Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Bojanglesworth posted:

It does look pretty good from a distance, you're right. Lets see the up close.

That rear panel looks worse in person, as there's also some crunching on the corner above the taillights, the trim is spotty the whole way around, and those wheels make me a little ashamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Reichstag posted:

That rear panel looks worse in person, as there's also some crunching on the corner above the taillights, the trim is spotty the whole way around, and those wheels make me a little ashamed.

I dig it, I would drive that poo poo all day.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Reichstag posted:

There is so much meat on those tires it's distracting.

Colonel K
Jun 29, 2009
I love the wheels with decent profile tyres. Look far better than a lot of the rubber band crap about.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
looks fine to me, but then again the smallest tire I own is 28" tall and 75% profile (p225/75r15), and the biggest is 46" tall and 85% profile (395/85r20)...

I don't think I've worried about a pothole or speedbump in years.

:banjo:

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Did someone say worrying about a speedbump?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Did you lower it some more?
Forums superstar goes sort of low in absolute shocker. HOW WILL AI REACT?!

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Did somebody mention 75% profile tires? I'll play.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Steve McScene posted:

Did you lower it some more?
Forums superstar goes sort of low in absolute shocker. HOW WILL AI REACT?!

It has been this height for about two months or so now. I could go a little lower but there is no way I could drive. As it sits right now I get zero rubbing from the rims or tires, but under the car is pretty much on the ground.

Jackie the Mick
Nov 10, 2003
Don' say we neva did nuthin fah yuz.
I just got my '64 Lincoln out of mothballs after 3 years. It was my daily driver until the timing chain went...and I am a bit of a procrastinator. I went through a very rough time of sitting and staring at it, apparently prefering to bemoan the fact that it wasn't running than to actually fix it and be happy again. Strange. Anyway, a couple months ago I started working on it again in earnest, fixed the engine and various other things, then began doing detail stuff. All I have left now is to replace a muffler that is getting too loud and upgrade to a dual pot MC (something I should have done ages ago) and it will be "perfect".

And as a bonus, here is my grandmother's 1964 1/2 Mustang. About the same time I began with the Lincoln, she decided she wanted me to revive her car. It's been a lot more work because it had been sitting for 9 years (paint was wrecked, tires flat, everything needed something), but I think it is coming together nicely.

Mind you, before you start judging, these are being done to good driver quality. We don't show them or anything, we just really dig old cars.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Jackie the Mick posted:

I just got my '64 Lincoln out of mothballs after 3 years. It was my daily driver until the timing chain went...and I am a bit of a procrastinator. I went through a very rough time of sitting and staring at it, apparently prefering to bemoan the fact that it wasn't running than to actually fix it and be happy again. Strange. Anyway, a couple months ago I started working on it again in earnest, fixed the engine and various other things, then began doing detail stuff. All I have left now is to replace a muffler that is getting too loud and upgrade to a dual pot MC (something I should have done ages ago) and it will be "perfect".

gently caress me.

Jackie the Mick
Nov 10, 2003

Hello Spaceman posted:

gently caress me.

I know. Everytime I look at it I wonder why I let it sit for so long instead of driving it...or having sex in, on, or with it on a daily basis. Y'know, car guy stuff.

Here's another one, just 'cause.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Jackie the Mick posted:

:getin:

That is a beautiful car.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

I really like the hubcaps and whitewalls. Congrats on owning a lovely car man.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
That is a positively fantastic car in the best color possible :allears:

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
poo poo, if I wasn't driving that car for 3 years I'd use it as a bedroom.
Such a beauty.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
After a series of unfortunate circumstances, I now own a 2002 Ford Focus ZTS 5-speed!

I got it for $1500, all it needed was a new front right spring, 2 wheel bearings, and a coil pack.

It's not a bad little car, and it has every possible option, leather, power sunroof, power everything, cruise etc. It's not a 330Ci, but it will do for now, at least it's got 3 pedals!

Came with 15 inch wheels even though 16 is stock, but I think they look fine.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

This is what the American Dream looked like in the late 60s.

If I ever come across one and I have some extra money laying around, I will buy one and hire someone to drive me around in it. It's one of those cars that you can either drive or be driven in and still be noticed by everyone.

I can only imagine how many people stop you on a regular basis when you were driving it and tell you that it's a nice car and also how many kids are in awe at the way the rear doors open.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

screenwritersblues posted:

This is what the American Dream looks like.

I agree.

Jackie the Mick
Nov 10, 2003

screenwritersblues posted:

This is what the American Dream looked like in the late 60s.

If I ever come across one and I have some extra money laying around, I will buy one and hire someone to drive me around in it. It's one of those cars that you can either drive or be driven in and still be noticed by everyone.

I can only imagine how many people stop you on a regular basis when you were driving it and tell you that it's a nice car and also how many kids are in awe at the way the rear doors open.

It still is the American Dream. At least for me.

I've never owned anything but classic cars, so I am very used to people telling me I have a nice car (even if it isn't in very good shape at the time), or just coming up to me to talk about my car or cars in general. Many times it will be someone with a ridiculous story about something the supposedly had that to my knowledge never existed(my god, I have heard so many of these), but most of the time it is just someone who really admires cars and wants to compliment me on keeping mine running. As for the Linc specifically, this happens all the time. And yes, kids and adults alike LOVE the doors.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Jackie the Mick posted:

I know. Everytime I look at it I wonder why I let it sit for so long instead of driving it...or having sex in, on, or with it on a daily basis. Y'know, car guy stuff.

I'm sorry but this is probably the best luxury sedan ever. Especially these days, since its practically slides down the road compared to everything else around it.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Both cars are gorgeous, nice work. The '64 Continental has always been a favorite of mine, ever since I was 7 or 8 years old. I can't help but think that it would look better without the window tint. Nevertheless, it's beautiful.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I absolutely love that lincoln. It's funny that it was billed late 1960s - talk about a forward looking design for 1961.

Anyway my car is taking forever at the paint shop, it's been there since June 5 and these photos were taken today:

What recourse do I have if this guy goes over his cost estimate as much as his time estimate?

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 11, 2012

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I rejoined the Jeep club after being away for 13 years when I bought my first one.

First Jeep I ever bought and newest Jeep I just bought.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

AdmiralViscen posted:

What recourse do I have if this guy goes over his cost estimate as much as his time estimate?

That's a worry. What does your contract say about the price (please say you have a contract of some type).

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hi.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

beauty.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Jackie the Mick posted:

gently caress you man :(

I'll trade you my *anything*

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

economic haircut posted:

Wrapped in Matte White and Fake CF. Looks AWESOME!

Looks kinda similar :) :

Previous owner took it for a ride off road. I got it from him, turned it Lambo Murci Balloon White. 19/20" HRE setup on Nitto Invo's. Worlds Fastest Viper convertible. Absolute blast to drive

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

Absolute bad rear end car. The mid 60's lincoln will always be an iconic car. Awesome that you got it back up and running again. Being able to work on your own stuff makes it 10x more gratifying. What's the most common comment you get when driving it? Wouldn't surprise me if people have no idea about suicide doors.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

primaforce posted:

Looks kinda similar :) :

Previous owner took it for a ride off road. I got it from him, turned it Lambo Murci Balloon White. 19/20" HRE setup on Nitto Invo's. Worlds Fastest Viper convertible. Absolute blast to drive

You should get a better picture, balloon white looks awesome.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

mattfl posted:

I rejoined the Jeep club after being away for 13 years when I bought my first one.

First Jeep I ever bought and newest Jeep I just bought.

So much pleather bra on that TJ.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

Das Volk posted:

You should get a better picture, balloon white looks awesome.

I agree. The shop that built the car, sent me this one day (No I don't own the flanking lambo's).

I'm not going to keep the car much longer. Will likely sell in the next 60 days or so. I'll get some nice pictures done prior to selling for sure.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

primaforce posted:

Worlds Fastest Viper convertible.

Fastest or Quickest? And how whichever, quantify, please.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Fastest or Quickest? And how whichever, quantify, please.

1.4 60ft. 5.55@135 1/8 mile 8.57@157.9 1/4 mile

530", Striker Race Heads, 2 76mm turbo's, custom intake, billet everything, etc, etc

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

primaforce posted:

530", Striker Race Heads, 2 76mm turbo's, custom intake, billet everything, etc, etc

Very nice. I read fastest and thought it was going to be a mile machine, which would put a huge load on the convertible top!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

loving awesome

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Very nice. I read fastest and thought it was going to be a mile machine, which would put a huge load on the convertible top!

The fastest convertible is likely Hollywood's SRT vert down in texas. He's done the mile stuff, but with a hard top added to his car. I'm not sure who has the highest top speed with an actual soft top. I can tell you at 160, this car gets a little hairy. I'm not geared for the top speed stuff. To be honest, if I can't "win" at something, I don't want to do it. Nothing is going to mess with the UnderGround Racing lambo's or the FGT's that are out there right now. Vipers don't have transmissions that can stay together. Without it being a purpose built race car. I've always been into drag racing as I can still drive the car as a street car without issue.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

primaforce posted:

Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

This. That's brutal, do you have a full cage under the top?