Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How is endless legend? I got a copy of the base game ages ago but never got into it because I was already deep into age of wonders 3. Is the expansion worth snapping up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Hey, do you like terrible-looking indie games? Because The Humble Weekly Bundle has you covered like a motherfucking blanket.

Pay $1:
Zombie Kill of the Week - Reborn
Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
Meridian: New World
Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space

Pay $6:
Coffin Dodgers
Victory At Sea
Enforcer: Police Crime Action

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Kins posted:

Hey, do you like terrible-looking indie games? Because The Humble Weekly Bundle has you covered like a motherfucking blanket.

Pay $1:

Pay $6:
Coffin Dodgers
Victory At Sea

Isn't Enforcer: Police Crime Action that one unintentionally hilarious police simulator with procedurally-generated crimes that borders on being a Fumblecore game for how obtuse it is?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Justin_Brett posted:

I think the Double Fine bundle adds up the discount differently from the others so far.

It's 80% at three titles, 83% at four and 85% at five. Weren't the others something like 75%, 80% and 85%?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zephro posted:

So if I wanted to play a vaguely RPG/strategyish dystopian-cyberpunk-future™ game, but only had enough cash to buy one of Satellite Reign or Invisible, Inc - is there a clear winner? Satellite Reign looked more appealing at first glance but some of the reviews have been a little mixed, saying that the world is kind of static and the stealth is a bit janky.

Maybe take a look at Shadowrun, too? I'm guessing you already played all three though, or at least two good ones.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mierenneuker posted:

It's 80% at three titles, 83% at four and 85% at five. Weren't the others something like 75%, 80% and 85%?

No, they applied the same discounts. But here, those discounts cancel out the existing discounts, as you'll see if you try to make a bundle of three of the cheapest games.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Pixel Heroes is okay.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Talking about Indie Gala, they're selling Mad Max for $28. The game's only been out for 48 hours and it's already half price.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Delusibeta posted:

Talking about Indie Gala, they're selling Mad Max for $28. The game's only been out for 48 hours and it's already half price.

And it's multiple times better then MGSV judging by how people are reacting to the last 10-20 hours of that game, so come get in on some wholesome bandit murder.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Delusibeta posted:

Huh, could've done that instead of signing up for Nuuvem but whatever, Mad Max is installing right now :woop:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Kins posted:

Pay $1:

Pay $6:
Coffin Dodgers
Victory At Sea
At least Albedo is kind of interesting, it's a very janky first person P&C adventure with very mild shooting but super surreal oddly colorful visuals

it ain't worth much more than $1 tho

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

CountingWizard posted:

loving steam is bloatware, and will be out of business within 5 years.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i bought death in bermuda ,will report back w/ exprience

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

i bought death in bermuda ,will report back w/ exprience

Do you every play normal/good games?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
You can get all the Runaway games for two bucks right now but you shouldn't because they're bad.

Hell, this pretty much applies to most of Pendulo's games.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 3, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ekster posted:

Why play something if you don't have to stay on your toes, just in case the game's uninstaller wipes C:\?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

Why play something if you don't have to stay on your toes, just in case the game's uninstaller wipes C:\?
Wasn't that Pool of Radiance 2?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ekster posted:

what's wrong with that it looks cool dude

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384310

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

what's wrong with that it looks cool dude

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384310

Oh, I was kinda assuming it would be another janky 90s adventure/FMV game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Rookersh posted:

And it's multiple times better then MGSV judging by how people are reacting to the last 10-20 hours of that game, so come get in on some wholesome bandit murder.

Does MGSV turn to poo poo or something?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

deadly_pudding posted:

Isn't Enforcer: Police Crime Action that one unintentionally hilarious police simulator with procedurally-generated crimes that borders on being a Fumblecore game for how obtuse it is?

That sounds amazing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Does MGSV turn to poo poo or something?

No. People who like Mad Max just have some weird vendetta against it because Mad Max came out on the same day and got worse reviews.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Some guy came into the thread earlier and started complaining about how horribly disappointing the second half of MGSV was in response to a couple people saying they really like MGSV.

Personally I think both MGSV and Mad Max seem like cool games, and I will play them both.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shima Honnou posted:

That sounds amazing.

Someone in LP played like thirty minutes of it. It's not nearly as "so bad it's good" as it sounds, it's "so bad the game barely registers that you're doing anything."

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Whatever you two want to believe.

deadly_pudding posted:

Reminds me of the original Police Quest. If you didn't do some really specific stuff or if you typed "shoot criminal" without typing to unholster your gun first, you usually died.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Whatever you two want to believe.

Reminds me of the original Police Quest. If you didn't do some really specific stuff or if you typed "shoot criminal" without typing to unholster your gun first, you usually died.

Wouldn't you also shoot your dick off if you reholstered without typing 'safety on' or whatever?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

bonds0097 posted:

Wouldn't you also shoot your dick off if you reholstered without typing 'safety on' or whatever?

I believe so. It was a Sierra game, they were notorious for dick moves like that. Sounds like Enforcer is a spiritual successor but with randomly generated crimes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I believe so. It was a Sierra game, they were notorious for dick moves like that. Sounds like Enforcer is a spiritual successor but with randomly generated crimes.

Actually that's not an adventure game thing it's just a realistic depiction of a disease that commonly affects police, Glock leg.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

Actually that's not an adventure game thing it's just a realistic depiction of a disease that commonly affects police, Glock leg.
Police Quest 1 came out in 1987; more like Flintlock Leg.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Result: Dead in Bermuda has some neat stuff but ultimately it is a tedious experience. Will return it forthwith.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

some of the characters are good and so is the writing but ultimately it's not very good as a survival game

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What are the chances Killing Floor 2 is going to become a sequel and less of KF1 "HD"?
I'm pretty bummed that the level designs are still a claustrophobic mess with lovely lighting.
I'm surprised all the dull monsters from one are back and they added uh no new ones?
New boss is as craptacular as the old one.
And if you ever hated being on a near wipe where only a high level medic is the last man standing in KF1 that issue isn't resolved.
High level medics in 1 and now 2 are the fastest things in the game. They never run out of health. and as long as they are not brain dead they can kite murder the entire wave.
However they have no AOE weps beyond their grenades, so they will take a few years solo grinding all the xp while you have nothing to do. GJ Tripwire.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

What are the chances Killing Floor 2 is going to become a sequel and less of KF1 "HD"?

0%.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

DrManiac posted:

How is endless legend? I got a copy of the base game ages ago but never got into it because I was already deep into age of wonders 3. Is the expansion worth snapping up?

Endless Legend is my GOTY 2014, and yes the dlc's are all really good.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

pretty much! go post on TWI's forums or the KF2 thread here and see what happens though

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

bonds0097 posted:

I'm pretty sure a car bomb went off if you didn't walk around your car to check it or something equally silly. Because police car bombings are always in the news.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

deadly_pudding posted:

Giant Bomb's quick look:
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-enforcer-police-crime-action/2300-9678/

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Shima Honnou posted:

To put it in perspective, you can probably beat Ground Zeroes' main mission before the first cutscene of Phantom Pain is over

So, 5 or 6 hours then? :haw:

Honestly the cutscenes are the main reason I've avoid MGS games so far, they always looked too long, too silly and a little incomprehensible to me. I heard that in 5 they're not quite as bloated though?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

monster on a stick posted:

I'm pretty sure a car bomb went off if you didn't walk around your car to check it or something equally silly. Because police car bombings are always in the news.

you got a flat tyre if you didn't check (and it was a game over)
I think this was pq2? but it was a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Gerblyn posted:

So, 5 or 6 hours then? :haw:

Honestly the cutscenes are the main reason I've avoid MGS games so far, they always looked too long, too silly and a little incomprehensible to me. I heard that in 5 they're not quite as bloated though?

There's less time between "Here are cutscenes" and "You can now move around" for sure, but the entire first hour and a half of MGS5 is kind of a whole interactive cutscene/experience type deal.

• Locked thread