Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in ds2 if you combine it with that special dlc item you can make a cool gimmick character. I got invaded by a guy doing this named batman who drop kicked me to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

in ds2 if you combine it with that special dlc item you can make a cool gimmick character. I got invaded by a guy doing this named batman who drop kicked me to death

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there was a hacker in the games thread that figured out how to make that drop kick shoot a shotgun of moonbeams and also cover like triple the distance and theres a few videos out there of players being wrecked by it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ds2 didnt even need a backdoor the code is just open and the game doesnt run any checks at all to see if it's okay, online or not

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SM64Guy posted:

i tried faith recently but playing on pc guaranteed id never be able to sunlight blade because id never ever get enough sunlight medals for it so i quit

eh, the cheat engine is fine for stuff like that

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmfao.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

ds2 didnt even need a backdoor the code is just open and the game doesnt run any checks at all to see if it's okay, online or not

that one dude, tallgeese or whatever, would post videos of him throwing out insta-curse orbs from a longsword and he was never blacklisted, and then some schmuck would cheat in 99 red eye orbs and would be instantly blacklisted

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

that one dude, tallgeese or whatever, would post videos of him throwing out insta-curse orbs from a longsword and he was never blacklisted, and then some schmuck would cheat in 99 red eye orbs and would be instantly blacklisted

lmfao

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Is caestus fun in DS1. My most fun DS2 playthrough was powerstancing dual caestus and I'm wonder if ds1 really worked well for dual wielding

i heard it was really bad in ds1, i watched someone play hand to hand in ds2 though and he was destroying poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

caestus is not good in ds1 but itd be a fun major handicap run. dragonbone fist however..

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the beast claws in bloodborne if you pair them with the beast roar and dlc covenant rune can be amazing.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no shoryuken in bloodborne sucks but at least the DLC added that totally insane moveset to the beast claw e: ^ lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what?! they're friggin nasty

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

SM64Guy posted:

did they fix the 60 fps mod? i never tried it because i heard it had a lot of issues

theres a ladder by the first armored boar that you can fall through if you slide down, and a couple jumps that are harder to make, but you can toggle it with the backspace key for those like 3 times per playthrough. its great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i heard it was really bad in ds1, i watched someone play hand to hand in ds2 though and he was destroying poo poo

It pwns in DS2 because blunt is really powerful against armor and like 2/3rds of the bosses are just large knights in armor

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The neo vs twin pursuers video

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

the beast claws in bloodborne if you pair them with the beast roar and dlc covenant rune can be amazing.

This was gonna be my Bloodborne gimmick, that or do a bloodtinge run because I still haven't yet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

holy poo poo neo is fighting twin pursuers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfo_sbhI5oY gently caress it here it is

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Got my route planned for the upcoming Demons soul run for March Souls, now I need to figure out what build to try in dark souls

left handed. ive never tried it but i bet that would more interesting than you might expect

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol. Left handed caestus so my only attack in the game is Street Fighter style standing jabs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This video inspired me to do the cape push emote constantly in bloodborne

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

be the only guy ever to use that life stealing sword from the swamp

its true that ive never seen anyone use or even mention the server before. i tried it out myself once but the move set is not my cup of win

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol. Left handed caestus so my only attack in the game is Street Fighter style standing jabs

if u use a curved sword you can parry and attack with them in the left hand. supposedly you do less damage if you attack with a left handed weapon in ds2, im not sure if that applies in ds1

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i figured the lifesteal on the server was about as effective as the lifesteal on the evil eye ring (not at all) and have never used either one for more than a minute

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its a bad weapon. as a trade-off for stealing 1 HP per giant slow swing it deals very lovely damage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

its true that ive never seen anyone use or even mention the server before. i tried it out myself once but the move set is not my cup of win

I didn't know it existed until just now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i figured the lifesteal on the server was about as effective as the lifesteal on the evil eye ring (not at all) and have never used either one for more than a minute

It's actually less effective, according to the wiki

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the butchers knife does the same thing and has a really good moveset . you also get it at exactly the same place. thats my ds2 weapon of choice BTW

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

the butchers knife does the same thing and has a really good moveset . you also get it at exactly the same place. thats my ds2 weapon of choice BTW

wait..the what? how did i miss this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i know the butcher's cleaver and i loving love that weapon in demons, ds1 and ds2

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

wait..the what? how did i miss this

gotta be in human form

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

omg my favorite weapon and i never knew it stole hp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The butchers cleaver in demons is fully sick and getting it is a cool encounter

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its not much in ds1 but if u hit enemies while theyre dying you can get more back, sort of like a prototype of the rally mechanic in bloodborne, or maybe just a glitch. but it heals quite a lot in ds2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i thought they just made it weigh a lot because it has an axe's moveset but it has a huge loving swing arc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I'll try to look like maneater Mildred for my ds1 playthrough, never used the butcher knife in that game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the guillotine R2 is also beast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I've decided, I'm going to start with the thief key and grab the butcher knife in the first 5 minutes and then play the whole game with it. Now for dark souls 2. Any good whips or scythes in that game, that's probably the only weapon types I've never clicked with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh wait nvm, I'm gonna try the respec run with that. I'm getting excited to play through all of these games for like he 10th time