Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There was a botch on... RAW I think? a few months back with the women, where Becky messed up the pincount and didn't kick out. Lots of confusion across everyones faces, but they managed to rescue it to some degree.

e: ah heres the news story, Becky was supposed to break the pin but didn't get there in time. And it was NXT.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/612...tential-problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Scott Justice posted:

Any stories of match outcomes changing due to in ring injuries? Like champ gets injured and changes the finish so the other guy gets the win instead?

Rick Martel was supposed to defend the WCW TV Title against Booker T and then Perry Saturn, defeating both. He got badly injured against Booker and had Booker go over. Booker and Saturn had to do a match entirely on the fly.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Scott Justice posted:

Any stories of match outcomes changing due to in ring injuries? Like champ gets injured and changes the finish so the other guy gets the win instead?

Heyman sort of suggests that Brock hurt Undertaker enough to shoot pin him knowing they'll never punish or fire the guy who broke the streak.

1. I can totally believe this is something Brock would do.
2. I don't believe anything that comes from Heyman.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oh god not more discussion of shoot F-5's

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

oh god not more discussion of shoot F-5's

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FunMerrania posted:

Heyman sort of suggests that Brock hurt Undertaker enough to shoot pin him knowing they'll never punish or fire the guy who broke the streak.

1. I can totally believe this is something Brock would do.
2. I don't believe anything that comes from Heyman.

Do you know how you can tell Paul Heyman is lying?

His lips are moving.

I've seen that clip and not even Paul believes the words he's saying.

Anyway, Ausgoons, anyone going to PCW in Ferntree Gully tonight to see The Future of Flight?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I might be forgetting a backstage scene or pull apart brawl. But does anyone know if Joey Mercury ever returned to WWE after his rehab stint earlier this year?

- Actually nevermind. He's still recovering and not ready for the road apparently.

rovert fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 30, 2016

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
How could I forget about Austin/HHH vs Benoit/Jericho where they changed the finish cause Triple H's quad gave out.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Didn't Mable win the championship because his fat rear end couldn't get off the guy he sat on? Then Diesel destroyed him in record time.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I heard that Roman was supposed to beat Brock at WM 32 but Vince had to send out Seth because Brock wouldn't cooperate is this true?????

EL BROMANCE posted:

There was a botch on... RAW I think? a few months back with the women, where Becky messed up the pincount and didn't kick out. Lots of confusion across everyones faces, but they managed to rescue it to some degree.

e: ah heres the news story, Becky was supposed to break the pin but didn't get there in time. And it was NXT.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/612...tential-problem

I remember this, after the match they just did all the spots that were supposed to be the actual finish. We also got to hear Drake say "be happy, you won".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

main event of this show: http://network.wwe.com/video/v409690083

the replay does a good job of showing Emma's "Oh poo poo" face when the count hits 3

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I thought kojima won the iwgp title off tenzen in what was supposed to be a draw but tenzan was legit injured and couldn't get up.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Xerzes posted:

Rick Martel was supposed to defend the WCW TV Title against Booker T and then Perry Saturn, defeating both. He got badly injured against Booker and had Booker go over. Booker and Saturn had to do a match entirely on the fly.

to expand

WCW booked 2 TV title matches for Superbrawl 8. Saturn and Booker T had been feuding over the TV title and both had claims to #1 contendership.

Martel would defend the title against Booker, and then the winner would go on to defend the belt against Saturn in the next match on the card.

Martel basically destroyed his knee when he was hiptossed by Booker T from the middle of the ring and into the corner, and his leg caught the ropes, tearing an interior ligament, fracturing it, and destroying cartilage.

Martel kept going for a few more minutes, and eventually Booker won the match, and then did the job to Saturn (who had originally been planned to win anyway)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VJeff posted:

What the hell is up with Punk's character in 2012 and early 2013? I'm watching clips and he's just constantly coming off like a whiny rear end in a top hat that serves as nothing except to be a punching bag for the Rock. Watching him throw a tantrum in the ring after the '13 Rumble is hurting my soul.

People always tell me heel Punk is better than face Punk, but this is really making me wonder. :(

Punk was always bad

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Die Laughing posted:

Didn't Mable win the championship because his fat rear end couldn't get off the guy he sat on? Then Diesel destroyed him in record time.

Yeah. Men on a Mission beat The Quebecers for the Tag titles on a overseas tour because Mabel couldn't get off the guy he was covering. Also, if you've never seen Men on a Mission, they're pretty much what Vince wanted The New Day to be.

Also, there was a Women's title change that happened at a house show a couple years back where the champ didn't kick out in time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Yeah. Men on a Mission beat The Quebecers for the Tag titles on a overseas tour because Mabel couldn't get off the guy he was covering. Also, if you've never seen Men on a Mission, they're pretty much what Vince wanted The New Day to be.

Also, there was a Women's title change that happened at a house show a couple years back where the champ didn't kick out in time.

The New Day would be so much better if Big E weighed 300 pounds more.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

The New Day would be so much better if Big E weighed 300 pounds more.

because he couldn't go through the ring ropes when he does that stupid spear into the post?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploding mummy posted:

because he couldn't go through the ring ropes when he does that stupid spear into the post?

Yes, and as you imply he would still try it and

get stuck.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

MassRafTer posted:

Yes, and as you imply he would still try it and

get stuck.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Just rewatched the Michinoku Pro six-man tag from ECW and have two questions.

1. Are there any similar matches from that era? Maybe with the same guys

2. Loved the taunt where TAKA and the other guy bend the opponent from waist and the third guy climbs on to the back and flexes. Is that their normal taunt and did they pull it off in WWF? Seem to remember reading somewhere that maybe JBL was recipient

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Where can I see this match?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It's from Barely Legal, their first PPV. The Network should have it.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Oh yeah. The only ECW DVD I ever owned, which I've seen at least thrice. My poor memory...

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

TheCool69 posted:

2. Loved the taunt where TAKA and the other guy bend the opponent from waist and the third guy climbs on to the back and flexes. Is that their normal taunt and did they pull it off in WWF? Seem to remember reading somewhere that maybe JBL was recipient
Enjoy (it's in 2 parts):
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4426n_michinoku-pro-10man-tag-12-16-96-pa_news
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x442mr_michinoku-pro-10man-tag-12-16-96-pa_news

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

TheCool69 posted:

You'd probably like late era/"entertainment wrestling" (98-2000) FMW.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheCool69 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZDIpm3Ud_0

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Bunch of Smark assholes chanting Inoki boma Ye at them at around 10 minutes in.

Spotfest is the word for these matches. I love Kaientaii matches, but Sasuke takes a Michenoku driver from Taka, and just gets up immediately to get to their next spot. No lulls all action.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 31, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

remusclaw posted:

Spotfest is the word for these matches. I love Kaientaii matches, but Sasuke takes a Michenoku driver from Taka, and just gets up immediately to get to their next spot. No lulls all action.

Vader's a goon?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
There's an MPro offer match from a Battlarts show I watched recently that was really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaGAfKPerZQ&t=3010s

it features Dick Togo blading a guy in the most obvious fashion ever

Lady Naga posted:

Vader's a goon?

why are you so poo poo

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 31, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

TheCool69 posted:

It was Kaientai DX's normal taunt. I remember seeing it a lot in mid 90s Michinoku Pro. Also CIMA/Crazy Max stole it during their feud at the beginning of CIMA's career where they did their thrusting/loving taunt on top of the dude.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Spermgod posted:

why are you so poo poo

Rude.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

remusclaw posted:

I find that instances like this, though they definitely happened, were pretty rare (though there is one exactly like the one you mentioned in the match I just linked). Generally the selling is sufficient enough while still being all-action due to the lucha tag rules format. As in, if a guy eats a big move he's generally going to roll to the outside and let someone else take over.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Science disagrees with you (regular smokers had a 10-fold increase in car crash injury compared to frequent or nonusers), and again, if not smoking for half a day is in any way a problem, maybe you need to reconsider your lifestyle.

Note this isn't a "pot is bad" thing it's a "being intoxicated while doing your job, particularly a physical one where other people's well-being is at stake is bad" thing.

This study only had 11 participants. I'd hardly call it conclusive.

e: Also, it says 10 were THC positive on day 26 and 2 on day 30 so those 9 people could've smoked a few days before their wreck and not been high while they were driving.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 31, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It was Kaientai DX's normal taunt. I remember seeing it a lot in mid 90s Michinoku Pro. Also CIMA/Crazy Max stole it during their feud at the beginning of CIMA's career where they did their thrusting/loving taunt on top of the dude.

Pelvic thrusts were all the rage back then. Face humping was like half of Magnum TOKYO's moveset.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
I don't know how to upload pics here, but up until the last Raw before the new WWE logo in 2014 the previous logo sat about a quarter of the way across the screen on the bottom left while the WWEHD logo as hashtags would be directly in the top left. Was this to do with anything simple like aspect ratios, like why not have it directly in the corner?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

magnum_valentino posted:

I don't know how to upload pics here, but up until the last Raw before the new WWE logo in 2014 the previous logo sat about a quarter of the way across the screen on the bottom left while the WWEHD logo as hashtags would be directly in the top left. Was this to do with anything simple like aspect ratios, like why not have it directly in the corner?

It is probably all about aspect ratios. Many shows/networks have only stopped making sure their graphics fit on 4:3 TVs within the last couple years.

In WWE's case, it made sense to let the WWEHD logo get cut off on SD TVs. I don't know why the hashtags weren't kept 4:3 safe though.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Diabolik900 posted:

It is probably all about aspect ratios. Many shows/networks have only stopped making sure their graphics fit on 4:3 TVs within the last couple years.

In WWE's case, it made sense to let the WWEHD logo get cut off on SD TVs. I don't know why the hashtags weren't kept 4:3 safe though.

So widescreen shows on 4:3 TVs would be automatically cropped rather than black-barred (to use no technical terms)?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's how a lot of people have it set, yeah. I'm guessing there's a pretty high crossover between 'hates black bars' and 'is susceptible to the crap written on the screen everyone else hates' too, so it's surprising they didn't use the 4:3 safe grid like mentioned above. Most channels do/did, which has always looked pretty awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

magnum_valentino posted:

So widescreen shows on 4:3 TVs would be automatically cropped rather than black-barred (to use no technical terms)?

It depends what the networks each chose to do with their SD feed. Most used to just cut off the sides. I don't know if that's still the case these days though.