Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

grimcreaper posted:

"It seems" their computer is loving retarded and should be put down.

Im all for people having fun with a Role Play, but this is sad. Its a solo game and hes role playing with himself and a mentally deficient computer that loves to say "It seems" "There seems" and "I believe" in front of EVERYTHING. Who the gently caress would be stupid enough to program a computer to do that unless your TRYING to get the player to commit suicide?

You know, you can say what you like about these role player types, but they are loving idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

its also hard to show things that make people go 'wow' when literally everything you're making is dated, crippled turds

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well I am having fun :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKSlX4ZA3GY

Think I am outgrowing Movie Maker though

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.
Read an interesting tidbit about mo-cap in a local gaming magazine's article on Quantum Break, Remedy's latest project. Game that also relies heavily on actors, mo-cap and so on.

In the article they said that they decided to set up their own mo-cap studio for budgetary reasons, because that cost as much as only two days worth of shooting in Los Angeles.

I forget if any numbers have been brought up in the thread before but just how expensive is this poo poo, any ideas?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

laughed from the spaceship sound effect to the end of the video

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Natron posted:

Well, this isn't even a question. Of course the space station will have a museum. What kind of civilized space station doesn't have its own Smartsonian Institute for Fine JPEGs??

Also, I'm sorry to say, but progress has been slow on the space station modeling because I recently fell of my bike breaking both my wrists got a horrible cold/flu and then a lovely dash of bronchitis, so I've been laying low for a while. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow and getting some :catdrugs:, and then I should be able to send along some rough shots of the general shape of the thing.

So in other words, two weeks.

Stay safe developer ghost !

Also get healthy and have fun with the design. gently caress those gray flat corridors.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

peter gabriel posted:

I'm the immersive chair animation preventing the poor man from doing anything about your theft of his ship

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AugmentedVision posted:

I'm the immersive chair animation preventing the poor man from doing anything about your theft of his ship

I enjoy that every time it happens and it is every time :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

alf_pogs posted:

laughed from the spaceship sound effect to the end of the video

Yay :)

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

peter gabriel posted:

when I got my account refund, I kept an aurora I'd added to a second account for my kid.

Much in this vein, I spent the evening teaching my 8 year old daughter the importance of griefing. We "helped" poor stimpirites get their ships launched by taking over the controls and doing it ourselves, or occasionally "nudging" them off of the pad to help them get going.

Later, after I'd left her to her own devices, she cheerfully announced "DADDY! I'm annoying someone!"

I am of course incredibly proud.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

redwalrus posted:

Galarox, you have inspired me to take my work to the next level.

:ohdear: :bravo:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Iridium posted:

when I got my account refund, I kept an aurora I'd added to a second account for my kid.

Much in this vein, I spent the evening teaching my 8 year old daughter the importance of griefing. We "helped" poor stimpirites get their ships launched by taking over the controls and doing it ourselves, or occasionally "nudging" them off of the pad to help them get going.

Later, after I'd left her to her own devices, she cheerfully announced "DADDY! I'm annoying someone!"

This story made me fill up with tears of pride thank you for sharing it commando

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Iridium posted:

This brought a tear to my eye.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

peter gabriel posted:

This story made me fill up with tears of pride thank you for sharing it commando

o9

see you in the interverse commando

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6369470/#Comment_6369470

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6370455/#Comment_6370455

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Holy hell, those sound effects had me laughing so hard. Thanks for the awesome videos, they are greatly appreciated :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

grimcreaper posted:

Holy hell, those sound effects had me laughing so hard. Thanks for the awesome videos, they are greatly appreciated :)

My pleasure, I am glad you enjoyed the sound of screaming imminent fiery death brought on by the brave men at Goon Dive Bomber Command

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this is the sort of opinion that is held by people who have not played a videogame made in the last fifteen years

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

lol

dive horns are never not funny

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This isn't the first time this loser reconts this bartender stdh.txt

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

this is the sort of opinion that is held by people who have not played a videogame made in the last fifteen years

Whoops, I just remembered that those were posted by someone else. Oh well, at least they're charmingly weird stories that probably never happened.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Lonkface posted:

Read an interesting tidbit about mo-cap in a local gaming magazine's article on Quantum Break, Remedy's latest project. Game that also relies heavily on actors, mo-cap and so on.

In the article they said that they decided to set up their own mo-cap studio for budgetary reasons, because that cost as much as only two days worth of shooting in Los Angeles.

I forget if any numbers have been brought up in the thread before but just how expensive is this poo poo, any ideas?

In short: Extremely expensive. But, given the amount of mocap Remedy was going to require, it just made since to use their own directors and their own team. When you rent a mocap session you're not only paying for the talent (the actor/actress) you're also paying for the space, the technicians, and if you don't have a good director, one of those as well. None of that is very cheap. Also, it's important to note that if you're dealing with SAG actors, you also have to pay for the talent's time just to get from their home to your studio and back. If they're on a plane for six hours, you're paying for those six hours and not getting anything for it. You're also paying for that flight, too.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

MeLKoR posted:

This isn't the first time this loser reconts this bartender stdh.txt

The local pub is a chatroom they set up to roleplay about Star Citizen

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ezekeel posted:

We should open a Patreon and collect money to put all these masterpieces in a gallery. Then invite Oldman for the opening night.

With the right sponsor and enough pretentiousness to defend that this is a "Critique about the meaning of art as corrupted by capitalism and new media" we could almost pull it off.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6367407/#Comment_6367407

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I was reading about football in the other forums and found sandi's nemesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc

paaarp

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

alf_pogs posted:

High school bullying must have hit them pretty hard. It's so intensely sad that they crave outside validation of their lovely spaceship game so much that they'll make poo poo up about bartender women talking to them.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Iridium posted:

:ohdear: you're an amazing father.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

On the contrary, normally you would hear about a game before 4+ years simply because it would've been completed and released.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

I love the fact that all the videos that follow appear to be conspiracy ones. You are doing Allah's work, however.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

What does he mean by "you're blocked"? He's he really :master:ing that he put him on ignore?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

Never stop having fun. Every time I heard that crunch sound effect I giggled like an idiot.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

:lol: The sound effects are killing me

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

What does he mean by "you're blocked"? He's he really :master:ing that he put him on ignore?

Yep, and that isn't the first time.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Chairman Wao posted:

Then let's go the other way. Ben, don't eat the eggs.

Agreed.

NO EGGS, BEN!

(Although, would Guy Fieri be enough of an attention whore to show up and cook them?)

(And, if he did, would he and Sandi reach a critical mass of attention whoredom that would destroy CIG in a blast of butthurt special snowflakedom and donkey sauce that would be heard around Reddit?)

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

alf_pogs posted:

you know what's even more amazing, it'll all be coded in Pascal

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6370930/#Comment_6370930

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

She's like Lindsey Bluth and GOB Bluth had a baby and let Tobias raise it

I laughed out loud in an intimate resturant reading this and then had to gracefully explain why I'm laughing at videogames. :mad:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Beet Wagon Personal Life Update 2/16/2016

I am very frustrated by my inbox full of reports and articles about the shark migration because I'm going out of town this weekend and will probably miss my chance at getting any good pictures of it. Especially since I was out there on Saturday and didn't see any of them. The fact that my stingray picture came out good makes me feel a little better though.

I think everyone should :justpost: and I like everyone in this thread which is pretty good and fun.

Requesting additional dog pictures in your next personal life update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

Galarox posted:

The Persistence of Idiocy, by Parpador Dali

this is amazing.

• Locked thread