Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
I have never wanted to see a toilet more in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

My wife actually likes this bathroom. "It has a spot where I can sit down and do my hair!"

I have never been more disappointed in her.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
There's no bathroom door and the shower door is clear, so any :females: walking past are forced to see his :dong:.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

waah posted:

My wife actually likes this bathroom. "It has a spot where I can sit down and do my hair!"

I have never been more disappointed in her.

I was going to bring up that little "powder room" as our boy calls it. I don't know poo poo about doing make up but wouldn't the red wall not make it hard to judge colours and such? The red bounce light on only one side can't be helpful.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dick Bastardly posted:

i thought it was for dropping the kids off at the pool? :thunk:

I think you'll find that this bathroom is missing the single most important element for that action

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

mormonpartyboat posted:

*slaps the tank of the toilet* this baby isnt even street legal

so long suckers! i rev up my toilet and create a huge cloud of farts. when the cloud dissipates im lying completely dead on the plastic gravel

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

My favorite thing are the parrallel showerheads. Who does not want to relive high school gym class with their SO.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
The idea of stepping on plastic rocks gives me the same heebie-jeebie neck crawlies that touching Styrofoam does.

Also, I'm with Jacqueline Dempsey that this looks like my goth childhood Sins house.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I'm very curious about the water pressure and water heater situation with the 5+ showerheads. I'm sure its something normal like you can only switch on 2 at a time, but I would love a shower that when you walk in you're assailed with water as if you're in a car wash.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

My favorite thing are the parrallel showerheads. Who does not want to relive high school gym class with their SO.

In fairness, I've showered with a :females: before and unless the sole purpose of that shower is sexy time, it really sucks showering with someone else.
You stand there all cold while they soap up,/shampoo or whatever, then you switch spots and they stand there and freeze etc. Then when one of you is done you get out and drip water on the floor instead of drying off in the tub/shower.

That assumes of course that the plumbing was done such that both shower heads or both sets of shower heads get decent flow and pressure.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

wesleywillis posted:

In fairness, I've showered with a :females: before and unless the sole purpose of that shower is sexy time, it really sucks showering with someone else.
You stand there all cold while they soap up,/shampoo or whatever, then you switch spots and they stand there and freeze etc. Then when one of you is done you get out and drip water on the floor instead of drying off in the tub/shower.

That assumes of course that the plumbing was done such that both shower heads or both sets of shower heads get decent flow and pressure.

You speak the truth. And although fun, shower sexy times are inferior to most other sexy times.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

beyond the bathroom lacking a door and the windows is there any ventilation in that bathroom at all? i'm not seeing it, and you've gone out of your way to make it easy to create and trap moisture

what's the panel just above the lightswitch to the left of the shower? is it normal for american houses to not have any frosted glass on the bathroom windows?

what's the reason for the glass shower door not having gaps against the glass panel? are you trying to seal it to make it look like a sauna?

how many contractors did you go through during this process? how many of them mentioned the lack of maintenance hatches in the design phase for future repairs?

what's the heating system situation for handling the 5 showerheads, 2 sinks and bath?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

bEatmstrJ posted:

Now that you've all forgotten, I guess I can post these.
Uhhh....could you put a shoe on one of the sinks and make a photo of that? And maybe one in close detail of the shoe?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

wesleywillis posted:

Yes, this does indeed solve that problem, though god help any woman who wants to use that shower cause there is no way he does not insist on using it together

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

is it normal for american houses to not have any frosted glass on the bathroom windows?

Not usually, but for the last few years having huge transparent windows by your bathtub has been a status thing. Shows you're wealthy enough to not care if people see you when you're all prune-y?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Cease to Hope posted:

kickass, I just have two questions

What does the toilet look like?

Have you ever considered a Powerman 5000 reunion tour?

"NOW THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE WHEN WORLDS COLLIIIIIIIIIDE" *tub falls through floor*

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

is it normal for american houses to not have any frosted glass on the bathroom windows?

nope not at all

lmao that there's no ventilation in the shower chamber at all. good luck not bashing your shins against the bench because you can't see a loving thing when the entire shower is filled with steam

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Big windows in a bathroom is another way of proving how rich and lovely you are. "Look I have so much property that I don't need privacy!"

e: this sentiment is usually found in :females:, natch

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Gotta get all that natural light for your IG selfies

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I was in Argentina over the summer and all the showers had a shitload of heads, it was weird as hell and the water pressure was terrible:

You can mitigate that if you think ahead and care to

But for sure the waterfall style showerheads suck without the right pressure

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

You can mitigate that if you think ahead and care to

But for sure the waterfall style showerheads suck without the right pressure

Yeah, like I said, it's pretty easy to figure out, but it's a really dumb setup regardless. And yeah, even with just the top head on the water pressure sucked in like 4 different places I stayed

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Maybe he could add some water fountains on the floor in addition to those shower heads so it's like bdsm dungeon meets water park

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Big windows in a bathroom is another way of proving how rich and lovely you are. "Look I have so much property that I don't need privacy!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's like a shower balcony. Put some adirondack chairs out there, drink some margs while the shower sprays you.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

all-glass construction so you can watch every moment of James Bond drowning in it

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lmao at OP trying to comedy central roast other people's extremely normal, modest bathrooms, not realizing how loving rich he is to have a custom gamer bathroom the size of some people's apartments. It certainly looks as big as my bedroom and bigger than some bedrooms of my past. I felt a little sympathy over the dogpile at first because even though I find the bathroom amazingly terrible the OP clearly put tons of effort into it and likes it. But nah gently caress that classist jerk.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i am enjoying every corner of the forums coming together to dunk on this guy's terrible bathroom

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Whereas here the neighbor’s house is about 10 feet away, behind that tree.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

beyond the bathroom lacking a door and the windows is there any ventilation in that bathroom at all? i'm not seeing it, and you've gone out of your way to make it easy to create and trap moisture

Windows of at least a certain size that can open count as ventilation. Fans are only required for entirely interior bathrooms.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
can we rename diy "this guy's terrible bathroom" please

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

When I was a child I loved to play Roller Coaster Tycoon. You can do custom color schemes on rides but I didn't really understand colors at the time. Eventually I clicked around and found red and black and loved the edgy look. My entire park soon was red and black.

Anyways BeatmasterJ your bathroom looks like what I would design if I was 8 and obsessed with glittered upside-down fleur-de-lis patterns.

P.S. Those are the most inconvenient sinks in the world for actual sink usability. Honestly nothing in those pictures offends me more than those sinks.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

alnilam posted:

lmao at OP trying to comedy central roast other people's extremely normal, modest bathrooms, not realizing how loving rich he is to have a custom gamer bathroom the size of some people's apartments. It certainly looks as big as my bedroom and bigger than some bedrooms of my past. I felt a little sympathy over the dogpile at first because even though I find the bathroom amazingly terrible the OP clearly put tons of effort into it and likes it. But nah gently caress that classist jerk.

Everyone trying to burn him for his river rock should post their grout first imo because I guarantee it isn't clean either

Also guillotine the rich

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

kid sinister posted:

Windows of at least a certain size that can open count as ventilation. Fans are only required for entirely interior bathrooms.
very much not the case over here (:scotland:)but not exactly a dry country. over here windows only count if they have trickle vents, and beyond that it's down to the owner knowing what damp is and how to prevent it. so realistically a mechanical fan with enough suction to accommodate the size of the room - or if you're fancy positive air ventilation

given the prior track record not hopeful on them being proactive

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Everyone trying to burn him for his river rock should post their grout first imo because I guarantee it isn't clean either

I'm poor though, I couldn't afford the cleaning product to clean that bathroom of kane

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I wanna leave assprints all over the shower doors

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's weird that there's no vent overhead. He could have added a blutooth speaker/nightlight/overhead light option to really make it shine.

kid sinister posted:

There's no bathroom door and the shower door is clear, so any :females: walking past are forced to see his :dong:.
Wife trying to remove her makeup/set her curlers while beatmastr is beating off like Lester Burnham right behind her.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

At least some of those super expensive rich people bathrooms with the panoramic windows have those fancy new electronically-tinting glass in them; others are advertising a view, but with the expectation that the new owner will put in some kind of curtain or shade or blinds. A few even have permanent, hidden blinds in between the double glazing.

And a few are really just "we own so much land nobody can actually see this window unless they're trespassing."

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

TL,DR: confirmed biotruther and sock entrepreneur burns way more than an annual salary at minimum wage on ripping out a functional bathroom in order to bamboozle :females:, fucks up so bad that it ruins the structural integrity and resale value of his house, arrives at a result so surreal that most people think it's CGI, and finally melts down by mocking other people's normal bathrooms for not being figurative and literal money sinks

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Popo posted:

I was going to bring up that little "powder room" as our boy calls it. I don't know poo poo about doing make up but wouldn't the red wall not make it hard to judge colours and such? The red bounce light on only one side can't be helpful.

The loving chandelier would make it a pain in the rear end just cause you need to be able to see what you are doing at all angles >>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can you imagine having to clean that loving mold farm? Jesus the grout alone...