Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Not only that but now shes a Hulkamaniac

*insert MRT joke about Asuka being a Nazi*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Maybe with Brock up in the air, they want Hogan to be there to help Smackdown with the ratings once it goes to Fox?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Another change in a betting market:

Carmella is now at +120 (from -115)
Asuka is at -160 (from -125)

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe with Brock up in the air, they want Hogan to be there to help Smackdown with the ratings once it goes to Fox?

As I stated elsewhere, He does have a win to get back.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

What kind of mental gymnastics are the WWE supporters going to do in order to justify bringing back Hulk "I hate n*****s" Hogan

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

What kind of mental gymnastics are the WWE supporters going to do in order to justify bringing back Hulk "I hate n*****s" Hogan

They'll probably point at his redemption tour work and say he's trying hard, and the guys in the back are ok with it, soooo

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Ziggler: -110
Rollins: -130

That is a pretty massive swing from earlier, meaning its pretty likely Ziggler wins tonight. :smith:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Jenkem Delivery posted:

What he said is popular in America now.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I mean if Fuckin Dog The Bounty hunter can be forgiven...and stuff he said was 10 times harsher and uglier

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

*insert MRT joke about Asuka being a Nazi*

Excuse me that's my thing.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bow wow.

quote:

Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com is reporting that Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley is currently planned to be the main event for tonight's Extreme Rules PPV. AJ Styles vs. Rusev for the WWE Title is reportedly scheduled for the final hour but isn't planned to close the show.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
That can only mean Brock is running in on that thing. No other reason to put a Raw main event at the head of a PPV.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

That can only mean Brock is running in on that thing. No other reason to put a Raw main event at the head of a PPV.

Hogan coming out and raising Reigns' hand

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Le Saboteur posted:

It's the Big Dog

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

TheCool69 posted:

I mean if Fuckin Dog The Bounty hunter can be forgiven...and stuff he said was 10 times harsher and uglier

But Dog agreed to be buried in some river with slaves. Hogan hasn't done that yet.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Hogan coming out and raising Reigns' hand

Christ alive I hope you're right.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i am going to watch this shitshow to see all the little hulkamaniacs mark out and shout

GO HOME RAY CIST CLAPCLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/allend0rk/status/1018623143647350784?s=19

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

This was an elaborate 16-year plot for Hogan to get his win back over Lesnar wasn’t it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol this show

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol this show

its had some lows and a high with a low

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'll post up the full details later, but major spoiler alert: Ciampa defeated Black to win the NXT Title.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DarkstarIV posted:

I'll post up the full details later, but major spoiler alert: Ciampa defeated Black to win the NXT Title.
Poor Black having his run constantly overshadowed by the Gargano Ciampa blood feud

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:/

What a nothing-rear end run Black turned out to have. He really deserved better.

Like if this was gonna happen, Ciampa or Gargano should've just beat Almas in Philly.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I dunno why, but I have a feeling Shayna is going to retain at Brooklyn, just so WWE can crown Johnny and Candice champs on the same Takeover show. Which would be outstandingly stupid, considering knowing Vince, he'll put Candice and Johnny on different brands when they are called up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

I dunno why, but I have a feeling Shayna is going to retain at Brooklyn, just so WWE can crown Johnny and Candice champs on the same Takeover show. Which would be outstandingly stupid, considering knowing Vince, he'll put Candice and Johnny on different brands when they are called up.

I think that actually makes it a really good idea because it's basically the only time Johnny and Candace will be able to have that moment together.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

I think that actually makes it a really good idea because it's basically the only time Johnny and Candace will be able to have that moment together.

Problem is, Johnny is probably never going to get a moment on the main roster. Vince will see that he's short, and either throw him on 205 Live or he'll be a midcard talent. Or fed to Roman in an attempt to get him over.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Problem is, Johnny is probably never going to get a moment on the main roster. Vince will see that he's short, and either throw him on 205 Live or he'll be a midcard talent. Or fed to Roman in an attempt to get him over.

Which....again, makes it the best idea to give him (and Candace) their moment on an NXT Takeover, since both of them are gonna immediately be Just Another Guy/Girled on the main roster? Right?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Which....again, makes it the best idea to give him (and Candace) their moment on an NXT Takeover, since both of them are gonna immediately be Just Another Guy/Girled on the main roster? Right?

Perhaps, but it shouldn't come at the cost of the rest of the division either. That's my issue here. Is that the Gargano/Ciampa feud may leak into other feuds and ruin other stars momentum. It also will probably assassinate Candice's character, because right now she's just seen as the wife of Johnny Gargano. And they should be moving away from that.

The only point working against that theory right now is that Shayna Baszler beat Candice during the tapings tonight, and then attacked her some more before Kairi made the save (only to get blindsided by Shayna).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Perhaps, but it shouldn't come at the cost of the rest of the division either. That's my issue here. Is that the Gargano/Ciampa feud may leak into other feuds and ruin other stars momentum. It also will probably assassinate Candice's character, because right now she's just seen as the wife of Johnny Gargano. And they should be moving away from that.

Well, uh, it's way too late to avoid either of those things. DIY has basically sucked the entire rest of NXT into itself at this point and it's starting to hurt everything, imo (and also imo it sorta jumped the shark at Chicago but maybe it'll un-jump it in Brooklyn?). That doesn't mean Gargano and Candice aren't both really talented and shouldn't get their due at some point.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Well, uh, it's way too late to avoid either of those things. DIY has basically sucked the entire rest of NXT into itself at this point and it's starting to hurt everything, imo (and also imo it sorta jumped the shark at Chicago but maybe it'll un-jump it in Brooklyn?). That doesn't mean Gargano and Candice aren't both really talented and shouldn't get their due at some point.

Yeah, but the same could be said for Kairi and whoever may win the MYC II (assuming it isnt Candice vs Shayna in LA). And it seems like WWE was making an effort to move Candice away from Johnny over the past few weeks, but now I'm not sure.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Easy solution: Kairi wins the North American championship.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Easy solution: Kairi wins the North American championship.

Too late, Ricochet is already going for it. Either way, I feel like whoever loses at Brooklyn (Kairi or Shayna) will be called up to the main roster. Smackdown is in desperate need of an actual strong female heel, so it should be Shayna. But if Carmella somehow retains at Summerslam, they'll need a new babyface to go after her.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Shayna should go to Raw while Nikki goes to SD

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

Shayna should go to Raw while Nikki goes to SD

I forgot about Nikki, but I think I remember hearing talk of Vince not liking her being with Sanity, so its likely she ends up on RAW. Yeah she's been touring with Smackdown, but there have been callups where they went to the opposite brand of the one they were doing house shows on.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I could see Aleister having fun feuding for the North American title, if nothing else, especially if they do more multi-mans. I also don't think Gargano's gonna hold the belt for that long, maybe will drop at TakeOver January and then get a nice Rumble moment & callup. If they wanna keep Aleister around he could regain it there, I guess.

I was lucky enough to be in the building for Gargano vs Cien in Philadelphia and Ciampa's return, so I'm kinda happy to be going to TakeOver Brooklyn to see what I hope is the blow-off to the feud :)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Booooo!!! :mad:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1019753513667170304

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What do they mean he's out?

Edit: Oh like he's out in the ring now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jiro posted:

What do they mean he's out?

He came out to talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Ciampa is picking fights with old ladies now.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1019754334773567489

:sad:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1019755048144965632

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1019755214952427520

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1019755371328688128

drat, Full Sail.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 19, 2018