Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

They don't have a decent piece of fruit at the supermarket. The apples are mealy, the oranges are dry...I don't know what's going on with the papayas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I noticed you chose the "clowns with balloons" check design

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Oh, did you guys stop at the bodega today? Some moron bounced a clown check!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

"So I ran into the Rosses again."

"Oh, right, at the coffee shop. Where did they get the idea that you have a place in the Hamptons?"

":stare: From me."

"What did you say?"

"I told them I had a place in the Hamptons! What did you say?"

"I told them you didn't. And I laughed and laughed :smug:"

I actually yelled out to someone this morning, "All right, you wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts!"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Oh my God I'm watching a new episode of Seinfeld! It opens with Elaine dating a guy called Joel Rifkin which is apparently also the name of a serial killer.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mojo1701a posted:

I actually yelled out to someone this morning, "All right, you wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts!"

Isn't that from Batman?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

jojoinnit posted:

Oh my God I'm watching a new episode of Seinfeld! It opens with Elaine dating a guy called Joel Rifkin which is apparently also the name of a serial killer.

I always loved finding an episode I had never seen before or had seen only once or twice before. It felt so fresh.

Unfortunately, now I've seen pretty much every episode in the series multiple times, so I don't get that feeling anymore. But I still love 'em all :3:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

greatn posted:

Isn't that from Batman?

Yeah, yeah, I am Batman!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Please excuse the following quote, and top of the morning..... TO YOU!

I beg your pardon!?! Cinnamon takes a back seat to no babka! People love cinnamon! It should be on tables in restaurants along with salt and pepper. Anytime anyone says, "Oh This is so good. What's in it?" The answer invariably comes back.... cinnamon! Cinnamon! Again and again!

Lesser babka? I think not!

I love this quote because I am very pro-cinnamon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm pro chocolate. So Jerry was totally wrong and got the lesser Babka (I still don't know what a Babka is)

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

"So I ran into the Rosses again."

"Oh, right, at the coffee shop. Where did they get the idea that you have a place in the Hamptons?"

":stare: From me."

"What did you say?"

"I told them I had a place in the Hamptons! What did you say?"

"I told them you didn't. And I laughed and laughed :smug:"

I love the way Elaine delivers that line. And the best part is that George doesn't get made at Elaine for ruining Goerge's lie. He gets mad at the ROSSES for lying to HIM. I love George so much.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Macaluso posted:

I'm pro chocolate. So Jerry was totally wrong and got the lesser Babka (I still don't know what a Babka is)

Wikipedia to the rescue!

My family's Polish, so (and I didn't know there was a difference until reading this just now, since I don't remember seeing the actual babka in the episode) while I've never really had a chocolate or cinnamon babka, we used to bake these absolutely delicious lemon babkas. I haven't had one in a long time, but it was so light, fluffy, sweet, and lemony.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Readiing this last page reminds me this show had a great way with words. and just making the most mundane words funny. It was pointed out in a documentary I saw. Like Salsa.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Casus...belli

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

CaptainHollywood posted:

Readiing this last page reminds me this show had a great way with words.

It really did, both in celebrating mundane words, and stuff like:

"And you believe this course of action will have a two-pronged effect. Firstly, the very mention of the idea will cause Sandy to recoil in disgust, whereupon she will insist that I remove myself from the premises. At this point, it is inevitable that she will seek out the roommate to apprise her of this abhorrent turn of events. The roommate will then offer her friend the requisite sympathy even as part of her cannot help but feel somewhat flattered by her inclusion in the unusual request."

...that's from a sitcom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Relayer posted:

...that's from a sitcom.

I agree, and then conversely they could give you something wonderfully stupid like this:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

myron_cope posted:

Casus...belli
Boutros Boutros Ghali

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Hey Driver, whats say we pick up your sister, have a little fun back here, hunh?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Advantage Varnsen!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It was like. A biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig. APPLE PIE.

I've never tasted babka or a black and white cookie. :smith:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Robnoxious posted:

Boutros Boutros Ghali

Ponce De Leon? :confused:

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

Relayer posted:

It really did, both in celebrating mundane words, and stuff like:

"And you believe this course of action will have a two-pronged effect. Firstly, the very mention of the idea will cause Sandy to recoil in disgust, whereupon she will insist that I remove myself from the premises. At this point, it is inevitable that she will seek out the roommate to apprise her of this abhorrent turn of events. The roommate will then offer her friend the requisite sympathy even as part of her cannot help but feel somewhat flattered by her inclusion in the unusual request."

...that's from a sitcom.

That is my favourite Seinfeld bit, George's plan for Jerry was just so brilliant and well thought out... Only to have it backfire as usual.
IIRC In another episode George tries it himself and it fails again, but I haven't seen that episode in years.

...The switch!

Also, I think I would stare at a rotating tire display too.
How the hell do those work anyway?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I agree, and then conversely they could give you something wonderfully stupid like this:

That's what's so vexing!

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

CaptainHollywood posted:

Readiing this last page reminds me this show had a great way with words. and just making the most mundane words funny. It was pointed out in a documentary I saw. Like Salsa.

I never liked that salsa bit. One of the very few things from the show that wasn't funny at all.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Don't you know what it means to become an orgy guy? It changes everything. I'd have to dress different. I'd have to act different. I'd have to grow a mustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and I'd need a new bedspread and new curtains. I'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. I'd have to get new friends. I'd have to get orgy friends...Nah, I'm not ready for it.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
You ask me to have lunch, tell me you slept with Elaine, and then say you're not in the mood for details. Now you listen to me. I want details and I want them right now. I don't have a job, I have no place to go. You're not in the mood? Well you get in the mood!

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ponce De Leon? :confused:

I can't leave him...he has a mental hold on me. He's like a Svenjolly.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Who are you?

-I'm... Mrs Seinfeld :j:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
So that's one tuck ... and one no tuck!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
What do you tip a chambermaid, anyway? :confused:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

T. Fine posted:

Don't you know what it means to become an orgy guy? It changes everything. I'd have to dress different. I'd have to act different. I'd have to grow a mustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and I'd need a new bedspread and new curtains. I'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. I'd have to get new friends. I'd have to get orgy friends...Nah, I'm not ready for it.

Oh, it's a scene, man.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Robnoxious posted:

Boutros Boutros Ghali

.....YO YO MA!

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

Riptor posted:

.....YO YO MA!

HOOCHIE MAMA!!!

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
He said his name was Sal Bass. Bass, Jerry! Instead of salmon he went with bass!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

safety dan posted:

He said his name was Sal Bass. Bass, Jerry! Instead of salmon he went with bass!

It's like a sauna in here!

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Don't walk around without a coat in this weather, you'll catch your death of cold.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jojoinnit posted:

Who are you?

-I'm... Mrs Seinfeld :j:

I'm Frank Costanza's lawyer! :qfg:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jerusalem posted:

I'm Frank Costanza's lawyer! :qfg:

Like flaming globes, Sigmund! Like flaming globes!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DrBouvenstein posted:

That's what was so funny!

That's not funny!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I beg your pardon, your majesty, but we don't accept bills with lipstick on the president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

esperantinc posted:

I beg your pardon, your majesty, but we don't accept bills with lipstick on the president.

I got it from the Institute! The Institute!