Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

frajaq posted:

New Vegas has too many quests

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Walking around Boston with a pressure cooker in game

Which begs the question if we raise the strength stat up to 10 will our character be Boston Strong?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Man Whore posted:

disagreed but I hate the quest with the ghouls that everyone seems to love. it was fun the first time but on repeats its a loving slog.

I just do it because I want Novac, and by extension, No-Bark, to be okay.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

frajaq posted:

Agree w/ this. By the end of the game I just couldn't force myself to care when I got QUEST FAILED for shooting some jerk in the face. It was actually a relief, knowing that there were suddenly fewer things in play distracting me from what I wanted to do, which at that point was kill everyone that hadn't treated me with at least some measure of respect before dragging their corpsebits into public areas.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I hate it when open world games give me stuff to do.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

2house2fly posted:

I hate it when open world games give me stuff to do.

:agreed:

Less quests, and they should include 1037 betamax tapes as hidden collectables

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Azhais posted:

:agreed:

Less quests, and they should include 1037 betamax tapes as hidden collectables

And you have collect the letters that spell out SKATE

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bloodcider posted:

Which begs the question if we raise the strength stat up to 10 will our character be Boston Strong?

Only if you walk around with a crippled leg for the entire game.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I hope Deckard and Roy are some of the names Bethesda recorded for your robo-butler. Just for maximum originality.

I want them to pronounce my name with the proper Flemish accent, right down to the city. I'm sick of the rampant and problematic Americentrism in video games.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

So, who's up for the dumbest sidequest sweepstakes?

I'm putting my money on there being at least one person who wants you to hit on a boy/girl for them.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

frajaq posted:

Nevermind, this is the funniest thing I will likely read in this thread.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Duckbag posted:

I'm putting my money on there being at least one person who wants you to hit on a boy/girl for them.

Is there an RPG that doesn't have a quest like this? Even Witcher 3 had me reuniting two lovers, though one of them was a horrifying wraith.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Aren't there like only 80 of them? And a maximum of 50 you can do in any one playthrough? And all but roughly 10 of them are optional?

Is that really a lot?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mordaedil posted:

Aren't there like only 80 of them? And a maximum of 50 you can do in any one playthrough? And all but roughly 10 of them are optional?

Is that really a lot?
You're also not compelled to do any of them as soon as they pop up in your quest log, but the concept of not doing quests at all confuses some people.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
These games should be shorter. Six hours tops. Also, they should include multiplayer.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

QuantaStarFire posted:

These games should be shorter. Six hours tops. Also, they should include multiplayer.
There should also be cheevo and point-based unlocks and prestige ranks

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Mordaedil posted:

Is that really a lot?

It is when you remember Fallout 3 has like 30.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

There should also be cheevo and point-based unlocks and prestige ranks

Don't forget optional cosmetic only skins for 5 $ per clothing item as well as random drop weapon crates and the corresponding 2.50 $ keys you have to buy in the BethStoreTM to open them.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Take the base-building element of the game and design a team-based multiplayer mode around it. Brotherhood vs. Raiders, teams have to destroy the enemy's nuclear reactor. Also have Capture the GECK as an alt mode.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Think the problem is more you have some quests that are cool where you discover a bunch of crazy ghouls and then discover that they're going to put on cartoon spacesuits and get into rocket ships, but then the lead ghoul is like "Ok that was awesome, ilu. Now look, I need to you to do a couple dull and pointless fetch quests."

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hopper posted:

Don't forget optional cosmetic only skins for 5 $ per clothing item as well as random drop weapon crates and the corresponding 2.50 $ keys you have to buy in the BethStoreTM to open them.

It's why you only see the Vault 111 suit on the guy in the demo, it's because it's the only outfit the game launches with and they haven't finished making the day one armor and clothing DLC yet. You can't even pick up armor from fallen enemies, you have to get the Wasteland Looter Pack for that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

frajaq posted:

Daily reminder the ayyy lmaos are coming back, this time with vengeance

The what?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The opening quest after leaving the Vault will be about how character actually isn't from Boston and you need to find a Pip-Boy translation module before you can understand what the gently caress any of these degenerates are saying.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

King Lazer posted:

Think the problem is more you have some quests that are cool where you discover a bunch of crazy ghouls and then discover that they're going to put on cartoon spacesuits and get into rocket ships, but then the lead ghoul is like "Ok that was awesome, ilu. Now look, I need to you to do a couple dull and pointless fetch quests."

I like that you can bypass half of the fetch quest by picking up some rocket toys in Novac though.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

It's why you only see the Vault 111 suit on the guy in the demo, it's because it's the only outfit the game launches with and they haven't finished making the day one armor and clothing DLC yet. You can't even pick up armor from fallen enemies, you have to get the Wasteland Looter Pack for that.

Also, if you install mods for new weapons or armor they get added to the loot crates' inventory at an extremely low rarity, so that cool armor mod you just downloaded takes, like, $50 worth of keys to find, and it disappears forever the instant you load the game without the mod installed, so better keep the mod installed and hope it doesn't break anything or stop working.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

2house2fly posted:

I like that you can bypass half of the fetch quest by picking up some rocket toys in Novac though.

I think you could also maybe steal the thrust modules in-advance from Lady Gibson? But that'd require killing her dogs which just isn't cool.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

2house2fly posted:

I don't know that I ever hadn't been to every location the fetch quests send you prior to going to the rocket factory so the whole "dull fetch quest" aspect of the thing took like 3 minutes total

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

2house2fly posted:

I did not like that the game didn't let you drink the glowy stuff inside the rocket toys. Versimilitude much?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Even on my first playthrough it never felt like much of a "fetch quest" because one of the locations you go is a place you've already been and can fast travel to, and the other location is like 50 paces north of Novac.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Duckbag posted:

The Family returns. :suicide:

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

2house2fly posted:

But then you won't find Mr. RADical.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Even on my first playthrough it never felt like much of a "fetch quest" because one of the locations you go is a place you've already been and can fast travel to, and the other location is like 50 paces north of Novac.

Isn't that all the more reason for the story to just end at the climax with glorious success instead of having you walk around the block a couple of times?

Am I not understanding what people are trying to say here?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Will there be a character based on Norm from Cheers?

if not, no sale

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I unironically want Moira Brown to return. I also look forward to a fallout 3+ world map. New Vegas was nice and all, but there really isn't much there. Fallout 3 had a ton of stuff to explore on the surface, then you also had the subway and sewer systems which are not all that bad now that I am replaying it. I'm not getting lost and it breaks up the DC rubble. I also had a lot more fun exploring and scrounging in F3. Looking for nuka quantums, scrap metals, railgun and rock-it parts, sugar bombs, blood packs, pre-war books, bobble heads, (greater number of) skill books, etc. Only things I really miss from NV are the food recipes, and those sweet unqiue varmint and sniper rifles. I don't particularly care if the writing isn't all that great cause I'm content with exploring and scrounging while filling out my quest completed list.

I look forward to the Monster Brew.

Also hit squads need to get axed. They are a pain in the rear end and break the difficulty curve once they are dead cause now you got good armor and weapons worth a whole lotta caps. gently caress you Talon company, just cause I'm not a complete dick to everyone I meet means you gotta get in the way every five or so fast travels? Karma system is also kinda dumb in F3. I have to work on getting negative karma just cause I'm not killing captives or telling people to go gently caress themselves.

Going back to the Nipton meeting with that Caesar legion guy: There is a house with a 40mm grenade launcher and ammo inside it. That group has never left Nipton in one piece.

edit: and hopefully they do something about every enemy being either a giant rad scorp, sentry bot, or mutant overlord. Worst part of the game by far, those high level enemies that are just bullet sponges. Brutes and Masters are really enough. My skills can't go past 100 damnit.

Broose fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 3, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
How many base weapons did they say they had in this? New Vegas had tons of loving weapons in just the base game alone.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

How to romance Moira. I've try every dialog but no sex scene?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

How many base weapons did they say they had in this? New Vegas had tons of loving weapons in just the base game alone.

50 base weapons with over 700 modifications.

But I'm not sure what is considered "base" weapon since you can just make a sniper rifle out of pistols.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

SunAndSpring posted:

I think there was something like 50 base weapons and 700+ (?) mods. 5hat seems like a lot of base weapons though considering FO3 had like 15-20 at most. Even the unique weapons looked identical.

It was nice that NV added a lot of variety, especially in Big Guns to use.

Will be interesting to see what kind of bizarro and useless combinations people come up with here.

Edit: VVVVV

Didn't he say he was going north at the end of the quest after going through the rest of the lab's info? At this point like half the cast would be FO3 cameo appearances though. Would kinda ruin the uniqueness of the encounters if that was the case.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 3, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I really wanna see Desmond from Point Lookout in Fallout 4, he was cool

frajaq fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Started playing Mass Effect for the first time (it is 2015.)
Turns out I can deal with that style of conversation system, but I guess I can see how it's worse for roleplaying.

• Locked thread