Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And I've heard nothing but amazing things about iron factory's(I think that's the name, they make the small-scale but high detail guys) stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the reputation of 3p stuff being more like statues is mostly from fans toys i think. theyre kind of the gold standard for character likeness and whatnot, but the super tight tolerances, vulnerable paint, and extreme prices really make you not want to transform them.

all the MMC stuff and Fans Hobby stuff i have is less scary to transform than official MP stuff, and especially the fans hobby stuff is like chug level of playability.

Captain Invictus posted:

And I've heard nothing but amazing things about iron factory's(I think that's the name, they make the small-scale but high detail guys) stuff.

Iron Factory is good, MMC is good, Maketoys is good, Fans Hobby is good. I've had no problem with any of their stuff.

FansProject is okay. Their Dinobots are very good... but not the best. Not like we've been getting from Hasbro even recently.

EDIT: forgot the reason why I came today in the first place. BBTS has lowered the price of Shouki fro
$209 to $159. So that's something.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I kind of don't like the looks of a lot of the 3P stuff, it just doesn't appeal to me as much, esp. with the price of a lot of it. Some of it does look amazing though for sure and I DO love my little Iron Factory Slipstream though so I am not against them entirely.

In conclusion, 3P bots are a land of contrasts.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Toyworld's Aurora (Throttlebot Searchlight) is one of my favorite Transformers toys period, never mind 3P. He used to be stupid cheap at BBTS but it looks like he finally sold out.

http://wikialpha.org/wiki/Aurora_(Toyworld)

Edit-- I can't vouch for the vendor, but this is a good deal:

https://robotoybase.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2724

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Nov 23, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Xenomrph posted:

Toyworld's Aurora (Throttlebot Searchlight) is one of my favorite Transformers toys period, never mind 3P. He used to be stupid cheap at BBTS but it looks like he finally sold out.

http://wikialpha.org/wiki/Aurora_(Toyworld)

speaking of the toyworld throttlebots, if you can find the Wei Jiang oversized knockoffs of them, they are every bit as high quality as the originals while being quite a bit larger.

but like 33% bigger, without losing any quality.

the set is so good that I have two of them, one for robot mode, one for combined mode. they are fantastic cars, fantastic robots, and a fantastic combined mode, even if the combiner parts are separate pieces, it allows for incredible stability when together. here's a picture of it to scale with titans return fort max(missing an arm since it was still in the mail)

just an incredible toy. kinda funny looking up wei jiang stuff now and there's a huge price hike on anything wei jiang made, like the throttlebots could be had for 12 bucks each and the main one(forget the name, the orange truck) was like 25. now the full set is 250ish or more, and any other OSKO wei jiang made is both very rare and also extremely expensive

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

RoboToyBase is legit, they're the ones who used to go by Chimimung or something like that and sold a lot of third party/knock-off stuff. They rebranded a while back I think to have a more western-friendly name. They're based out of Hong Kong though so shipping is slow, though no worse than any other Chinese vendor.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Maybe it’s because I mostly buy Legends scale 3P stuff but every single kit I have has been a good toy, even when the transformations get really complex for the scale. Never had anything break.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Hasbro finally addresses the twin Cyclonus controversy! (sort of)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGNJEyYz17k

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Technowolf posted:

Hasbro finally addresses the twin Cyclonus controversy! (sort of)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGNJEyYz17k

I mean, as far as the meta narrative and stuff goes

Yeah that makes the most sense.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
That's the short I remember enjoying haha. It's pretty silly and I'm for it.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I like how even official Hasbro shorts are like "good grief don't think about canon too hard!"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Obviously being an experienced brainwasher, Bombshell would be the last person to trust Robot Satan so he probably hosed off far away while Unicron was distracted and went on to marry Tailgate.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Captain Invictus posted:

speaking of the toyworld throttlebots, if you can find the Wei Jiang oversized knockoffs of them, they are every bit as high quality as the originals while being quite a bit larger.
I actually have the Goldbug, and his arms just pop off constantly when transforming him. It's easiest to just pop them off, transform them separately, and then re-attach them when done.

100% worth the 15 euro or whatever shipped though, great toy apart from that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arquinsiel posted:

I actually have the Goldbug, and his arms just pop off constantly when transforming him. It's easiest to just pop them off, transform them separately, and then re-attach them when done.

100% worth the 15 euro or whatever shipped though, great toy apart from that.
weird, none of mine do that. maybe they stopped making them because the molds got worn out or something and led to loose joints like that, and wei jiang was a bootlegger with standards

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Anora posted:

Looks like the Eject that comes with Kingdom Blaster is ALL clear plastic.

DT, please ask your TF design buddies to stop using clear plastic on joints. Are stickers and/or paint that much more expensive then a whole new plastic sheet? Honestly most of the time the clear windows don't even look that good, all you're seeing is internal kibble.

You are not going to like the next line after Legacy: Ghostlands. Featuring all your favorite characters cast completely in transparent plastic, because they are ghost. Characters like G1 Skyquake, G1 Pyro, Beast Wars Transmetal 1 Megatron, and Beast Wars Neo Randy.

Anyway SS Bumblebee Soundwave looks cool even with the funny alt mode. Surprised the window on the ship is not the window on his chest.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

"Ravage, eject, operation lower back relief"
*soundwave leans over and a crate-shaped ravage unceremoniously crashes to the ground from his chest cavity*

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Vaporware posted:

I like how even official Hasbro shorts are like "good grief don't think about canon too hard!"

They know better than to upset the sect of geewunners who react violently when something deviates from the English cartoon in any way.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

*soundwave leans over and a crate-shaped ravage unceremoniously crashes to the ground from his chest cavity*

:hai:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I reread Last Stand while on a flight the other day and it's still so good. I did start wondering why that crew hasn't shown up yet in the newer continuity. I mean Rotorstorm had a new toy atleast so I was expecting him to pop up maybe.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The MSJ posted:

You are not going to like the next line after Legacy: Ghostlands. Featuring all your favorite characters cast completely in transparent plastic, because they are ghost. Characters like G1 Skyquake, G1 Pyro, Beast Wars Transmetal 1 Megatron, and Beast Wars Neo Randy.

Just ship them smashed with a hammer at that point. Maybe add some blast effects you can dig out of the shards.

Something something hooters jokes.

https://twitter.com/hobbylink/status/1462586914603769860

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I really like what Beastbox is doing, the early ones are cute and the later ones are marvels of engineering, and I will never, ever buy one because there are over 40 of them and I cannot start a new collection at this point in my life

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
they seem to be doing one off licensed ones now like TMNT or Voltron. Might be worth it grab one of those to not kick in the gotta get them all instinct.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have 4 of them - the two crabs, the Alien, and the Power Loader.

The power loader rules, it looks great as a loader and it folds up really neatly into a box. I’ve been trying to convince the author of the official Alien RPG to introduce a folding power loader variant into the canon.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I have the shark and the beetle and they're both beautiful. I may have the pterosaur on pre-order because of that. And the two-jet combiner.

...I may have a problem.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

they seem to be doing one off licensed ones now like TMNT or Voltron. Might be worth it grab one of those to not kick in the gotta get them all instinct.

Is the Voltron one that "Elvis Lucky Cat" or whatever it's called?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i guess i missed out on the preorders for the fans hobby armada megs, which im kind of ok with because i prefer the white and purple colour variant that im sure fans hobby will do at some point

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
War For Cybertron Warpath is $11 on Amazon today.

Deal of the day: Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Deluxe WFC-K6 Warpath Action Figure - Kids Ages 8 and Up, 5.5-inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HGHQH34/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_BX61BBZ8QBTG5AEPM8XF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

War For Cybertron Warpath is $11 on Amazon today.

Deal of the day: Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Deluxe WFC-K6 Warpath Action Figure - Kids Ages 8 and Up, 5.5-inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HGHQH34/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_BX61BBZ8QBTG5AEPM8XF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

How good of a figure is he?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Technowolf posted:

How good of a figure is he?

Kablam! I'd say he's worth $11 easy, Kapowie!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Deal is over I guess??

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Deal over.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh, I get it, he's a Cybertronian bailer.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Ravage fits in the ThreeZero soundwave the same way.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 27, 2021

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yeah, Ravage doesn’t transform in the movie. He just folds up.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
He a weighted companion cuboid cat.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ravage not being a casette really makes their dynamic even weirder.

like its weird to live inside another guys chest, but if you turn into a cassette and your boy is a tape deck then at least theres a kind of logic to it.

now its like some 'stepsister stuck in the dryer' poo poo

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

juggalo baby coffin posted:

ravage not being a casette really makes their dynamic even weirder.

like its weird to live inside another guys chest, but if you turn into a cassette and your boy is a tape deck then at least theres a kind of logic to it.

now its like some 'stepsister stuck in the dryer' poo poo

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

What is that and where can I watch it? It looks terrible

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Darth TNT posted:

That's the OG Total Recall, and it's probably on most streaming platforms.

Unless I have been trolled, in which case boy is my face red.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That's the OG Total Recall, and it's probably on most streaming platforms.

Unless I have been trolled, in which case boy is my face red.

It's on Netflix! Open your miiiiinnnnnndddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Darth TNT posted:

The original Total Recall is most definitely worth checking out