Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Grimlock only came to one store in the LA area today, but they were super strict with the "1 per family" limit, so it wasn't so bad. One TRU in Hawaii has fourteen Grimlocks, if anyone happens to be out there looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Goon posted:

You know what? With the PE Scorponok coming out and the Maketoys one, I've asked myself why the gently caress I'm getting the Botcon set.

I don't give two shits about Devcon or Cannonball, and think Ferak looks like rear end. I also don't need an orange Classics Prime. I'm gonna cancel the set once their offices open this week and save myself 400 dollars

This entire post should be the new name of this thread

Or

Transformers: Why the gently caress am I getting the BotCon set?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

^^This 100%.

I don't know why you'd pay that for the Botcon set even if PE Scorponok wasn't coming out. Same with those Cloud repaints that are x4 the price of the oringinals for no real reason.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Does anyone have a link to the TTomy release schedule at the Allspark; I lost some of my bookmarks and I cannot find it in their forums.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Upcoming E-Hobby exclusive:

Pretty hyped for this as long as it isn't an over $250 set or something like that.

Ka0 posted:

Does anyone have a link to the TTomy release schedule at the Allspark; I lost some of my bookmarks and I cannot find it in their forums.

Is this what you're looking for?:http://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/53496-takaratomy-2008-2014-figure-release-schedule/

Lepecard fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 26, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Huh, I always thought the original dinobot molds were obliterated or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Years ago some dude proved that the "destroyed molds" thing is bunk. He made his own molds by casting original parts.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Lepecard posted:

Pretty hyped for this as long as it isn't an over $250 set or something like that.

OH WOW. WOW. :eyepop: I am all over these. Are these real? This isn't a fake? These guys look friggin' awesome!

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Blackheart posted:

I think he was joking. That or this has become a hillarious game of telephone from the original context of the photoshop.

Rhyno posted:

Years ago some dude proved that the "destroyed molds" thing is bunk. He made his own molds by casting original parts.

There's a huge difference making a mold at home and the steel cut molds they use for good quality mass production. Of course you can just make a cast of any already existing thing: that's why there's so many KOs (and partly why the vast majority of them are poo poo).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpikeMcclane posted:

I think he was joking. That or this has become a hillarious game of telephone from the original context of the photoshop.

There's a huge difference making a mold at home and the steel cut molds they use for good quality mass production. Of course you can just make a cast of any already existing thing: that's why there's so many KOs (and partly why the vast majority of them are poo poo).

True but he showed that with the proper care you could create new molds. HasTak has plenty of resources and computers and poo poo.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Picked up Scorn and Slug today, breaking my "no tf4 movie toys" vow and passed on evasion optimus and voyager grimlock. Now that I am essentially 'in' for movie toys, I figure I'll wait for a set with a facemask and some chrome or something?

I told myself I was going into TRU to check for MP grimlock to sell to a goon at face value since I already have one but, who am I kidding, I was going to buy those drat dinobots and you are all to blame.

:rodimus:

late edit:
TRU also had many Springers and Sandstorms, a couple Whirls and a confused Thundertron. Is the John Goodman figure supposed to be out yet in the US (Eastern)?

TheDK fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 26, 2014

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Friend told me new figures were in at Walmart so snagged Evasion Optimus rather than waiting for the Classic packed 2 pack.

drat, this is a swank thing. The transfomation is tops and it's pretty drat poseable.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lepecard posted:

Holy poo poo me want

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Rhyno posted:

True but he showed that with the proper care you could create new molds. HasTak has plenty of resources and computers and poo poo.

And HasTak has done that in the past, reissue Soundwave is a combination of a a rescued Soundblaster mold and some recast Soundwave parts for example. The problem for them is not whether they can do it but rather can they make their money back on it? Grimlock they can easily, Swoop maybe, the others not so much I think. They can't really go anyway but all in with the sub-groups and that's 5 figures, no guarantee they would all make their money back and then enough extra to justify having done it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Lepecard posted:

Is this what you're looking for?:http://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/53496-takaratomy-2008-2014-figure-release-schedule/

Bingo, thank you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Other posted:

And HasTak has done that in the past, reissue Soundwave is a combination of a a rescued Soundblaster mold and some recast Soundwave parts for example. The problem for them is not whether they can do it but rather can they make their money back on it? Grimlock they can easily, Swoop maybe, the others not so much I think. They can't really go anyway but all in with the sub-groups and that's 5 figures, no guarantee they would all make their money back and then enough extra to justify having done it.

What kind of rear end in a top hat doesn't want all five original Dinobots?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Other posted:

This is why they should be sold as a giftset. Although preferably not in AoE colors. I still have my original Dinobots in good working order, but I would absolutely pick up quality reissues, especially if Swoop has a blue chest.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Speaking of the Dinobots, have there been any pics of the Dinobots transformed into robot mode from the movie? I have this sinking feeling that they may not transform.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Anora posted:

Speaking of the Dinobots, have there been any pics of the Dinobots transformed into robot mode from the movie? I have this sinking feeling that they may not transform.

Nope, but Hasbro has said they do transform in the movie. At the very least, I'm sure Grimlock will.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Keldroc posted:

Nope, but Hasbro has said they do transform in the movie. At the very least, I'm sure Grimlock will.

He is pretty big, though, so I wonder what the bad guys have that will match Grimlock.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
That may have been spoiled by one of the Kreo sets.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Me. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

What's it like being an absolute monster?

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Rhyno posted:

The one who only needs 3 more to complete the set? So technically i only want 3 of them.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

AzMiLion posted:

The one who only needs 3 more to complete the set? So technically i only want 3 of them.

But in actuality you want all five, so his point stands, and you are not a monster.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Feels good, man. :smug:

Seriouspost, I was never a big G1 dinobots fan, not even as a kid. I love dinosaurs, and transforming robots are cool as heck, but for me that's two great tastes that just don't go great together. At best, Beast Wars stuff was more up my alley.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
You are literally the worst. Someone tell Dickeye he has to give up the name, the title must be passed on to its new master.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

I admire his purity. He's unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Typically I only need Snarl, and he has to be that lurid green colour doesn't he. That Grimlock in the bronze looks boss as gently caress though.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The MSJ posted:

He is pretty big, though, so I wonder what the bad guys have that will match Grimlock.

Nothing, it's a Transformers movie.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I think sludge is a lovely mold I wouldn't pay more than $5 for, where do I fall on the Mengele scale?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

I admire his purity. He's unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
:golfclap:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Public Service Announcement: August isn't too far away now, guys!

We are spoiled.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Don't encourage him!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Don't encourage him!

You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? A perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its lovely taste.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

We are spoiled.

It is a great time to be a fan.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Picked up the Scorn Street chase or whatever it's called...

Sets like this are why Lego almost went out of business. The head and body are one piece each, Scorn does not have a robot mode, he barely stands up by himself, and a few of his pieces don't really want to stay in place (the spikes on his tail, a few joints). It's just bad. And $16 with tax is way to much to pay for that, most Lego sets clock in at 10 cents per piece, this thing is at 15, which is better then Slag at almost 20 cents per piece (or for math laymans: Twice as goddamned much as he should cost). Looks like Grimlock is the only one at a good cost per piece ratio. Also Crosshairs has one drat gun, and it's not a Tec-9 looking thing, which they can pull off, see below.

It's kind of depressing how just awful this thing is too, The beast hunter sets were actually pretty cool, with the Optimus one having a neat waist swivel and the new hands being kind of neat. The Micro-changers and blind bag Kreons this time around were actually well done, and show improvement on the ideas, as well as different modes for what are the save things (none of the jets in the wave one of the AoE blind bags have the same jet mode) and Jetfire (wash, ugh) is just cool looking, with some Tec-9 looking hand guns that break down and are put on his jet mode to sort of give him the heavy armored Valkyrie look.

Asked about Computron and Menasor at the TRU I picked up scorn, and they may not be getting them in, ever. I really hope Hasbro re-releases them, seems like the few guys I've been looking for have been dropped off into this void of never seeing a retail shelf. Some day cosmos, I will find you.

I can take some pictures with my 3DS later to show some of this stuff off, I just don't know of a good free image host that allows remote linking.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Anora posted:

I can take some pictures with my 3DS later to show some of this stuff off, I just don't know of a good free image host that allows remote linking.

imgur.com

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sentinel Red posted:

We are spoiled.

I wish those tyres were rubber, but I guess they wont be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Made some images, Sorry for the Quality, but the 3DS is kind of a poo poo camera.

Crosshairs and Jetfire/wash next to each other, just showing off Crosshair's only gun, and the sweet guns Jetfire has that Crosshair's should have.

Scorn next to a Lego T-rex. Both of them cost the same. Scorn does come with three mini-figs and a flag, but his lack of size really kills it, plus he lacks those bitchin' eyebrows. Just to point out a few flaws not evident in the picture: The tail joint to the body is loose, the knees are loose, those two spikes on the tail will fall out if you look at them, and the ratchet joint in the body holds better then the bricks on the legs which leads to problems even standing him up.

A pic of the body. Notice the tail turned down, it's really loose.