Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like doing something like that would trigger some crazy repercussions though... Like OPEC would have something to say about that for sure and they still have plenty of clout in the oil market. We're not as dependent on them as we were in the 70s but "start a war, get tons of Americans killed, seize oil in violation of international law, avg gas prices go way up anyway" would start riots for sure imo.

And it wouldn't just be prices at the pump either, the cost of transportation has a knock on effect on basically every single industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The Archaic posted:

What loving dimension are we living in when we are looking to George W. Bush for sanity and reason

lol

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Mr Havafap posted:

I can almost forgive those who voted for tRump if their motivation was anti-Bush and anti-Clinton.
"It's her turn!" has to be the most entitled slogan in history..
lol that people were disgusted by a slogan that sounded too entitled so they elected a born-rich, old white man named Donald instead

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

raaar hipsters! :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

loooooooool

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
wait they didn't actually use "it's her turn" as a slogan did they? I assumed that was just a snarky paraphrase of dem talking points

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I don't care how someone likes their steak cooked but ordering a steak and then putting ketchup on it is some shameful poo poo, mlmp

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol that trump eating his steak like that has got his die hard supporters doing it

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

What's this about Trump causing the death of a child?

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Trump: ‘Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated’

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-nobody-knew-that-health-care-could-be-so-complicated-235436

quote:

“People hate it, but now they see that the end is coming, and they're saying, ‘Oh, maybe we love it,’” Trump said. “There's nothing to love. It's a disaster, folks.”

He also seemed to express surprise at the complexity of the reform process. “I have to tell you, it’s an unbelievably complex subject,” Trump said. “Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.”

63 million americans voted for this man.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

“Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.”

I saw that quote in Bloomberg this AM while taking a poo poo and lol'd and then promptly forgot about it because I think my brain is actively trying to stop exposure to such sheer stupidity.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Anyway let's nuke whatever

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Guzwar posted:

What's this about Trump causing the death of a child?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/world/middleeast/donald-trump-yemen-commando-raid-questions.html

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
george walker bush rambled about gog and magog down the phone to chirac in the run up to iraq and now he looks like a beacon of sanity

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

I saw that quote in Bloomberg this AM while taking a poo poo and lol'd and then promptly forgot about it because I think my brain is actively trying to stop exposure to such sheer stupidity.

republicans have had 8 years to figure out what to do lol

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ideally you guys would invade iraq or afghanisan again because no one cares, instead of the one cool country in the ME

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

proof of concept posted:

loooooooool

youd get killed for a lot less than overcooking a good cut of steak in some parts of america that are decidedly NOT hipster cultures

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Lol eagerly awaiting the tone shift from the entire GOP from "no worries, the really good parts of ACA are safe" to "omg look how bad pre existing conditions clauses are. Repeal repeal repeal."

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

el oh el

brb going to infowars.com for my news

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Honestly I feel like people are blaming Trump for this and... idk that that's fair really.

quote:

WASHINGTON — Just five days after taking office, over dinner with his newly installed secretary of defense and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, President Trump was presented with the first of what will be many life-or-death decisions: whether to approve a commando raid that risked the lives of American Special Operations forces and foreign civilians alike.

President Barack Obama’s national security aides had reviewed the plans for a risky attack on a small, heavily guarded brick home of a senior Qaeda collaborator in a mountainous village in a remote part of central Yemen. But Mr. Obama did not act because the Pentagon wanted to launch the attack on a moonless night and the next one would come after his term had ended.

Sounds like it had nothing whatsoever to do with Trump other than he approved the plan on the next moonless night? He shoulda just held a press conference and said "look obv it is tragic when any civilian is killed during a military action and I grieve for this girl and her family but this plan was developed by the Obama administration and we approved it based on the advise of our military. No military action comes without risk and ofc we will examine what happened in this instance." ofc lol he is a dumbass and rolled in some poo instead and called it a huge victory.

lol that Yemen said "alright gently caress off on out of here" after that raid though.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
sir you should not invade iran, it will be incredibly difficult, and many americans will die

*Trump, pretending to listen but watching peppa pig* why?

*general desperately trying to explain this* mr president, Iran has a strong military, with advanced hardware, logistics, and capabilities unlike the Taliban, or Iraqi militias. they are experienced from fighting in Syria and Iraq, and they will not back down easily. the US military is very strong, and we would win the initial invasion, but we would be bogged down in fighting for years...

*Trump, pretending to think deeply* can we nuke them?

Sir I ..no, sir, we can't

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

sir you should not invade iran, it will be incredibly difficult, and many americans will die

*general desperately trying to explain this* mr president, Iran has a strong military, with advanced hardware, logistics, and capabilities unlike the Taliban, or Iraqi militias. they are experienced from fighting in Syria and Iraq, and they will not back down easily. the US military is very strong, and we would win the initial invasion, but we would be bogged down in fighting for years...

*Trump frowning* "hmmmm."

*Tweets about how we must improve our nuclear arsenal*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

do you think trump has the mental capacity to operate the nuclear football and launch some nukes?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Piss de Bundy posted:

TERRORIST general wants bad dudes to kill us all. Will not use nukes to save America . SAD!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

do you think trump has the mental capacity to operate the nuclear football and launch some nukes?

idk but this post is great

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

"mister president, are you certain you wish to launch?"
"yeah these are very nasty people, bad people. very bad."
"very well mister president. in your nuclear control case is an envelope. you just need to break the seal and input the 16-digit alphanumeric access code for final launch authority."
*sweats profusely, squinting as the word-noise shapes and numbers dance around on the slip of paper in front of him.*

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

proof of concept posted:

loooooooool

Every professional chef on the planet has been a hipster for the last 30 or 40 years I guess.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
hed typo and nuke iraq instead lol

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you're a hipster if you dont eat your steak on fire and char broiled

even i wouldnt want to eat a well done steak, what the gently caress is that, way to ruin the meat

medium rare if its a good piece of meat or get out

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Hammerite posted:

wait they didn't actually use "it's her turn" as a slogan did they? I assumed that was just a snarky paraphrase of dem talking points
Sounds like something the right made up to keep the rage-fires stoked, to me.

But still, just the thought of people deciding "She's too entitled so I'm voting for Donald J Trump".

just lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It wasn't a slogan it was just something to make fun of them because the DNC was so obviously biased towards Hillary.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
what if everyone promises to be nice to donald and not say any mean stuff about him do you think he would go to the dinner then?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jose posted:

trump couldn't play football because of his little tiny babby hands lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Tom Brady: Hello Donald Trump, you are my friend and now you're president. Would you like to come down to the field and I can throw you a pass?

Trump: *sweats profusely* I uh I have to go to mar a lago thank you anyway Tom, you're a great guy

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
LoL i was in the presence of a Trumpeteer last night and he spent the entire night being visibly more and more upset because LIBERALS are protesting still. He's also an openly spiteful dude who sincerely believes in 100% deportation of anyone without proper documentation and he gets extremely upset whenever children are in the same public space as he is.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Tom Brady: Hello Donald Trump, you are my friend and now you're president. Would you like to come down to the field and I can throw you a pass?

Trump: *sweats profusely* I uh I have to go to mar a lago thank you anyway Tom, you're a great guy

*Two weeks later*

"Tom, tell everyone the story about how I caught your 80 yard pass and returned it for a home run.... do it Tom..."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
@realDonaldTrump: Just played football with my friend @tomBrady. Said he's never seen a receiver like me. 80 yard pass! Maybe I'll change careers

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is literally the first time I've read the phrase "It's her turn" in reference to Hillary's campaign. I don't think they were using that as a slogan.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Jel Shaker posted:

Even an idiot can see there's going to be a deliberate accident in the South China Sea

I'm stocking up on cheap iPhone accessory crap just in case

I can see this happening but don't see escalating to full-blown War. More like half or semi blown

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lil Peeler posted:

I can see this happening but don't see escalating to full-blown War. More like half or semi blown

I've got a semi

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Preemtively lolling at a Trump War.

"Folks, nobody knew that war could be so complicated. It's an incredibly complex issue. But we've got the best people working on it."

*Calls Tom Brady*

"Hey Tom, appearantly there's a football involved in this. I need you here ASAP."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can you imagine what its like to have the whole world laughing at you upon finding out you eat steak well-done with ketchup.