Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

a kitten posted:

It's not, i have a reasonably sized backlog, but nothing is really calling out to me.

Witcher 3
Transistor
Tails in the Sky
Valkyria Chronicles
Actually achieve Yuritopia

Those are just what i'm pondering on PC

I'm also looking at buying Odin Sphere: subtitle or Persona 5 on ps4 or actually finishing Bravely Default (and starting the second one) or Zelda lbw. :sigh:

I just recently finished HZD, Prey, Neir:A and most of what i want to do in FFXIV.

Maybe i should just read a book (or manga).

Valkyria Chronicles is fun, even if it can be really bullshit somea lot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I definitely agree that the first season wasn't as smart as it thought it was, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a kitten posted:

It's not, i have a reasonably sized backlog, but nothing is really calling out to me.

Witcher 3
Transistor
Tails in the Sky
Valkyria Chronicles
Actually achieve Yuritopia

Those are just what i'm pondering on PC

I'm also looking at buying Odin Sphere: subtitle or Persona 5 on ps4 or actually finishing Bravely Default (and starting the second one) or Zelda lbw. :sigh:

I just recently finished HZD, Prey, Neir:A and most of what i want to do in FFXIV.

Maybe i should just read a book (or manga).

Obviously it is time for you to Nep, in preparation for the new one coming out tomorrow.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
buy TitS

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The only games I haven't touched in a while / finished for both the 3DS and the Vita is Disgaea 4 because gently caress going through a Disgaea game right now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Only legal in Nevada.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Psycho-Pass 2 had a lot of cool ideas, like the game that tricks people into killing people and the villain actually caring about his pawns, but it also kind of squandered them. Kamui just wasn't as interesting as Makishima as the series went on, and a lot of the plot beats felt kind of dumb. After seeing a ton of people getting exploded each episode you got desensitized to it, and it felt like it missed the point of the first season when it posits the Sybil System improving as a good thing when Akane's big moment last season was rebuking its messed up ideology. Another thing that sucked was how some of the enforcers like Sho and Yayoi didn't get any development. In the case of the latter she was barely a character outside of her one backstory episode. The movie was decent, and the action scenes felt pretty cool. The enforcers got shafted again for more Akane and Kogami stuff though.
I'm honestly wondering if Yayoi as a whole was just a couple of ticks in the checklist for things Urobuchi liked (Woman wearing a suit / lesbian / stoic), given her lackluster characterization, that she seems to look like a mashup of Maiya and F/Z "Civilian" Saber and the fact that her spotlight episode wasn't even written by Urobuchi himself. I know that Akira Amano did the character designs and that she also has a thing for pretty boys/girls in suits (a crapload of the Psycho-Pass cast look like grown-up versions of characters in Reborn), but it does make me wonder if she just looked at some of the Urobutcher's past works and just said "Eh, that seems to get him going... gently caress it".

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Who doesn't have a thing for pretty boys/girls in suits?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Someday i will win the Scathach minion. Someday. :sigh:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

I'm honestly wondering if Yayoi as a whole was just a couple of ticks in the checklist for things Urobuchi liked (Woman wearing a suit / lesbian / stoic), given her lackluster characterization, that she seems to look like a mashup of Maiya and F/Z "Civilian" Saber and the fact that her spotlight episode wasn't even written by Urobuchi himself. I know that Akira Amano did the character designs and that she also has a thing for pretty boys/girls in suits (a crapload of the Psycho-Pass cast look like grown-up versions of characters in Reborn), but it does make me wonder if she just looked at some of the Urobutcher's past works and just said "Eh, that seems to get him going... gently caress it".
i wish urobuchi had more lesbians in suits tbh

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

i wish urobuchi had more lesbians in suits tbh

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

Who doesn't have a thing for pretty boys/girls in suits?
Plenty of people do. As a choice for wardrobe, I like suits, but if it seems like a lazy cop-out, they can sometimes make a series/setting feel too... lame? Like in a setting where they're supposed to be the norm, gently caress yeah: Bring me them beautiful people dressed to the nines.

Hell, sometimes if they're out of place, they work too: Part of Barney Stinson's charm in How I Met Your Mother is to see NPH dressed like the snazziest motherfucker, which often served as a good foil for his goofy personality. In an anime-related (but not Urobuchi-centric, even if the character's creator played Red Dragon with the Urobutcher) example, Shizuo looking fancy-ish by wearing a bartender suit ofen clashes with the violent displays of strength that often follow him. Same goes for One Piece with CP9 (and even the Straw Hat Pirates in Strong World!). Just as long as there's a distinguishing element to the characters wearing a suit, I'm all in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vMZtLYkZ2c

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kyouko rocking it the hardest.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't there a doujin for this? I remember reading a doujin about Magical Girl Madoka Mafia of something.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

Watch Witchcraft Works and maybe your wife will want to princess carry you.

Is that all it takes?

Aiite, step 1: get a wife.

Let's do this.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mirin's e3 no daibouken day 2
https://twitter.com/FurukawaMirin/status/874102433114316803

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whos mirin

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i just did a character quest in tales of xillia 2 that confirms there's an alternate dimension where the main character of xillia 1, instead of going on cool adventures, had sex with a giant bird on a daily basis

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

she's at E3

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

lol this guy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have started back on Nier Automata again and I ate a fish my friend Jackass gave me and died. I also got another ending from going the wrong direction when the city was under attack and thus dooming the world.

But now I must do things for tomorrow morning's meetings.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

I have started back on Nier Automata again and I ate a fish my friend Jackass gave me and died. I also got another ending from going the wrong direction when the city was under attack.

It's a good game with emotionally resonant writing

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dryzen posted:

lol this guy

it me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mirin's e3 no daibouken day 2 gaiden
https://twitter.com/FurukawaMirin/status/874109228356485120
nice shopping, mirin

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is she an idol seiyuu

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huh, a fighting game with Umihara Kawase, the Cave Story characters, and Code of Princess. An interesting mix, but it looks slow and bad, though hopefully that changes and has more to do with the people showing it off. Good luck, brave devs, trying to make a game in a niche genre with incredibly picky fans using characters from at least 2 games nobody has ever heard of.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 12, 2017

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

chumbler posted:

Huh, a fighting game with Umihara Kawase

I'm sorry, what now?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Is her weapon of choice a fishing pole?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

Huh, a fighting game with Umihara Kawase, the Cave Story characters, and Code of Princess. An interesting mix, but it looks slow and bad, though hopefully that changes and has more to do with the people showing it off. Good luck, brave devs, trying to make a game in a niche genre with incredibly picky fans using characters from at least 2 games nobody has ever heard of.

Post a trailer.

e; I found the gameplay footage: https://youtu.be/mU7jOgZFTjM?t=72

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jun 12, 2017

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

homeless snail posted:

mirin's e3 no daibouken day 2 gaiden
https://twitter.com/FurukawaMirin/status/874109228356485120
nice shopping, mirin

Who is this?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
furukawa mirin @ e3

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i just did a character quest in tales of xillia 2 that confirms there's an alternate dimension where the main character of xillia 1, instead of going on cool adventures, had sex with a giant bird on a daily basis

hosed up that alvin was into bestiality

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

Knew I gave up on that too early

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I am sad that samon is ending :(

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I am sad that samon is ending :(

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That is magical
:allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I had a dream where I heard "Hey. Good morning, you bastard" in Japanese by a relatively low-register, sexy voice. I think I'm gonna stop watching anime at night before going to bed.

:coffeepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I used to get weird japanese dreams when I fell asleep with headphones on :v:

• Locked thread