Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Having never played Splatoon I assume the objective is that sooner or later someone gets shot.

Anyway motion controls as a concept are fine and probably speak to the future of gaming, on the Wii it was realized as bad gimmickry most of the time, and I did whatever I could to avoid using motion controls on the Wii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
THe future of gaming is people bitching on the internet instead of playing games.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

THe future of gaming is people bitching on the internet instead of playing games.

The future is now.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

steinrokkan posted:

THe future of gaming is people bitching on the internet do other things instead of playing games because the seller/consumer relationship has gone tits up.

Fixed

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Lmao at the concept of a future

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Contrary to popular belief, most games aren't made by Ubisoft.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fruit on the bottom posted:

Lmao at the concept of a future

Yeah every day is a terribly desperate end of the world scenario and ppl should do the dumbest poo poo they can think of as a mode of being and pray it results in exhalation and/or judgement from a god that either doesn’t exist or a god they killed. Basic concept of any video game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'd also like to add that the Wii is one of the most underrated consoles.

People claimed it had nothing but lovely casual games, but that is far from true.

On the Nintendo side you had: Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem, NSMB, SMG1+2, Punchout, Skyward Sword, Sin & Punishment 2, Xenoblade.

On the third party side you had: No More Heroes, Muramasa, Tatsunuko vs Capcom, A Boy and His Blob, Project M, House of the Dead: Overkill, Trauma Center: New Blood, Rodea: The Sky Soldier.

Not to mention there is the Virtual Console which offered a vast catalog of classic games which many to this day had their best emulation on.

The system certainly isn't S-tier, but it is far better than people give it credit for.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 11, 2018

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
The wii is especially dope once you (easily) mod it. Lot of neat foreign titles. Also punch out is amazing.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at talking about Other M in a positive light

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

But really, game reviewers pissed me off at the time. I wrote them off when everyone claimed that you can't perform ubertricks in SSX Blur. When in reality if you practiced it for like ten minutes you could execute them 10/10 times.

a bone to pick posted:

Lol at talking about Other M in a positive light

I typed Project M, not Other M. Project M is a Super Smash Bros. Brawl mod that turns it into the best Smash game.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yeah every day is a terribly desperate end of the world scenario and ppl should do the dumbest poo poo they can think of as a mode of being and pray it results in exhalation and/or judgement from a god that either doesn’t exist or a god they killed. Basic concept of any video game.

Yeah pretty much.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

punk rebel ecks posted:

I typed Project M, not Other M. Project M is a Super Smash Bros. Brawl mod that turns it into the best Smash game.

Oh I'm blind.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus is REALLY loving boring.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Robokomodo posted:

Shadow of the Colossus is REALLY loving boring.

This is the opinion shared by anyone that doesn't furiously beat off to the mere whisper of the name

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
Shadow of the Colossus is good, but Ico is complete loving garbage.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Monster Hunter is boring as poo poo

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
The best wii game was tiger woods golf. Like hands down.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

DogonCrook posted:

The best wii game was tiger woods golf. Like hands down.

Muscle March

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The relationship didn't go tits up, the creators just attuned themselves to the will of the masses to make the most money and it turns out the masses aren't interested in good content or deep gameplay. They want their trophies and cinematic feel-good garbage slapped into a nice sleek "press X to movie" format. It also matters whether or not your avatar has a digital cock or digital tits or whatever.

Basically your venn diagram of people who play games versus people who watch daytime talk shows have become a single circle.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Battle Royal games are boring as hell where nothing happens for a good portion of the game.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Mohawk Potato posted:

Battle Royal games are boring as hell where nothing happens for a good portion of the game.

Yeah but the PUBG guy salting the earth trying to make sure his game is the only one is kind of funny.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

IDONTPOST posted:

Red Steel was good. Wii was good.

Red Steel was bad.

Godfather Wii was the best version of that game and it was real good.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Mohawk Potato posted:

I genuinely dig the concept but the two current big ones (pub and fort) feel and play like rear end. I don't know about all the new ones coming out but if they can make one that doesn't control like poo poo and has decent gunplay then I'm sold.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Red Steel was bad.

Godfather Wii was the best version of that game and it was real good.

RIP in Peace Marlon Brando

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I played Fortnite for about 20 minutes then quit because it was bad. It seems like minecraft with shooting? everyone on my team was farting about building stuff then some guy came along and killed my team. I killed him but then I got shot and died. I started another game and this went pretty much the same way so I uninstalled it.

UT2004 was the last good multiplayer fps.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pubg works just fine and has good gunplay. if you're bored, run towards gunfire and not away from it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
That video game where you put a quarter into the machine and turn the handle and get a little plastic egg with a hand shaped sticky thing inside is the best.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

That video game where you put a quarter into the machine and turn the handle and get a little plastic egg with a hand shaped sticky thing inside is the best.

parents love it

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Outside of workplace abuse, which admittedly is a serious thing, it's ridiculous that people took Kojima's side over Konami during the "controversial" breakup around Metal Gear Solid V. Kojina takes years and nearly 100 million dollars to work on the game, only for it to be half finished.

Konami, understandably, puts their foot down and Kojima a firm deadline. This results in the game still not even being close to finished and delayed. By the time the game is released, it doesn't even have an ending, with the closest thing being an extra with completely unfinished cutscenes and storyboard panels.

I'm not say the falling out was completely in Konami's favor, but they certainly had their reasons.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

earlier in the thread i pointed out that some text adventures are awesome and still hold up pretty well

unpopular opinion: zork loving sucks, in every incarnation, holy poo poo. it's amazing we got cool poo poo like a mind forever voyaging or the lurking horror after early well-known games in the genre were so awful

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Vegetable posted:

Monster Hunter is boring as poo poo

I played monster hunter world which apparently people like and it was dumb and boring as gently caress.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

IDONTPOST posted:

I played monster hunter world which apparently people like and it was dumb and boring as gently caress.

On the other hand Monster Rancher for the psx is juicy as poo poo and my bad cd's make monsters.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

my bad cd's make monsters.

I always found this so cool as a kid.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

IDONTPOST posted:

Same.

I mean I can kinda see why some people like it, but it didn't work for me at all. Just an incredibly slow, awkward, and boring experience.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

punk rebel ecks posted:

Outside of workplace abuse, which admittedly is a serious thing, it's ridiculous that people took Kojima's side over Konami during the "controversial" breakup around Metal Gear Solid V. Kojina takes years and nearly 100 million dollars to work on the game, only for it to be half finished.

Konami, understandably, puts their foot down and Kojima a firm deadline. This results in the game still not even being close to finished and delayed. By the time the game is released, it doesn't even have an ending, with the closest thing being an extra with completely unfinished cutscenes and storyboard panels.

I'm not say the falling out was completely in Konami's favor, but they certainly had their reasons.

I dont really know anything about this guy or his games but he sounds like a loving child everytime i hear about him i wouldnt push a loving broom alongside this dude so yeah lol.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Super Smash Bros games are all awesome and people who nitpick things like tiers and game balancing are all fundamentally screwed up in the head. They're the same type of people who create word documents showing you that in Final Fantasy 6 you have a 1/256 chance of getting this treasure in a chest, so if you don't get it keep resetting your SNES.

The new Smash, since it has EVERYBODY, is going to be amazing and hopefully drives all of those stats freaks completely insane trying to balance the game out and determine who's "best". Guess what? They're all best. I can be Jigglypuff and beat you by falling asleep, that's a solid win in my book.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm pretty sure it has all the ending it was ever going to; as an open world game not actually having an ending is part of the design

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Yeah but the PUBG guy salting the earth trying to make sure his game is the only one is kind of funny.

It's funnier that the idea is so not their own that the name of the genre is the movie they lifted it from

This is one step removed from someone making a shooter about cyborgs and they called it a Terminator Game, then sued everyone else for using cyborgs because the idea was so original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

PUBG is the only early access game I’ve ever bought

Never again