Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
@weirdplayersonshirtschat

I was once a couple of euros away from buying a 2010-11 Mariga home shirt. I really thought he was going to be something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

GreatestLurker posted:

@weirdplayersonshirtschat

I was once a couple of euros away from buying a 2010-11 Mariga home shirt. I really thought he was going to be something.

I actually thought he was going to be great too and I was mad when you guys bought him. I'm glad he's poo poo now.

Cippalippus posted:

If you happen to be nearby Bergamo, go to the Atalanta's Festa della Dea. There isn't really much to do, but you can smoke a shitload of weed with Atalanta's supporters!

You can do this any time in Bergamo!!! Can you run over any cars in a tank though?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Udinese announced that Scuffet turned down a transfer to Atletico Madrid, he just wanted to remain with Udinese.

They'll make more money selling him a year or two from now anyways (to Juve when Buffon retires).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Udinese announced that Scuffet turned down a transfer to Atletico Madrid, he just wanted to remain with Udinese.

They'll make more money selling him a year or two from now anyways (to Juve when Buffon retires).

I read that he wanted to finish school as well. Either way, good lad.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Gigi Galli posted:

You can do this any time in Bergamo!!! Can you run over any cars in a tank though?

Not this time, apparently :v:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Evra to Juve is a done deal.

Looks like what pissed off Conte was the impossibility to get to Cuadrado. Other than him, they bought everyone he was asking (Morata, Evra, soon Pereyra).

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wasn't impossible, just unlikely. The money and Cuadrado wanting to move to a different club in Serie A.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Morata hosed up his knee in training today and needs to be evaluated.

:thumbsup:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Poor lad.. or maybe it's an excuse to get on dat dere Italy tech

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Interesting...

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Cart Cam posted:

Looking at what Allegri did after they left Silva & Zlatan deserved to get a big payday after dragging Milan to the title.

finished third with a pretty poo poo squad?

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

dilbertschalter posted:

finished third with a pretty poo poo squad?

Not selling Mexes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cart Cam posted:

Not selling Mexes. Bonera

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Cart Cam posted:

Looking at what Allegri did after they left Silva & Zlatan deserved to get a big payday after dragging Milan to the title.

Was able to field more garbagemen than the city of Napoli?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

Was able to field more garbagemen than the city of Napoli?

You only need one garbageman for this.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I sure hope to see some regional discrimination probations soon, there's no place for this in the modern game.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Gigi Galli posted:

You only need one garbageman for this.

:vince:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Drogadon posted:

I sure hope to see some regional discrimination probations soon, there's no place for this in the modern game.

All instances of regional discrimination need to be handled the Juve way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrfmayO9COU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Morata is going to be out for about 2 months with an MCL tear. Fun.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Morata is going to be out for about 2 months with an MCL tear. Fun.

He literally had one day of training right? Incredibly bad luck.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

He literally had one day of training right? Incredibly bad luck.

So far the Allegri era is great!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

So far the Allegri era is great!

I'm excited for Milan to sign Chiellini on a free.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The Tim Cup has been drawn today:

Small text but readable.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nice, Vicenza - Bassano in the first round. :getin:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Milan got the best draw too

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Holy hells is espnfc unusable for anyone else? The redesign feels like it removes any functionality in favor of being prettier.

Any other sites in english that will have, say, good analysis and game reports and w/e?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Holy hells is espnfc unusable for anyone else? The redesign feels like it removes any functionality in favor of being prettier.

Any other sites in english that will have, say, good analysis and game reports and w/e?
Not really. Almost no one outside of Italy watches the league for some reason.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hoping Prato does well for a little bit.

Fiorentina v Roma is gonna be a slugfest. Rotten luck that is. Roma, Juventus, and Fiorentina all against each other possibly. Rough.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

straight up brolic posted:

Everybody I know who I talk about it with who aren't Italian don't watch it because of the match fixing scandals & they think every game would be fixed.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I think Seria A, while maybe not watched a lot is still very respected in Japan?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Northern conspiracy?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Karl Sharks posted:

Northern conspiracy?
it is

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cart Cam posted:

Everybody I know who I talk about it with who aren't Italian don't watch it because of the match fixing scandals & they think every game would be fixed.

I think it's mainly this. To be fair it's an entirely different style of football than other leagues. More of a chess game. Bundesliga is fairly fast paced from the games I have seen. But Serie a is more mental, and it shows when players shine.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

silvergoose posted:

Football-Italia.net

A thousand times better than the drivel that espnfc shits out as well. They're still prone to oversimplifications but ta the best English language site I know of.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I use that and forza Italian football too. They don't have as much stuff it seems, but different stories.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I would watch more serie A if the games didn't look like they were being transmitted from the 80s.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

MrBling posted:

I would watch more serie A if the games didn't look like they were being transmitted from the 80s.

Stream online friend. Lots of games are HD if you have the band width (I don't )

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Soulex posted:

Stream online friend. Lots of games are HD if you have the band width (I don't )

No I mean I have them on my TV in HD, but the production is terrible. The fact that the stadiums tend to be these old concrete blocks with no fans doesn't really help either.

It could possibly be because there's a layer of smoke from the flares and firecrackers set off that has everything slightly hazy.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

My biggest issue with watching serie a games these days is that most matches (except for the big derbies and Juventus' home games) is that theres barely any people in the stadium and mostly silent or just a little buzz of sound. Idk why its a problem since I'm watching it on the tv but it makes me a lot less interested in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

MrBling posted:

No I mean I have them on my TV in HD, but the production is terrible. The fact that the stadiums tend to be these old concrete blocks with no fans doesn't really help either.

It could possibly be because there's a layer of smoke from the flares and firecrackers set off that has everything slightly hazy.

Both could be accurate tbh.

Edit:^^^ depends on the team. Artemio Franchi has a full house most of the time. So does San Siro, Roma, and a few more.

• Locked thread