Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Instead he'll be a HOF hybrid OT/TE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

ghosthorse posted:

Please don't let Donatell back on the plane

A Penei Sewell Reception....

Ahahahaha....

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Gonz posted:

Vikings are mark rear end busters and Kirk Cousins is the biggest fraud in the league.

I'm not even upset about this loss, good for Detroit. But Kirk putting up 400+ yards and JJ setting a single game franchise record isn't exactly poo poo or fraudulent.

The defense is poo poo and getting worse.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

A+

(Wish it said Kneecaps though)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1602062684023033857

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Stopping the clock to avoid a delay of game so they can send out the field goal unit, which then made the kick to make it an 11 point game.

And dude. My man. I know you're hurt. I know you're broken. But this is not the Same Old Lions. This team is playing good, solid football alongside some of the best teams in the league. Since the start of November, they've outscored their opponents by sixty points. This is a good team that's a hell of a lot of fun to watch, and you're doing yourself a disservice by dismissing them so easily.

I mean, hell, how can you not love a team that pulls this poo poo out of their rear end en route to a double digit win:

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1602004677192609792?s=20&t=O1Gr3meGZOSjzZLwsKp3GA

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1602030060659085312?s=20&t=O1Gr3meGZOSjzZLwsKp3GA

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1602047113692872704?s=20&t=O1Gr3meGZOSjzZLwsKp3GA

Lmao you could have made this exact post during Wayne Fontes tenure, and during the 07 season when we went 6-2 and everyone thought we were real. Could have made it during Jim Schwartz as well during 2011, and during Caldwell.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Paint Crop Pro posted:

A+

(Wish it said Kneecaps though)

Shouldn’t he be shooting them in the kneecaps? I suppose either works.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Lmao you could have made this exact post during Wayne Fontes tenure, and during the 07 season when we went 6-2 and everyone thought we were real. Could have made it during Jim Schwartz as well during 2011, and during Caldwell.

Change your avatar, you don't deserve to have a winner like Stafford attached to your bitchmade loser posts.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

SirPablo posted:

I'm not even upset about this loss, good for Detroit. But Kirk putting up 400+ yards and JJ setting a single game franchise record isn't exactly poo poo or fraudulent.

It hurts not having Harrison Smith out but it's doubtful he could have changed things. The defense is just super soft. Hopefully next season Lewis Cline and Andrew Booth will be able to play and whoever the DC is will be better at designing a defense.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The whole point of watching football is enjoying the journey

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

MJeff posted:

Change your avatar, you don't deserve to have a winner like Stafford attached to your bitchmade loser posts.

Like all winners attached to the lions he did it with another team lol

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Jared Goff 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bumhead posted:

Jared Goff 2023

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

The whole point of watching football is enjoying the journey

Lions fan spotted.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bumhead posted:

Jared Goff 2023

He can't run for president until 2024, sadly.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

gently caress off

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

The dynamic duo of Bret Perriman and Herman Moore is lighting up the scoreboard with gunslinging quarterback Scott Mitchell at the helm, the Lions are young, fun to watch, and have a bright future ahead of wait oh noooo

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The dynamic duo of Bret Perriman and Herman Moore is lighting up the scoreboard with gunslinging quarterback Scott Mitchell at the helm, the Lions are young, fun to watch, and have a bright future ahead of wait oh noooo

The lesson there was to make sure you had your QB. I still think they would have been better off keeping Kramer.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I enjoy watching the Lions and it's fun when they win.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

posting in a goldmined thread

e:

I WANT TO BELIEVE

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 11, 2022

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

tinstaach posted:

posting in a goldmined thread

e:

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Someone should photoshop a cape onto him cause he flying.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SirPablo posted:

I know, i’m just being facetious. The Vikes defense is indeed supremely fraudlent though; we agree.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
You can enjoy it when your team wins OP

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/1602067968254525444

Like I said a few says ago: Reagor with famous last words.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
They should cut Reagor

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

C-Euro posted:

You can enjoy it when your team wins OP

Exactly, like of course the Lions aren’t going to make the playoffs, but drat dude just enjoy a fun young team and stop being a sourpuss

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

carry on then posted:

Oh cool, I watched literally this exact script play out last year with the Cardinals. The Vikings will now effectively lose out, giving up the division to another team, then lose the wildcard round in embarrassing fashion.

They need to literally lose out, not effectively lose out. And they could still win the division anyway if they do because the magic # is one, so if the Lions lose a game that also clinches the division.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Lions won’t make the playoffs, but at least the Vikings have been exposed as frauds

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Lions last four games are all winnable. They’ll probably be favored in all of them. I could see NYG or WAS, plus SEA losing 3 and they sneak in. It’s not likely, maybe 25% odds. Not out of the realm of possibility though.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Seahawks are currently losing to the Panthers and the Giants got crushed, so it's certainly possible.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1602049018372231171

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Hey this Brad Holmes fellow seems to be quite adept at drafting.

https://twitter.com/HonoluluBlues_/status/1602061354814291971

James Houston was a sixth round pick and this is his third career game. He has 4 sacks.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Lions won’t make the playoffs, but at least the Vikings have been exposed as frauds

10-3 playoff bound frauds

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

we've secretly retrofitted our Jared Goff with a cannon arm, let's see if anyone notices

https://twitter.com/E_Woodyard/status/1602017978446389249

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jordan Love is going to start against the Lions and pull a Matt Flynn before the Packers trade him for two firsts.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

Jordan Love is going to start against the Lions and pull a Matt Flynn before the Packers trade him for two firsts.

Nah. Packers lose to the Baker Mayfield Rams and Goff-led Lions, but inexplicably beat the Vikings.

(They lose to the Dolphins, too)

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

they use the 2 firsts to draft a SPARQ-y cornerback and a TRAITS DE.

Packers go 7-10 next year with the 20th ranked defense and rodgers ends up on the IR.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Panthers beating the Seahawks improves the Lions' draft position and playoff chances at the same time, that's what's up

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tinstaach posted:

The Panthers beating the Seahawks improves the Lions' draft position and playoff chances at the same time, that's what's up

A truly amazing season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

adaz posted:

they use the 2 firsts to draft a SPARQ-y cornerback and a TRAITS DE.

Packers go 7-10 next year with the 20th ranked defense and rodgers ends up on the IR.

I hope you're excited for Tyree Wilson!