Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

jm20 posted:

Talking about garpa is not proper opsec guys.

WTS: deep safe bookmarks

except all of the attributed to garpa docs floating around (see: grid-fu)

snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

necrotic posted:

except all of the attributed to garpa docs floating around (see: grid-fu)

snype

The fact that no one has really leaked what goes on in Garpa is pretty impressive given some of the strained relationships or some poorly handled access events by nameless directors or authoritarians.

WTS: Garpa logs 1t

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

jm20 posted:

The fact that no one has really leaked what goes on in Garpa is pretty impressive given some of the strained relationships or some poorly handled access events by nameless directors or authoritarians.

I've been in GARPA for years and haven't really seen any drama. Guess it all happens at the management level? I think I even held the "mantel" for a couple months (before grid-fu) and didn't see anything.

edit: oh hey, all those archives still exist. Time for some nostalgia!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jmr likes to stir the pot. Much like his delvegoons he's more bark than bite

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

there's actually only been one betrayal of garpa secrets, but as much as i'd like to rabble-rouse against DJ for leaking GTS to CCP as soon as he got hired by them I can't actually fault him for disclosing a known exploit to his employer

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

i thought lea stormwhatever was a miniluv hauler

boney i let them go carrying 10 bil like a week ago

boney why

Sadness. I'll try to work on our communication problems more in the future, bae.

Regarding Rhea, if you're reading this, no hard feelings, it was nothing personal. A lot of guys got pretty excited since he went fuckgoons, but I don't really get that upset about that stuff. He was a cool MiniLuv dude, but nbsi.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Regarding Rhea, if you're reading this, no hard feelings, it was nothing personal.

Everyone knows that DJ's Truegoons don't read SA :cmon:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

evilweasel posted:

there's actually only been one betrayal of garpa secrets, but as much as i'd like to rabble-rouse against DJ for leaking GTS to CCP as soon as he got hired by them I can't actually fault him for disclosing a known exploit to his employer

what exactly was GTS? I can't remember the details.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Reverand maynard posted:

what exactly was GTS? I can't remember the details.

It was a way to exploit how EVE handed where you landed if you jumped to a cyno that died after you jumped but before you landed. It was useful to move bookmarks (like deep safes) from one system to another, and could have potentially been used to appear where a capital ship shouldn't be (though it was too cumbersome to use to really do anything with). You could set what those default coordinates were in one system, then when you jumped to the failed cyno you would appear at those default coordinates in the next.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

evilweasel posted:

It was a way to exploit how EVE handed where you landed if you jumped to a cyno that died after you jumped but before you landed. It was useful to move bookmarks (like deep safes) from one system to another, and could have potentially been used to appear where a capital ship shouldn't be (though it was too cumbersome to use to really do anything with). You could set what those default coordinates were in one system, then when you jumped to the failed cyno you would appear at those default coordinates in the next.

A great exploit, and really fun to figure out. I'm with you on DJ letting them know about it... it was a pretty major exploit (though with limited actual utility).

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
So I said yesterday, that I was gonna buy 3 injectors today... then I got 3 10/10 sites (sold for combined 260mil) and 4 true sansha spawns (20mil in ticks and about 200mil loot). I'm apparently buying 4 injectors.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

You can quit whenever you want right? :catdrugs:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Bilirubin posted:

You can quit whenever you want right? :catdrugs:

Absolutely. ON A COMPLETED UNRELATED NOTE... I would only need about 20 more to fly/fit a carrier...

Note: I will not be injecting into a carrier. I'm very happy with my afk-ratting drone boats. I'm injecting skills to increase said drone damage so I can afk-rat more efficiently.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

FranktheBank posted:

I'm injecting skills to increase said drone damage so I can afk-rat more efficiently.

:negative:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
injectors are the devil - I love the drat things. I piss on your doctrine requirements (until I start getting less than 400k/injector that is)

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
anytime you want to stop dude

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
ban yourself

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

VideoGames posted:

The book I read has inspired me to make my own little tale of mining and how I started EVE. I will put pictures in it too :)

We'll get a kickstarter. I hear for ~150k we can get Jeff Edwards to write your book.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

So last night I had a dream about EVE and it was awesome and poo poo and then in the morning I subscribed before I returned to a fit mental state.

I haven't played in ages. I think I last played a few months before Vilerat passed. I can't find a succinct summary anywhere, and pubbie summaries were comically wrong last I remember, so... uh... what's happened since 2013 or whatever?

Not sure if your post was replied to, but here's quick recap posted by... I wanna say Querns?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BYX9nTujL320-BJdb87ixew693DUwSCvsDAuCc5acdA/edit

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dalael posted:

We'll get a kickstarter. I hear for ~150k we can get Jeff Edwards to write your book.

:buttfame:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Foehammer007 posted:

anytime you want to stop dude

:ohdear: I guess I'm not cool enough to post here according to foehammer, who is relevant to my gameplay for the following reasons

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
shut the gently caress up paco

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
but i seriously think I'm falling in love with you, Mara.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Fix Lag posted:

shut the gently caress up paco

Please be kind. This thread is almost chill lately. Lets try and keep it that way.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Dalael posted:

Please be kind.

That is being kind.

Foehammer, we purged your name (and lots of others) from the !ping hs group today. :911:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
and here I am trying to make isk doing L4s and failing miserably

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
First (?) null Fortizar kill

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54252571/

Below pics part of http://imgur.com/a/KxSlB

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
when did repercuckuss leave GSF?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
globby you sorta tuned out and got all static in the middle of that name, can you try again ty

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

globby you sorta tuned out and got all static in the middle of that name, can you try again ty

he meant to say repercussus but said repercuckus because we're cucks and you know?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
lol hahhaah

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
can I petition this since I'm a literal cuck and it's not a meme it's a way of life for me as a cuck

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

frozenpussy posted:

can I petition this since I'm a literal cuck and it's not a meme it's a way of life for me as a cuck

Nice meltdown

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i don't even remember typing that post to be honest, what the gently caress

but i'm still interested in why they left, or did they get kicked?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Fix Lag posted:

That is being kind.

Foehammer, we purged your name (and lots of others) from the !ping hs group today. :911:

Worst news ever :(

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

Worst news ever :(

And by we I mean me, personally. It hurt inside.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Seriously dude groon was a far better choice

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

So I haven't paid much attention to null the last few weeks: who's now poised to be the new BoB/CFC/Imp power? Has the Imperium got a Steiner-esque assault planned that will turn the war around? Are the Russians gonna storm out the dronelands and create glorious people's republics? Is it just gonna simmer down and stagnate again?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

hey drunkbro are you drunk too

cuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

They left in fall last year. They never did intergrate into GSF and I 'm sure they felt it as much as GSF did.

• Locked thread