I don't see the problem with it existing

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh really? My experience was that the “hmm I need to do this now” thought popping up paused it

yea really. that word bubble doesn't pause the game. it's just a reminder of what you're supposed to be doing in the story

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Huh. Well, thanks! That definitely helps.

Also I love that my current position in the story is “go home and chill until the next day” yet with the sheer amount of side quests I’ve done that involve time passing it’s been at least several weeks

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fix posted:

I just got to the cyberdemon.

Holy poo poo.

ha haaaaaaaa

that whole part leading up to the reveal and also the reveal and also the fight is loving great

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I did it. I got all 440 Riddler trophies in Arkham City. Now I just have to do New Game Plus and finish Riddler’s Revenge (challenges and campaigns) with Batman, then Harley Quinn’s Revenge, then Riddler’s Revenge with Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing. I guess I didn’t realize at the time because they released it over a period of several months but there is so much goddamn game here Jesus

Then i am going to try to finally get 100% in Arkham Origins :getin:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I did it. I got all 440 Riddler trophies in Arkham City. Now I just have to do New Game Plus and finish Riddler’s Revenge (challenges and campaigns) with Batman, then Harley Quinn’s Revenge, then Riddler’s Revenge with Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing. I guess I didn’t realize at the time because they released it over a period of several months but there is so much goddamn game here Jesus

Then i am going to try to finally get 100% in Arkham Origins :getin:

Why.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

cuz I’m the Batman

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I meant as far as a game developed by Bethesda itself.

TESO is a better game than Skyrim so I think it worked out

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
An interesting thing about GTAV online was that as time went on and more missions required specific, expensive vehicles the player base began to fragment dramatically. At any given moment there are like 40 different things you can do in GTA online and only 10 of them will have people playing.

In an age of lootboxes and gambling and microtransactions, I appreciate Rockstar's bold move of "just straight up regular transactions" and genuinely having the most expensive DLC $$$-to-Funbux ratio Ive ever seen in a video game. $100.00 US gets you jack loving poo poo in that game its insane. I can think of at least two instances where I thought of buying my brother Shark Cards for a stocking stuffer or a birthday card or something and realizing that my $40.00 wouldnt buy him half of the loving motorcycle he wanted and I could just buy him an entire video game for the same price.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Just for the hell of it I picked up Hori’s Wired Controller Light...it’s an interesting little thing. I played some EDF5 with it and it was decent but I probably wouldn’t want to play action games for hours with it. For strategy games or VNs it should be nice since it’s so light and I won’t have to worry about the battery though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How blessed are we that DOOM Eternal is coming out

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How blessed are we that DOOM Eternal is coming out
Not blessed enough for it to have a VR mode I guess. VFR was such a tantalizing taste of what that could be.

I mean, if we’re talking about miracles and stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know I’m hype

E

Samurai Sanders posted:

Not blessed enough for it to have a VR mode I guess.

I mean, if we’re talking about miracles and stuff.

It’s not Impossible. Maybe they’ll realize they hosed up with Doom VFR and just give us the real game in VR this time. I’d pay extra for it idgaf

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Oh lord yes, it will be mayhem artistry at it's finest. We need more FPS games of this caliber.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
So I've finished Hellblade and it left me feeling...flat. I don't know, I'm happy that games such as this exist, but after seeing a lot of people rave about its depiction of mental illness and psychosis, I expected a little more than perspective tricks and stabbing muscular zombies.

The themes didn't resonate with me, and the monologues from the voices just felt very melodramatic for what they were saying. Guess I'll appreciate it more when I've processed the ending, but overall...hrm.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I appreciated Hellblade for what it was, but it didn't really click with me like I thought it would. It seemed like it just started at max volume and never let up. After a while, I just felt numb.

edit: yeah speaking of voices, I really hated the lore guy. Way too s p o o k y . The exact opposite of Midir.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Game lost a ton of its atmosphere when I was in the section when you're being chased in the maze. Kept dying because Senua was locked into staring at a rune, or jumped halfway across the corridor to duck under a fence directly into the monster.

All tension sucked out there and then due to the sheer repetition.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Totally agreed with the above posts. I admire Hellblade, but pretty much bounced off it completely. The sound design is incredible, though, even if I think it goes too big too fast considering what it’s trying to impart.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

*Senua looks at a pile of rocks*

THIS! THIS IS THE LEGENDARY CAIRN OF FREYA'S FORLORN! IT IS SAID THAT SHE TOOK THE BRAINS OF ODIN'S TEN BABIES AND MADE THEM INTO A MONUMENT OF STONE WHICH WAILS FOREVERMORE, AND IF YOU SHOULD EVER LOOK UPON THOSE STONES, YOUR OWN BRAIN WILL BE ADDED TO THE PILE! THE PILE OF STONES! OF BRAINS! OF BABIES!!!!!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Samurai Sanders posted:

There were a lot of gameplay things in RDR1 left over from old GTA that I really hated like the clunky aiming, camera troubles especially inside buildings, and in general bunch of really slow transitions between activities and essential game functions. Replaying GTA5 again it still has some of those things. Is RDR2 going to, or is it going to be streamlined in the way most other open world games are these days?

One of the big things they talked about in the first gameplay trailer was seamlessness between open world loving around and missions/tasks and I feel like that's one of the big things R* is trying to push with this game and they'll probably do a good job at it. Hard to know about aiming or camera or anything since nobody's played it though -- but the horse movement looks a lot more natural in videos/

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
can someone please tell me how to an ultra combo in ultra SFIV? like when your gauge is all the way full.

I can't figure it out for the loving life of me. On a stock ps4 pad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Have you tried pausing the game and looking at the command list

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
yeah and I can't figure out any commands either outside of hadoken

because I suck really bad

edit:

thanks bro

Twat McTwatterson fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 12, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

For ryu Do the hadoken motion twice in a row and hit all 3 punch button at the end

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Safeword posted:

So I've finished Hellblade and it left me feeling...flat.

I definitely felt the same about Hellblade. I appreciate what it tried to do but I can't really say I enjoyed my time with it.

On a completely different note, Is Dead Cells actually good? I keep hearing good things but its a new release and its got enough buzzwords in the description that I'm distrustful.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Housh posted:

It looks like BLOPS4 preorders are unavailable on Amazon Canada just like all the other AAA preorder games this year. What's up with that?

Amazon Canada has been fucky ever since E3. Seems like they're backing out of selling games. Caused me to cancel Prime.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

For ryu Do the hadoken motion twice in a row and hit all 3 punch button at the end
I haven't played a street fighter in like 18 years and was worried that the fighting game community that takes itself sooooo seriously might not still be using, ROLL AND JERK THE STICK LIKE A COCK YOU HATE WHILE HITTING ALL BUTTONS, for the ultimate finishing moves.

phew.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I definitely felt the same about Hellblade. I appreciate what it tried to do but I can't really say I enjoyed my time with it.

On a completely different note, Is Dead Cells actually good? I keep hearing good things but its a new release and its got enough buzzwords in the description that I'm distrustful.

Its definitely one of those games youve played 20 times by now but the controls feel like a good step up.
I played about 5 hours of it, not blown away really, it gets repetitive but i guess thats the point

I dont like exploring all its boring random generated dead ends that much you get pretty decent rewards by skipping past everything and going for time gates anyway so i guess it caters to all types of players

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Real hurthling! posted:

I think there's an option you can toggle where you only press the Shoulder/Trigger button but I haven't played fighting games in years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

revolther posted:

I haven't played a street fighter in like 18 years and was worried that the fighting game community that takes itself sooooo seriously might not still be using, ROLL AND JERK THE STICK LIKE A COCK YOU HATE WHILE HITTING ALL BUTTONS, for the ultimate finishing moves.

phew.

Fgc is very welcoming and helpful irl, internet is fulla trolls and posers tho