Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Krispy Wafer posted:

The sea lion could easily be replaced by gun owning 2nd amendment types.

It's not meant to be something racist or bad like "I could do without Black people". It's warning against saying something aloud because you'll now get zerg rushed by stupid loving arguments like, "did you know the AR-15's bullet is very small" or "I bet you think AR stands for Assault Rifle."

Could also apply to Bitcoin and Gamergate.

Yeah the "excuse me my good sir" tone in the sea lion's words is a dead giveaway for the kind of people it's supposed to represent. An person from a minority group already poo poo on by people/society on a regular basis isn't going to respond like that to someone saying they shouldn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah the "excuse me my good sir" tone in the sea lion's words is a dead giveaway for the kind of people it's supposed to represent. An person from a minority group already poo poo on by people/society on a regular basis isn't going to respond like that to someone saying they shouldn't exist.

It's weird how the "my good" can change something from polite to insufferable.

My whole name is Jerry My Good Cotton.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bit weird that J.K. Rowling had to go to a bookshop to get a copy of her own book really.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Why the gently caress would you spend your bio description ranting about other people's bios on a dating site? I mean maybe you'd have a bit more luck if you didn't swim around in your own chunky poo poo no matter where you were, even places where you get to tailor your image for complete strangers.

Also, hiking and outdoors activities are boring? What is he looking for, "videogames and taking fatty microdicks up the rear end"?

THere's no point to pouting if no one can see that you're pouting.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
This all could have been avoided if the comic lady had just not talked poo poo about sea lions out of the blue.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sorry to go back a while, but is the contempt for "fake gamer girls, just pretending to like video games so that real gamer boys will like them" still a thing?

Oh God yes, the salt I got when I posted a selfie in a Mario t-shirt on Facebook was loving amazing.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Also, hiking and outdoors activities are boring? What is he looking for, "videogames and taking fatty microdicks up the rear end"?

He wants a manic pixie dream girl. Who's into things he likes smart things but is dumber than he is so she can always be impressed by him.

Of course, if he ever found her, he'd never recognize it, because he's convinced himself that every single girl is exactly the same and also that he's inherently unlovable because of some physical defect. (Any evidence of ugly guys getting ladies is, of course, just evidence of ladies using those guys for money while still loving Chad.)

Incels have crowdsourced self-harming delusions.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Puppy Time posted:

He wants a manic pixie dream girl. Who's into things he likes smart things but is dumber than he is so she can always be impressed by him.

Of course, if he ever found her, he'd never recognize it, because he's convinced himself that every single girl is exactly the same and also that he's inherently unlovable because of some physical defect. (Any evidence of ugly guys getting ladies is, of course, just evidence of ladies using those guys for money while still loving Chad.)

Incels have crowdsourced self-harming delusions.

It's fascinating how they bar all the exits from their nightmare world.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

It's fascinating how they bar all the exits from their nightmare world.

I will build myself an identity
With four ways in
And no way out

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

I will build myself an identity
With four ways in
And no way out

...and hookers, and loot crates!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My personality shall be a type of hat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

...and hookers, and loot crates!

They drive me crazy, they drive me insane

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just saw a video where a fat american woman was saying to McCain, that she couldn't possibly trust Obama because he was an "arab" and McCain had to defend Obama

My country has a lot of dumb people too but America is something special. It's like most of your population never learned critical thinking

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zzulu posted:

I just saw a video where a fat american woman was saying to McCain, that she couldn't possibly trust Obama because he was an "arab" and McCain had to defend Obama

My country has a lot of dumb people too but America is something special. It's like most of your population never learned critical thinking

the best part is that mccain didn't say "no, he's not an arab, and there's nothing wrong with arabs" and basically didn't refute her idea that arabs are evil. rest in piss

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Serf posted:

the best part is that mccain didn't say "no, he's not an arab, and there's nothing wrong with arabs" and basically didn't refute her idea that arabs are evil. rest in piss

Because as a sane person he probably realized he didn't have to reply to such an asinine comment

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's weird how the "my good" can change something from polite to insufferable.

My whole name is Jerry My Good Cotton.

Bless your heart.

Serf
May 5, 2011

cage-free egghead posted:

Because as a sane person he probably realized he didn't have to reply to such an asinine comment

nah, i reckon that as a racist he agreed with her sentiment, but needed to sidestep it because that was politics back then

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

You realize McCain never said Obama wasn't an Arab and he'd already rebuffed another speaker who said Obama was cohorting with terrorists. He ended his comment saying "he's not..." which can be construed in a couple of ways (not an Arab, not a bad person, not going to be heading back to the Senate after November).

McCain deserves poo poo for a lot of things, but nick-picking him for a stance he knew was costing him any chance at winning the election is certainly an interesting take.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

cage-free egghead posted:

Because as a sane person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Serf posted:

"He’s a decent family man - a citizen - that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues"

That's pretty refuting imo?

edit-- not saying McCain is good because he's not

Serf
May 5, 2011

Krispy Wafer posted:

You realize McCain never said Obama wasn't an Arab and he'd already rebuffed another speaker who said Obama was cohorting with terrorists. He ended his comment saying "he's not..." which can be construed in a couple of ways (not an Arab, not a bad person, not going to be heading back to the Senate after November).

McCain deserves poo poo for a lot of things, but nick-picking him for a stance he knew was costing him any chance at winning the election is certainly an interesting take.

none of those things sound like "arabs are not bad people"

and yeah, i'll gladly poo poo on child killers and warmongers all day

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mummy😂what😂are😂you😂going😂to😂do😂with😂that😂cactus😂why😂are😂you😂taking😂my😂clothes😂off😂you're😂lubing😂up😂the😂cactus😂that😂won't😂help😂mummy😂please😂stop😂mummy😂it😂doesn't😂feel😂good😂the😂cactus'😂spikes😂hurt😂mummy😂no😂don't😂insert😂it😂don't😂put😂it😂inside😂of😂me😂no😂mummy😂why😂are😂you😂doing😂this😂why😂must😂you😂reenact😂your😂own😂childhood😂using😂me😂as😂the😂medium😂mummy😂no😂it😂hurts😂so😂badly😂it's😂scraping😂my😂insides😂please😂mummy😂why😂are😂you😂cutting😂off😂my😂arms😂and😂legs😂why😂no😂don't😂leave😂me😂with😂this😂cactus😂inside😂of😂me😂mummy😂it's😂growing😂it's😂been😂a😂week😂and😂the😂cactus😂is😂nourished😂that's😂my😂bloods😂needles😂are😂growing😂they're😂growing😂through😂my😂internal😂organs😂mummy😂why😂did😂you😂leave😂me😂here😂I'm😂being😂invaded😂by😂a😂plant😂you😂hosed😂me😂with😂a😂cactus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

"He’s a decent family man - a citizen - that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues"

That's pretty refuting imo?

edit-- not saying McCain is good because he's not

People take issue with the fact that McCain's juxtapositioning of "He's an Arab" versus McCain vigorously shaking his head, taking back the microphone and declaring "He's a decent family man, a citizen, that I happen to disagree with ... he's not." suggests that Arabs and non-citizens are not decent family men. That probably isn't what McCain meant in that moment but considering the other racist and awful things he said in the campaign and his consistent track record of wanting to bomb the Middle East whenever humanly possible you can see why people don't want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Mummy😂what😂are😂you😂going😂to😂do😂with😂that😂cactus😂why😂are😂you😂taking😂my😂clothes😂off😂you're😂lubing😂up😂the😂cactus😂that😂won't😂help😂mummy😂please😂stop😂mummy😂it😂doesn't😂feel😂good😂the😂cactus'😂spikes😂hurt😂mummy😂no😂don't😂insert😂it😂don't😂put😂it😂inside😂of😂me😂no😂mummy😂why😂are😂you😂doing😂this😂why😂must😂you😂reenact😂your😂own😂childhood😂using😂me😂as😂the😂medium😂mummy😂no😂it😂hurts😂so😂badly😂it's😂scraping😂my😂insides😂please😂mummy😂why😂are😂you😂cutting😂off😂my😂arms😂and😂legs😂why😂no😂don't😂leave😂me😂with😂this😂cactus😂inside😂of😂me😂mummy😂it's😂growing😂it's😂been😂a😂week😂and😂the😂cactus😂is😂nourished😂that's😂my😂bloods😂needles😂are😂growing😂they're😂growing😂through😂my😂internal😂organs😂mummy😂why😂did😂you😂leave😂me😂here😂I'm😂being😂invaded😂by😂a😂plant😂you😂hosed😂me😂with😂a😂cactus

:stare:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Zzulu posted:

It's like most of your population never learned critical thinking

it's not 'like' that, that's exactly what the problem is

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

We have a handball player here in Sweden that regularly does this too. She posts about it on Instagram, and is very awesome. I met her at work this summer and she was awesome in person too. I’m glad that more people rip these assholes a new one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

vyelkin posted:

People take issue with the fact that McCain's juxtapositioning of "He's an Arab" versus McCain vigorously shaking his head, taking back the microphone and declaring "He's a decent family man, a citizen, that I happen to disagree with ... he's not." suggests that Arabs and non-citizens are not decent family men. That probably isn't what McCain meant in that moment but considering the other racist and awful things he said in the campaign and his consistent track record of wanting to bomb the Middle East whenever humanly possible you can see why people don't want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

She was conflating Arab with Muslim anyway, but I think it's pretty clear what she was trying to say (and not trying to say the n-word) was that Obama was not an American and some sort of sinister actor, and I think McCain was responding to what she was trying to say and not her literal words. Had he sat there silent for a second to ponder the question and the answered, there might be something there, but mostly it's internet people tring to prove how hard core left they are by assuming the absolute worst case reading of the situation is true so they can dunk on a dead man on twitter. There are plenty of actual reasons to dislike McCain if you wish, I don't agree that this is one of them.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/poppyingham/status/1038037934354653184

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

No one saw the man again. They say he was obliterated at a molecular level.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Oh, that is good. For anyone interested, this guy has some funky views which shouldn't be followed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Blanchard

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Somewhere, somehow, Harry Benjamin just felt a phantom kick in the nuts. 5/5.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Welcome to Gaming Gear Shop
Your Gaming Gear Marketplace that is totally lit!

His linkedin doesn't work, which I'm sure was removed after that screenshot started circulating

codo27 has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Sep 7, 2018

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Says a lot that his language most of the time is girls/men. Nothing implied by that at all.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/Ettin64/status/1038056473631191040

Nichegamer is new to me but apparently he's always been an idiot.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Oh man someone posted this in the replies:

https://twitter.com/GeorgeHughes/status/1038050360265502721

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Natural selection. A future Alpha in the post apocalyptic wasteland.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1037851464255909888?s=21

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1026525671466643457

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008