Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cat doter posted:

the loss of our content, I can still feel it, the phantom pain is there!!!

I will not scatter your bandwidth to the heartless sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I'm just enjoying a well-made game. I'm more than 40 hours in, having a blast and I'm not even halfway through.

If there's something extra on top of it, then great. If not, I'm not going to gamer.txt my disappointment.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

A good game with a translation that makes it... better. :getin:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'll sue

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

get Phantom Breaker in the humble weekly for 1 buck because It Good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Keeshhound posted:

A good game with a translation that makes it... better. :getin:

I don't get it, are yuo saying star wolves isn't good because i think it's fun

space pirates gently caress off

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

corn in the bible posted:

I don't get it, are yuo saying star wolves isn't good because i think it's fun

I said it was a good game, didn't I? The translation is just it's most prominent element.

It's a neat blend of RTS, RPG and sandbox that I'd love to see more of.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

cat doter posted:

look at this goddamn bullshit

This is even more ridiculous when you remember that a digital sale has a much higher profit margin than any physical item, even after Valve's cut. They could sell the game for $30 and still make more than they would selling a CD in a box on a shelf for $60 anywhere in the world.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So did Dragonball Xenoverse price error earlier or something? I got an email about it and went to look and it's already back to a more normal price. Anyway snag a bunch of copies while it was under 9 bucks?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Light Gun Man posted:

So did Dragonball Xenoverse price error earlier or something? I got an email about it and went to look and it's already back to a more normal price. Anyway snag a bunch of copies while it was under 9 bucks?

I did, for this exact purpose.
add me

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kragger99/

KoB
May 1, 2009

cat doter posted:

look at this goddamn bullshit

The Australian minimum wage in USD is about $15, double the federal minimum wage. So your games should cost twice as much :colbert:

Whining all the way to your piles of money and spiders.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

KoB posted:

The Australian minimum wage in USD is about $15, double the federal minimum wage. So your games should cost twice as much :colbert:

Whining all the way to your piles of money and spiders.

rent, utilities and cost of food balance that out, we don't all have insane amounts of money to throw around on bullshit, like most conservative first world countries our middle class is shrinking and mostly in debt

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Kragger99 posted:

I did, for this exact purpose.
add me

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kragger99/

Do you have another copy? I'd be interested in getting another copy. Friend invite sent, watch out for a cat.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Light Gun Man posted:

I was going to and completely forgot to get copies while I was debating Witcher 3 (which I am buying immediately when I get home). Sorry!

Edit: Awesome, Kragger has your backs. I am behind on everything today.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 10, 2015

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Blattdorf posted:

Do you have another copy? I'd be interested in getting another copy. Friend invite sent, watch out for a cat.

Just have one left, and am seeing if Light Gun Man still wants it - if not, it's yours.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

It should have been One Piece again. :(

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I hope the FFV port has the non-GBA translation so it can have the worst of all worlds. Square is so lazy that I'd bet anything that a potential FFT release would keep the easily fixable WotL slowdown. I get that they just don't give a gently caress but man, pretty much every pc release they have is borked in some way or another.

Phantom Breaker is a fun beat-em up that is just a bit more complicated than straight button-mashing. The 2nd boss is the hardest part of the game so if anyone picks it up and runs into a wall there, don't think that the rest of the game is just going to up the ante even further and say "gently caress it, I quit" if you were having fun before. If you can power through it, you should be able to handle the rest of the game. Bosses are still a step-up in difficulty from the mobs but nothing will be as challenging as your first try against the 2nd boss.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 10, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sivek posted:

I hope the FFV port has the non-GBA translation so it can have the worst of all worlds. Square is so lazy that I'd bet anything that a potential FFT release would keep the easily fixable WotL slowdown. I get that they just don't give a gently caress but man, pretty much every pc release they have is borked in some way or another.

Phantom Breaker is a fun beat-em up that is just a bit more complicated than straight button-mashing. The 2nd boss is the hardest part of the game so if anyone picks it up and runs into a wall there, don't think that the rest of the game is just going to up the ante even further and say "gently caress it, I quit" at that part if you were having fun before. Bosses are still a step-up in difficulty from the mobs but nothing will be as challenging as your first try against the 2nd boss.

They've already said and shown it has the GBA translation. It's the mobile version of the game.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Sivek posted:

Phantom Breaker is a fun beat-em up that is just a bit more complicated than straight button-mashing. The 2nd boss is the hardest part of the game so if anyone picks it up and runs into a wall there, don't think that the rest of the game is just going to up the ante even further and say "gently caress it, I quit" if you were having fun before. Bosses are still a step-up in difficulty from the mobs but nothing will be as challenging as your first try against the 2nd boss.

The slowdown has been fixed in the iOS and Android ports, so if it ever comes I wouldn't worry too much.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Ragequit posted:

The slowdown has been fixed in the iOS and Android ports, so if it ever comes I wouldn't worry too much.

Good to know, I keep hoping it and the Tactics Ogre remake will get a pc release so I can remember Yasumi Matsuno was the dude about 15 years ago.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Kragger99 posted:

Just have one left, and am seeing if Light Gun Man still wants it - if not, it's yours.

Aw man.

If anyone else happens to have any copies of xenoverse I would like one :v:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Friend invite sent, Kragger99. Sorry for kind of walking away from the computer for a bit there.

edit: As always, Kragger99 is a cool guy, and hooked me up with a nice cheap game.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 10, 2015

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Sivek posted:

Good to know, I keep hoping it and the Tactics Ogre remake will get a pc release so I can remember Yasumi Matsuno was the dude about 15 years ago.
Worst case, the way things have been going for it, you should be able to get a PS TV for like $20 in a couple of months.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

How long will I have to wait for Enemy Within to hit 5bux? It's more about the principle of the thing by now but come on guys. :argh:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Sivek posted:

Honestly, just buy a copy of the game and then emulate it on PPSSPP. It's pretty solid that way, plus you can cheat away the crafting issues.

Also, I am sad that I missed the Xenoverse pricing error. Have had my eye on that game.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Random Hajile posted:

Worst case, the way things have been going for it, you should be able to get a PS TV for like $20 in a couple of months.

Let Us Cling Together and FFTactics are $15 combined on PsTV?

Like really, you can buy a PsTV, and both games for ~$50.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zedd posted:

How long will I have to wait for Enemy Within to hit 5bux? It's more about the principle of the thing by now but come on guys. :argh:

Probably never.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Zedd posted:

Probably after XCOM2 gets released.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Zedd posted:

It was 7.50 in June.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Was looking at picking up DMC, and it's got a little bundle thing with Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition. If I already have, but not yet really played, the standard DMC 4, is it worth the extra money to get the Special Edition when it appears to just be 3 new characters and "small adjustments for refined gameplay"? I couldn't care less about the graphic improvements since it won't matter on my potato computer.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Zedd posted:

i hope it never does

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

They've already said and shown it has the GBA translation. It's the mobile version of the game.

So the dialogue shown in those screenshots is the good version??

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Krowley posted:

So the dialogue shown in those screenshots is the good version??

It doesn't really showcase the script, but the original official translation was like this.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Help me I'm addicted to rocket punching stuff

I'm sorry for complaining about Sutherland, just have this line on repeat forever.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Witcher 3 deal is kind of hosed up on Steam. Witcher 3 is $42 (30% off), the Expansion Pass is $25 (not on sale), but Heart of Stone by itself is $8.50. I guess it's a good deal if the 2nd expansion ends up being $20+ by itself.

Of course the Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass bundle is $85.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

GreenNight posted:

Witcher 3 deal is kind of hosed up on Steam. Witcher 3 is $42 (30% off), the Expansion Pass is $25 (not on sale), but Heart of Stone by itself is $8.50. I guess it's a good deal if the 2nd expansion ends up being $20+ by itself.

Of course the Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass bundle is $85.

The second expansion is advertised as being twice as big as the first, so 8.50+17=25.50 would make sense.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

If you add Witcher 3 and Expansion Pass to your cart separately, the total is $66.98

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The new Humble Weekly doesn't seem to have been posted. It's about multiplayer.

Pay $1:
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Stardust Vanguards
No Time To Explain Remastered

Beat the Average:
Divekick
Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball

Pay $7:
Sportsfriends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

bonds0097 posted:

The second expansion is advertised as being twice as big as the first, so 8.50+17=25.50 would make sense.

Also it's only $8.50 as a courtesy, because it doesn't even come out until next month. Prices seem pretty fair for a preorder basically.

• Locked thread