Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Grey posted:

I really hated Lawler doing the "This guy is my pick. Yup, I'm picking this guy." gimmick. Seems like he does that every Rumble.

He does. Every single one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man I can't believe people are upset about this, Asuka will be loving fine and the ESPN article already says it's a full time contract for Rousey so clearly she's giving her all to this. This is why we have two shows and two rosters. Also for those making GBS threads on her character let me remind you that you watch loving wrestling. Few of these people are paragons of upstanding morals.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Grey posted:

I really hated Lawler doing the "This guy is my pick. Yup, I'm picking this guy." gimmick. Seems like he does that every Rumble.

I'm okay with it because it's a Heenan thing. They might have been pushing it harder tonight for that reason.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just really hope they put Heyman or someone else with her to do the talking.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Midnightghoul posted:

She has nowhere else to go

She doesn't need to go anywhere period, she has millions in the bank. Shitbag or not Rhonda is straight up more popular and over than everyone else in WWE aside Cena and Brock, it is a business decision and begrudgingly a good one. Even if the ending was weird as gently caress, It's a $$$ decision and...I guess people left the arena happy? Certainly better than 2015's thats for sure.

I dont really care about Rhonda anyways, Asuka won the RAMBLE and it ended up being surprisingly good/decent. Only real "gently caress this poo poo" parts were Brooke eliminating Kairi pretty fast and Naomi getting eliminated seconds after doing the Kofi spot. Rest was passible for right or wrong reasons (Passion of Bayley, Kelly Kelly botching not even 5 seconds in) to good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus it's not like Ronda booked the loving ending herself.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

STAC Goat posted:

The complete answer is Rousey is a lovely person, WWE is a lovely company, the people defending Rousey are lovely, and we're all lovely for supporting WWE. At some point you have to grow up and stop making excuses and whataboutisms and admit that you're a lovely person willing to put your principles beneath your personal entertainment. None of which makes Rousey a less lovely person.
I just make up for it by doing DSA work and helping out people when they need it. In short I'm a land of contrasts.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe its just new rumble shine but I thought that both actual Rumbles were really good, some of the best recent rumbles. Is that the consensus?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuNjriGjBtA&t=5132s

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Doc Morbid posted:

I thought she was trying to look terrified, expecting Ronda to rip her arm off. It's Steph though, so who knows.

I sorta read it as "you're scary, but I'm standing my ground." So a bit of both.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

flashy_mcflash posted:

She's a bigger star than anyone in the company other than maybe Cena, like her or not

Yeah, I mean, even if she "washed out" of the UFC, she was still arguably THE biggest name in MMA for a while and she's also got an Olympic medal to boot. I hope she's a natural at this pro wrestling thing though.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I need to know what Rhonda Rousey ringgear looks like

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

I need to know what Rhonda Rousey ringgear looks like

a mawashi and nothing else

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

achillesforever6 posted:

I just make up for it by doing DSA work and helping out people when they need it. In short I'm a land of contrasts.

We all are. Its the old thing where like your phone and your shoes and that steak you ate and a million other things in your life are complicated. And somewhere along the line you hopefully find a balance where you do more good than bad and avoid bad at least a little.

But that doesn't mean we should make excuses are get all "whatabout" with it. That's just lovely and a big part of the problem.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dias posted:

Yeah, I mean, even if she "washed out" of the UFC, she was still arguably THE biggest name in MMA for a while and she's also got an Olympic medal to boot. I hope she's a natural at this pro wrestling thing though.

it was inarguable for a while, once Conor took off then it stopped but Ronda was bigger than Brock was, bigger than GSP, bigger than Anderson

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

flashy_mcflash posted:

She's a bigger star than anyone in the company other than maybe Cena, like her or not

Yeah I know but she can get a win on raw every few weeks and have good segments all leading up to a title win. Basically Goldberg her. She's going to look lovely in a main event with Alexa.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I am very excited about the possibility of Ronda Rousey ripping Kevin Dunn's arm out of its socket the first time he goes full perv cam on her.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe its just new rumble shine but I thought that both actual Rumbles were really good, some of the best recent rumbles. Is that the consensus?

Men was probably the best since Edge winning it tbh.
Women's was way better than expected and Id take it easily over the last half decade or so.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

projecthalaxy posted:

nah, both were pretty great

everything was pertty well laid out and executed well

someone of the women's stuff was a bit botchy, but a third of the participants were retired (I just hope they cut it down to like 20 next year tbh) and it all flowed pretty well

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fart City posted:

I am very excited about the possibility of Ronda Rousey ripping Kevin Dunn's arm out of its socket the first time he goes full perv cam on her.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

Seems to be, yeah. Personally I thought they both ruled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also I really, really dug Sasha going heel during the Rumble.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I liked Trish getting eliminated and sitting up with a big expression of "Good one"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the rombles were good. the only part i didn't like too much was so many of the competitors going outside the ring to rest very often in the final romble. However it was good

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Yeah Sasha was unironically one the best parts of the Rumble.

Lasted a good while and showed her going Rachet again. Rachet Heel Sasha was best Sasha character

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
tbh, the men's rumble this year is actually probably up there with '92 in having the most in their prime talent that people are going to regard as legends/hofers within the next decade or so

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Also I really, really dug Sasha going heel during the Rumble.

turning on bayley is not going heel, it's the equivalent of that kids in the hall sketch about the irresistible punching bag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXGhmA921R0&t=106s

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I thought the women's rumble was kind of weird with just how many guests there were and how like all of them got eliminations (I'm pretty sure Michelle McCool threw out four people and that was unnecessary) but it was still pretty fun. Asuka rules.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

John Dudebro posted:

I thought the women's rumble was kind of weird with just how many guests there were and how like all of them got eliminations (I'm pretty sure Michelle McCool threw out four people and that was unnecessary) but it was still pretty fun. Asuka rules.

michelle is married to a dead man

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I liked Sasha being the Iron Woman spot. I thought the Rumble wpuld start with Sasha and Bayley in the "friends gotta fight" spot but they still paid that off in the match.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

Best Rumble in years and I consider the woman's debut rumble a success as it exceeded my expectations... there were botchy moments but those will be ironed out as they keep doing it year after year

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Doc Morbid posted:

I thought she was trying to look terrified, expecting Ronda to rip her arm off. It's Steph though, so who knows.

My read was definitely "Absolute contempt" + "Absolute terror".

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also Roman vs Nak is the absolute perfect rumble finish. Its designed to make one wing of the fanbase fight the other.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Deadwoman getting 4 elims I would be bothered by but she looked pretty good despite being retired.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

On further reflection we didn't get a laycool/iconic duo staredown so the rumble was a failure

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Also Roman vs Nak is the absolute perfect rumble finish. Its designed to make one wing of the fanbase fight the other.

For the last four they had Finn/Nak in the left corners and Cena/Roman in the right. Absolutely perfect, especially for Philly (crowd owned).

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

Who were entrants 16-18 for the Men's rumble? Did I miss anything funny?

Kofi, Jinder, Seth. Nothing special around then, Kofi got eliminated with no typical theatrics. Hurricane was funny for a second

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Ronda is gonna get Milkshake Ducked away before she ever has a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I feel like everything outside of the Rumbles was questionable, but the Royal Rumbles at Royal Rumble 2018 were really fuckin' good, so the show is good.

• Locked thread