Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Area Man Somewhat Disturbed To Think Perfect Woman For Him Out There Somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

If we had elected Hillary, we'd have a taco truck on every corner. :sigh:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
http://www.clickhole.com/article/ga...SocialMarketing

This article probably could have just been the picture

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
http://www.clickhole.com/clickventure/hello-you-are-monkey-detective-can-you-figure-out--5881#1,
New Clickventure: "Hello, You Are The Monkey Detective. Can You Figure Out Which Monkey Stole Your Wine? "

It turns out monkeys and bugs can be... more than just friends. Ew.

Starblind has a new favorite as of 17:09 on Apr 28, 2017

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Sad Kevin's at it again: Man Who’s Only Halfway Through Life Can Already Guess How It’s Going To End

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
Nauseatingly Precious NYC Couples To Walk Around In Rain

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

rise up

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lmfao, they posted this today, which I thought was pretty ingenious. Has The Onion ever done something like this before? e.g., mostly true story but the joke is that it's a lot later than it should have been?

Subway Drops Jared Fogle As Spokesperson

http://www.theonion.com/article/sub...SocialMarketing

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
They had one sort of in a similar vein last month with "House fulfills 2009 promise to block President's healthcare bill".

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Holy poo poo I think that's my favorite one he's done.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

crapital noneishment

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
a healthcare 2-for-1:

Nation’s Back Alleys Working To Expand Available Services In Anticipation Of Trumpcare Bill Becoming Law

quote:

“We’re gonna have thousands of people coming through here soon, and right now we’re just not ready for them,” said Durham, NC man Curtis Hendershaw, who spoke from a narrow alleyway behind the Dragon Inn Chinese restaurant, adding that he had already begun making calls to all the unlicensed physicians and disgraced former medical professionals he knows. “We’re used to stitching a guy up here and there, but as soon as insurers can drop essential benefits and impose annual payment caps, we’ll be doing all sorts of major surgeries, pediatric services, mental health treatment, you name it.”

“I just put some cardboard down under that fire escape there so we can have a dry place for a neonatal unit,” he continued.

5 Healing Herbal Teas That Will Have To Do Some Heavy loving Lifting If The Affordable Care Act Is Repealed

quote:

3. Passion flower: Can a tea substitute for Xanax? It’s time to loving find out! The beautifully named passion flower brews into a delicious tea that doubles as an anxiety-easing sedative, and it’s gotta be a pretty goddamn strong one if it’s going to take your mind off the fact that refilling the pills that let you get any sleep at all just got hosed up to a hundred dollars a pop following whatever half-baked Band-Aid Congress slaps on the carcass of the ACA.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Something we can all relate to: 6 Mild Self-Defense Moves You Can Use When You Aren’t Sure If You’re Being Attacked Or Just Hugged .

quote:

1. Hug them back with a stronger hug: This one completely covers both bases. If the person approaching you is giving you a friendly hug, they’ll think your powerful hug back is one of love. If they’re trying to kill you, your big bear hug will disable their arms and make them powerless to harm you. It’s the perfect solution to what could otherwise be an awkward encounter.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/860256764750688257

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
lol at this last bullet point

http://www.theonion.com/infographic/tips-not-condemning-millions-americans-sickness-an-55935

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Tips For Not Condemning Millions Of Americans To Sickness And Death

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The last time I saw them spew venom that hard was the Todd Akin legitimate rape thing.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-misspokewhat-i-meant-to-say-is-i-am-dumb-as-dog,29256/

So much hate.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

ouch.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Experts warn that Hurricane Ashley could strike as many as 8 bars during the day

Hurricane Ashley Expected to Strike Several Bars

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jesus, that is (entirely deservedly) so much more vicious than their usual stuff. :stare:

quote:

Do your research: Find out if any of the people you are paid to represent are human beings who use healthcare.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Lord Hydronium posted:

Jesus, that is (entirely deservedly) so much more vicious than their usual stuff. :stare:

I was a fan of

quote:

If respect for human life doesn’t interest you, try to remember that sick and indigent people are, at this point, still legally allowed to vote.

Acknowledge that serving in public office sometimes means putting aside your personal beliefs about how all poor people deserve to die in a wet ditch.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
drat they are running with this thing

GOP Promises Americans Will be Able Keep Current Medical Conditions if Obamacare Repealed

quote:

Ryan added that under the new system, millions of Americans would also see a 100 percent reduction in their health insurance premiums, copays, and coverage.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Relaxing Tea Better loving Work

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kelly is the best when fellating himself. Figuratively.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Clearing The Air: Donald Trump Has Announced That He Fired James Comey For Taking Too Long To Uncover His Ties With The Russian Government

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

in which the onion forgets to tell a joke

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kuvo posted:

Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

in which the onion forgets to tell a joke

american voices is always real news

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Network Engineer Would Be Systems Manager If He Could Do It All Over Again

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

http://www.clickhole.com/clickventu...urce=twitter#1,
Can you convince a young michael jordan to become a plumber?
I accidentally got it the first try. Jesus. I backtracked and gave the dumbest answers but it just wouldn't say "you hosed up and are dead now game over". Wow.

Is this one unlosable?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Krinkle posted:

http://www.clickhole.com/clickventu...urce=twitter#1,
Can you convince a young michael jordan to become a plumber?
I accidentally got it the first try. Jesus. I backtracked and gave the dumbest answers but it just wouldn't say "you hosed up and are dead now game over". Wow.

Is this one unlosable?

Nope, I just lost it.

On the plus side I got to hang out with Charles Barkley and negotiated his salary down to $14/hr.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I can't figure out how to not run away from barkley. All these choices send you running after michael.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Breakfast In Bed Served To Mom Who Just Got Eaten Out

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats still the best goddamn Mothers Day headline even if they did dust it off a little

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:rimshot:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The Kelly/Mac crossover we've all been waiting for!

e: Oh wait, this isn't the Political Cartoon thread. For context, Mac is the Daily Mail's political cartoonist, who does a lot of "wives sure are nagging" cartoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

It's nice to see the poor, henpecked husband and the filthy, dirty hippie agreeing about things. :3: