Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Anyone posted the Polestar 4 yet? There's no rear windscreen, just a camera. I'm sure it's fine. If designers think you don't need glass why not just box the entire car up, get rid of the glass entirely? Oh it ISN'T a good idea? Then put the loving rear windscreen in you dipshits.

https://twitter.com/CARandDRIVER/status/1648141518236971008?t=nP22SpSy-qKbDc6WrgXo9Q&s=19

In the future we'll all be driving Cyberpunk 2077 Nomad cars with no windows and holographic projections on the inside where the windows should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Anyone posted the Polestar 4 yet? There's no rear windscreen, just a camera. I'm sure it's fine. If designers think you don't need glass why not just box the entire car up, get rid of the glass entirely? Oh it ISN'T a good idea? Then put the loving rear windscreen in you dipshits.

https://twitter.com/CARandDRIVER/status/1648141518236971008?t=nP22SpSy-qKbDc6WrgXo9Q&s=19

GM had an option to add a rear camera view to the rear view mirror because the visibility out of the tiny slit back window was so bad otherwise.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

"Rear camera subscription lapsed. Deactivating exterior view. Car will slow to a stop and automatically engage park."

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Why is all of the glass on cars migrating up to the roof?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

It's spawning season.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Haha I guess I’m never buying a car again at this rate.

*zooms off on pedal assist bicycle*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m just mad enterprise will try to tell me that Buick is an suv and say it’s bigger than a sedan

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Russian Bear posted:

Haha I guess I’m never buying a car again at this rate.

*zooms off on pedal assist bicycle*

:same:
but also
[gets hit by 5 ton Humv-E]

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

GM had an option to add a rear camera view to the rear view mirror because the visibility out of the tiny slit back window was so bad otherwise.

I settled on using the rear camera mirror on a Camaro SS rental because of the limited visibility through the standard mirror. Camera mirrors would've been preferable for the side mirrors too because of how tiny the side mirrors were

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Speaking as a mole person, this is a loathsome trend that apparently won't stop. The sun is my enemy.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This is Tesla level loving stupid. No rear window??? Another turd of a SUV with a truly (redacted) liftback that takes away any reason for a SUV int he first palce? Just gently caress right off you dumb poo poo car company

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Another turd of a SUV with a truly (redacted) liftback that takes away any reason for a SUV int he first palce?

That's actually what an SUV is at its heart tho, a turd of a vehicle that lacks redeeming features as a car.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Honestly the no rear window thing doesn't bother me as much as capacitive buttons and piano black plastic.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/FordMustang/status/1648674279897067520

I was just saying Mustang drivers aren't annoying enough.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
2024 Lexus LM - their version of the Alphard/Vellfire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m08W_mNg5Nc

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

genuine laugh at the grille reveal

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

BuckyDoneGun posted:

pretty much targeted at the east/southeast Asian market.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Powershift posted:

This is called knowing your market.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Wake up babies that tired parents managed to finally put down. Interrupt work calls that people may be taking from their home office. Ensure that night shift worker has a spectacularly lovely day for their minimum wage job stocking shelves at Walmart tomorrow. Make everyone around you miserable while you play with your nosiemaker, consume fossil fuels, and dump noxious gases into the local air for no other reason than wanting to be a dick. See how with a Mustang.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Powershift posted:

I wonder what would happen if an accidental stoppage in the muffler presented during the remote action ...

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bull3964 posted:

Wake up babies that tired parents managed to finally put down. Interrupt work calls that people may be taking from their home office. Ensure that night shift worker has a spectacularly lovely day for their minimum wage job stocking shelves at Walmart tomorrow. Make everyone around you miserable while you play with your nosiemaker, consume fossil fuels, and dump noxious gases into the local air for no other reason than wanting to be a dick. See how with a Mustang.

Coming soon to all Harley Davidson Motorcycles, with 30 and 60 minute warm up programs and selectable dawn-following auto timer.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Ya the new crosstrek moved the xmode buttons etc into the touchscreen software, sooooo gently caress that

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Powershift posted:

How else are they supposed to hear that sweet, sweet tailpipe music? Can't let the ball and chain touch the 'stang, it's for MEN!

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

BuckyDoneGun posted:

This thing is awesome. Looks like something from Mass Effect 2, which is alright in my book.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/land-rover-name-killed-off-after-75-years-as-part-of-jlrs-dramatic-plans/283002

Jaguar Land Rover to become JLR and dump the Land Rover brand, focusing on Jaguar, Discovery, Defender and Range Rover. Except in some cases where they will still use the brand "as a quality mark". LOLOLOLOLOL

For fucks sake, some real business geniuses at work here.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
LMAO

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Speaking of the dead - the Kia Stinger, the car every online enthusiast wanted, is dead after 2023. I said it would just be another version of the Mazda 929 but it appears I was wrong - it was even less successful than that car here. Who knew that nobody actually wanted a fat 5dr. fastback sedan with horrendous reliability? I do seem to recall it’s boosters saying it would kill off the 86/BRZ( two cars it, uh, doesn’t actually compete with). I wonder what they have to say now.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

BuckyDoneGun posted:

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/land-rover-name-killed-off-after-75-years-as-part-of-jlrs-dramatic-plans/283002

Jaguar Land Rover to become JLR and dump the Land Rover brand, focusing on Jaguar, Discovery, Defender and Range Rover. Except in some cases where they will still use the brand "as a quality mark". LOLOLOLOLOL

For fucks sake, some real business geniuses at work here.

They didn't specify "good quality".

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

wesleywillis posted:

They didn't specify "good quality".

Relative to Jaguar and Range Rover...

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

SlowBloke posted:

I wonder what would happen if an accidental stoppage in the muffler presented during the remote action ...

The very same demo would shoot you if they caught you loving around with their car.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Frond posted:

Speaking of the dead - the Kia Stinger, the car every online enthusiast wanted, is dead after 2023. I said it would just be another version of the Mazda 929 but it appears I was wrong - it was even less successful than that car here. Who knew that nobody actually wanted a fat 5dr. fastback sedan with horrendous reliability? I do seem to recall it’s boosters saying it would kill off the 86/BRZ( two cars it, uh, doesn’t actually compete with). I wonder what they have to say now.

Yeah I thought it was firmly in the GT category

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Goddamnit teh 929 was a pretty car inside and out.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

smooth jazz posted:

Goddamnit teh 929 was a pretty car inside and out.

My family owned both gens. They were very nice.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Frond posted:

Dang, are they known to have reliability problems? I haven't had any with my 2018 but I haven't put a ton of miles on it either. 2023 is the last MY but I was honestly surprised it made it that far, I was expecting it to be killed off for 2022. I figured people like me who wanted a fast and fun family sedan with the utility of a liftback would snatch one up, then after a few thousand units we'd all have our fill and they'd get back to making more boring suv's. I've been on a stinger forum website since well before the car's release and never saw a single person imply it'd be competing with the 86, but to be fair there are a lot of dumb car forums out there.

I will say I just put the summer wheels back on it earlier this week and the pilot sport 4's are such a nicer ride than the blizzaks I use in the winter.

Edit: I guess this wasn't a reliability issue but I did completely forget the part where they messed up the yellow paint at the factory and had to repaint all the metal body panels for which they wrote me a $5k check for the hassle. I enjoyed the money but was surprised considering how great the paint on my 2012 optima is still doing.

davebo fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 22, 2023

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I mean I kind of like the Defender 90 in pure non luxury utility trim, should cost $10k less tho

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

davebo posted:

Dang, are they known to have reliability problems? I haven't had any with my 2018 but I haven't put a ton of miles on it either.

I asked my mechanic about Stingers and he said they are amazing for the first 30k miles and after that they kind of poo poo the bed. He said they just haven't figured out how to build for reliability and are still sorting out a lot of issues they've carried over from the past. The newer generations look great but don't really hold up over time at least from what he's told me.

Which is great because I was there for an oil change on our 2023 Sorento.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

On Terra Firma posted:

I asked my mechanic about Stingers and he said they are amazing for the first 30k miles and after that they kind of poo poo the bed. He said they just haven't figured out how to build for reliability and are still sorting out a lot of issues they've carried over from the past. The newer generations look great but don't really hold up over time at least from what he's told me.

Which is great because I was there for an oil change on our 2023 Sorento.

What kind of making GBS threads the bed? Given that it has a 10y/100k powertrain warranty are people getting two transmissions and a turbo replacement under warranty or something?

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

What kind of making GBS threads the bed? Given that it has a 10y/100k powertrain warranty are people getting two transmissions and a turbo replacement under warranty or something?

Pretty much. Getting the dealers to honor the warranty is a gigantic pain in the rear end. We have a leak in the oil pan and something is up with the front brakes and the dealer is being dodgy about even looking at either of those items.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Twerk from Home posted:

The four cylinder is the same Theta-II from the Optima/Sonata/Santa Fe etc and there is a class action for catastrophic failure on those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Yeah I guess that's worrying but I've got 99k miles on the theta II engine (which had a recall issue but mine's been fine) with no issues. Stinger only has 16k but now that I'm carting my kid back and forth to school the miles will start adding up eventually. Guess I'll hope for the best.
When choosing a pre-school-through-5th-grade my wife gave me the suggestions of a church school that'd be shorter distance, sitting in traffic with a ton of stoplights on the same street I drove to work for 20 years, or a secular school that'd be more miles, but shorter time, going against morning traffic, on the road in Maryland that inspired the song "Country Road" then turns to one with a huge chicane that my son calls "the big turn." I told her I was more comfortable with a secular education. The Stinger may not be my old Corvette, but it sure beats the SUV's all the other parents have.