Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Mod request: Bifrost animation for fast travel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I've never modded a home before, is there anything special that needs to be done if I want to mod a vanilla house like Breezehome into having a massive basement so I can move all 30 of my followers and my spouse and my six children in? Or would it be easier to find a spot in the Cloud District where I can plonk a new house down?

I'm not especially worried about lore friendliness, I just think it'd be nice to be able to wander around town and see all my buddies and kids hanging out at the market or the inn.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Deuce posted:

Mod request: Bifrost animation for fast travel

oh god no, don't add more loading screens

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pyrotoad posted:

I've never modded a home before, is there anything special that needs to be done if I want to mod a vanilla house like Breezehome into having a massive basement so I can move all 30 of my followers and my spouse and my six children in? Or would it be easier to find a spot in the Cloud District where I can plonk a new house down?

I'm not especially worried about lore friendliness, I just think it'd be nice to be able to wander around town and see all my buddies and kids hanging out at the market or the inn.

There was a Breezehome basement mod for Original that also had a secret exit outside the walls, not sure if it got ported. Might at least be a place to start looking?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

drkeiscool posted:

oh god no, don't add more loading screens

I will never not :lol: at the Uncle Sheogorath mod's many many grammar and punctuation errors given that the creator listed his occupation as Copywriter.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Schadenboner posted:

There was a Breezehome basement mod for Original that also had a secret exit outside the walls, not sure if it got ported. Might at least be a place to start looking?

There's a couple of mods for SSE (should've mentioned I was using SSE in the original post, my bad) that do expand Breezehome, but the biggest I've found maxes out at eight beds for followers. If it's not considered rude to mess with other people's work I might try and mod this mod to get rid of all the storage space and crafting things I won't use and put more beds in...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pyrotoad posted:

There's a couple of mods for SSE (should've mentioned I was using SSE in the original post, my bad) that do expand Breezehome, but the biggest I've found maxes out at eight beds for followers. If it's not considered rude to mess with other people's work I might try and mod this mod to get rid of all the storage space and crafting things I won't use and put more beds in...

I mean, as long as you don't upload it to Nexus (although some people do a Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike thing might let you) it's a single-player game?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, as long as you don't upload it to Nexus (although some people do a Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike thing might let you) it's a single-player game?

That's true, didn't consider that. I'll give it a go then.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

I will never not :lol: at the Uncle Sheogorath mod's many many grammar and punctuation errors given that the creator listed his occupation as Copywriter.

he also listed the mod as humorous, mistakes all around

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Pyrotoad posted:

That's true, didn't consider that. I'll give it a go then.

As someone who likes to tinker with other mods (especially player homes) this is the easiest way to go. Don't forget to edit the navmeshes so the NPCs can get to whatever furniture you add.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Pyrotoad posted:

If you are doing the edits purely for you and some friends or goons, no it's not rude. And if anyone says otherwise just call them Arthmoor and ignore them.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Is there an ENB that doesn't turn every interior and night into dark hole darkness? Using Tucoguide so I used PRT for Obsidian weathers, and I lmaoed when I pulled out a torch at night to find the torch was having its light dimmed like a dying flashlight. As good as things like ELE are good for screenshots, Skyrim just wasn't built around dungeons being lit by sparse candles every 400 feet. Then I use night eye and I go blind because every light effect turns to pure white. Do the people using these mods actually play the game like this??

Also an ENB compatible with night eye would be cool too. Because most aren't, I find, and the ones with the "fix" don't work, even with it enabled in the ENB menu.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Average Bear posted:

Is there an ENB that doesn't turn every interior and night into dark hole darkness? Using Tucoguide so I used PRT for Obsidian weathers, and I lmaoed when I pulled out a torch at night to find the torch was having its light dimmed like a dying flashlight. As good as things like ELE are good for screenshots, Skyrim just wasn't built around dungeons being lit by sparse candles every 400 feet. Then I use night eye and I go blind because every light effect turns to pure white. Do the people using these mods actually play the game like this??

Also an ENB compatible with night eye would be cool too. Because most aren't, I find, and the ones with the "fix" don't work, even with it enabled in the ENB menu.

Most of the ENBs out there are fine on their own, it’s the lighting mods themselves that are the culprit here. ELE, ELFX and RLO in particular are guilty of this because their authors seem to think DARKER IS BETTER YOU GUYS, SHADOWS SHOULD BE PITCH BLACK:byodood:.

And it’s a goddamn shame too, because those lighting mods really do make the game look better over all, it’s just, yeah, light balance? What is that arcane magic? The only way to get around it is to go into the ENB menu itself and tweak the interior and night brightness levels until you can actually see poo poo. It breaks the aesthetic, yeah, but at least you’re not bumbling around in pitch darkness anymore.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeahhh I tweaked them from 1.0 to 0.3. Doesn't completely destroy the look the enb is going for, and most of the time you can see things in the dark in a shade of deep blue. But man, there has got to be one of these presets made around actually playing the game.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I followed the tucoguide and didn't have any issue, but I Didn't use an ENB. I used the lighting mod version recommended for an ENB-less install, and interiors are fine with some kind of filter toggle thing that's built in. I think the hotkey is f4? or del? something like that. It makes for really pretty outdoor shots when turned on, and makes the game playable and viewable when turned off indoors.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
^^^ ENBless lighting mods work a little differently. Although I recommend you install ENB too, just for the performance boost magic it does in the background by default.

One unrelated thing; is there a version of Opulent Outfits that doesn't require Consistent Old People? Even the replacer version needs that and AI Overhaul (???) as masters. Now, COP is bad because it edits npc facegen, and if two mods do that to one npc, they get blackface. AI Overhaul is bad because it literally just tweaks sliders. I just want pretty robes...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The Job Board guy made an aqueduct mod for Oldrim, has anyone used it in SSE?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Schadenboner posted:

The Job Board guy made an aqueduct mod for Oldrim, has anyone used it in SSE?

This dude has ported most of MannyGT's LE mods to SE, including The Wall of Skyrim (the mod in question), and they all work pretty drat good from experience.

I haven't used it myself in either version because it looks weird and out of place, especially in Skyrim. But to each their own, I guess.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

nine-gear crow posted:

This dude has ported most of MannyGT's LE mods to SE, including The Wall of Skyrim (the mod in question), and they all work pretty drat good from experience.

I haven't used it myself in either version because it looks weird and out of place, especially in Skyrim. But to each their own, I guess.

I like a super Roman Empire empire so the more the better for me.

:shrug:

The lighthouse one is real good too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Schadenboner posted:

I like a super Roman Empire empire so the more the better for me.

:shrug:

The lighthouse one is real good too.

Yeah, Lanterns of Skyrim, Windhelm Lighthouse and High Hrothgar Overhaul are all really good. I just think the aqueduct would be better suited for Cyrodiil but lol Beyond Skyrim never coming out so

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What's the best follower tweak mod in modern times? I recall it used to be EFF.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Average Bear posted:

What's the best follower tweak mod in modern times? I recall it used to be EFF.

I use Immersive AFT

because having an army following you is funny

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I finally got my computer fixed and I'm getting my modlist rebuilt. Yay. I am converting some Oldrim mods for my new loadout.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

How are Immersive Armors/Immersive Weapons now for Skyrim SE? Last time I used either was back in Oldrim probably in the 2012-2013 time frame and both created some issues in the levelled lists that I can't remember. Are they still the go-to for additional weapon/armor variety in the game? And are there any complete texture packs that do the Neural AI upscaling that Oblivion and Morrowind have?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I've been reading about some newish mod called Legacy of the Dragonborn. Is this a cool and fun mod to drop in the middle of my game? I'm fairly lightly modded and only just started this character.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Immersive Armors is still really good, Immersive Weapons is mostly eh and ignorable ime.

Legacy of the Dragonborn is all about how much you like being a packrat. I personally really like it and everything about collecting stuff to display but it absolutely isn't for everyone. Also without some of the optional compatibility with other mods some of it can be pretty bare.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I always use Immersive Armors and it's pretty good.

I use a combo of Immersive Weapons and another weapons compilation (can't remember the title) and I get very little use out of them apparently. Early game I'll quickly rotate through increasingly good iron -> steal weapon varieties, and then I hit the optimum of my weapon class and that's it. The next few tiers come slowly and I don't notice the variety as much.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Do I need to do some weird Wrye Mash magic to merge those weapons and armor into my levelled lists, or do the mods take care of that already? I'm pretty much over doing crazy mod setups. I like to add a few choice things here in there, keep it low maintenance, and just play the game. TIA!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The only issue with Immersive Armors is that if you start a brand new game it fucks everything in the opening sequence up because it replaces the armors for Hadvar, Ralof, Ulfric and Tullius with IA custom armors. Sometimes Ulfric's new armor (which looks really boss, by the way) fails to spawn in, other times Hadvar's new armor overriding his standard Imperial armor tends to catapult him into the sky or off towards loving Falkreath or wherever. It looks hilarious, but it sends the tightly scripted opening sequence spiraling out of control.

The advice I often see given is don't start a new game with it active ala Helgen Reborn, or at least wait until you get to the character creation auto save or into Helgen Keep before turning it on.

Also yeah I'll echo the sentiment that Immersive Armors is really good but Immersive Weapons is pretty lovely and a lot of the actual weapons in it look really out of place in Skyrim for a mod allegedly called "immersive".

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

nine-gear crow posted:

The only issue with Immersive Armors is that if you start a brand new game it fucks everything in the opening sequence up because it replaces the armors for Hadvar, Ralof, Ulfric and Tullius with IA custom armors. Sometimes Ulfric's new armor (which looks really boss, by the way) fails to spawn in, other times Hadvar's new armor overriding his standard Imperial armor tends to catapult him into the sky or off towards loving Falkreath or wherever. It looks hilarious, but it sends the tightly scripted opening sequence spiraling out of control.

The advice I often see given is don't start a new game with it active ala Helgen Reborn, or at least wait until you get to the character creation auto save or into Helgen Keep before turning it on.

Also yeah I'll echo the sentiment that Immersive Armors is really good but Immersive Weapons is pretty lovely and a lot of the actual weapons in it look really out of place in Skyrim for a mod allegedly called "immersive".

The starting sequence literally should just have been a goddamn cutscene. It breaks so much poo poo.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

chaosapiant posted:

Do I need to do some weird Wrye Mash magic to merge those weapons and armor into my levelled lists, or do the mods take care of that already? I'm pretty much over doing crazy mod setups. I like to add a few choice things here in there, keep it low maintenance, and just play the game. TIA!

Immersive Armour should take care of itself, as long as nothing else is affecting the levelled lists. I don't know if Immersive Weapons took care of itself but I definitely had to merge the two weapon lists. The other weapon mod I used worked fine solo and levelled lists worked with that and IA. I'll try to look up that weapon mod when I get home, since I my old mod list worked fine with just that one and immersive armour.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Schadenboner posted:

The starting sequence literally should just have been a goddamn cutscene. It breaks so much poo poo.

bu then it wouldn't be ~immersive~

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!
or memey

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
After you've seen the opening once you should probably just use Live Another Life or Skyrim Unbound.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I liked Unique Uniques. It was p.-to-v.deece.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

I think of the starting sequence as Skyrim writ small; it's pretty impressive when it works but it is very prone to breaking down in absolutely hilarious ways.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Lore Weapon Expansion was one I used. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9660 I didn't have to mess with levelled lists and it seemed to work properly. It doesn't add a ton of stuff looking back, but it worked.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Also, if anyone else misses Enhanced Camera, there's a beta version of an SSE port available on Reddit.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

My favorite time with the Skyrim intro was when I installed an "Immersive Carriages" mod (don't remember the name.) It somehow hosed with the physics of the carriages and the carriage in the intro would constantly get stuck on poo poo, bounce and flip, or just rocket into the sky dropping everyone on the ground. It was bananas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

chaosapiant posted:

My favorite time with the Skyrim intro was when I installed an "Immersive Carriages" mod (don't remember the name.) It somehow hosed with the physics of the carriages and the carriage in the intro would constantly get stuck on poo poo, bounce and flip, or just rocket into the sky dropping everyone on the ground. It was bananas.

Which is a shame because if it’s the mod I’m thinking of it really did a lot of great work making the carriages work better. Like: do you really want to schlep all the way out to loving Rorikstead? Especially since the yellow flower mod makes it the closest place to Whiterun and Lakeview Lodge to find them.