Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

He's some crazy libertarian that tries to enforce weird rules in modding or something. I don't dwell on it.

The unofficial patch is basically mandatory, and some of his other mods like the cutting room floor, ars metallica, and a few other gameplay mods are really good. I run most of his settlement mods as well.

Yeah, his mods are fine, but he is screaming into the void crazy.

E: since it is a new page:

Hopefully with the next TES we get both sane file structure for modding and update mod permissions and rules so the kinds of dumb poo poo Arttie gets in a wad over won't be an issue anymore.

It's Bethesda so lol, but we can dream.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is he one of those people whose incessant screeching keeps mod packs from being possible

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere posted:

is he one of those people whose incessant screeching keeps mod packs from being possible

yes

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress that guy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Addamere posted:

the main one

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Arthmoor is a twerp, but just use the unofficial patch.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress that guy forever

fire him into the sun so we can actually get modpacks

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

If a person put's as much effort into ironing out BethBugs from those games as Arthmoor does, I can't imagine them not being a crazy piece of poo poo such as Arthmoor is.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

chaosapiant posted:

If a person put's as much effort into ironing out BethBugs from those games as Arthmoor does, I can't imagine them not being a crazy piece of poo poo such as Arthmoor is.

It's no excuse, he sucks mondo big time for trying to enforce how people mod their single player game.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

He’s the price we pay because Bethesda won’t pay for QA

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

KakerMix posted:

It's no excuse, he sucks mondo big time for trying to enforce how people mod their single player game.

I don't disagree. I'm just saying in a parallel universe where it's another modder than Arthmoor, they'd probably be a shitheel too. I rarely use the unofficial patches because I rarely noticed bugs unless I'm specifically looking out for them.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think I'm gonna just try the game without it. I would rather not use anything he did because I do believe he feeds on it.

Here's a link talking about his skyrim vr drama,
https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/8eqpdj/skyrim_vr_for_pc_is_here_mods_kinda_work_but_the/

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 15, 2019

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lmao at choosing not to use critical mods due to drama

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It’s more than his drama really, it’s more I know what he tired to justify during gate-gate. And that he got away with what he did then to goons on the forums. And now he controls the unofficial patch, I have no idea what he could be doing.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 16, 2019

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Fixing bugs in the game would be my first thought.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Making the dragons talk in bad voice acting.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Not adapting to the invisible hand of the free modding market

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

There there. It's okay. The bad man can't hurt you even if you do use his unofficial patch.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WnHuC9wUtg

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What it adds that? Lollllllllll

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
What would be better to use with Frostfall: Realistic Needs and Diseases 2.0, or iNeeds?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've always used realistic needs, but I don't think there's any specific synergy between them or iNeed.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Tenzarin posted:

What it adds that? Lollllllllll

iirc that's his official voice but Bethesda took it out because it sounded so bad

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Its Coke posted:

iirc that's his official voice but Bethesda took it out because it sounded so bad

But none of the other dragons ever speak english

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
He doesn't sound anything like that on my game. But he still sounds dumb.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

KakerMix posted:

Maybe the word "no" is the same in English and Dovahzul

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

KakerMix posted:

The one on Dawnguard does, same with the one you team up with at the end of Dragonborn.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/TESRSkywind/status/1128712144537702400?s=19

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is there any good mod to make gathering materials for alchemy and smithing less tedious? I got one that just hoovers up anything in range, but that felt a little too cheaty for me.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

He doesn't sound anything like that on my game. But he still sounds dumb.

Yeah, I don’t know what’s up with that but he sounds a lot more raspy in my game. Sounds slightly better, but not by much.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Is there any good mod to make gathering materials for alchemy and smithing less tedious? I got one that just hoovers up anything in range, but that felt a little too cheaty for me.

There's a bunch that let you just dump everything in a chest and then automatically accesses it whenever you activate a crafting station.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

KakerMix posted:

Grandpa Paarthurnax would disagree. Krosis.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bony tony posted:

And Odahviing, and Sahloknir, and Durnehviir...

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 16, 2019

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Fister Roboto posted:

I use Ars Metallica for smithing. It gives you smithing exp when mining and lets you melt down a lot of gear into its primary material. It doesn't so much help with the gathering but it cuts down on the grind at least.

I have one for alchemy that changes gathering rate. I can't remember what it's called but I'll check when I get back to my PC. I think it's Harvest Overhaul Redone. You get entire bunches of flowers per pick, butterflies have 2 wings, etc. Still manual but you get a lot more materials per pick.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

bony tony posted:

I am wrong.

Does tell you how much I played the main story though :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I use Ars Metallica for smithing. It gives you smithing exp when mining and lets you melt down a lot of gear into its primary material. It doesn't so much help with the gathering but it cuts down on the grind at least.

I have one for alchemy that changes gathering rate. I can't remember what it's called but I'll check when I get back to my PC. I think it's Harvest Overhaul Redone. You get entire bunches of flowers per pick, butterflies have 2 wings, etc. Still manual but you get a lot more materials per pick.

OK better question: is there a mod that will make me stop picking every single flower and berry and mushroom and butterfly when going from point A to point B?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
There's no console command for self control, sorry.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Its Coke posted:

Nah, Bethesda simply didn't package the english sound files for those lines. So in vanilla you'd only notice that those lines exist if you had subtitles enabled.
Other languages do have "proper" sound files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BBJoey posted:

lmao at choosing not to use critical mods due to drama

absolutely ignore idiots screeching about their mod author rights or whatever and build modpack functionality despite them