Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:downs: duurr bigger integers so biiiigger space!! :downs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxuna944dls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Thirsty Dog posted:

Does your girlfriend make hundreds of posts about ~HER BOYFRIEND~ while foaming at the mouth?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=149072&perpage=40&pagenumber=19

She's made about seven hundred posts, which doesn't even put her in the top 20, and that's included recipes, talking about work, knitting, and yes, posts about Karl or Sandy. I don't see how thats very different from any of the other shitposting we've had in the last 80,000 posts. :shrug: I expect even a low amount of effort would find similar vitirol against Lesnick or Chris.

Like. Why are people jumping on her about the same poo poo everyone else has been doing?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My wife just laughs when I tell her the latest insanity for SC.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

LowellDND posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=149072&perpage=40&pagenumber=19

She's made about seven hundred posts, which doesn't even put her in the top 20, and that's included recipes, talking about work, knitting, and yes, posts about Karl or Sandy. I don't see how thats very different from any of the other shitposting we've had in the last 80,000 posts. :shrug: I expect even a low amount of effort would find similar vitirol against Lesnick or Chris.

Like. Why are people jumping on her about the same poo poo everyone else has been doing?

We've had no-one else exist almost entirely to fluff another poster. If we had someone posting that way about DEREK SMART they'd be laughed out of the thread.

Shitposting is cool and fun and being a psycho girlfriend is neither of those things. Bootcha got his money back, I'm sure his dreams being hurt don't need an elongated meltdown.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

LowellDND posted:

Dude, I dont think she needs a knight.

cause shes got a ~BOYFRIEND~

Also cause GBS, thats why.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

LowellDND posted:

:gary: :squawk: :yarg:

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Dude, I dont think she needs a knight. cause shes got a ~BOYFRIEND~ Also cause GBS, thats why.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
I was visited 200 pages in the past.
Stay safe, developer ghost.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Cymelion is just the best

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/461q1h/reading_the_comments_in_this_pcgamercom_article/d01qn7o

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4612p1/ben_lesnick_on_broken_tutorialits_a_known_issue/d01t3ug?context=3

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I remain convinced that SC is successful because Chris Roberts has successfully found a group of people who can't tell the difference between something that is promised and something that is delivered.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

This is your best yet. The aesthetic was spot-on. Was laughing my rear end off the whole time.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

:downs: duurr bigger integers so biiiigger space!! :downs:

Man, if only Braben had known that when he made the frontier galaxy with 16 bit math, he'd have realized it was impossible instead of just doing it.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

starkebn posted:

can someone explain the fidelity of 100-tonne space craft popping into existence on the launch pads? Could they not lift them up from below or something?

Ships start vibrating and jumping around enough as it is. No way their psyics engine could deal with ships on an elevator.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I remain convinced that SC is successful because Chris Roberts has successfully found a group of people who can't tell the difference between something that is promised and something that is delivered.

This is the most baffling thing about the way they defend SC. They genuinely believe that "Chris said it's going to be in the game" is the same thing as "this is in the game and working as intended".

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Thirsty Dog posted:

This is the most baffling thing about the way they defend SC. They genuinely believe that "Chris said it's going to be in the game" is the same thing as "this is in the game and working as intended".

Even after example after example after example of him being wrong. It's both amazing and perplexing.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Thirsty Dog posted:

Especially baffling when you consider who Chris Roberts is, and what his history is. If a sound escapes his lips, you can almost always count on it being wrong. Yet they take it as if he's literally a god - he speaks, and it is as good as real. My biggest mental hurdle with this whole debacle is how Chris Roberts, of all people, tricked so many people so thoroughly into thinking his word is bond.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

She's like Lindsey Bluth and GOB Bluth had a baby and let Tobias raise it

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

so how many marriages have come out of the SC thread so far?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

stinch posted:

Ships start vibrating and jumping around enough as it is. No way their psyics engine could deal with ships on an elevator.

They couldn't even get a regular lift working.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

:roflolmao: Who the gently caress reads this and doesn't see a forest of red flags

STFU you don't know game development!!!

lol

Edit:

I could see something similar like this

Project Manager: Ok we need to have a stable build tonight
Chris Roberts came in the room
CR: ok guys I need you to put up something for sale
PM: OK you heard the boss our priority now is to make something up for sale!!

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 16, 2016

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

hey uhhhh, we started crowdfunding in 2012, and its 2016 and uh, we're still working on the tech so you know uh, the tutorial or whatever is low priority (because we literally have no game) so if you could maybe just wait two weeks... yeaaahhh...

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Happy Sisyphus posted:

If we all give each other flowers like Chris gave to Sandi, we could all marry each other.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Scruffpuff posted:

Especially baffling when you consider who Chris Roberts is, and what his history is. If a sound escapes his lips, you can almost always count on it being wrong. Yet they take it as if he's literally a god - he speaks, and it is as good as real. My biggest mental hurdle with this whole debacle is how Chris Roberts, of all people, tricked so many people so thoroughly into thinking his word is bond.

This is why I think that the worst thing that could ever happen to him is if he fails so badly that he becomes a punchline within game development. The kind of person who doesn't even need to be spoken of, but merely alluded to for a chuckle. Chris has not only risked his credibility for SC, but also his legacy. He is already who people think of whenever a Kickstarter emphasizes how scope will be limited. Imagine how he will be remembered if SC fails.

Frankly I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Happy Sisyphus posted:

At least one. But it totally wasn't a secret or anything. Stop doxing me. Furthermore...

...8 hours later

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ELITE DANGEROUS: ARENA OUT NOW

quote:

Today we are very excited to announce the launch of a new stand-alone product, Elite Dangerous: Arena. Arena is the PVP mode already in Elite Dangerous so all players who own Elite Dangerous or Elite Dangerous: Horizons will already have access to it. Simply select Arena (previously labelled CQC) from the in-game main menu to play.

However, we believe Elite Dangerous: Arena is a compelling game in its own right and want to offer it to players whose main goal is to play fast paced PVP space combat action. This will open Elite Dangerous to a whole new group of players, all of whom you can play against in the Close Quarter Combat Championships (CQC) in Arena mode in Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous: Horizons. So if you haven’t played CQC already we have a number of challenges starting today that you can join in with.

Elite Dangerous: Arena is available to new players right now on our store and on steam for £4.99/$7.49.

:laffo:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

stinch posted:

If anything, it'll be like those videos of the Greycat buggy being lifted into the Constellation's hold, clipping and then falling thru the lift platform.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

haha seven bucks ah man, thats pretty funny

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

redwalrus posted:

haha seven bucks ah man, thats pretty funny

Actually could be a really good move by Frontier, cheap way to introduce people to ED. I figure they'll do ED: Arena free weekends at some point too

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is why I think that the worst thing that could ever happen to him is if he fails so badly that he becomes a punchline within game development. The kind of person who doesn't even need to be spoken of, but merely alluded to for a chuckle. Chris has not only risked his credibility for SC, but also his legacy. He is already who people think of whenever a Kickstarter emphasizes how scope will be limited. Imagine how he will be remembered if SC fails.

Frankly I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

He owned part of F42 UK which was bought by CIG, he'll had had 4+ years of a presumably high salary plus his wife managed to land a pretty nice job (again I assume with a nice wage). Extensive travel plus all the rest, he could have easily squirreled away a couple of million perfectly legitimately. If it's true he was broke before Star Citizen and manages to walk away after all this, he'll have some majorly impressive consultancy skills.

Give it a few years and he'll try again, if you look at r/derek smart, there's no short of suckers who'll buy into his next big thing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CQC is pretty dead (at least that's what I remember) so making it cheap and easily accessible is pretty smart.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

He owned part of F42 UK which was bought by CIG, he'll had had 4+ years of a presumably high salary plus his wife managed to land a pretty nice job (again I assume with a nice wage). Extensive travel plus all the rest, he could have easily squirreled away a couple of million perfectly legitimately. If it's true he was broke before Star Citizen and manages to walk away after all this, he'll have some majorly impressive consultancy skills.

Give it a few years and he'll try again, if you look at r/derek smart, there's no short of suckers who'll buy into his next big thing.

I don't doubt he's made a mint on all of this. But social media and the Internet have made it far more difficult to disappear, especially when you have actively pissed off your customer base like how he will have if SC fails. Plus there's his reputation with employees, etc.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

same

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

find me a more punchable face, I dare you

choosing war criminals is cheating

:gary: :wtchris: :pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe: :lesnick: :yarg:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

As someone that has done wrestling and brazilian jiu jitsu for a billion years (and knows he talks too much about it), I have to ask... wtf kind of person says they do "martial arts training"

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

2DCAT posted:

As someone that has done wrestling and brazilian jiu jitsu for a billion years (and knows he talks too much about it), I have to ask... wtf kind of person says they do "martial arts training"

The kind of person who doesn't do it.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My wife just laughs when I tell her the latest insanity for SC.

HA! Same. I told her the general gist of what's going on and the comedy of it, and then show her random gifs, and share random hilarious things from the thread. It's a hit.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

2DCAT posted:

You did two things, Sandi does all the martial arts

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

maybe sandi is doing MMA but just doesnt like the first M

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Happy Sisyphus posted:

maybe sandi is doing MMA but just doesnt like the first M

Marine?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

Someone who lists Tae Bo under martial arts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Like seriously... the only thing I can legitimately think of is that she's taking a "Martial Arts for Actors" class, and as such, is learning nothing of value (other than maybe flailing around for closeups), but is trying to pass it off to others as "I do muay thai/bjj, judo, sambo, etc." Only reason I can think of saying you're doing generic, non-specific "martial arts" rather than saying what you're actually doing, like a normal person.

• Locked thread