Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Ugh, man he sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pretty sure he got accused of similar heinous poo poo fairly recently as well

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

There have been rumors that David's not the best boyfriend material but I figured it was usual "got drunk and poo poo in the fishtank" bad boyfriend stuff.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

goddammit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I cheered my head off for Starr when he beat Devlin for the OTT Title. I loved his hard left stance on unions and workers rights.

The moral is, literally everyone in wrestling is garbage.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its just that men are garbage it is not unique to wrestling or leftism or anything else and its weird people want it to be

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

There have been rumors that David's not the best boyfriend material but I figured it was usual "got drunk and poo poo in the fishtank" bad boyfriend stuff.

Yea I always assumed it was just "arrogant rear end in a top hat" type stuff but yeesh that's loving terrible.

He shouldn't be spared any consequences but I do sincerely hope he really is getting help as he clearly needs it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This one is gonna get some gravedancing, ain't it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Mental health isn't your fault but it is your responsibility. lovely actions that stem from your bad mental health are your fault. There are extraneous circumstances but part of better mental health is owning that poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Super No Vacancy posted:

its just that men are garbage it is not unique to wrestling or leftism or anything else and its weird people want it to be

Ignoring the problem of abusers in left-wing politics just allows them to hide and continue abusing others. We'll never deal with the issue if we pretend it's not happening.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

By the worst people, yep.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

It's already getting it from WWE talent like WALTER and miscellaneous people like Ryan Nemeth. Gotta imagine Gabe's getting in on it before the night ends

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gabe will come out of protected mode to poo poo on Starr.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’ve never liked Starr much, but celebrating him being cancelled is basically celebrating that women were abused. It’s lovely behavior

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’ve never liked Starr much, but celebrating him being cancelled is basically celebrating that women were abused. It’s lovely behavior

Yeah, and the people doing it will do it because they think this invalidates everything he's ever said and it doesn't. Good and bad people are not real and someone can be an absolutely horrible person who's done a horrible thing and still be right about other things. Like, I'm not going to tell people to go watch his matches or call myself a fan now. I don't particularly want to give the dude my money anymore. I still think he's right about a lot of things he's said in regards to labor.

He should gently caress off from "We the Independent" and hand it off to someone who also has good opinions on labor but isn't some flavor of sex pest. Apparently that's going to be hard to find.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

celebrating him being cancelled is basically celebrating that women were abused. It’s lovely behavior

Yep

They don't care about the victim/s, they care that it validates them already not liking someone (and for the WWE talent there's a bonus of it taking attention away from the coronavirus fuckups they've had this week)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Rarity posted:

Ignoring the problem of abusers in left-wing politics just allows them to hide and continue abusing others. We'll never deal with the issue if we pretend it's not happening.

ok who was suggesting this

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

ok who was suggesting this

the british Labour party.
The Temple of Hip Hop
and various DSA chapters.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

He should gently caress off from "We the Independent" and hand it off to someone who also has good opinions on labor but isn't some flavor of sex pest. Apparently that's going to be hard to find.

Sugar Dunkerton or EFFY

...or both

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

coconono posted:

the british Labour party.
The Temple of Hip Hop
and various DSA chapters.

I've never heard of any of those things

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Well this sucks

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What was he accused of?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

What was he accused of?

achillesforever6 posted:

CW:rape/sex abusehttps://twitter.com/slaymysterio/status/1273304448539000832?s=19 Welp David Starr ended up being DSA the wrestler in the worst way

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

on a totally different note, does anyone have a link to the joshi who was vacuuming a hardwood floor in her full gear?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Taken down at ichibahn's request

stab fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 17, 2020

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rarity posted:

Yeah the left has a real problem with abusers being able to hide behind progressive language and also with defending abusers because to do otherwise would 'splinter the left' or whatever.
Especially since those abusers typical find themselves in positions of power and build whole bunch of social clout to get you reamed for calling them out or blowing the whistle; (see: Lee Carter )

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

man i can't believe my favourite wrestler liked that guy

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bit much to attack Bix by proxy. Delete that tweet

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Especially since those abusers typical find themselves in positions of power and build whole bunch of social clout to get you reamed for calling them out or blowing the whistle; (see: Lee Carter )

Christ, what's wrong with Lee Carter? Today is a loving awesome not at all lovely day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

Bit much to attack Bix by proxy. Delete that tweet

:thunk:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Reply removed at ichibahn's request

stab fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 17, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They seem to think Bix knew about Rory Gulak and about David Starr before it "came out". No loving clue what they're basing that on.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You know exactly what I meant. The tweet isn't even from a wrestler is it?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

stab posted:

I'm lost Bix why are you eating heat here

Cursory glance (so I could be wrong) is they either hate Bix for ever retweeting/liking his posts (which is wrong because a) the calls for a labor union were good and b) the attacks of WWE for their awful practices were justified, they just should have been from a better person) or more likely for being a reporter who hasn't done an article on this (which is wrong because the accuser explicitly said she wasn't looking to do an interview for an article on this, which is completely fine because it's her story and it should be told when and how she feels comfortable telling it)

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 17, 2020

stab
Feb 12, 2003

ICHIBAHN posted:

You know exactly what I meant. The tweet isn't even from a wrestler is it?

No, I really don't, and not trying to be obtuse. It's not from a wrestler but hey I'll take it down it' not worth amy drama I just wanted context, that's all.

Edit: thanks cj2, that's kinda what I was getting at, thanks for helping my stupid rear end connect the dots

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Christ, what's wrong with Lee Carter? Today is a loving awesome not at all lovely day.
When he did a big twitter thread about how he was abused by his ex, he was gaslighting her; just based off what comrades in NOVA had told me, but they can't do much since he actually has political power and a big twitter following.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I could've sworn that the thread title used to be "wrestlers and wrestling fans on social media". That'd be a hell of a thing to have only seen in a dream.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
The Bixenstan has logged on

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

They seem to think Bix knew about Rory Gulak and about David Starr before it "came out". No loving clue what they're basing that on.

The rassling deep state is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

It's already getting it from WWE talent like WALTER and miscellaneous people like Ryan Nemeth. Gotta imagine Gabe's getting in on it before the night ends
With WALTER the thing people are claiming is about this with Starr is about a soccer game