Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

What I did forget at the time is that "sisters and brothers" is a term for black people. My bad. I'm not going to edit it after it was posted and quoted.

Uh, that's a really strange bit of projection.

What people are reacting to is the exchange "man it's hard for black people to get dates" → "well most people don't want to date close relatives (but lower class people do haw haw)" which... uh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I realized Firefly isn't very good and the devotion that it gets from fans is massive unearned. Plus there's a lot of AUG in there

Also isn't it weird a show that has a lot of Chinese culture and language in it has zero Asians in it main cast? Actually I cannot remember a single Asian person on the show.

Metal is pretty fun, but it's fandom is sure as hell AUG

Dude next to him looks like he's thinking "oh god please don't let this jackass poke out my eye"

Random poo poo

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

twistedmentat posted:

Also isn't it weird a show that has a lot of Chinese culture and language in it has zero Asians in it main cast? Actually I cannot remember a single Asian person on the show.

Agreed, but River and Simon are explicitly said to be half-Asian, IIRC. But yeah, very few people of Asian descent in the main cast. It wasn't the least diverse main cast ever, though.

Anytits, have a classic:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Somfin posted:

Uh, that's a really strange bit of projection.

What people are reacting to is the exchange "man it's hard for black people to get dates" → "well most people don't want to date close relatives (but lower class people do haw haw)" which... uh...

Until that last post, I really thought the joke was supposed to be: "a sister" gets a message from "a brother" → "can't do it, that's like dating my brother" :haw:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Anytits, have a classic:

I really want to know the last time he's taken someone to an opera. Or attended one himself.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

To be fair, I don't think they did/do

Ceciltron has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Mar 9, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Agreed, but River and Simon are explicitly said to be half-Asian, IIRC. But yeah, very few people of Asian descent in the main cast. It wasn't the least diverse main cast ever, though.

Anytits, have a classic:

dwarf fortress does not get me wet

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Pick posted:

I was going to make a joke, then I realised it would be a Dwarf Fortress Joke, and that making such a joke can actively cause a woman's entire reproductive system to dry out and seal shut until at a safe distance from the offending statement.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
AUG:Expanding minds and waistlines

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The joke improves with each source, citation, and piece of incidental racism imo

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Agreed, but River and Simon are explicitly said to be half-Asian, IIRC.

If only there were any Asian or mixed-race Asian actors. But obviously there are none, what a burden for white actors.

quote:

Feeeeeeeeeeeemales.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

If only there were any Asian or mixed-race Asian actors. But obviously there are none, what a burden for white actors.

Hey, man, just sayin'. At least they........almost........kind of tried?

:females:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Yeah, it had a black guy. So, better than Buffy or Angel

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Would it more or less awkward if the magical kung foo girl was played by an asian actress?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, it had a black guy. So, better than Buffy or Angel

AND a black girl. And the prostitute was middle eastern or something? Latin? One of those countries.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Anytits, have a classic:

I bet he thinks he is an engineer becuase he's really good at minecraft. Though there was a time where goons would recomend Dwarf Fortress no matter what someone was looking for; "I am looking for a sci-fi mech game with an diablo style look system and an open world" "Oh Dwarf Fortress!"

And

AlbieQuirky posted:

And they found an actress of German decent that looks kind of Asian. But the issue here is that Chinese was said by the cast a lot and there was a lot of Chinese style decorations and other cultural motifs everywhere, it just feels weird that they took that particular culture and just ignored the actual people who have that culture. It would be different if they had future space culture have aspects of everything, but its specifically the old west and China. Anyways, this isn't the place to discuses this, I just brought it up as a aspect of the AUG of the fandom. It's almost like a cult, with dumber hats.

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Mar 9, 2017

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Crossposting from the D&D picture thread:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

Would it more or less awkward if the magical kung foo girl was played by an asian actress?

"The princess is interesting. Her mother was Indonesian."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Anytits, have a classic:

Dude, you're not my mom.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Monkeytime posted:

Crossposting from the D&D picture thread:

Shouldn't that be Perp Looks?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

This is funny, but there's no way it's real.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gross Dude posted:

This is funny, but there's no way it's real.

I like the idea that someone's entire life is about jerking off to images of people being swallowed up by assholes. Though I can't imagine that anal vore can be the subject of any deep conversation outside of "it's it hot that butt ate that woman?".

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
From the Aliexpress thread:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ceciltron posted:

I was going to make a joke, then I realised it would be a Dwarf Fortress Joke, and that making such a joke can actively cause a woman's entire reproductive system to dry out and seal shut until at a safe distance from the offending statement.

The joke menaces with spikes of machismo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Anytits, have a classic:

This is a cool man with a cool quote:

That guy is yet another pathetic failure trying to cargo cult his way to being an interesting person.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

That guy is yet another pathetic failure trying to cargo cult his way to being an interesting person.

I also think John Waters might be a little tongue-in-cheek here.

That guy is... probably not capable of that.

Some people take themselves way to seriously.

edit: wrong thread :downs:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Me as soon as he got to the part where a lot of his family arrived:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Is that Solia Online or is my mind playing tricks?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lou did a reading of that one http://loureads.com/2014/12/02/lou-reads-ep130-vore-discussions-from-ekas-portal/

From 41:30

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

If you look at the stats the people most likely to date in their race is white.

I literally explained it in the next post with a song and images. Next time I'll add an interpretative dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdI7v8MhMo

Ok searching for "anti incest dance" was a really bad idea on youtube.

What I did forget at the time is that "sisters and brothers" is a term for black people. My bad. I'm not going to edit it after it was posted and quoted.

Is it time to go back to making fun of people with medical conditions yet?

I didn't think you were being racist, I can't date redheads because they all end up reminding me of my sister or old photos of my mother.

e: at the risk of springing a trap, there's a bunch of Chinese stuff in Firefly because China ended up becoming the dominant country on earth so their culture permeated everything.

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 12:16 on Mar 9, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

AUG Thread: I'm pretty sure my grandparents hated anal vore

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Heath posted:

Shouldn't that be Perp Looks?

Just because one of the most vocal and well-known party officials is a convicted rapist doesn't mean all Hitlers are criminals.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Takes No Damage posted:

I didn't think you were being racist, I can't date redheads because they all end up reminding me of my sister or old photos of my mother.

e: at the risk of springing a trap, there's a bunch of Chinese stuff in Firefly because China ended up becoming the dominant country on earth so their culture permeated everything.

You're right. I think people have mostly been saying that, given that exact aspect of the plot, they expected Asians to play a larger role in the main cast.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

You're right. I think people have mostly been saying that, given that exact aspect of the plot, they expected Asians to play a larger role in the main cast.

Maybe everyone just looks like that in the future.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FrozenVent posted:

From the Aliexpress thread:

You need to link this thread now.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

you can catch and domesticate jaguars in DF (dwarf fortress)

the joke here is that jaguars get you wet

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

chitoryu12 posted:

You need to link this thread now.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806076&pagenumber=31#lastpost

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Anytits, have a classic:

What about if he can't groom himself properly?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Foxhound posted:

What about if he can't groom himself properly?

excuse me if you have eyes you can see that the man in this photo has perfectly blended class with swag, effectively creating the Ubermensch in a cloud of Flamin' Hot Cheeto vape smoke and wet hatband smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I feel like I know about 50 ppl on fb who shared this unironically.

• Locked thread