Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Requesting transfer to Atlantique :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Obviously we should steal an aircraft carrier.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

To be honest I am happy with any procurement outcome simply because I'm not worrying about min-maxing, and a bunch of attackers is fine by me, oh and the frogplane

E: also what he said ^^^^

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah we'll never be able to buy a carrier group.

There's always the slimmest chance we can become some of the most successful pirates in history, however...

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 25, 2017

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Loel posted:

Requesting transfer to Atlantique :D

Same! :D

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

This is acceptable, even if it means no A-10Cs with 6 giant bombs on them and a giant gun to *BRRRRRRAPPPPPP* tanks with.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :negative:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

botese will live on within our hearts, and in our grotesquely distended anii

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Don't worry, Paragon. One day we'll finally get our bote, and the heretics will be blinded by Her glory.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Olothreutes posted:

This is acceptable, even if it means no A-10Cs with 6 giant bombs on them and a giant gun to *BRRRRRRAPPPPPP* tanks with.

The Atlantique has at least enough personality to match them. Come on - what says mercenaries like a 1960s French propellor plane from a defunct manufacturer? Awesome.

Also, we can use it to teach bote crew the error of its ways.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

It's not Fencers and Fulcrums, but it's a good alternative. At least we didn't get lovely Fishbeds with lovely missiles.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Oh god it looks so booooooooring.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Plane List Updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qiub7A88MRvtKp_SupHHoOrknmSUgbYVYkX5USpuxio/edit?usp=sharing

Beer4theBeerGod is the pilot of the BR.1150. RC was promoted to lead F-16 as the SU-25 is... retired.

:saddowns:

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Well, looks like I'm still with you MEAT.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Yooper posted:

Plane List Updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qiub7A88MRvtKp_SupHHoOrknmSUgbYVYkX5USpuxio/edit?usp=sharing

Beer4theBeerGod is the pilot of the BR.1150. RC was promoted to lead F-16 as the SU-25 is... retired.

:saddowns:

So close :(

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

tornadooooo

I painted one of these when I was like 9 so this is p much a bucket list moment for me.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
SWEET I'm on the MPA team! My IRL dreams are now happening in game!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Quinntan posted:

Updated Hayard Gunnes fleet chart.

8 of those Tornadoes are Saudi ones. All the Brimstones we can handle.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

sebmojo posted:

tornadooooo

I painted one of these when I was like 9 so this is p much a bucket list moment for me.

Oh my god. You just made me realize/remember that I put together a scale model of an F4-E Phantom when I was fourteen. And here I am. :staredog:

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Coffeehitler posted:

I know, but the Tornado is built in Germany and they're all IDSs, so I lumped them all together.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

Coffeehitler posted:

They can take out, what, an entire armored battalion in one sortie? :getin:

sparkmaster fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 25, 2017

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Quinntan posted:

I know, but the Tornado is built in Germany and they're all IDSs, so I lumped them all together.

They have different loadouts, so they should be listed separately.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Coffeehitler posted:

They have different loadouts, so they should be listed separately.

For my own :ccp: I made them all Saudi Tornado's. Consider it a factory upgrade or something.

Drone pilots, if you'd prefer another airframe please let me know.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yooper I just want to say once again what an amazing job you're doing with this LP. Even though I can't have an F-35.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah we'll never be able to buy a carrier group.

There's always the slimmest chance we can become some of the most successful pirate in history, however...

This is a world where Apple Computer just bought a Zumwalt. That company has ~240 BB USD in 2017. For the past 6 years, their average net income has been sufficient to fully fund the USMC. We may not be able to buy a battlegroup, but they sure as hell could, and who would they hire to fly the planes if not the world's greatest for-hire air arm?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Woohoo Tornado time for me!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Yooper posted:

For my own :ccp: I made them all Saudi Tornado's. Consider it a factory upgrade or something.

:getin:

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Yooper please add me to the pilot list. Callsign is Whiteglove.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Since we're done with procurement, can I make a formal request to you all/Yooper to retire the Sk60s? We've been talking about it as a Thing that needs to be done but I'm worried it'll be forgotten again if we don't do it, and as we've discussed they've long since outstayed their welcome.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper posted:

Currently I just want to be in the CAS plane that drops the most ordinance. Right now that would have been a Greek F-16 I think. I can wait though, whatever happens I'm thinking of writing an in-character piece about it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Quinntan posted:

Updated Hayard Gunnes fleet chart.

Where did you get those pixel planes? Could you link to just the image so I can add them to the summary?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yooper posted:

Beer4theBeerGod is the pilot of the BR.1150.

gently caress YES TORPS FOR DAYS.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Dreamsicle posted:

Currently I just want to be in the CAS plane that drops the most ordinance. Right now that would have been a Greek F-16 I think. I can wait though, whatever happens I'm thinking of writing an in-character piece about it.

Done. You're promoted to navigator of Ace Pilot's "Arcee" F-16. Don't gently caress it up.

Dr. Snark posted:

Since we're done with procurement, can I make a formal request to you all/Yooper to retire the Sk60s? We've been talking about it as a Thing that needs to be done but I'm worried it'll be forgotten again if we don't do it, and as we've discussed they've long since outstayed their welcome.

Now would be the time you guys could suggest selling stuff.

Our low volume planes are the AMX's, SK60B's and Mirages.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.

Yooper posted:

Now would be the time you guys could suggest selling stuff.

Our low volume planes are the AMX's, SK60B's and Mirages.

Well when you put it like that...

I put forth the motion to sell off our Sk60Bs. They're seriously no longer worth keeping around in the slightest, are more liabilities than assets in the air, and are a headache for our mission planners to try and involve in a token effort to keep them relevant.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Where did you get those pixel planes? Could you link to just the image so I can add them to the summary?

There's a whole bunch of places I took the pixel planes from, bunch of deviantart accounts and digging around in the shipbucket forum. If you search for planebucket on deviantart, you'll eventually find them but it'd be easier to just take them from that picture to be honest.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Again, can we work out something like retiring them to a museum/display squadron instead of selling them off? Definitely want to get rid of them, but drat it if I want to hang onto a little piece of their story.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

Again, can we work out something like retiring them to a museum/display squadron instead of selling them off? Definitely want to get rid of them, but drat it if I want to hang onto a little piece of their story.

I'm assuming that that will be part of the process of selling them off narratively, but right now I'm more concerned about the mechanical action of "selling" the planes.

We can totally say that when we "sell" them they become part of a display squadron or something but for the love of loving god let's resolve to get rid of these things before we worry about the fine details.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah ok sell the bastards

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I'd rather transfer them to their own group operated by HR, akin to Bacarruda's suggestion.

Okay, yeah, mechanically remove them from our OOB.

Anyways, in honor of the winners of the procurement vote...

Don't give me a striker Tornado,
For the wing roots are made out of Play Doh
And when Storm Shadows fly
Over SAMs, I could cry,
Don't give me a striker Tornado!

Don't give me a Viper Hellenic,
So fat that it's prediabetic,
It's hard to dodge flak
With the dead weight in back,
Don't​ give me a Viper Hellenic!

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper posted:

Done. You're promoted to navigator of Ace Pilot's "Arcee" F-16. Don't gently caress it up.

Oh thanks! I'm thinking of writing something up, but I'm not confident at all in my writing abilities.