Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i wish id bought the shattered glass blurr. i love the shattered glass stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Does anyone have The Ark yet? How mad at myself will I be for not ordering one?

Having played with one, probably not... so long as they release Mainframe in comics colors.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I just got an email from Pulse that my Earth-mode Mirage/beast Grimlock pack will be shipping soon. I guess they came in early.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i wish id bought the shattered glass blurr. i love the shattered glass stuff

There's a Shattered Glass comic mini out now, well the first issue.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BooDooBoo posted:

Having played with one, probably not... so long as they release Mainframe in comics colors.

I mean, Titan Class figures are all chonk. They're all basically the same besides Devastator.

Yeah, I said it.

... also yeah, I've got the Ark preordered as well as a kit that covers the gaps in spaceship mode and partsforms to calves.

Also, hey, if anyone ever wanted MMC Carnifex (IDW Overlord) now might be your chance, BBTS says they have a preorder with a minimum order quantity requirement for production. That's probably minimum preordered TOTAL, not from BBTS, so check your favorite shops, I guess. The reissue includes the extra G1 head, chest plates, extra vehicle guns, and powermasters they made in the upgrade upgrade kit.

Carnifex is pretty dang good. I've been casually looking for the Spartan harpoon that took out his eye in the comics for some Spartan/Carnifex posing but it's a pretty rare preorder bonus.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Does anyone have The Ark yet? How mad at myself will I be for not ordering one?

I didn’t get one just because the robot mode doesn’t really do anything for me. I did manage to pick up a cybertronian mode bumblebee at Target today, and managed to hunt down a medic pack at a reasonable price so Earth Mode Ratchet is here :sun:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Last Call posted:

There's a Shattered Glass comic mini out now, well the first issue.

The SG Blurr figure comes with it, so I guess I'll read that one. I didn't grab any of the other new ones since I don't think they look great, but Blurr can chill with Prime and Ratchet.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

... also yeah, I've got the Ark preordered as well as a kit that covers the gaps in spaceship mode and partsforms to calves.

What kit might this be? The gaps aren't a dealkiller for me but I wouldn't mind them gone.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Half the Battle Toys on FB and Instagram is making some very nice flush ones.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Diaclone_log/status/1426378047914188803

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

OH poo poo

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

If anyone else is similarly desperate for a robot Triceratops, Gamestop has Slag in stock: https://www.gamestop.com/collectibl...l?condition=New

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Knormal posted:

If anyone else is similarly desperate for a robot Triceratops, Gamestop has Slag in stock: https://www.gamestop.com/collectibl...l?condition=New

Thank you! I've been searching for this guy since he started showing up at Targets.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

What kit might this be? The gaps aren't a dealkiller for me but I wouldn't mind them gone.

I bought (well, preordered) it from this listing. There are also eye light effects and that Shockwave's Lab launcher on there. As with a lot of add-on kits, it's not that cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-sale-F...1-127632-2357-0

There may be other places to buy it. sweetmall-1 hasn't failed me yet, I've bought a bunch of Transformers add-on kits from them.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Joe Fisto posted:

Thank you! I've been searching for this guy since he started showing up at Targets.

FYI this is on sale today for 39.99

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
drat its sold out. Does Amazon price match? :)

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Holy poo poo, there's an "Autobot Saber" coming out and I guess it's Star Saber?

e: it's loving Star Saber and Victory Leo and it's a Pulse exclusive, god drat it Hasbro :argh: https://twitter.com/tfwiki/status/1431271660372496388

Zeether fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 27, 2021

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-victory-saber - full of pictures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
$180 ain't bad. I'm down.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

Agreed. I've seen all manner of really cool 3P star saber bots, hopefully the lab release is just as great.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Why are Star Saber’s forearms so hollow for a $180 toy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm gonna wait til we see colors and comparisons before I back but a CHUG Star Saber has been on my wish list for years. I just put my MP Saber/KFC Simba set up for sale, I'm ready for a lil version.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

So he can pull bouquets of flowers out of them

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The hollowness on the sides is for the hands to fold away, which they could have done something about.

The hollowness on the "bottom" is so that you can angle the sword forward on his wrist joint without the handle/pommel colliding with his sleeves. I guess you could spring load that but I bet there's already a LOT of moving parts.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Star Saber combines everything I didn't like about late G1 figures so I'm not interested, but congrats for those who want him. $180 seems very reasonable for that, I'm glad to see not all the crowdfunded stuff will be hundreds of dollars like Unicron and Galactus were.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Yea I'm gonna back it, I'm super interested. Plus 180 for both a Star Saber and a Victory Leo is a pretty good price I think.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Good Listener posted:

Yea I'm gonna back it, I'm super interested. Plus 180 for both a Star Saber and a Victory Leo is a pretty good price I think.

I'm leaning towards it as well, though I'd like to see a painted prototype if at all possible first.

It'll be red white and blue with some yellow 🙃

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Both of these. Make a flap at least, folks!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I still can't believe they designed Power of the Primes around a gimmick specifically so they could do a CHUG Star Saber, and then they decided to do a weird voting thing that meant they couldn't and instead botched together the feature into a bunch of figures that only half made sense for it.

Like a big part of how Generations scraping around for deep pulls is that these old characters/figures are already mostly overlooked by the fandom and reinvent them with modern technology and modern gimmicks to bring new life into the concept and create something people never knew they wanted.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

SlothfulCobra posted:

I still can't believe they designed Power of the Primes around a gimmick specifically so they could do a CHUG Star Saber, and then they decided to do a weird voting thing that meant they couldn't and instead botched together the feature into a bunch of figures that only half made sense for it.

Like a big part of how Generations scraping around for deep pulls is that these old characters/figures are already mostly overlooked by the fandom and reinvent them with modern technology and modern gimmicks to bring new life into the concept and create something people never knew they wanted.

This is a thing that has also bugged me for so many years. They did his exact gimmick and then he lost. Granted we didn't know they'd be doing that for the line but..still annoying. I DID vote for him back then though..

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’ll be keeping an eye on this.

Don’t really know much about the anime. Isn’t there a version of Convoy that combines with him or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God Ginrai was rebuilt into Victory Lio who combines with him.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

I bought (well, preordered) it from this listing. There are also eye light effects and that Shockwave's Lab launcher on there. As with a lot of add-on kits, it's not that cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-sale-F...1-127632-2357-0

There may be other places to buy it. sweetmall-1 hasn't failed me yet, I've bought a bunch of Transformers add-on kits from them.

I ordered A+B. Definitely improves the look.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

I ordered A+B. Definitely improves the look.

Same here, actually.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Phy posted:

Dragster Huffer

Huffster will be, just waiting on those nonnef wheels

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Victory Saber looks cool but the official Australian retail partner price is $369AUD ($269USD) which is a bit rich for me.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Knormal posted:

Star Saber combines everything I didn't like about late G1 figures so I'm not interested, but congrats for those who want him. $180 seems very reasonable for that, I'm glad to see not all the crowdfunded stuff will be hundreds of dollars like Unicron and Galactus were.

This is my feeling about it all the way. Totally not for me because I don’t care about Star Saber but I’m glad they are doing it because I know some people do, and also it gives me hope that maybe we’ll see some Transformers stuff that isn’t Unicron-expensive. Maybe the Monstercons!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So, Victory Leo becomes... platform shoes for Star Saber?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

So, Victory Leo becomes... platform shoes for Star Saber?

Platform shoes and a wing backpack.

OG Victory Saber has always been a lame combination. It's why I love the concept (NOT the execution) of Flametoys Victory Saber. Yeah it's just Genesic GaoGaiGar but at least all the components are being evenly distributed on Star Saber's body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
KFC Simba is a pretty good use of body parts for MP Star Saber.