Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I remember liking whatever that book was that was about the guy on Solaris and then the civil war between the stables or whatever. There was even a Clanner pilot going full retard in a Warhawk, challenging people to cross a bridge or something like Little John. I doubt it was well written, but it had giant robot fights galore.

I don't actually remember but bits and pieces of the old Battletech books I read and all my books are in a box at my parents house so I can't even read the back covers to remind myself which ones were cool to a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015

Zaodai posted:

I remember liking whatever that book was that was about the guy on Solaris and then the civil war between the stables or whatever. There was even a Clanner pilot going full retard in a Warhawk, challenging people to cross a bridge or something like Little John. I doubt it was well written, but it had giant robot fights galore.

I don't actually remember but bits and pieces of the old Battletech books I read and all my books are in a box at my parents house so I can't even read the back covers to remind myself which ones were cool to a child.

Illusions of Victory. I remember liking it more that the Capellan Solution novels.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

PoptartsNinja posted:

Wolves on the Border and Heir to the Dragon are both good. Wolf Pack is mediocre but sort-of completes the trilogy and sets up my personal favorites: Close Quarters, Hearts of Chaos, and Black Dragon.

The 17th Recon books are fun action-schlock, the supporting cast is fantastic (the only recurring character who doesn't experience some sort of character growth, good or bad, is Cowboy Peyton who exists almost entirely to make fun of characters who don't grow (mangled quote: "Kids all over grow up playin' Cowboys and Indians. We actually are Cowboys and Indians so I reckon that means we don't ever have to grow up!")), and they're pretty much the go-to books on the Draconis Combine.

"You low-down owl hoot" is still one of my favorite insults. Cowboy Peyton reminds me of a guy I grew up with. Bandy-legged redneck with a scarecrow body and a giant chip on his shoulder.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

PhotoKirk posted:

"You low-down owl hoot" is still one of my favorite insults. Cowboy Peyton reminds me of a guy I grew up with. Bandy-legged redneck with a scarecrow body and a giant chip on his shoulder.

Which is appropriate, since that's exactly how he's described. He's also 16 in the first novel, give or take a year or three.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Orders Submitted

’Sag’ to walk to 1518, facing 1517, and fire the ERPPC and x2 LPL at the Donor CSH#1 in 1110.

Captain Dupont will mutter to herself, “You know, with the amount of hardware on this polluted dirt-ball today, you’d figure these ‘reinforcements’ can find their own fight somewhere else.”

Will be on travel starting tomorrow for the next week or so, discussion participation will be limited.

Orders will still be submitted as scheduled.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Cascade Jones posted:

Illusions of Victory. I remember liking it more that the Capellan Solution novels.

This would be my vote for favorite BT novel as well, although I own a copy of far country and have moved it with me several times so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Budget Victor Davion Archer Christifori is still the worst recurring viewpoint character. At least Jeremiah Rose is insane enough that you get to wonder later whether or not he's a actually Wobbie plant with a cybernetic rear end in a top hat chip in his brain.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
I feel weird for liking the game of Battletech, yet never actually reading any of the novels. Don't really know why, either - it's not like I've shied away from ridiculous genre novels before.

Finally found a local shop that carries minis, so I have a source of IWM/RP models again. Especially because I got a couple of Urbies and my all-time favorite, the Helepolis. I love stupid mechs, and the ability to run a goofy lance that consists of mobile artillery robots is a dream come true. Thankfully, my group is cool with utilizing artillery from TacOps, so I get to rain mediocre destruction across the cityscape.

Campaign is off to a fun little start - initial mercenary missions ended with good feelings all around and laughing at the swinginess of things. Best result so far was a TAC that blew the arm off a Hunchback in turn 3 or so of a point defense contract. Said Hunchback proceeded to take no further damage despite multiple turns of focused fire on it. Kinda glad I was running OpFor against it, as it completely wrecked my attempts to take their position. Lefty the Hunchback gets bonus style points. Plus, the salvage contained a Hatchetman arm, and now they're trying to figure out how to fit that and the hatchet to make it a Hatchback.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Budget Victor Davion Archer Christifori is still the worst recurring viewpoint character. At least Jeremiah Rose is insane enough that you get to wonder later whether or not he's a actually Wobbie plant with a cybernetic rear end in a top hat chip in his brain.

The Archer novels are a hilarious example of "the author cares about this, so EVERYONE IN THE NOVEL is way into the same thing even though it has no real cultural meaning for either side" at least. He was one of the old-school sourcebook writers, though, so he probably had less oversight. So there's no chance of me being able to write a BT novel where everyone compares things to Final Fantasy 6.

Hedningen posted:

I feel weird for liking the game of Battletech, yet never actually reading any of the novels. Don't really know why, either - it's not like I've shied away from ridiculous genre novels before.

Full disclosure: you're better off keeping it that way.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 27, 2017

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Defiance Industries posted:

The Archer novels are a hilarious example of "the author cares about this, so EVERYONE IN THE NOVEL is way into the same thing even though it has no real cultural meaning for either side" at least.

It is also weird in that based on those books everyone knows about the American Civil War and yet military tactics and strategy are somehow still pre-Napoleonic for no reason.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Fraction Jackson posted:

It is also weird in that based on those books everyone knows about the American Civil War and yet military tactics and strategy are somehow still pre-Napoleonic for no reason.

I think the idea that Victor's side comparing Archer to Stonewall Jackson in propaganda fliers has any meaning when the primary ethnicities are German, Scottish/Irish, Indian/Pakistani and Japanese is odder, somehow

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015

I think the idea that Victor's side comparing Archer to Stonewall Jackson in propaganda fliers has any meaning when the primary ethnicities are German, Scottish/Irish, Indian/Pakistani and Japanese is odder, somehow

I know I owned at one point all of Pardoe's Battletech novels, but I don't think I ever read them. Anytime someone in the thread mentions Archer Christofori I check Saran thinking "isn't he the Lyran commander from Coventry?", and then I am disappointed.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

I mean there were a lot of Scottish/Irish settlers in the South, but I also can't really disagree otherwise.

Also I think Victor's side comparing one of their commanders to a Confederate general, when Victor's basic argument was that he was the actual legitimate authority and not Katherine who seceded from the FedCom, was also pretty odd too, but I think we've both established that the whole thing didn't really make a lot of sense from word one anyway so it's really just a matter of documenting the level of nonsense.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Full disclosure: you're better off keeping it that way.

You ain't lying. The only reason I read through 'Twilight of the Clans' was so that I can make valid comments about BTech books, and boy, was that a slog; I wanted to compare the sourcebook material to the 'story book' version, and yeah, if you want to learn about BTech, just read the manuals and source material.

Fraction Jackson posted:

I mean there were a lot of Scottish/Irish settlers in the South, but I also can't really disagree otherwise.

Also I think Victor's side comparing one of their commanders to a Confederate general, when Victor's basic argument was that he was the actual legitimate authority and not Katherine who seceded from the FedCom, was also pretty odd too, but I think we've both established that the whole thing didn't really make a lot of sense from word one anyway so it's really just a matter of documenting the level of nonsense.

I suppose you just kinda gotta take it in the spirit in which it was written, which is to say, 'young adult' pop corn filler fiction. Its about as deep as a puddle because it was intended to be what way.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The entire FedCom was a mess. Not the FedCom Civil War. The entire FedCom. it was a nonsense idea from go. Who comes up with a government where the younger brother of the crown isn't just a regent or viceroy or governor, but the actual, legal Archon when court leaves planet? "Hmm yes this will never be abused," said Hanse, as bad at writing a governing document as he is at being a father.

Victor names his heir Yvonne as Regent, which means that she can never rule the Federated Suns, because he's an idiot. And then Katherine goes and delegitimizes her own government (which Victor recognized at the original Star League conference) by not waiting for like nine more months before moving in. If she'd waited just a little longer she'd have lead the 1st Royal Guard for five years and could have just ruled the FS free and clear. Somehow nobody cared about any of that, though?

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 27, 2017

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

The entire FedCom was a mess. Not the FedCom Civil War. The entire FedCom. it was a nonsense idea from go. Who comes up with a government where the younger brother of the crown isn't just a regent or viceroy or governor, but the actual, legal Archon when court leaves planet? "Hmm yes this will never be abused," said Hanse, as bad at writing a governing document as he is at being a father.

Victor names his heir Yvonne as Regent, which means that she can never rule the Federated Suns, because he's an idiot. And then Katherine goes and delegitimizes her own government (which Victor recognized at the original Star League conference) by not waiting for like nine more months before moving in. If she'd waited just a little longer she'd have lead the 1st Royal Guard for five years and could have just ruled the FS free and clear. Somehow nobody cared about any of that, though?

In a setting where there's a nation that's been ruled under emergency powers for almost 300 years, and the treaty governing the rules of interstellar warfare is like 5 clauses long, the legal basis of the FedCom being a train wreck was kind of a foregone conclusion.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

The entire FedCom was a mess. Not the FedCom Civil War. The entire FedCom. it was a nonsense idea from go.

That's a feature, not a bug.

It was always meant to be a mess because that served the purpose of the time-line, which is to say, it gave us the eventual Civil War.

Else, the FedCom would just steam-roll the rest of the Inner Sphere, the Wobbies could then argue that this was the 'Star League' reborn, and ComStar could have consolidated the way it always intended to do.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I started at the very beginning with "Sword and Dagger', then the first three GDL books, then right into the Warrior and Blood of Kerensky books...and then I stopped for years and only read Battletech novels intermittently ever after. :shrug:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Fraction Jackson posted:

In a setting where there's a nation that's been ruled under emergency powers for almost 300 years, and the treaty governing the rules of interstellar warfare is like 5 clauses long, the legal basis of the FedCom being a train wreck was kind of a foregone conclusion.

You seem to be under the misconception there is a treaty governing the rules of interstellar warfare. There hasn't been one since Ian Cameron repealed it five hundred years ago.

CourValant posted:

That's a feature, not a bug.

It was always meant to be a mess because that served the purpose of the time-line, which is to say, it gave us the eventual Civil War.

Else, the FedCom would just steam-roll the rest of the Inner Sphere, the Wobbies could then argue that this was the 'Star League' reborn, and ComStar could have consolidated the way it always intended to do.

Well that's the problem, it serves the purposes of the storyline, but the things that people do don't make sense because any idiot should be able to see the consequences. If I wanted that I'd go back to watching Game of Thrones.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

You seem to be under the misconception there is a treaty governing the rules of interstellar warfare. There hasn't been one since Ian Cameron repealed it five hundred years ago.

The point wasn't that it was actually still in force, but more that the only text that there actually is from that particular thing is so minimal that it may as well not ever have existed anyway.

What I'm trying to say is that lawyers are apparently lostech.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Gotta have law to have lawyers.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Fraction Jackson posted:

What I'm trying to say is that lawyers are apparently lostech.

It was not considered in any way unusual that Hanse Davion showed up in the Capellan March to personally judge the trial of Justin Xiang-Allard, so either court cases rarely happen in the Federated Suns or Hanse was in the habit of personally presiding over the dumbest poo poo.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

It was not considered in any way unusual that Hanse Davion showed up in the Capellan March to personally judge the trial of Justin Xiang-Allard, so either court cases rarely happen in the Federated Suns or Hanse was in the habit of personally presiding over the dumbest poo poo.

Been reading up a lot on WW1 history and the kind of nobility generals of the time would absolutely 100% pull this kind of bullshit all the time, especially if there was some offensive they were supposed to commanding with 200,000 plus men dying was going on at the time. Hell the trigger for world war 1 was austria-hungry demanding to send their own royalty to judge in the Serbian court over the assassination of their archduke.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I seem to remember that a few of the Caesars dismissed all of the magistrates so they could preside over every lawsuit personally. Some people just want to use their power as much as possible.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

I remember thinking how weird it was in Impetus of War that the Northwind Highlanders had dropships named Bull Run and Stonewall Jackson. It's just Pardoe's turgid boner for the Confederacy poking through the pages. I imagine the protagonist of Exodus Road was named Star Captain Longstreet until the editors forced him to change it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Unless I read it wrong, wasn't the trial on New Avalon?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skoll posted:

Unless I read it wrong, wasn't the trial on New Avalon?

You're probably right, it's been ages since I read it. In my head it didn't make sense to pull Justin that far for a treason trial, when they could've just Space Lynched him on Kittery. For some reason that courtroom felt way too rustic to be on New Avalon, but given that Hanse Davion rules an empire of dirt it probably still makes sense.

an oddly awful oud posted:

I remember thinking how weird it was in Impetus of War that the Northwind Highlanders had dropships named Bull Run and Stonewall Jackson. It's just Pardoe's turgid boner for the Confederacy poking through the pages. I imagine the protagonist of Exodus Road was named Star Captain Longstreet until the editors forced him to change it.

I am not a fan of Pardoe. Stackpole did the exploding `Mech thing one time under very specific circumstances back in the early 90s when "what happens when [any type of] reactor goes critical?" was assumed to be "it explodes."

Pardoe used "Stackpoling" egregiously. If a `Mech just randomly detonates it's probably Pardoe writing.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 27, 2017

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Hedningen posted:

Finally found a local shop that carries minis, so I have a source of IWM/RP models again. Especially because I got a couple of Urbies and my all-time favorite, the Helepolis. I love stupid mechs, and the ability to run a goofy lance that consists of mobile artillery robots is a dream come true. Thankfully, my group is cool with utilizing artillery from TacOps, so I get to rain mediocre destruction across the cityscape.

Campaign is off to a fun little start - initial mercenary missions ended with good feelings all around and laughing at the swinginess of things. Best result so far was a TAC that blew the arm off a Hunchback in turn 3 or so of a point defense contract. Said Hunchback proceeded to take no further damage despite multiple turns of focused fire on it. Kinda glad I was running OpFor against it, as it completely wrecked my attempts to take their position. Lefty the Hunchback gets bonus style points. Plus, the salvage contained a Hatchetman arm, and now they're trying to figure out how to fit that and the hatchet to make it a Hatchback.

I bought dozens of novels and several technical readouts from Barnes and Nobels as a kid, without every knowing there was a game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

You're probably right, it's been ages since I read it. In my head it didn't make sense to pull Justin that far for a treason trial, when they could've just Space Lynched him on Kittery. For some reason that courtroom felt way too rustic to be on New Avalon, but given that Hanse Davion rules an empire of dirt it probably still makes sense.

IIRC they brought him to New Avalon so he could get that replacement arm at NAIS. Then the trial happened.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah, you're right. I keep forgetting about his robot arm.

Mostly because it doesn't matter that Justin's only about a half-step removed from being BattleTech's Tao Pai Pai.

Edit: Fun fact, the rotors are the only part of a Donar that can survive an AC/20 hit.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 27, 2017

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yeah, you're right. I keep forgetting about his robot arm.

Mostly because it doesn't matter that Justin's only about a half-step removed from being BattleTech's Tao Pai Pai.

Edit: Fun fact, the rotors are the only part of a Donar that can survive an AC/20 hit.

It's only memorable cause it has a frickin' laser beam in it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

BattleTech's Tao Pai Pai would have to be a Manei Domini, right?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

BattleTech's Tao Pai Pai would have to be a Manei Domini, right?

Let's compare the two:

One is a devious Chinese cyborg with a gun in his forearm who's personally trained a self-conscious son to become the strongest human to ever live. This son hangs around with a short self-destructive clown.

The other is Tao Pai Pai.

Edit: A short self-destructive clown.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 27, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Let's compare the two:

One is a devious Chinese cyborg with a gun in his forearm who's personally trained a self-conscious son to become the strongest human to ever live. This son hangs around with a short self-destructive clown.

The other is Tao Pai Pai.

Edit: A short self-destructive clown.

:drat:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, a Donar survived a salvo from the Hunchie then?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

You'd think a big rear end chunk of metal slamming into it at speed would still send it for a loop.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

You'd think a big rear end chunk of metal slamming into it at speed would still send it for a loop.

Rotor hits always reduce speed, but they're never considered to be direct hits (it's always the rotor striking the side of a shell or some debris or passing through a laser for a fraction of a second rather than the shell striking the rotor and exploding). They used to always be direct hits which meant a single rotor hit from anything was always death and the rotor crit table never got used.

The current rules are much more playable.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Rotor hits always reduce speed, but they're never considered to be direct hits (it's always the rotor striking the side of a shell or some debris or passing through a laser for a fraction of a second rather than the shell striking the rotor and exploding). They used to always be direct hits which meant a single rotor hit from anything was always death and the rotor crit table never got used.

The current rules are much more playable.

Is it still 20 damage though, or do they take reduced damage unless its flak ammo or something?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

Is it still 20 damage though, or do they take reduced damage unless its flak ammo or something?

Rotors take 1/10th normal damage (rounded up) per hit, but each individual hit reduces the VTOL's speed automatically. I vastly prefer the way rotor hit mechanics work to the motive system damage table. Rotor damage is quick and easy to remember.

I haven't been rolling sideslip this match, if any of them eats a stabilizer hit (which is the only time sideslip matters) I'll start.

Edit: Unlike Ferro-Lamellor, the rotor 1/10th doesn't reduce damage to 0, so a single LB-X Autocannon is every helicopter's bane.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Konpei Island Update 13

“I will pry open the DropShip,” Haruka wasn’t certain how he’d let Robert talk him into this. He was a native of Bearclaw, a taken as isorla in a raid on a training crèche. The Hell’s Horses had done so solely to infuriate their Ghost Bear neighbors by seizing a promising young cadre of trainees and assigning the entire lot to the technician caste. Well into his thirties, the thought of rebellion filled the former Ghost Bear with an unnamable dread. And yet here he was, piloting a BattleMech as he’d always dreamed. He’d taught the others all he knew about BattleMech operations as they’d assembled their combat-ready “LaborMechs.”

The Roughneck, Haruka felt, was nothing spectacular. None of them were especially familiar with BattleMech design: Robert had been an office worker before the Hell’s Horses had conscripted him for the `Mech factory. Saiko had been a “Candy Striper,” a non-military police officer of a sort that had baffled Haruka for months. The idea of civilian personnel being allowed to carry weapons and police the actions of other civilian caste members had been foreign and frightening. Takumi had been a schoolteacher, but her will was indomitable. None of them knew how to estimate how much ammunition was too much, or how much might be enough.

They’d all assembled their machines in their own way, with Robert taking the bare minimum ammunition and Takumi taking enough for a protracted siege. Energy weapons were scarce and hard to come by, but the Clans barely seemed to pay attention to the lighter Autocannons. The Hell’s Horses disdained even the advanced LB-10X design carried by the Combine’s infamous Wolf Trap, no weapon that didn’t meet their exacting standards would be assigned to a Clan line unit. It was easy enough to “miscount” an inventory of the dross. Haruka had been the boss of that warehouse, Robert’s plan to hide the stolen weapons in the chassis of extendable cranes or other salvage equipment had been inspired. The Hell’s Horses simply lacked the personnel to inspect everything that walked off the Konpei Island factory line—if it looked like a LoaderMech and moved like a LoaderMech, as far as the Horses were concerned, it was a LoaderMech.

“We can open the DropShip once we are no longer under fire,” Robert chastised. He’d become their leader as a matter of course, he’d worked hard and hadn’t been afraid to get his hands dirty right alongside the other technicians of Factory Seventeen who’d made their little rebel lance possible. Whatever Robert’s true motives were, he was driven.

“Let us get a little revenge on the Hell’s Horses for our troubles,” Haruka could practically hear Robert’s smile. “Give that Summoner something else to worry about, or target one of those Helicopters. You can do this, Haruka. It’s time to wreak vengeance on those who’ve taken away everything we ever wanted.”

Shooting Phase
Monitor #1
- Attacks Donar CS2 with Assault Autocannon (5 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Attacks Donar CS2 with Assault Autocannon (5 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 10): rolled 11, hit Left Side (0/14 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!

Monitor #3
- Attacks Donar CS2 with Assault Autocannon (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 11): rolled 5, miss!
- Attacks Donar CS2 with Assault Autocannon (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 11): rolled 4, miss!

Monitor #5
- Attacks Donar MS4 with Assault Autocannon (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Attacks Donar MS4 with Assault Autocannon (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 11): rolled 11, hit Rotors (0/2 armor remaining)! Movement reduced!

Monitor #11
- Attacks Donar MS4 with Assault Autocannon (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Attacks Donar MS4 with Assault Autocannon (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 11): rolled 8, miss!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires PPC at Donar MS2 (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 8): rolled 10, hit Rotors (1/2 armor remaining)! Movement reduced!
- Fires PPC at Donar MS2 (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Side (4/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Donar CS3 (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborn target + 1 secondary target = 11): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Donar CS3 (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborn target + 1 secondary target = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Donar CS3 (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborn target + 1 secondary target = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Donar CS3 (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborn target + 1 secondary target = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 32!

Sagittaire (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Donar CS1 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Donar CS1 (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborn target - 1 pulse laser = 12): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Donar CS1 (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborn target - 1 pulse laser = 12): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 36 heat, sinks 34!

Hatamoto-Chi (Player)
- Fires PPC at Summoner (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Summoner (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 9, 4 missiles hit Right Torso (20/22 armor remaining), Center Torso (15/27 armor remaining), Left Arm (15/17 armor remaining), Left Torso (20/22 armor remaining (TAC!)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Summoner (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Left Arm (13/17 armor remaining), Left Arm (11/17 armor remaining), Center Torso (13/27 armor remaining), Center Torso (11/27 armor remaining)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Mauler (Player)
- Primary target already destroyed!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Donar MS4 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 10): rolled 10, hit Right Side (6/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 at Donar MS4 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Donar MS4 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Donar MS4 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Donar MS4 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 airborn target = 10): rolled 11, hit Rotor (2/3 structure remaining)! Movement Reduced! Crit!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 22!

Hunchback (Player)
- Fires Assault Autocannon at Donar MS1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 aerial target = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Donar MS1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 aerial target = 6): rolled 9, hit Front (1/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Donar MS1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 aerial target = 6): rolled 6, hit Front (0/16 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Donar MS1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 aerial target = 6): rolled 9, hit Front!
- Fires Medium Laser at Donar MS1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 aerial target = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Donar MS1 (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 aerial target = 6): rolled 9, hit Front!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 24!

Naginata (Player)
- Primary target already destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 30!

JagerMech (Player)
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Donar CS3 (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 aerial target + 2 minimum range - 1 anti-aircraft targeting = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Side (9/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Donar CS3 (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 aerial target + 2 minimum range - 1 anti-aircraft targeting = 9): rolled 10, hit Rear (6/11 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Donar CS3 (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 aerial target + 2 minimum range - 1 anti-aircraft targeting = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Donar CS3 (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 aerial target + 2 minimum range - 1 anti-aircraft targeting = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Donar CS3 (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 aerial target - 1 anti-aircraft targeting = 7): rolled 7, hit Rear (1/11 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Donar CS3 (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 aerial target - 1 anti-aircraft targeting = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Side (9/14 armor remaining)!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 20!

Summoner
- Torso twists to threaten hex 1131!
- Aims carefully and fires ER Large Laser at the Hatamoto Chi’s Right Torso (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement +3 targeting computer = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Aims carefully and fires ER Large Laser at the Hatamoto Chi’s Right Torso (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement +3 targeting computer = 8): rolled 11, rolls 7 to confirm hit Right Torso (8/17 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Aims carefully and fires ER Medium Laser at the Hatamoto Chi’s Right Torso (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement +3 targeting computer = 8): rolled 8, rolls 6 to confirm hit Right Torso (3/17 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Aims carefully and fires ER Medium Laser at the Hatamoto Chi’s Right Torso (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement +3 targeting computer = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Hatamoto Chi (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, fails to lock-on!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 38!

Ha Otoko
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 13!

Stone Rhino
- Holds fire!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 20!

Donar CS1
- No Line of Sight to target!

Donar CS2
- Primary target out of range!

Donar CS3
- Fires Heavy Medium Laser at Naginata (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Heavy Medium Laser at Naginata (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires One-shot Streak SRM-2 at Naginata (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, fails to lock-on!
- Fires One-shot Streak SRM-2 at Naginata (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 6, fails to lock-on!

Donar MS1
- Fires ATM-12 (ER) at Naginata (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, 8 missiles hit Rear Left Torso (0/8 armor, 9/20 structure remaining (Crit!)), Rear Center Torso (11/14 armor remaining)!

Donar MS2
- Fires ATM-12 (HE) at Hatamoto Chi (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 4, miss!

Donar MS3
- Fires ATM-12 (ER) at Mauler (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!

Donar MS4
- Fires ATM-12 (ER) at BattleMaster (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 3, miss!

RGH-1A1 Roughneck #1
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon (Cluster) at Donar MS2 (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 3 flak = 11): rolled 10, miss!

End Phase:
Summoner
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - ER Small Laser damaged!
- - Targeting Computer damaged!

Donar MS4
- Critical chance in Rotor: rolled 8: rotor damaged! Movement Reduced!

Hatamoto Chi (Player)
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - SRM-6 damaged!
- - SRM-6 destroyed!

Naginata (Player)
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!

Player Status:

Ally? Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Special weapon and minimum range rules are in effect!

Primary Objectives
- Join forces with Isoroku Kurita (Complete)
- Destroy enemy reinforcements (3/8 remaining)!

Secondary Objectives
- Avoid damaging the Luthien Armor Works Facility (13/17 remaining)
- Secure the Monitor Naval Vessels (4/16)

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

• Locked thread