Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

I personally kinda doubt that for *reasons*, especially because we just have no idea what the gently caress happens when someone dies in the Metaverse and have no reason to assume it works like the TV World.

I am willing to shelve this discussion until said *reasons* come up but the way the body was found is different from how it worked in the 4th game and he is the only person to have died around that time frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd be lying if I said the possibility hadn't come up to me while I was working on this update.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
akechi was on the fast track to becoming a major celebrity in the tokyo area so unless he was totally mulched you think he would've been identified

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sojiro totally fought his way out of wherever Shido's goons took him.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Funky Valentine posted:

Yeah, I just imagine it as being like a Yakuza game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Clarste posted:

Yeah, I just imagine it as being like a Yakuza game.

I imagined the exact same thing upon reading that post.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Funky Valentine posted:

"Oh yeah, they let me go."

*Interlace with footage of Sojiro breaking a bicycle over a suited man's head.*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, twice in one day with the Phantom Thieves jumping to conclusions. From the look of the shop I got the idea that they ransacked it or they kidnapped Sojiro and he put up a fight like some kinda Street Fighter or something.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

RareAcumen posted:

Man, twice in one day with the Phantom Thieves jumping to conclusions. From the look of the shop I got the idea that they ransacked it or they kidnapped Sojiro and he put up a fight like some kinda Street Fighter or something.

Well, we did see the part where Shido's conspiracy goons showed up to "ask" Sojiro some questions and then "arrested" him after the Phantom Thieves sent the calling card. They were also searching the place, so I assume they really took it out on Leblanc when they couldn't find anything of note and ransacked the place in the process, just adding more poo poo thrown about to their actions.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

At someone's request I modified some fanart to be usable as an avatar for those interested:

(although this one is already in use, so uh... tread carefully idk)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RareAcumen posted:

Sojiro's a former g-man of some description, at least one of those thugs has a broken jaw.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Kith posted:

At someone's request I modified some fanart to be usable as an avatar for those interested:

(although this one is already in use, so uh... tread carefully idk)

if only my brand weren't so contingent upon being a slug stacked on top of another slug

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Leraika posted:

if only my brand weren't so contingent upon being a slug stacked on top of another slug

This is the first time I realized that's not a Goomy with stubby brown arms and yellow suspenders.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Sojiro's a former g-man of some description, at least one of those thugs has a broken jaw.
And another possibly had the unfortunate displeasure of having scalding hot coffee poured all over them.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

AradoBalanga posted:

And another possibly had the unfortunate displeasure of having scalding hot coffee poured all over them.

They tried the good cop/bad cop routine and brought him a cup of instant coffee.

This was a mistake.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Sorry, I meant to say I reread the Schildkrote LP of the original, non-FES version. One of the first screenshot LPs I ever read, back before I paid my :10bux:.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
That LP is literally the reason I got into the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei franchise. Schildkrote is responsible for me buying like twenty games., and getting all my friends to check them out too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What a weird, good LP that was.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Solitair posted:

Sorry, I meant to say I reread the Schildkrote LP of the original, non-FES version. One of the first screenshot LPs I ever read, back before I paid my :10bux:.

Oh no I understand, I was just surprised that you read the old one instead of the new-ish version. I knew you were reading an older LP of it because you said 10-year old thread in your last post. Didn't know that you had read it before though, which is totally understandable.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

YggiDee posted:

That LP is literally the reason I got into the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei franchise. Schildkrote is responsible for me buying like twenty games., and getting all my friends to check them out too.

:same:, but it was Fienne's P4 LP that truly got me hooked on the series.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

GhostStalker posted:

It not Persona but Artix and Fedules Fire Emblem lps got me into the games and were the reason I bought an account to participate.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
This LP.

It's a drat good LP.

Of a really good game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GhostStalker posted:

I'd have never bought a Vita for P4 Golden if I hadn't read that LP

Feinne will be hearing from my lawyers

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Really Pants posted:

I'd have never bought a Vita for P4 Golden if I hadn't read that LP

Feinne will be hearing from my lawyers

I wouldn't have bought the Vita and Golden if it wasn't for your LP so...

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It's a shame Feinne stopped doing LPs.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd just like to apologize in advance for tomorrow's update.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Arist posted:

Oh no. What other skeeviness could there be? We already had Operation Babe Hunt and the swimsuits!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Boatmurdered was my gateway drug to the LP scene.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Arist posted:

:ohdear:

On topic: I think my first LP was the really good Animal Crossing one? Can't remember.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
dark id's RE4 LP

probably a boring answer

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
In hindsight, everyone beating the poo poo out of Ryuji is twice as bad because he joined the Phantom Thieves specifically to stop a guy who physically abused him.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He was also explicitly beaten by his own father.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

dark id's RE4 LP

probably a boring answer

not really, dark id has somehow been consistently entertaining in SSLPs for the last 50 years or so somehow.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Leraika posted:

:ohdear:

On topic: I think my first LP was the really good Animal Crossing one? Can't remember.

The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing? That was mine too.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What got me into this forum was Sydin's Tales of the Abyss LP.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
DarkId was my gateway into the LP-fanazia (don’t care if that’s not a real word) as well as Redchoco’s(?) LPs on the pokemon series. Shame said LPs aren’t on the archives anymore.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think the first LP I read was the Danganronpa one.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
I think my gateway to Let's Play was "Let's Play Phantasy Star!" (Boatmurdered, the fifth attempt to play Phantasy Star IV, and Nakar's playthrough/destruction of Ultima VI are still my favorite LPs, with the still-not-on-the-Archive-for-some-reason Sailor Moon: Another Story a close fourth.)

Rerailing the thread, everyone kicking Ryuji's rear end is, to me, a really lousy retread of the part from Persona 4 where Chie gets mad at Yu and Yosuke for going into the Midnight Channel.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

I think that my first LP was DarkId's Drakengard 1 LP, which I found because I was 11 and couldn't complete all of Drakengard 1 on my own and wanted to know what happened.

Then a series of FE games and almost anything else I could find on Fedule's archive site. I ended up buying a membership for his Nier Automata LP, and for this very thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Miz Kriss posted:

The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing? That was mine too.

Yep, that's the one. I read it on the LP Archive, though. I don't recall what the first LP thread I actually participated in was.