Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wuxi posted:

Can someone point me to some perfectly played Taliyah comp somewhere? Bonus points if its not some mindless stomp

i can only find highlights of this game ~in english~ but it was ridiculous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkmnryJaAQ8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquids keys to the game, winning with a taliyah comp edition

1. you've got to have some winning side lanes, not only are you going to be denying vision easier for your jungler by having mid shoved out and the ability to roam, but the threat of being able to two man gank top or bot any time that taliyah is out of mid changes the entire tempo of the game and changes where the enemy team can safely be or even safely ward and roam

2. you gotta have some kind of CC that you can chain. jhin ult is fantastic, trundle pillar is incredibly strong, the kennen-taliyah-skarner trio was actually really clever. you gotta get them picks because these taliyah comps mostly dont scale, this is where EU and NA seem to be failing they see her as some sort of ziggs style wave clear in scaling comps and no. just dont do that. why would you even. your mid laner doesn't even need to be good at hitting the W if the person they're aiming it at got Ashe arrowed

3. you aren't a split push comp, taliyah ult isnt really a global in the same way that she can match a truly global champ and or a champ that typically runs teleport. you've got to have jungle control and deny resources, make the enemy team make poor decisions and push your advantages. if you are a team that can't get poo poo off of kills or trading objectives you can't do the thing, sorry. learn to be more decisive i guess.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

rabidsquids keys to the game, winning with a taliyah comp edition

1. you've got to have some winning side lanes, not only are you going to be denying vision easier for your jungler by having mid shoved out and the ability to roam, but the threat of being able to two man gank top or bot any time that taliyah is out of mid changes the entire tempo of the game and changes where the enemy team can safely be or even safely ward and roam

2. you gotta have some kind of CC that you can chain. jhin ult is fantastic, trundle pillar is incredibly strong, the kennen-taliyah-skarner trio was actually really clever. you gotta get them picks because these taliyah comps mostly dont scale, this is where EU and NA seem to be failing they see her as some sort of ziggs style wave clear in scaling comps and no. just dont do that. why would you even. your mid laner doesn't even need to be good at hitting the W if the person they're aiming it at got Ashe arrowed

3. you aren't a split push comp, taliyah ult isnt really a global in the same way that she can match a truly global champ and or a champ that typically runs teleport. you've got to have jungle control and deny resources, make the enemy team make poor decisions and push your advantages. if you are a team that can't get poo poo off of kills or trading objectives you can't do the thing, sorry. learn to be more decisive i guess.

i think a lot of players dont know how to deal with a strong champion without a damage ultimate for whatever reason

agree with all of this

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm kind of disappointed that veritas didn't go trinity force because he'd have some serious potential to take over the game with the lead he was gifted

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
exileh went from nintendude tier to sick playmaker so fast this split

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

i cant believe unicorns of love is gonna go to worlds, loving disgusting

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Move is gonna go to Worlds :911:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
holy gently caress ryze empowered Q is doing 1475 to minions, probably ~1000 to champs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

i can't decide if it would be funnier if they didnt win a single game at worlds, or if they took skt to 5 games

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
wish diamondprox was still on uol this team so i could like them

stump collector
May 28, 2007
50/50 barons when you have a massive advantage are so dumb haha

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Uhhhh

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I can't believe splyce is gonna go to worlds, loving disgusting

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lovechop posted:

wish diamondprox was still on uol this team so i could like them
This UOL with Diamond/Steelback would be sick

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Just checking in to say these EU games have been better than expected and I'm excited for C9-Immortals.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
exile is taking way too much AoE magic damage, he needs abyssal staff and/or merc treads

stump collector
May 28, 2007
wunder just hanging out near mid river no big deal

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

if you're a 45 minute gragas why would you not sell runic for cinder

stump collector
May 28, 2007
NALCS is never going to start

stump collector
May 28, 2007
did elder dragon level up during that?

e: nvm bard ulted move

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

hahaha Move's smites are loving garbage

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

IXIX posted:

if you're a 45 minute gragas why would you not sell runic for cinder

movement speed

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

holy poo poo replace Move

stump collector
May 28, 2007
he was in zhonyas

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

this game will never end.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
didn't know you could zhonyas a fuckin gp barrel

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

this game will never end.

Splyce and UoL going for 300k total gold before game end

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

:negative:

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016
How to lose a 4v5 teamfight in your favor and the game: stream in piecemeal like you're playing solo queue with a raging ADC

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
holy poo poo that game wow

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

How to lose a 4v5 teamfight in your favor and the game: stream in piecemeal like you're playing solo queue with a raging ADC
Veritas spent 60%+ of that teamfight autoing minions, lol

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It is my professional opinion that EU wholly deserves not having a first seed

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Wuxi posted:

It is my professional opinion that EU wholly deserves not having a first seed

harsh but fair

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Also please fire quickshot into the sun

stump collector
May 28, 2007
splyce girls

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Schnorkles posted:

Also please fire quickshot into the sun

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Jerkface posted:

The truly great ones can say... "not today"

because the game is 26 hours long.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
quickshot owns a whole lot

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/FionnOnFire/status/772859103915839488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Quick Shot is trying to get a job as a sport center anchor in 1997

• Locked thread