Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Has there been any info released yet regarding crafting/gathering from 60-70? Everything I've seen so far is about the combat, and I'm curious to see if they're making any big changes to crafting or gathering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Gloomy Rube posted:

Has there been any info released yet regarding crafting/gathering from 60-70? Everything I've seen so far is about the combat, and I'm curious to see if they're making any big changes to crafting or gathering.

Gatherings going to be the only reason for swimming. Please look forward to it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Hello friends, I am forming a static for Stormblood! I've got a post over here on catgirl.bargains, which also has https now!

https://catgirl.bargains/topic/53-thals-balls/

Bourgeoisie
Nov 19, 2007

One ticket, please.

Gloomy Rube posted:

more specialization skills that no one will use

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I know I'm probably asking for troublea terrible thing, but has anyone voice acted the full Hildibrand quest chain?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I know I'm probably asking for troublea terrible thing, but has anyone voice acted the full Hildibrand quest chain?

There a lot of fandubs or redubs, some done for a contest featuring the Hildebrand stuff, not all of it but I imagine every key scene has been done by someone. They range in quality hard, the first one I saw gave Hildebrand a Johnny Young Bosch Renton Third-ish voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRElUebJzOs

Also wow the one they did with the Shanntoto event was great, never saw that cutscene before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsfbIXYZbPU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Divine Magic Mastery (Level 64)
MP consumption of all magic spells cast will be reduced by 50%, with a chance casting will not be interrupted by damage taken.

A chance? Hope that's wrong. Rather it just be no chance.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
What confuses me is that they gave SCH a DPS boosting skill in Stormblood (a better one than selene's buff). It leaves WHM the only healer left out on being able to buff the party's damage output in some way. I don't get it. Do they still think excessive healing numbers is worth something?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

MP consumption of all magic spells cast will be reduced by 50%, with a chance casting will not be interrupted by damage taken.

the english tooltips make no mention of a chance, so i'd assume that it's just a mistranslation.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of any good writeups or videos covering the 1.0/2.0 story? I only really started paying attention to what was going on in heavensward and I'm interested in catching up on all the old stuff before stormanime.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Rahu posted:

Anyone know of any good writeups or videos covering the 1.0/2.0 story? I only really started paying attention to what was going on in heavensward and I'm interested in catching up on all the old stuff before stormanime.

Imperials did some poo poo. Beast tribes summoned a lot of Primals. You have Waking Sands frequent flier flyer miles but can never cash them in.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rahu posted:

Ethys Asher covers it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjZgp8mUrog

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfyYP8FCoU1mNIpR1gjuuj_G4DqW8l_Bl

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Rahu posted:

1.0 plot leading up to the Calamity, skips a lot of non calamity related stuff however.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXc0loyuq9I

Narrated by Elf Grandpa Louisoix himself.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Thanks, I'll check those out :tipshat:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pigbottom posted:

I'm on the same boat. My ping on resource manager stays around 170-190. I have been playing fine, but there is a considerable adjustment you have to do. Many times I got hit ages after I left the aoe marker. You really have to pay more attention to it, but it's perfectly possible.

I'm from europ and the only difference I've noticed with increased ping is that now swiftcast is wonky more often if I spam buttons too fast. That's it. There seems to be no difference between running out of aoes now or before.

Well, that, and now I sometimes get lovely nights due to lovely US internet and have to use mudfish, but that costs literally $3 per year.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Ditto for Swiftcast from another European. I've failed a lot of instacasts after server relocation because the buff doesn't apply early enough for me to cast the next spell in a chain.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I want to complete the UnID step of the anima weapon, but I'm also trying to maximize squadron usage, so I don't want to run dry on seals. What should I do to get the crafted stuff?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SonicRulez posted:

I want to complete the UnID step of the anima weapon, but I'm also trying to maximize squadron usage, so I don't want to run dry on seals. What should I do to get the crafted stuff?

If you don't want to buy the crafted mats using seals then you gotta either buy them off the marketboard or get a goon to craft them for you from mats. Now that you can NQ them it should be pretty easy.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Hypothetical Wildfire rotation. You're still doing 1-2-1-3-2-3 and weaving poo poo in between. More realistically, you'd double-oGCD Ricochet and Turret Overload both before the last Heated Clean, I feel like there's no way Turret Overload animates fast enough before Wildfire pops there. Final Heated Cleaner Shot also becomes more likely to fit in under Wildfire if you assume that as gear gets better in SB endgame, it will match or exceed my current HW endcame recast of 2.38.

Assumptions:
* Flamethrower isn't used, that's to bootstrap yourself off 0 heat after a crash.
* Barrel Stabilizer isn't used, that seems to be more of a "whoops, I hosed up, I need to unfuck my poo poo now" button.
* Cooldown doesn't seem to have a place in this rotation, you want to be pumping Heated Clean with Reassemble during Wildfire, and the way to get Heated Clean is Heated Slug, and the way to get Heated Slug is to use Heated Split.
* GCD numbers of 2.42 is pulled from the Media Event tooltips.
* Personal autoattack numbers pulled from my Anima, 2.48s. Turret autoattack is 3 seconds, timed it. Maybe ignore those anyways, I was trying to work out potency-per-second under new and old Wildfires for comparison, but I hosed up on the math somewhere.
* I think you're going to want to use that first Heated Slug with ammo to force a Heated Clean regardless of whether or not the initial Heated Split that got you over the hump procced or not. (You can't have ammo stacked before Overheat, because Job Actions video demonstrated ammo negating the 10 Heat gained per weaponskill.) It's more important to have that Heated Clean Shot and Heated Slug Shot procced and sitting there, than it is to Split to get over the hump, load ammo, then Split to proc Slug.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 6, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'm kind of impressed that Square made a big deal about simplifying classes, yet actually playing MCH is at least as complex as it was before. The only real upside is you don't have to blow a bunch of oGCD DPS cooldowns I guess. :ughh:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
If you're playing "optimally", you're hovering as close to 99 Heat as possible, while maintaining Hot Shot until Wildfire comes off CD. The simplified part means that when you need to go with Wildfire, you can go much more quickly than before, and chances are Wildfire will finish before the boss jumps away to do mechanics. I'll take that.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Asimo posted:

I'm kind of impressed that Square made a big deal about simplifying classes, yet actually playing MCH is at least as complex as it was before. The only real upside is you don't have to blow a bunch of oGCD DPS cooldowns I guess. :ughh:
It's actually going to be more complex then before. Our AoE rotation is slightly more compex now instead of "Drop Bishop, pop CDs, Grenado/Spread spam" it is currently is with both Bishop Overload and Flamethrower being a thing that are things that come with both benefits and cost. Heat is another resource we have to balance and measure, especially if Overheating on spot is supposed to be a thing. Our CDs are both shorter and line up better with Wildfire, so our downtime rotation is going to be way more complex AND we have to maintain it entirely to make sure we don't lose DPS by having something come off CD off-sync with Wildfire. Yes, we lost a lot of our 'supportive' role to Cross-Class skills and that's a lot easier to juggle in that form, but maintaining our DPS is going to be... well, a complex machine of many moving parts, what with ammo, random combo procs, heat, Wildfire-based CD management, and timely turret sacrifice. (Think of how many fights you're going to have to weigh the sacrifice cost of using Rook Overload against more mobile bosses Bishop can't just fill in against for free.) Considering almost all the 'complexity' of MCH now is just in understanding how pieces work and doing a good Wildfire rotation... yeah.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 6, 2017

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

Hello friends, I am forming a static for Stormblood! I've got a post over here on catgirl.bargains, which also has https now!

https://catgirl.bargains/topic/53-thals-balls/

I am doing the same but for cool EU peeps who want low pings and more french people on their servers:

https://catgirl.bargains/topic/40-eurovision-raid-contest/

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

The Chairman posted:

catgirl.bargains has SSL enabled now, for whoever was waiting to register there until it was secure.

thanks!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Locke posted:

It's actually going to be more complex then before. Our AoE rotation is slightly more compex now instead of "Drop Bishop, pop CDs, Grenado/Spread spam" it is currently is with both Bishop Overload and Flamethrower being a thing that are things that come with both benefits and cost. Heat is another resource we have to balance and measure, especially if Overheating on spot is supposed to be a thing. Our CDs are both shorter and line up better with Wildfire, so our downtime rotation is going to be way more complex AND we have to maintain it entirely to make sure we don't lose DPS by having something come off CD off-sync with Wildfire. Yes, we lost a lot of our 'supportive' role to Cross-Class skills and that's a lot easier to juggle in that form, but maintaining our DPS is going to be... well, a complex machine of many moving parts, what with ammo, random combo procs, heat, Wildfire-based CD management, and timely turret sacrifice. (Think of how many fights you're going to have to weigh the sacrifice cost of using Rook Overload against more mobile bosses Bishop can't just fill in against for free.) Considering almost all the 'complexity' of MCH now is just in understanding how pieces work and doing a good Wildfire rotation... yeah.
Yeeeeah. I guess there's no cast times! But that wasn't really complex, just annoying...

I really, really like the thematics and SFX and such of MCH. I really wanted to main it in Stormblood. But geez I can barely handle it right now, let alone with even more stuff to juggle on top of it. :downs: At least I have BRD at 60 too, and the new song stuff doesn't really seem appreciably complex. Between BRD being way easier and having more group utility no wonder only like 3% of folks want to main MCH in stormblood.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

SonicRulez posted:

You might already know this but if you do the frontlines roulette once a day for a week you get close to 30,000 seals even if you mostly come in dead last. If you buy the pvp i110 accessories and belts for 250 wolf marks you can turn them in at your GC for 730 seals a piece if you are using the priority seal allowance thing. Like 650 if you aren't. Pvp is like a bottomless well of seals.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
So making my own Ironworks crafting gear has been a lot of fun, but it turns out I badly misjudged how much overmelding materia would cost and am down to 100k gil net worth. What's the best way to make 5-10M gil in the next couple of days for someone with no money but level 60 in all crafting and gathering professions and almost fully geared? So far the best things seem to be the leftover glass fibers from my Moogle quests (though I want to keep enough to finish my ironworks set), FC3s from desynthing Elegant Rimless Glasses (everything can be gathered except Minium, which I can buy for nothing in the MB) and the various aethersands from Aetherial Reduction. Does anyone have better ideas? I have the mining and botany folklore nodes unlocked but none of those materials seem to be selling for much any more and it's hard to gather them in large quantities anyway.

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jun 6, 2017

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Gather dragonskin maps and run them with people

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:lol:

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Asimo posted:

Yeeeeah. I guess there's no cast times! But that wasn't really complex, just annoying...

I really, really like the thematics and SFX and such of MCH. I really wanted to main it in Stormblood. But geez I can barely handle it right now, let alone with even more stuff to juggle on top of it. :downs: At least I have BRD at 60 too, and the new song stuff doesn't really seem appreciably complex. Between BRD being way easier and having more group utility no wonder only like 3% of folks want to main MCH in stormblood.

Oh yeah, we lose cast bars too. So on top of everything else we MCHs will also be the designated Mechanics Bitch.

... life is hard.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
4.1 Machinist job name changed to Mechanic.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Outstanding.

Also reading those synopses some more I can't wait for Stormblood BLM. It's a class and aesthetic I love but NIN was just so much easier to play.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

It's not AoE. Use it on yourself for 20% maxHP barrier, use it on someone else for 10% (of your) maxHP barrier. If the barrier is fully consumed you get 50 blood.

Holyshoot posted:

I have no idea where he gets "chance" out of that, to me it looks like "interruption from damage while casting no longer happens"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Shirk thoughts:

2 minute cooldown, 25% of enmity transferred. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think current raid tanking strats focus on spiking enmity as much as possible at the start, so the rest of the fight the tanks can do their dps combos.

So it's less of a tank swap helper as it is enmity generation. I'm thinking it'll be used on cooldown, but the OT will still do their main DPS rotation while it's active. Like shadewalker, really.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Asimo posted:

Same, it's a class I really want to love but the actual mechanics behind it just push me away. I spend the entire fight staring at my hotbar trying to track the goddamn RNG combo, and then when wildfire comes up it's 15 seconds of pure panic as I try to smash every button on my keyboard. Then there are classes like BLM and DRG that I could play with my eyes closed. :shrug:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Rainuwastaken posted:

Same, it's a class I really want to love but the actual mechanics behind it just push me away. I spend the entire fight staring at my hotbar trying to track the goddamn RNG combo, and then when wildfire comes up it's 15 seconds of pure panic as I try to smash every button on my keyboard. Then there are classes like BLM and DRG that I could play with my eyes closed. :shrug:

Yeah this is what I prefer, I cant keep track of the classes with complex rotations like mch or DRK. Gimme a simple rotation I can sleep through like WAR DRG or BLM. BLM/DRG getting even easier in SB is so nice.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

M.c.P posted:

Shirk thoughts:

2 minute cooldown, 25% of enmity transferred. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think current raid tanking strats focus on spiking enmity as much as possible at the start, so the rest of the fight the tanks can do their dps combos.

So it's less of a tank swap helper as it is enmity generation. I'm thinking it'll be used on cooldown, but the OT will still do their main DPS rotation while it's active. Like shadewalker, really.

Yeah, since enmity combos are a dps loss for all three tanks in SB, there's no good reason the off tank should rip threat after a swap.

Honestly I think it's really loving weird that tanks would get an enmity reduction ability. It ought to work the other way around, where the tank steals 25% of the target's enmity. That way it wouldn't be useless in 4-man duties.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, since enmity combos are a dps loss for all three tanks in SB, there's no good reason the off tank should rip threat after a swap.

Honestly I think it's really loving weird that tanks would get an enmity reduction ability. It ought to work the other way around, where the tank steals 25% of the target's enmity. That way it wouldn't be useless in 4-man duties.

It seems good for tank swaps though or just feeding a little extra to the MT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

did you not read the post i quoted, or the top half of my post, or what

• Locked thread