Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I imagine it'll be like V where you can stick your own tracks in, including into the slots where you replace what the game draws on for each track so when a song starts playing in a cutscene it'll play what you changed it to. The anisong edition just has the special ones preloaded. Its a bit of a hassle to get your stuff on the ps4 and put it all in, but you can edit volume and they've said you can edit when the song starts too in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I would buy the sound edition in a moment if there was going to be an SEA version because it's an extremely top tier track list with tracks pre-cut and edited to sound good in-game instead of some lovely garbage quality song ripped off youtube like a lot of obscure anime OPs tend to be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am really torn.

I want to buy the English verson but it's being released a month after the Japanese version and half the fun of SRW is finding out things myself before it's all spoiled on the internet.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I am really torn.

I want to buy the English verson but it's being released a month after the Japanese version and half the fun of SRW is finding out things myself before it's all spoiled on the internet.

:same:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I think you should buy the English version.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hokuto posted:

I think you should buy the English version.

Yeah, sure be sensible about it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, sure be sensible about it.

Look, it's a Japanese only game that's niche even in Japan.

Just avoid any and all mecha discussion for a month. I assure you, you're not missing out on much.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

excuse you, i NEED to know whether or not franxx is problematic

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Vita version was easier to edit music with. That way I could have Vanishing Trooper for the Huckebein.

I’m probably gonna go for the PS4 version of X though so no Full Possession music for Cybuster.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ImpAtom posted:

I am really torn.

I admire this and I thank you for your dedication because I like playing it late and knowing how to get everything! :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

God I want the Masou Kishin games in english so loving much. French would be great too, as it's my main language, just anything I can read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3MCccUNEt8

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Levantine posted:

I admire this and I thank you for your dedication because I like playing it late and knowing how to get everything! :v:

It's more like blatant stupidity but one of the things I love most about SRW is that it's just niche enough and has just enough secrets that I can actually discover and find stuff out. It's a callback to the pre-internet days of playground rumor and "I heard if you do (X)" stuff. It's also basically the only franchise like that anymore.

On the other hand it's super super dumb to pay import prices and flail ineptly at translating text for a game coming out a month later anyway so yeah, I'll probably wait.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm probably just going to play it early because I already have a JP PSN account and a bunch of funyen and anyway I've played so many localized games lately I should probably make sure I can still read.

Let me know what all the good memes are.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ImpAtom posted:

It's more like blatant stupidity but one of the things I love most about SRW is that it's just niche enough and has just enough secrets that I can actually discover and find stuff out. It's a callback to the pre-internet days of playground rumor and "I heard if you do (X)" stuff. It's also basically the only franchise like that anymore.

On the other hand it's super super dumb to pay import prices and flail ineptly at translating text for a game coming out a month later anyway so yeah, I'll probably wait.

Yeah, this kind of thing can be cool but I haven't seen like 95% of series that make up any given SRW so figuring out how to even get the basic secrets is rough.

And based on some of the bios in V they're all horrifically depressing to actually watch. It was kind of amazing how often I'd be like 'man maybe I should check this show out, these characters seem fun' and the bio was just :stonk:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

God I want the Masou Kishin games in english so loving much. French would be great too, as it's my main language, just anything I can read.

Well then, you're in luck!

https://twitter.com/GideonZhi/status/959665430154457088

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Levantine posted:

Same for me. I want my cool secret units but I don't wanna play through the game again because I accidentally shot down jerid with amuro one too many times or whatever.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Endorph posted:

excuse you, i NEED to know whether or not franxx is problematic

I saw some Break Blade/Broken Blade pop up in my YouTube suggestions (why yes I do mostly just watch Zakus throwing down) and when I went to read up on it I find it has a 14 year old whose distinguishing feature is she got boobs way early. This from a series whose principle cast is all 25.

What I'm saying is: there's no such thing as ethical anime.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually theres plenty of stuff that isnt like that?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

After watching the PV, is it just me or was Midorikawa kind of phoning it in during the Akashic Buster segment? He sounded...off, for a lack of better words.

In other news, I am 100% content with the pilot cut-in budget being blown on animating the Code Geass cast. Looking forward to seeing how Kallen, Suzaku and Jeremiah top Lelouch and C.C.'s butt.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

cut in more like butt in

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Maybe Midorikawa is finally getting bored of SRW.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure his lines there were the exact same ones he used since 2nd OGs.

That "Bustaaaaaaa" sounds very familiar.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Brunom1 posted:

I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure his lines there were the exact same ones he used since 2nd OGs.

That "Bustaaaaaaa" sounds very familiar.

So more of a case of copy pasta then phoning. I'm on the fence about magirobo. It's design looks a lot like linebarrels mechs. I wish it had a bit more color besides white, black and grey. I'm totally down for Mazinbros combo attack and Hi-Nu.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I like the design of the X original in the abstract, but it's design is really incongruous both with the whole world-of-fantasy aesthetic and it's own status as a wizard-robot.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Should have had Selrick's mech as the protag one instead

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Well I kicked Gadlight's rear end. Sure was nice of the old chum to park himself right in the middle of all of my forces. And I got Gunbuster! woo gunbuster!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

AradoBalanga posted:

After watching the PV, is it just me or was Midorikawa kind of phoning it in during the Akashic Buster segment? He sounded...off, for a lack of better words.

Maybe he got confused and we're going to get a really excited Heero Yuy.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
its not just a wizard robot, its a priest-wizard robot! It has a black stole and they yell about dogma a lot, which while not 100% religious by definition is mostly only used in that context. Raigeki no dogma indeed my good dude.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EthanSteele posted:

its not just a wizard robot, its a priest-wizard robot! It has a black stole and they yell about dogma a lot, which while not 100% religious by definition is mostly only used in that context. Raigeki no dogma indeed my good dude.

Instead of a midseason upgrade, you bring the rat tail to Bahamut and have a class change.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Fantasy robots:

Our boy Zelgard is fine.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Now we need a Dark Souls-bot that keeps dying and coming back stronger.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

MonsieurChoc posted:

Now we need a Dark Souls-bot that keeps dying and coming back stronger.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The big bird effect was extremely Asakim I liked it a lot. Can't wait to see the inevitable super variant upgrade of the original.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I still like BLACK STRANGER, it's a rad song with that one guitar part.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I still like BLACK STRANGER, it's a rad song with that one guitar part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NElFwqs5OJc

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

VARTEX

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Nice! Does it mention the character and mech designers for the OGs?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Hell yeah, G-Lucifer.

deets
Apr 20, 2015

EthanSteele posted:

Nice! Does it mention the character and mech designers for the OGs?
Char designs by Yun Koga, dapper bird design by Kazue Nakajima, and robot design by Masaki Asai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

deets posted:

Char designs by Yun Koga, dapper bird design by Kazue Nakajima, and robot design by Masaki Asai.

Thank you!

• Locked thread