Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

RCarr posted:

I have Eli currently, but Stafford, Mariota, Prescott, Taylor, Smith, Cousins, etc are all on waivers. Should I grab one of them, or stick with Eli?

I like Prescott the most because all the other qbs are unpredictable and all capable of making GBS threads the bed. Only con with Prescott is the offense is run oriented and you can say the same for Smith but the Raiders is a great matchup.

Green Gloves fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Green Gloves posted:

If you were on him from the start I want to listen to your fantasy advice instead of the tons of idiot fantasy analysts out there haha.

Ha, well you're in luck, because I spew a metric fuckload of unsolicited fantasy advice all over this thread.

(vaguely recall advocating for Ryan in this thread back in May and August as an ideal late-round QB target, and then definitely pushed Ryan here as a streamer after week 1 or something before he blew up)

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 11, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I can't believe I thought Robert Woods was a better pickup than Sammie Coates.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Matt Ryan harshing my "you're literally a dumb stupid baby if you didn't draft Matty Stafford" #brand, calm down Mr. Ryan!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's everybody's opinion on Latavius Murray going forward? I can trade either Pryor or Jimmy Graham for Latavius. Guy is already on board. My current starting RBs (can only start 2) are Jamaal/Ware, Forte, and Gore.

89 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 11, 2016

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

89 posted:

So did a lot of "analysts" I didnt pick him up anywhere because I just dont like Robert Woods hes just so average.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Would you guys rather have AB or Shady+Emmanuel Sanders in 14 team standard?

My wr/rb corps is currently

RB: Lesean, CMike, Gore, Bilial, Dwayne Washington, Jacquizz
WR: Julio, DT, Emmanuel, Desean Jackson, Steve Smith

If I trade for AB I just worry about my RB depth if Rawls takes the starting job back from CMike if/when he comes back. I'm currently 5-0 so I'm looking more towards the playoffs than any short term gain, although it would also be nice not to have the majority of my WR points not so heavily invested in how well the Broncos offense is going.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Carson Palmer has been cleared for MNF.

phanter04
Apr 28, 2008
Standard scoring, no PPR. 12 team league.

Another member wants to trade his:

Devonta Freeman
AJ Green
Delanie Walker

for mine:

David Johnson
Donte Moncrief
Coby Fleener or Gary Barnidge

Don't want to trade Johnson but it seems like a good trade to give me a more balanced team.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MrSargent posted:

Rashad Jennings was straight dropped and I am wondering if I should spent FAAB dollars on him. My RB's are pretty thin with Lacy, McKinnon, and then LMurray and Deandre Washington. The only other RB's worth anything on waivers would be Sproles, Gillislee, Booker, and JStew (injured still but likely coming back after BYE).

Repost since I didn't get a response. Is Jennings worth picking up or should I grab one of the others on Waivers (JStew, SProles, Gillislee, Booker).

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MrSargent posted:

Repost since I didn't get a response. Is Jennings worth picking up or should I grab one of the others on Waivers (JStew, SProles, Gillislee, Booker).

Wtf??? Grab Stewart

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Is Michael Floyd droppable at this point? 10 team league, 2WR and one FLEX position for starters - 1PPR

I have Marshall, Hopkins, Cooks, Decker and Woods (for now at least) on my team so he'd only be starting as a bye week replacement anyway.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

ColdBlooded posted:

Is Michael Floyd droppable at this point? 10 team league, 2WR and one FLEX position for starters - 1PPR

I have Marshall, Hopkins, Cooks, Decker and Woods (for now at least) on my team so he'd only be starting as a bye week replacement anyway.

What else is on the wire? In a 10-team, yeah. Although I kinda want to see what happens with him this MNF. (I say this as a guy who just jettisoned him and Terrance West to another team for Mike Evans.)

Might want to see what you can get for Decker on name value to some WR needy team. I don't like having two wideouts from the same team.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Kerley, Sammie Coates and Michael Thomas are probably the most interesting guys available at WR. I'm going to put a claim for Coates while dropping Woods in all likelyhood.

Matt Asiata is probably the most interesting RB available. Yahoo is really pushing Devontae Booker as a pickup as well but Yahoo experts are stupid so I'm not sure about him. Whittaker, Jalen Richard, Bilal Powell, Sproles and Chris Thompson are the top scoring RBs available.
My RBs are McKinnon, Gio Bernard, Riddick and Jordan Howard so I wouldn't mind a little help there.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I've got Gronk, Graham, and Delanie Walker.

Khalil Mack owner said he'd trade me him for Walker. Good deal? Brandon Graham IS on the waiver wire...I've got Everton Griffin, but he hasn't done jack poo poo.

89 fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 11, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I mean, Griffin has scored more points up to now than Mack, at least in my IDP league.

So he's not even an upgrade at this point, i'd pick up Graham possibly instead.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

I've got Gronk, Graham, and Delanie Walker.

Khalil Mack owner said he'd trade me him for Walker. Good deal? Brandon Graham IS on the waiver wire...I've got Everton Griffin, but he hasn't done jack poo poo.

Have you looked at Mack's stats this year?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

ColdBlooded posted:

Kerley, Sammie Coates and Michael Thomas are probably the most interesting guys available at WR. I'm going to put a claim for Coates while dropping Woods in all likelyhood.

Matt Asiata is probably the most interesting RB available. Yahoo is really pushing Devontae Booker as a pickup as well but Yahoo experts are stupid so I'm not sure about him. Whittaker, Jalen Richard, Bilal Powell, Sproles and Chris Thompson are the top scoring RBs available.
My RBs are McKinnon, Gio Bernard, Riddick and Jordan Howard so I wouldn't mind a little help there.

What are your running backs? Woods and Floyd for Bilal (or Booker depending on your needs) and Coates seems like something I'd do if I liked my starters. Crowder isn't available? Check my recent threat history for waiver wire suggestions.

quote:

I like JStew out of these.

quote:

Another member wants to trade his:

Devonta Freeman
AJ Green
Delanie Walker

for mine:

David Johnson
Donte Moncrief
Coby Fleener or Gary Barnidge

Seems like a fair trade if you like the guys you're getting. You lose the best player but gain the three best after that (and Green is really good).

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

89 posted:

What's everybody's opinion on Latavius Murray going forward? I can trade either Pryor or Jimmy Graham for Latavius. Guy is already on board. My current starting RBs (can only start 2) are Jamaal/Ware, Forte, and Gore.
Murray is a bad target. Oakland was using an RBBC with all three backs before Murray's turf toe injury and turf toe is one of these injuries that can linger for a while for an RB.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How bad is j stew's injury? Worth burning a waiver pickup to snatch him?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RVProfootballer posted:

Have you looked at Mack's stats this year?

Mack has had 8 points the past 2 weeks in a row (tackles for loss count almost as much as sacks). What if it were Khalil Mack & Devin Coleman for Delanie Walker? Again, my RBs are Jamaal/Ware, Forte, and Gore.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Thanks for the advice on JStew, how much FAAB money should I be spending? Have 70/100 left and I'm bad at valuing waiver pickups.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Another IDP question. My too good to be true Wilhoite pickup obviously busted. I've got Kwon on bye, so I need a replacement. (I'm playing Burfict this week).

SF - Nick Bellore (the actual Bowman replacement)
HOU - McKinney
BUF - Preston Brown
SEA - TJ Wright
BAL - Zack Orr
NO - Craig Robertson
SD - Jatavus Brown
DEN - Shane Ray
BUF - Lorenzo Alexander
CLE - Christian Kirksey

What 2 LBs look the best? My scoring points are more of an emphasis on big plays (tackles are 0.75 pts). I need 1 LB, but just in case I can't get him I need a backup plan. Leaning Orr or Bellore.

Also, notably Deon Bucannon (S, LB) and Clowney (DE, LB) are on waivers. I figured I'd target Graham over Clooney and I have Reggie Nelson so I don't know if Bucannon is exactly an upgrade.

89 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 12, 2016

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Arcturas posted:

How bad is j stew's injury? Worth burning a waiver pickup to snatch him?

A better question: should I drop Shepard, Snead, or Ware to snatch J Stew? I'm leaning Shepard even though he's outscored Snead so far. Ware seems too valuable right now.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

Another IDP question. My too good to be true Wilhoite pickup obviously busted. I've got Kwon on bye, so I need a replacement. (I'm playing Burfict this week).

HOU - McKinney
BUF - Preston Brown
SEA - TJ Wright
BAL - Zack Orr
NO - Craig Robertson
SD - Jatavus Brown
DEN - Shane Ray
BUF - Lorenzo Alexander
CLE - Christian Kirksey

What 2 LBs look the best? My scoring points are more of an emphasis on big plays (tackles are 0.75 pts). I need 1 LB, but just in case I can't get him I need a backup plan. Leaning Orr

Also, notably Deon Bucannon (S, LB) and Clowney (DE, LB) are on waivers. I figured I'd target Graham over Clooney and I have Reggie Nelson so I don't know if Bucannon is exactly an upgrade.

Don't know much about IDP in general, but i do know that Reggie is like the #2 DB currently, so yea, i'd doubt Bucannon is an upgrade.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Arcturas posted:

A better question: should I drop Shepard, Snead, or Ware to snatch J Stew? I'm leaning Shepard even though he's outscored Snead so far. Ware seems too valuable right now.

So far? Snead played one fully-healthy game and had 172 yards and a touchdown. He hurt his toe before halftime of the Giants game and hasn't been fully healthy yet. I dropped him like a dumbass and I've been kicking myself since.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

kiimo posted:

So far? Snead played one fully-healthy game and had 172 yards and a touchdown. He hurt his toe before halftime of the Giants game and hasn't been fully healthy yet. I dropped him like a dumbass and I've been kicking myself since.

I also dropped him 3 days before that insane game to pick up a TE because i didn't draft one. Then i had Keenan Allen die on me.

Luckily someone just dropped him a few days ago for Sammie Coates and i used my waiver on him and got him.

Now he's gonna proceed to put up nothing but duds.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Thanks for the advice on JStew, how much FAAB money should I be spending? Have 70/100 left and I'm bad at valuing waiver pickups.

In addition. I am in a bit of a bind this week at RB which doesn't bode well for the JStew pickup. I have Lacy who is questionable, McKinnon on BYE, and then Latavius Murray and Deandre Washington. Yikes. Should I also try to pick up Sproles or Gillislee to cover my BYE? I'm thinking I would have to drop Deandre Washington or Murray and no idea who it should be.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 12, 2016

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Ugh every single week all my injured players go to Questionable from Tuesday until Saturday and I have to drop an extra player in order to make waiver claims. Is this a Yahoo thing or just bad luck?

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
With Phillip Rivers having a few rough matchups the next couple of week should I pick up/start any of the following

Alex Smith vs. OAK
Siemian @ SD
Bradford (even though he won't help this week)

Or just stay put and use my open bench spot on a lottery ticket?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Ugh every single week all my injured players go to Questionable from Tuesday until Saturday and I have to drop an extra player in order to make waiver claims. Is this a Yahoo thing or just bad luck?

It has to do with the new NFL rule on injury reports where players that would be listed as probable now get listed as questionable.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I think you're talking about players being officially ruled out. They shouldn't have an "out" designation for the week until they're made official, ya know? Fleaflicker does the same.

Edit: If anything, "out" players shouldn't be allowed in the IR spot for this reason imo. IR spot should be for long term injuries, hence the name. Allowing "out" players just lets you do this game time decision juggle.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 12, 2016

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Trying to figure out wtf to do with Ware.

I snapped him up late in one draft, and do not own Charles. The only guy the Charles owner has that interests me is Gronk. Would Ware + Marvin Jones + Dwayne Allen for Gronk be a decent offer? 12 teams, 0.5 PPR.

I'm stacked at WR, and would still be starting Antonio Brown / Amari Cooper / Larry Fitz every week in a 2WR / 1 Flex format.

I could go the other way and offer something like Jones for Charles? My RB's aren't great. Gordon / Bernard / JStew / Ware. Charles kinda terrifies me this year, though. I could see him dying again quickly, or getting 10 touches a game to protect him.

Or I do nothing, sit on A+ WR depth and hope Charles does die so I can start Ware again.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Docjowles posted:

Trying to figure out wtf to do with Ware.

I snapped him up late in one draft, and do not own Charles. The only guy the Charles owner has that interests me is Gronk. Would Ware + Marvin Jones + Dwayne Allen for Gronk be a decent offer? 12 teams, 0.5 PPR.

I'm stacked at WR, and would still be starting Antonio Brown / Amari Cooper / Larry Fitz every week in a 2WR / 1 Flex format.

I could go the other way and offer something like Jones for Charles? My RB's aren't great. Gordon / Bernard / JStew / Ware. Charles kinda terrifies me this year, though. I could see him dying again quickly, or getting 10 touches a game to protect him.

Or I do nothing, sit on A+ WR depth and hope Charles does die so I can start Ware again.

Hi guy that literally has my team (except I have Ingram and J. Landry instead of Gordon and Fitz).

I don't think that's a good trade, unfortunately. Dwayne Allen is useless, and Ware might end up being useless, so you're basically trying to trade a WR2 and a handcuff for a first round pick/best TE in fantasy.

He's not going to trade Charles away for Jones either. Maybe try to throw Gordon in? He has a very low YPC and fumbles a lot, but he's been getting so many touchdowns that his value is inflated.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

I think you're talking about players being officially ruled out. They shouldn't have an "out" designation for the week until they're made official, ya know? Fleaflicker does the same.

Edit: If anything, "out" players shouldn't be allowed in the IR spot for this reason imo. IR spot should be for long term injuries, hence the name. Allowing "out" players just lets you do this game time decision juggle.

Good point. That would make sense to me. As is, the IR position is really just annoying.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dude upped his offer. My Jimmy Graham for his Latavius Murray AND Devonta Freeman. Graham is my 3rd TE.

I'm feeling this one is a bit of a mash. Yeah?

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

89 posted:

Dude upped his offer. My Jimmy Graham for his Latavius Murray AND Devonta Freeman. Graham is my 3rd TE.

I'm feeling this one is a bit of a mash. Yeah?

What? Mash immediately.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Sorry, he meant LB Jerrell Freeman and Latavius. My bad, dawgs. That one is on me :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cigar Aficionado posted:

I don't think that's a good trade, unfortunately. Dwayne Allen is useless, and Ware might end up being useless, so you're basically trying to trade a WR2 and a handcuff for a first round pick/best TE in fantasy.

He's not going to trade Charles away for Jones either. Maybe try to throw Gordon in? He has a very low YPC and fumbles a lot, but he's been getting so many touchdowns that his value is inflated.

Thanks, yeah, probably not. He's 11th out of 12 in points scored so his team is kinda Not Good. Was thinking he'd be a bit desperate to make a move. But I also just remembered he's a huge Pats homer and probably not letting go of Gronk even for AB84, so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

89 posted:

Same I'm an idiot too, as well.

On the flip side I traded him to my friend in exchange for Charles Sims and both our teams suffered.

• Locked thread