Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Is there a tweak that adds a delete button to the alert that pops up for my email? I hate having to go into read it and delete it from there especially if I know it's junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

OptimusMatrix posted:

Is there a tweak that adds a delete button to the alert that pops up for my email? I hate having to go into read it and delete it from there especially if I know it's junk.
You can swipe in the email list view to delete it, no tweak needed cause it's there by default.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

real_scud posted:

You can swipe in the email list view to delete it, no tweak needed cause it's there by default.

Not on the lock screen just when I have the phone unlocked and sitting at the "desktop" without any open apps. I get a popup that says new mail yadda yadda and two buttons either read or dismiss. I want a delete button there.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

OptimusMatrix posted:

Not on the lock screen just when I have the phone unlocked and sitting at the "desktop" without any open apps. I get a popup that says new mail yadda yadda and two buttons either read or dismiss. I want a delete button there.
Oh, then get LockInfo or one of the other lock screen replacements, then you can view/delete your emails from the lock screen.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

real_scud posted:

Oh, then get LockInfo or one of the other lock screen replacements, then you can view/delete your emails from the lock screen.

I don't use a lock screen. I have it bypassed. Dang was hoping it would be an easy fix.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know how to figure out what's the right syntax for changing FlatIcon's weather location?

I tried "City, Country" and it didn't work out.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Does anyone know how to figure out what's the right syntax for changing FlatIcon's weather location?

I tried "City, Country" and it didn't work out.

I'm using City, State. In the US though.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I'm using City, State. In the US though.

Yeah, not in the US/Canada.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Yeah, not in the US/Canada.

City... Province? Territory? Searching isn't really getting any useful results, sorry :(

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

What's the name of the tweak that lets the pages cycle around? I mean, for example if you try to go left from spotlight, it will go to the last page, or if you're on the last page and swipe to go right, it brings you to spotlight.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

ihatepants posted:

What's the name of the tweak that lets the pages cycle around?

Wraparound

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Anyone have any issues with TetherMe not making the Personal Hotspot menu not come up?

I installed it a while ago and it worked, then I didn't use it for a few months. I just tried using it today and for some reason, Personal Hotspot isn't showing up in my Settings anymore. It asks me to call att to set it up under the Cellular settings as well. I haven't installed any other Cydia apps since then and I've already tried to reinstall with no luck.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

basmati posted:

Wraparound

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Anyone have any issues with TetherMe not making the Personal Hotspot menu not come up?

I installed it a while ago and it worked, then I didn't use it for a few months. I just tried using it today and for some reason, Personal Hotspot isn't showing up in my Settings anymore. It asks me to call att to set it up under the Cellular settings as well. I haven't installed any other Cydia apps since then and I've already tried to reinstall with no luck.

All is well on mine, I can get to the personal hotspot from settings, from Battery Doctor Pro on my lock screen and from the TetherMe settings.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

You wouldn't happen to have LocationSpoofer installed by chance? I was getting the same thing until uninstalling LocationSpoofer per the developer and it worked flawlessly.

Now would be a good time for me to mention LocationHolic. It works really really well and even has an sbsettings toggle and is free, yay.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

decypher posted:

You wouldn't happen to have LocationSpoofer installed by chance? I was getting the same thing until uninstalling LocationSpoofer per the developer and it worked flawlessly.

Now would be a good time for me to mention LocationHolic. It works really really well and even has an sbsettings toggle and is free, yay.

Uh yeah I forgot that I do for NHL Game Center. I will try LocationHolic instead. Thanks!!!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

decypher posted:

LocationHolic isn't free (and it's not cheap: $9.99 for a license). It disables itself after a few uses until you buy it, it even says so on the description. So basically it's a fully functional trial.

I'd recommend Protect My Privacy instead, available from the BigBoss repo. I use it to spoof my location for the NBA Gameday app and it also acts as a way to protect (or fake) your internet access, pictures, cameras, contacts, UDID, Advertising Identifier from various apps. It does basically what a bunch of apps do (like firewall, location spoofer and udid faker) all rolled into one. Also, it's somehow completely free.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 28, 2013

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

There's also a new jailbreak tweak that was released, called Background Manager ($0.99), which does basically the same thing as Backgrounder used to do and allows true multi-tasking on iOS 6.x. So if anyone missed having Backgrounder on their iOS 6.x devices, we finally have another option.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05/26/background-manager/

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ihatepants posted:

I'd recommend Protect My Privacy instead, available from the BigBoss repo. I use it to spoof my location for the NBA Gameday app and it also acts as a way to protect (or fake) your internet access, pictures, cameras, contacts, UDID, Advertising Identifier from various apps. It does basically what a bunch of apps do (like firewall, location spoofer and udid faker) all rolled into one. Also, it's somehow completely free.

This is pretty cool, thanks.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

ihatepants posted:

There's also a new jailbreak tweak that was released, called Background Manager ($0.99), which does basically the same thing as Backgrounder used to do and allows true multi-tasking on iOS 6.x. So if anyone missed having Backgrounder on their iOS 6.x devices, we finally have another option.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05/26/background-manager/

I bought it as soon as it came out. It works as advertised. Paired up with insomnia it's amazing. Main difference is you can't assign activator to turn it on/off - you can only assign it on a per app basis. For $0.99 is more than happy, would have paid $5 for the same tweak!!

Hamburlgar fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 28, 2013

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Has anyone had any success with at least replacing the system icons while using Glasklart on an iPad?

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006
Is there a way to get direct downloads for the free ipas on cydia repositories? I have access to the internet through a 3G modem attached to my laptop, but none on my iPad. I'd like to download gpSPhone for some sweet GBA action to pass the time, but I can't figure out where to get it.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
You could setup Internet connection sharing with your laptop, then use your iPad normally.

ZephroDyne
Feb 14, 2007

(*ΦωΦ) <I am nekocat
Since Datadeposit doesn't work anymore, is there an alternative app to backing up savegames of individual apps?
I tried Ibye and it just backups in a group, not individually.

EDIT: Nevermind, there was an update for it a few weeks ago.

ZephroDyne fucked around with this message at 14:53 on May 29, 2013

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Is there a tethered 6.1.3 jailbreak for A5 (ipad 2)? There's a lot of conflicting information due to fake untetherd 6.1.3 jailbreak scams. I neglected to update from 5.1.1 since I hardly ever use it for more than browsing/email, but some software forced me to update and I didn't realize at the time that they aren't even going to bother jailbreaking 6.1.3 :downs:. I'm not missing much except for the date at the top of the screen and ScummVM but ScummVM is a lot to miss.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Is there a tethered 6.1.3 jailbreak for A5 (ipad 2)? There's a lot of conflicting information due to fake untetherd 6.1.3 jailbreak scams. I neglected to update from 5.1.1 since I hardly ever use it for more than browsing/email, but some software forced me to update and I didn't realize at the time that they aren't even going to bother jailbreaking 6.1.3 :downs:. I'm not missing much except for the date at the top of the screen and ScummVM but ScummVM is a lot to miss.

As far as I know, there is no 6.1.3 jailbreak.

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 29, 2013

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is LockInfo still the gold standard for informaiton your lockscreen?

Does anybody have any tips on making my lockscreen a bit more minimilist (replacing the alert popups, for example)? I already have JellyLock installed, which I really like, but I'd love to replace the default clock and alert popups.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

onoflalks posted:

As far as I know, there is no 6.1.3 jailbreak.

sn0wbreeze claims to tethered jailbreak 6.1.3 pre-A5 but I'm bad at this

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Where are you getting this "conflicting information" from?

Pre-A5 devices will always have a tethered jailbreak. That (so far) has nothing to do with the version of iOS.

For newer devices, you've been able to jailbreak up to 6.1.2. There is no "conflicting information" on this.

If there are 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 jailbreak reports, they're from scammers or trolls.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Is LockInfo still the gold standard for informaiton your lockscreen?

Does anybody have any tips on making my lockscreen a bit more minimilist (replacing the alert popups, for example)? I already have JellyLock installed, which I really like, but I'd love to replace the default clock and alert popups.

I use flat LS alerts, forces them to be up by the clock instead of a popup

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Haven't seen this mentioned but the mother of all emulators has been released. Currently supports the following cores:

- PCSX ReARMed
- Genesis Plus GX
- SNES9x Next
- VBA Next
- NEStopia
- FCEUmm
- Mednafen PCE Fast
- Mednafen NGP
- Mednafen VB
- Mednafen Wonderswan
- Prboom
- Tyrquake
- NX Engine (Cave Story)
- FInal Burn Alpha
- Gambatte

All of them running at full speed and with BTStack support (Bluetooth controllers).

Follow the link for the source if you want to give the pre-release version a shot. The cydia release (will be free) should be soon. He's also working on this:

quote:

Regarding HDMI Out - right now you get the usual bordered graphics - however, I bought a Lightning AV adaptor for my iPad Mini and also a similar adapter for my iPad 2 so you can be rest assured that for the next point release (0.9.9.1) there will be something more complete in there - something along the lines of XBMC where you can set it to the full resolution of your HD display.
At least it seems to be free of lag and ghosting which is what I suffered under Android through HDMI Out.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 29, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Do I need to be on 6.1 to jailbreak? I'm on 6.0 and I don't know how to upgrade to 6.1.0 and not 6.1.3, and also I'm a huge idiot that doesn't understand modern technology. Thanks in advance.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
You should be able to jailbreak on anything prior to 6.1.3.

quote:

I'm a huge idiot that doesn't understand modern technology
Also you probably shouldn't jailbreak.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Do I need to be on 6.1 to jailbreak? I'm on 6.0 and I don't know how to upgrade to 6.1.0 and not 6.1.3, and also I'm a huge idiot that doesn't understand modern technology. Thanks in advance.

You could try reading the information under the giant HOW TO JAILBREAK text in the OP.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

status posted:

You could try reading the information under the giant HOW TO JAILBREAK text in the OP.

You mean the part that specifically says the current iOS is 6.1? The out of date information I was trying to get a bit of clarification on? Thanks, I'll remember that for next time.

Thanks to the previous poster though.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
E: My first quote!=edit

To the credit of evasi0n's site, it does specify there that 6.0 is fine, so I guess I should just click more links.

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 30, 2013

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

gggiiimmmppp posted:

sn0wbreeze claims to tethered jailbreak 6.1.3 pre-A5 but I'm bad at this

Sorry, I should've put "in the wild" in my post. I think the jailbreak devs themselves can jailbreak their devices but they're not releasing them to save the exploits to reduce the chance of Apple patching them.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

onoflalks posted:

Sorry, I should've put "in the wild" in my post. I think the jailbreak devs themselves can jailbreak their devices but they're not releasing them to save the exploits to reduce the chance of Apple patching them.
If it were reputable I would legit spend $50 to send my 6.1.3 i5 to some jailbreak wizkid and have him jailbreak it for me.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

You mean the part that specifically says the current iOS is 6.1? The out of date information I was trying to get a bit of clarification on? Thanks, I'll remember that for next time.

Thanks to the previous poster though.

No, I mean the stuff under the heading HOW TO JAILBREAK, not the stuff above it. Everything you need is in the link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Is there any way to block a person from calling/texting me? I keep getting calls and texts from a crazy person and want a way to prevent them from contacting me.

• Locked thread