Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

EoRaptor posted:

Nobody really answered this, but you should try stripping the mech using the strip mech button, saving it, then going back into the mechlab and building it again.

Sometimes, the mechlab gets confused about what is actually on a mech vs what is shown to be on a mech, and you can end up with weird, over tonned or under tonned robots. Stripping them will fix this.

ACH-B is the build on the B variant, using the prime and c omnipods where needed.

This was already answered, but the original questioner was not noticing the locked-in heatsink because smurfy doesn't show it greyed out like it shows up in the mechlab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Supraluminal posted:

Do you mean LBX autocannons?

In that case, anything with good pinpoint damage, like pulse lasers, PPCs, Gauss, or regular IS AC 20s. Hammer a component to strip armor, fill with LBX pellets.

Disclaimer, I've never once used an LBX in this game. I have no idea if this is a worthwhile strategy. Some people seem to like it but the impression I get is that tryhards all think LBX are a waste of time.

They are complete poo poo, many goons gently caress around with LBX dire wolf builds and they are totally useless. The only kill you will ever get is when you steal the kills as your team mates are steamrolling people at the end of the match.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Washout posted:

They are complete poo poo, many goons gently caress around with LBX dire wolf builds and they are totally useless. The only kill you will ever get is when you steal the kills as your team mates are steamrolling people at the end of the match.

Wahh kill stealing wahh

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Washout posted:

They could give the Legendkiller a 50% LBX spread quirk and they would still be bad.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Olesh posted:

This was already answered, but the original questioner was not noticing the locked-in heatsink because smurfy doesn't show it greyed out like it shows up in the mechlab.

Yet another reason to just use 5 SPL instead of 6.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Wahh kill stealing wahh

I too blew 3 million cbills on 6 LBX-AC5's, the best match was when phorashi charged straight at me with a nova without even twisting and cored me out before I even turned his armor orange.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
By means of observation i discovered the following: Direwolf with 6xAC2 is utter poo poo.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

By means of observation i discovered the following: Direwolf with 6xAC2 is utter poo poo.

With or without fire control

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/125457-fire-control-proper-chain-fire-for-mwo-tag-toggle-jump-jet-spam-fc-306-16th-jul/

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
LBXs are not effective, but blasting things with shotguns is fun

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Yeah if they're not using the thing Washout posted, then they're rubbish.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Tujague posted:

LBXs are not effective, but blasting things with shotguns is fun

Quad lb10x mauler is my dream and I will have it

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

With or without fire control

From the looks of it, without.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I mean, check this out. The build is pretty lovely, but the guy is using ADHD Fire control (skip to 5:40) and it shows how chainfire should work.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe-GL_SPt90

Patch preview, but the important part is the flamer visual update and the note that overheat from flamers is limited to a maximum of 90%, so really good but not comedy lockdown.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

ZenVulgarity posted:

Quad lb10x mauler is my dream and I will have it

Here is that build in a perfect situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t78YZCHARkY

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

:yeah:

I want it

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Pattonesque posted:

Yeah, I need this.

I've been running a K2 with LBX10s for a little while and having a blast with it.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Is taking front CT damage and then taking back CT damage at the same time a thing? I feel like this happens to me on occasion and and I wanted to make sure I'm not crazy. Not ruling out Goon teammates shooting me in the rear CT when I'm taking frontal damage.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I will have a 6 ac2 king crab in my garage until the game goes down. Or until they release a 100 ton Jagermech with 6 arm hard points.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Super 3 posted:

Is taking front CT damage and then taking back CT damage at the same time a thing? I feel like this happens to me on occasion and and I wanted to make sure I'm not crazy. Not ruling out Goon teammates shooting me in the rear CT when I'm taking frontal damage.

Front/back is only differentiated for armour. A section that has no more armour coverage will start to take internals damage and internals do not have a front/back system.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Number19 posted:

Front/back is only differentiated for armour. A section that has no more armour coverage will start to take internals damage and internals do not have a front/back system.

That makes sense but I feel like I've suffered this with armor rather than internals. The picture does show what you describe and I just reused it for illustrative purposes.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Super 3 posted:

Some mechs have front CT hitboxes on the back of their heads. (or did way back when, they might not anymore)

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Astroniomix posted:

Some mechs have front CT hitboxes on the back of their heads. (or did way back when, they might not anymore)

Some also have the front CT visible from the rear if you have a height advantage. Jenner, dragon, marauder, king crab, etc all have this feature.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Super 3 posted:

That makes sense but I feel like I've suffered this with armor rather than internals. The picture does show what you describe and I just reused it for illustrative purposes.

There's some sports where one tiny bit of the opposite side hitbox can bleed through. You could also see some host state rewind glitches on occasion where the collision gets calculated on the opposite side for projectiles in cases of extreme lag (possibly, not sure, don't quote me on this one).

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Great Beer posted:

I will have a 6 ac2 king crab in my garage until the game goes down. Or until they release a 100 ton Jagermech with 6 arm hard points.

Well, there IS a jager with 6 cannon ports, but you will need to XL and then have low ammo sadly...

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Number19 posted:

There's some sports where one tiny bit of the opposite side hitbox can bleed through. You could also see some host state rewind glitches on occasion where the collision gets calculated on the opposite side for projectiles in cases of extreme lag (possibly, not sure, don't quote me on this one).

It seems like on most mechs, if you shoot the taint from behind (the area in the middle where the legs connect), it hits front CT. The reverse seems much rarer in my experience, although host state rewind always throws me for a loop because it means I have to torso twist earlier and further than it feels like I should have to relative to incoming fire.

Washout posted:

Yet another reason to just use 5 SPL instead of 6.

Run 5 SPL with two extra heatsinks until you have elited the chassis. Once you elite the chassis, pull off a heatsink and throw on the 6th SPL because the bonus you get from eliting it is slightly higher than the bonus you would have gotten from the heatsink. Or just learn to manage your heat and run 6 SPL + 1 heatsink.

5 SPL is outright inferior because the list of things that will not die in two buttshots from a 5 SPL cheetah is much longer than the list of things that will not die in two buttshots from a 6 SPL cheetah.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Testing 6xUAC2 direwolf with firecontrol, wish me luck.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
It makes my machine stutter and lag.
Which was built for, and does an excellent job at, running witcher 3 at ultimate settings.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe ur poo poo mate

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Maybe ur poo poo mate

Yes, me being poo poo is responsible for drop in machine performance.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Its come to my attention that people were talking about the Black Lanner.

look at that sexy waddle.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Its come to my attention that people were talking about the Black Lanner.

look at that sexy waddle.

Banana peel and laugh track please.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Stringbean posted:

I mean, check this out. The build is pretty lovely, but the guy is using ADHD Fire control (skip to 5:40) and it shows how chainfire should work.

How does this even work? I thought guns were supposed to have cooldowns.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

starkebn posted:

they do, but the AC/2 down cooldown is incredibly quick. Regular chainfire doesn't fire fast enough to keep up with the AC/2's ROF. The macro lets you do that.

I'm not sure how useful it is over groupfire beyond screenshake/annoyance, but it definitely seems cool

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

starkebn posted:

They have cooldowns, this is specifically chainfiring them after their cooldown is over instead of waiting for the default chainfire time (which is way longer than the cooldown for certain guns).

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

they do, but the AC/2 down cooldown is incredibly quick. Regular chainfire doesn't fire fast enough to keep up with the AC/2's ROF. The macro lets you do that.

I'm not sure how useful it is over groupfire beyond screenshake/annoyance, but it definitely seems cool

It's only better for screenshake and fulfilling your basic Rambo fantasy. Group fire is better 99% of the time (for all weapons, not just rapid-fire ACs) since it means you're hitting one component with each salvo instead of hosing damage all over a moving target.

The only time I use chain fire is when I'm riding the overheat line and I want to incrementally put damage on an open component so as to blow it up ASAP with the minimum heat expenditure.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Feeling bored today so i'm coming back as Seadogs. Although I haven't played since the days we could still bait half the opposing team to disconnect with the "Alt-F4 for third person" shtick and I think Awesomes were the flavor of the day. I have no idea what I'm doing now.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Chainfire just puts a 0.5 second delay after one weapon of the group has fired. On some weapon that lines up perfectly (AC5,s for example) but on most it doesn't even remotely line up.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
but the cooldown for an AC/2 is 480ms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I know group fire is typically better, but god drat is that fire support thing so satisfying.

• Locked thread